Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
whats with the gloves tho

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A40ABSZb5hA

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

https://twitter.com/AngriestPat/status/969728500759441409
To which Paige responds:

quote:

Paige: You have a mole growing out of one of your moles. Don’t gently caress with FF9.
Paige: Your dumb bitch rear end can’t boil water without help.
Paige: You thought pee was stored in the balls.
Paige: You had some pretty interesting thoughts on vaginas there for a while.
Paige: You sat on a candy bar and thought you poo poo yourself.
Paige: You made a healthy sandwich for yourself for the first time at age 29.
Paige: You think bugs just grow out of the walls.
Paige: If there’s something sweet in the house, I will find the wrapper in the trash or hidden in the candy closet. THE CANDY CLOSET.
Paige: You wore the same pants every single day for such a long time, I began to doubt you had skin on your legs.
Paige: Given the evidence, I hearby pronounce you a loving boob and unable to have a reasonable, coherent stance on a video game.

:pusheen: :pusheen: :pusheen:

Grouchio fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 3, 2018

Belgian Waffle
Jul 31, 2006
:sbahj: what a burial.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
drat harsh.

i remember when he beat her in mario kart and she revealed on stream that pat has a hi vis step ladder he uses to reach cupboards in the kitchen

and that he swiped it from his even shorter father

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...
The ranking of the Best Friend Bunnies is officially Paige >>>>>> Crymetina >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> whatever Woolie's short-haired non-person is called.

Liam would've factored in somewhere between Crymetina and Woolie's girl.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
Woolie's GF is automatically #1 because she avoids being involved with this whole mess.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Please don't create Waifu Wars over real people not engaging in a faux persona created for entertainment's sake.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Dias posted:

Woolie's GF is automatically #1 because she avoids being involved with this whole mess.

Wrong. WRONG!

Crymetina and Paige are both awesome and I'm so glad they're involved with content creation.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

RareAcumen posted:

Please don't create Waifu Wars over real people not engaging in a faux persona created for entertainment's sake.

for real its loving weird

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
I like Paige, but I can't fault someone from giving their SO's fanbase a wide berth.

Also

RareAcumen posted:

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

quote:

Blockhouse posted:

for real its loving weird

It is a joke you absolute pair of goons. For gently caress's sake I included Liam in the mix.

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

Jokes should be funny.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

It's not my fault that your joke came off as indistinguishable from actual real people shipping.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Tell me more about shipping guys with anime waifus in their avatars.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo, you have canned responses too?

What can’t you do, aside from just admit you made a kinda weird joke and leave it at that?

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

I literally already admitted it was a joke and if you are deranged enough to take that as me advocating actual real-life person shipping then you probably need to take a break from this internet biz for like a half-second Mr Baal.

Now if you don't mind I'm waiting for the guy with the Lum dakimakura to explain creepy shipping to me.

Dias
Feb 20, 2011

by sebmojo
"short-haired non-person"

Just hold the L, my man.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
Being a huge whiny baby because you got called out on a dumb joke isn't a good look my dude

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

liam shouldnt be included in anything even as a joke

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Dias posted:

"short-haired non-person"

Just hold the L, my man.

Dude the point at which you are telling me to just hold the L is already far too late, you know this.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I like to think that women are people, even if they aren't on stream for my amusement. But that might be too controversial.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Nilbop posted:

Now if you don't mind I'm waiting for the guy with the Lum dakimakura to explain creepy shipping to me.
lol

someone bought like 60 different people lum avatars at one point, and some still have them. radical assumptions, my man!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nilbop posted:

It's a dakimakura? I thought it was just a fanart picture someone drew.

Captain Invictus posted:

someone bought like 60 different people lum avatars at one point, and some still have them.

^And that's why I have one, since I didn't have an avatar beforehand and Lum seemed neat. I wanted one, posted to that effect and was randomly gifted a Lum av so that was neat.

Also, uh basic shipping rules I guess? Don't be weird and ship people with their family unless you're being ironic and making a meme about 13th century nobility or something. Don't get deathly serious about who you want to see gently caress other people and the show or movie not making that canon. Don't harass people over this stuff. Age gaps can be alright but when you're dealing with a decade or more between two people you have to start with one person being twenty at the least. The real people shipping stuff gets weird especially when they're in a relationship already. Perhaps just use characters they play instead so instead of wanting to see Matt Damon and RDJ making out you could instead say Jason Bourne and Sherlock Holmes.

I would've responded earlier but I had no idea you wanted a reply. I hope you're happy. Look how much dumb poo poo you encouraged me to type and subject this thread to.

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 24 days!

Visidan posted:

drat harsh.

i remember when he beat her in mario kart and she revealed on stream that pat has a hi vis step ladder he uses to reach cupboards in the kitchen

and that he swiped it from his even shorter father

This peaked when someone on a stream had the name Pat's Safety Orange Step Stool :haw:

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

RareAcumen posted:

Also, uh basic shipping rules I guess? Don't be weird and ship people with their family unless you're being ironic and making a meme about 13th century nobility or something. Don't get deathly serious about who you want to see gently caress other people and the show or movie not making that canon. Don't harass people over this stuff. Age gaps can be alright but when you're dealing with a decade or more between two people you have to start with one person being twenty at the least. The real people shipping stuff gets weird especially when they're in a relationship already. Perhaps just use characters they play instead so instead of wanting to see Matt Damon and RDJ making out you could instead say Jason Bourne and Sherlock Holmes.

:yikes: Have you considered just not "shipping".

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
That ship has long sailed.

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI

BravestOfTheLamps posted:

:yikes: Have you considered just not "shipping".

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
please don't quote BOTL posts I don't want to accidentally read them

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Blockhouse posted:

please don't quote BOTL posts I don't want to accidentally read them

he's right this time

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

can u all stop being so loving catty and weird

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."
Hey guys how about that episode 15 of Binary Domain boy was that a dumb twist huh?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

ApeHawk posted:

Hey guys how about that episode 15 of Binary Domain boy was that a dumb twist huh?

I can`t believe Blade Runner 2049 ripped of Binary Domain

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

GulagDolls posted:

can u all stop being so loving catty and weird

no

TexMexFoodbaby
Sep 6, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

ApeHawk posted:

Eh I get it. You don't want weird cyber-babies mucking up the focking societal hierarchy now do ya? The twist was always dumb. It should've been a Westworld in, but it was just a westworld in.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
It at least makes dan, faye and amano seem sensible. Compared to Bo going "you a scraplover?"

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
I like the twist and the way it works out. Binary Domain is kinda goofy and its a better twist than the somewhat predictable "one of them is actually a snatcher" that many people probably speculated about from the very start of the story. The one thing I don't get is why Charlie is so emotional and aggressive about murdering Faye, given that most of his previous characterization that we got to see was him just being the by the book straight man to everyone elses sillyness.

The villains secret plan not actually being all that maliciously mustache-twirling evil and everyone from this dystopian future society that actually has robots treating it like the worst thing is kind of the point. It all seems fairly sensible to me and in line with the general silly tone of the game.

Pat, the man who would turn himself into a toilet to achieve immortality, being very pro transhumanism and pro Amano here is perfect and precious.

Zwiebel fucked around with this message at 13:10 on Mar 4, 2018

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Honestly at this point I don't see a reason why a sane(or less sane in pats case) human being wouldn't be pro amano.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I think the obvious thing is that while Amano should probably get killed there's no good reason to kill all the hybrids except some good old fashioned bigotry and fear. It makes sense why a military group of people who hate robots and kill robots would just also be cool with killing robot-adjacent things. Your entire team is made up of robo-racists. Dan's only not on board because he's in love with Faye and can't rationalize that with his own prejudices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tupperwarez
Apr 4, 2004

"phphphphphphpht"? this is what you're going with?

you sure?
I can't decide if having the black guy go full on racist uncle with, "Oh, so you're a scrap-lover???" is a clever reversal or stupidly tone-deaf.

Also, there's a 'race-mixing will destroy us all' undertone to it all which is kinda... yech. Then again in Yakuza 2, 'secret Koreans will destroy us all' was a plot point.