Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What the hell happens next?
This poll is closed.
They literally set fire to the ring by accident 2 2.22%
They literally set fire to the ring on purpose 6 6.67%
Film 6 months of content accidentally using WWE prop belts 6 6.67%
Rehire Jeff Jarrett 23 25.56%
Start splicing in archival footage of AJ Styles and pretending it's current 23 25.56%
Accidentally switch the live Pop TV feed to the WWE Network 6 6.67%
Lose the keys to the production truck, film 6 months of content in the parking lot with a Samsung 7 7.78%
Sue a fan who flips the bird on air, lose all company rights to said fan 13 14.44%
Somehow everything gets good and they start making money (Comedy Option) 4 4.44%
Total: 90 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Psychepath
Apr 30, 2003
https://twitter.com/TheJimCornette/status/969693791828496387

https://twitter.com/TheSamiCallihan/status/969696035864899584

https://twitter.com/KassiusOhno/status/969799471650492416

Is there anything worse in wrestling since 2017 than "whatever, I'm poo poo but I'm making money"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I would not be terribly upset if people stopped booking Sami Callihan

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Psychepath posted:

Is there anything worse in wrestling since 2017 than "whatever, I'm poo poo but I'm making money"?
"whatever, I'm poo poo but I'm getting checks that I haven't cashed yet cause I'm not entirely convinced won't just bounce"

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Benne posted:

I would not be terribly upset if people stopped booking Sami Callihan

Same. I liked what I saw of him in LU but Jesus Christ.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Someone trying to make people believe he is actually getting paid by TNA.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Haha man bad moves Callihan over here

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Imagine if Jeff Hardy bragged on social media about his paychecks after he broke Joey Mercury's face.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Psychepath posted:

There is nothing worse in wrestling than Kassius Ohno being disappointed in you :smith:

There is nothing more terrifying than William Regal being mad at you.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

Dude's going all in on the work

Probably the only thing you can do when you're a husk of poo poo with no idea what humility or responsibility even is. Nah bro i'm just a next level heel

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
I don't even care if he's working, when you hurt someone that badly the least you can do is say "sorry, I hosed up." Or maybe even "welp poo poo happens" if you wanna go full carny and try to get heel heat out of it. Or do what most smart wrestlers do and don't take the Cornette bait in the first place. Responding with "lol count the money" is so lame and tone-deaf, especially in loving TNA of all places. You're not working us because nobody is fooled, and it makes you come off as an unprofessional shithead.

I've been cooling on Sami for a while now, and this whole thing makes me never want to see him again. I guess there's a reason why he washed out of NXT.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
TNA should have just cut the segment. Why show a guy get severly injured when it happened so long ago?

Coaaab
Aug 6, 2006

Wish I was there...

Benne posted:

I don't even care if he's working, when you hurt someone that badly the least you can do is say "sorry, I hosed up." Or maybe even "welp poo poo happens" if you wanna go full carny and try to get heel heat out of it. Or do what most smart wrestlers do and don't take the Cornette bait in the first place. Responding with "lol count the money" is so lame and tone-deaf, especially in loving TNA of all places. You're not working us because nobody is fooled, and it makes you come off as an unprofessional shithead.

I've been cooling on Sami for a while now, and this whole thing makes me never want to see him again. I guess there's a reason why he washed out of NXT.
If Callihan made a sincere apology to Edwards in private and is pretending to be an unprofessional shithead on social media to get heel heat, I honestly have less of a problem with it (he's still unsafe). But Callihan has to be pretending.

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

Coaaab posted:

If Callihan made a sincere apology to Edwards in private and is pretending to be an unprofessional shithead on social media to get heel heat, I honestly have less of a problem with it (he's still unsafe). But Callihan has to be pretending.

Wouldn't doing that make promoters less likely to bring you in, and other wrestlers want to face you less? There's other ways to get heel heat, and making your gimmick "I'm sloppy and unsafe" just seems like a way to not get booked

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
so is sami callihan's character in tna a rich guy who brags about how rich he is

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Go RV! posted:

Wouldn't doing that make promoters less likely to bring you in, and other wrestlers want to face you less? There's other ways to get heel heat, and making your gimmick "I'm sloppy and unsafe" just seems like a way to not get booked

I think it's more like "you really hosed up my face you idiot, at least get some heat from it so it's not a waste of time/effort while my skull painfully mends itself"

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Sami Callihan is the worst. I can't think of any promotion that wouldn't be improved by dumping his rear end.

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/TheEddieEdwards/status/969731490123837440

At least Eddie is alright.

A bit of a LOL at them having this footage since January and still deciding to air it.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Charles Gnarwin posted:

Sami Callihan is the worst. I can't think of any promotion that wouldn't be improved by dumping his rear end.

AAW is pretty dependant on him he sorta carried the company for a bit along with the OI4K, Eddie Kingston, and the Lucha Bros.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

El Gallinero Gros posted:

AAW is pretty dependant on him he sorta carried the company for a bit along with the OI4K, Eddie Kingston, and the Lucha Bros.

Yeah and every AAW show I've been to would be better without Callihan in the main event or even on the card. Seeing Naito was dope but Sami dragged the match down.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

Sami Callihan is the worst indie darling ever that isn't named Davey Richards.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Fauxhawk Express posted:

Sami Callihan is the worst indie darling ever that isn't named Davey Richards.

Davey Richards is good.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Davey Richards is good.

on what metric? All I've seen out of him in the last 10 years is Dynamite Kid but with less selling and more avalanche spots.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

coconono posted:

on what metric? All I've seen out of him in the last 10 years is Dynamite Kid but with less selling and more avalanche spots.

Based on having great wrestling matches that crowds love, even in an environment as bland as TNA. If you are the Dynamite Kid with less selling and more high spots you sound pretty good!

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I don't care much for the term, but to me Davey Richards is the epitome of someone "playing pro wrestler." About the only wrestler I dislike more from a strictly in ring perspective is HHH.

Oddly enough, I'm kind of OK with his lack of selling, because his selling is wretched.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

NXT is running a show here next month at a night club. I got balcony seats, which should be pretty cool.

E: I realized this is the wrong thread. Oh well.

Endless Mike fucked around with this message at 22:01 on Mar 3, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Davey Richards was one of the best, most versatile performers in ROH. He played a fantastic chickenshit heel in 2007. He was an absolutely great world champion, his rivalry with Eddie, his matches with Aries, Black and Omega and more. He was one of the best tag team wrestlers in company history. The American Wolves were probably the best American tag team at the end of the aughts and had another good run this decade.

He's a complete loving dumbass who does and says stupid poo poo and burns bridges, but as a wrestler he's great.

Spiffster
Oct 7, 2009

I'm good... I Haven't slept for a solid 83 hours, but yeah... I'm good...

Lipstick Apathy
Jim Cornette is a mixed bag but he rightly deserves to drag his rear end after that spot. :wtc:

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
I keep reading Sami as the other Sami and am trying to imagine him wailing on people with a baseball bat

Testekill
Nov 1, 2012

I demand to be taken seriously

:aronrex:

Pictured here: a good wrestler?

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

And that reminds me of when Barry Windham's superplex was treated as this super awesome death move that no one had a prayer of even kicking out of

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Testekill posted:

Pictured here: a good wrestler?

Yeah that owns.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

MassRafTer posted:

Yeah that owns.

Did teh exact same spot with KOR and Tyler Black.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Davey Richards was a great wrestler, I don't know what he's like now since I never saw any of his stuff went to TNA, but he was really loving fantastic in ROH and had some absolutely amazing matches.

Strawberry Panda
Nov 4, 2007

Breakfast Defecting, Slow Dick Touching, Root Beer Barreling SwagVP
Davey ruled so hard and his feud with Eddie actually got me to buy a ROH iPPV once.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

DeathChicken posted:

And that reminds me of when Barry Windham's superplex was treated as this super awesome death move that no one had a prayer of even kicking out of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5EQa6HmKzg

coconono posted:

WWE saw the same thing, seeing as the week the Wolves spent in NXT, they named Richards Derek Billington, (Edwards John Cahill).

Davros1 fucked around with this message at 16:12 on Mar 4, 2018

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
what happened with that tryout anyway? All I read was that everybody in WWE was impressed with them.

bartok
May 10, 2006

Davey Richards is a total prick but every time I've seen him live at various indie shows he had the match of the night.

Basic Chunnel
Sep 21, 2010

Jesus! Jesus Christ! Say his name! Jesus! Jesus! Come down now!

MrBling posted:

what happened with that tryout anyway? All I read was that everybody in WWE was impressed with them.
It was before Joe had been hired and there was some question as to the extent of NXT’s commitment to hiring indie darlings. They came in and even had a TV match but it was understood that they were considered small.

By all accounts it was Davey who made the decision to go with TNA. But he would have almost certainly washed out of NXT

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo
https://twitter.com/TheSamiCallihan/status/970363485686247425

this ought to be good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if it isn't a gif of him doing the shawn michaels blowjob motion, I will be disappointed.