Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zaggitz
Jun 18, 2009

My urges are becoming...

UNCONTROLLABLE

Return to Dreamland is also supremely bland in terms of art direction and music, and the set piece segments are all the same "watch a big attack and then progress"

Triple Deluxe and Robobot build on that crummy foundation 1000000000000000fold and are the two best games in the entire series.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

For real, Robobot is a way meatier and more content filled game then Super Star. I like to think people who say Super Star is the best probably stopped playing at Super Star :v:

I'd put Triple Deluxe up there too but the Hypernova sections are a drag on replays due to the nature of the ability. I kinda tend to just skip those levels most of the time.

Super Star Ultra is the only way I can super enjoy SS these days. The panned out camera fixes a lot of issues the original had and the updated graphics and new modes are great. There's a lot of little subtle tweaks they did that make it feel like a straight up improvement and what remakes should honestly strive to be. It also gave us a remix of the best star stacker remix.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I never played Robobot :smith:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Ciaphas posted:

Should fix

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

Its amazing

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

No 3DS and my eyes can't stand portables anyway

A regret I'll just have to live with

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Ciaphas posted:

hosed up if true

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Ciaphas posted:

No 3DS and my eyes can't stand portables anyway

A regret I'll just have to live with

In light of your issues Have you heard of this cool crime called stealing? Kirby would understand he steals all the time and ive seen him be a pirate too

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

It's okay.

Insanely slow paced with mediocre enemy design. Combo abilities are a fun concept but a poo poo ton of them are boring/lame and only a handful are actually worth using more then the initial "haha that's funny" period.

Best original OST in the series though and the actual art design is stellar. It's a alright kirb.

That many enemies have little mini abilities if you hold them above your head is a big plus imo

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
kirby 64 isn't as tight as lots of other kirby games but the game's sheer scale and grasp on wringing out the kind of memorable visual flare most other n64 games could only be jealous of, along with the really charming cutscenes that know not to overstay their welcome and the whole final battle with 02 stringing it all together, makes me really really like it.

i probably have more fun playing other kirby games for all the cool stuff they open with how you can use powers and if i had to pick between any i'd maybe go with amazing mirror as my favorite, but kirby 64 is the only one that's really made me feel like i was going on a huge, awesome adventure with my pals to fight a freakish cosmic horror across the galaxy and i'm a big fan of that

The Colonel fucked around with this message at 17:24 on Mar 3, 2018

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I would just like to wish a happy birthday to the Nintendo Switch and offer my blood as sacrifice for a new Advance Wars

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Earlier today Valve's official spokesman confirmed that Valve is still making games:

-Patching Dota DOES count as game development. Relevant wikipedia article links will be released shortly.
-Small VR tech demos based on old Valve game titles ARE games. You can and should refund them which is the required legal definition.
-Do not forget the use of Valve intellectual properties for releases of third party games like Nier: Automata or Final Fantasy XV. While this content narrowly escapes the definition of "making games" it definitely proves Valve's active engagement with the gaming community.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Sakurazuka posted:

The longest I've ever played a game is like 80 hours in Oblivion, I just finish stuff and then move on.

This is mostly me. I don't like doing side content or getting achievements/trophies in games.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Looper posted:

That many enemies have little mini abilities if you hold them above your head is a big plus imo

I think it's a cool feature but a really under utilized one that almost nobody I've talked to actually knows about or (semi-understandably) doesn't really care for.

I'd call it more attention to detail than features really because outside speedrunning I don't think a lot of people care that holding a fish makes you swim a tiny bit faster- especially when you have to have given up a power to grab a enemy (unless I'm forgetting a command grab in which case woops it's been awhile)

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

I would just like to wish a happy birthday to the Nintendo Switch and offer my blood as sacrifice for a new Advance Wars

Finger on monkey's paw curls up, a mobile game advance wars gets announced where you manage your home base and build stuff in real time while trying to collect different COs to use with the rarer COs providing better powers and the COs being unlocked through a gatcha mechanic. You are able to play 5 battles a day before your military becomes exhausted and you must wait a day so that they can rest or use some special premium gold rations to reinvigorate your army so that they can be ready to fight another battle.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'll take it

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

FirstAidKite posted:

Finger on monkey's paw curls up, a mobile game advance wars gets announced where you manage your home base and build stuff in real time while trying to collect different COs to use with the rarer COs providing better powers and the COs being unlocked through a gatcha mechanic. You are able to play 5 battles a day before your military becomes exhausted and you must wait a day so that they can rest or use some special premium gold rations to reinvigorate your army so that they can be ready to fight another battle.

I'd still play it

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FirstAidKite posted:

that sounds good

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

I kinda wish into the breech was more generous with power cores. If i dont spend them do they carry over to the next timeline when i die?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Also the battles are automated and your only choice is what CO you send in

Gaffle
Aug 23, 2013

sWAg

Making throwaway accounts until one of my free pulls gets 5* ultimate golden god kanbei

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I'm guessing the monkey paw means it's Days of Ruin COs

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Help Im Alive posted:

The Days of Ruin COs are cool, motherfucker.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Help Im Alive posted:

Actually they're all just variations of Hetler

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

chumbler posted:

The Days of Ruin COs are cool, motherfucker.

I liked them/Days of Ruin too but I can only even remember the names of like three of them

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Palpek posted:

Earlier today Valve's official spokesman confirmed that Valve is still making games:

-Patching Dota DOES count as game development. Relevant wikipedia article links will be released shortly.
-Small VR tech demos based on old Valve game titles ARE games. You can and should refund them which is the required legal definition.
-Do not forget the use of Valve intellectual properties for releases of third party games like Nier: Automata or Final Fantasy XV. While this content narrowly escapes the definition of "making games" it definitely proves Valve's active engagement with the gaming community.

Excuse me, remember they're also making this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0qZTS38cjw

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Real hurthling! posted:

I kinda wish into the breech was more generous with power cores. If i dont spend them do they carry over to the next timeline when i die?

They don't.

Don't forget that when you're spending rep after completing an island, you can trade in weapons or pilots that you aren't using.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Excuse me, remember they're also making this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0qZTS38cjw
Haha I forgot about that. The crowd sounds like they can't decide if they should be excited or disappointed.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I have no idea why Valve thought that anybody would be excited for a yet another card game

especially dota players

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Rank the Kirby's Final Fantasy style.

Plebian Parasite
Oct 12, 2012

Spring Break My Heart posted:

Rank the Kirby's Final Fantasy style.

are we talking platformers only or do tilt n tumble/avalanche/dream course get thrown in?

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Plebian Parasite posted:

are we talking platformers only or do tilt n tumble/avalanche/dream course get thrown in?

Two separate categories. Air Ride is on top by default, much like Tactics

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

I went to a fair today and the airbrushing booth had a pretty good T-shirt of Sans saying "get dunked on!"

thank you for reading my story

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
drat, my 360 controller I used for my PC broke. Whats the new go to for PC controllers? PS4?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
My DS4 is a joy to use, but I bet you an xbone pad would work pretty well too. I hear they fixed the d-pad design issues, and of course Microsoft will natively support it. DS4 usually takes various third party software, and a fair amount of coaxing, to get to work properly.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
ds4's always worked for me without any issues using ds4windows, so if you do wanna go with that i don't think you'll really have any more trouble than with an xbox pad

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

I use an xbone pad on PC and have (almost) zero issues. The only time I've had problems are older koei tecmo ports where they don't update their xinput or whatever so the default bindings get messed up due to stuff like the bone triggers registering as input for two axes instead of the 360 triggers which were on one axis. Also the rumble triggers are kind of neat, but those are only used in first party Microsoft games, so basically just forza horizon.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kirby canvas curse is such a great ds game

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I remember two things from Days of Ruin;

-a disease that turned people into plants (what)
-a mission that took place on top of a plane (WHAT)

I mainly remember the latter because the intro dialogue has a generic soldier freaking out about the situation. "Oh my loving god how are they fighting us on top of our plane how the gently caress did they get TANKS ON OUR PLANE this shouldn't be possible". I remember that generic soldier more than any of the actual characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

I remember two things from Days of Ruin;

-a disease that turned people into plants (what)

Yeah it owns

quote:

-a mission that took place on top of a plane (WHAT)

Yeah it owns

• Locked thread