Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
It would not surprise me if DE doesn't actually have an explanation for Stalker that fits into the current lore. Either way I wouldn't expect to get to the see the explanation. Maybe some more Stalker appearances in future cinematic quests like the Shadow Stalker in the Second Dream.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
I still like the theory that The Sacrifice is centered around the stalker and umbra.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Ugggh why do I have tons of golden stances for dumb stuff like tonfas and knuckles and none for actually cool weapons like hammers and staves? I'm honestly making a whip just so I can use one of my stance drops!

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Sephyr posted:

Ugggh why do I have tons of golden stances for dumb stuff like tonfas and knuckles and none for actually cool weapons like hammers and staves? I'm honestly making a whip just so I can use one of my stance drops!

The colour of a stance has literally 0 impact on how good it is.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Nalesh posted:

The colour of a stance has literally 0 impact on how good it is.

Good to know. But I have zero stances for other weapons, of any color.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Sephyr posted:

Let me know which weapon types you need stances for and I’ll see if I have any spares to give.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Your best bet is to look up the stances for a weapon you want stances for on the wiki, it will also show if the stance is any good(try and find ones with multihits, damage multipliers, or finishers)

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011

Denzine posted:

For good or ill, there doesn't seem to be a coherent plan for Warframe's lore and the ideas behind it have changed several times, so there's a bunch of incongruities already. The only thing that's certain is that the next piece of the story will mostly align with what came before it. Probably. maybe.

This is almost a boon for them. They constantly forge new and interesting lore on their fairly blank slate. Obviously you can get to a point where this becomes intolerable bullshit but Kojima got three highly regarded awesome games out of this practice.

I love Warframe lore and wish there was a big beautiful dump of it but at the same time relish some of the "just put a lovely sheet over it and don't ask questions" mystery to it.

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

One of the best aspects of wf lore is that it all happened so long ago that no one who'd be willing to talk to you about it knows anything but vague stories. We don't need to know everything, and the mystery is probably better than anything DE could come up with.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
How does the quote go, again? "We demand rigidly-defined areas of doubt and uncertainty!"

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

Pooncha posted:

Let me know which weapon types you need stances for and I’ll see if I have any spares to give.

So far I really enjoy hammers due to how much they stagger enemies and the ghetto CC of ground-smashing knocking everyone on a big area off their feet. Staves are also great; I just made a Tipedo and even barely leveled it tears through crowds. I I don't even know if stances are all that great, but getting 5 extra mod slots is definitely juicy.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

wiegieman posted:

One of the best aspects of wf lore is that it all happened so long ago that no one who'd be willing to talk to you about it knows anything but vague stories. We don't need to know everything, and the mystery is probably better than anything DE could come up with.

This is on point and has been proven again and again. Anyone remember the old "what the gently caress actually ARE warframes?" thing? There was just enough lore and just enough doubt that you could basically come up with anything or settle on one of the awesome theories already out there. It was always space-:ghost: gently caress you all for arguing against that

DE decided we needed more exposition, annnd what do we get? loving space kids. Of all the directions they could've gone in, we got the most obnoxiously animu horseshit possible. I would be perfectly happy with :de: just releasing new poo poo and not bothering with the story aside from little codex blurbs that just add confusion to the unreliable-memory idea.

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

Pooncha posted:

Vor’s Prize indicates Warframes have a spine and a nervous system at least. So they might be humans but the technocyte that’s part of Warframe creation warped them into the Warframes, just as the various Infested mooks have some pretty uncanny valley appearances.

Since DE and Steve love Evangelion, one of the fan theories is that the Orokin used the corpses of the Void exposed parents as base for the warframes.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

wid posted:

Since DE and Steve love Evangelion, one of the fan theories is that the Orokin used the corpses of the Void exposed parents as base for the warframes.

They're pretty much remote controlled Evas already.

Pooncha
Feb 15, 2014

Making the impossible possumable

Sephyr posted:

So far I really enjoy hammers due to how much they stagger enemies and the ghetto CC of ground-smashing knocking everyone on a big area off their feet. Staves are also great; I just made a Tipedo and even barely leveled it tears through crowds. I I don't even know if stances are all that great, but getting 5 extra mod slots is definitely juicy.

The wiki explains it better, but to simplify, stances change how your melee attacks work and also introduces combos to your melee attacks. Depending on the keystrokes you press, you can make attacks that do extra damage, force guaranteed status procs, or execute lunges and such. The results can range from "neat" to "utterly devastating", and the extra mod capacity is icing on the murder cake.

Having a stance mod for your weapon never hurts, and some stances are better than others. Seems I'm short on spares but I can offer you a Clashing Forest stance for your Tipedo if you're interested. Let me know your ign and I'll try to hook you one when I see you around.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Nalesh posted:

I still like the theory that The Sacrifice is centered around the stalker and umbra.

Funny how they haven't really mentioned Sacrifice in a while.

Avynte
Jun 30, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Dreadwroth posted:

Funny how they haven't really mentioned Sacrifice in a while.

Last dev stream they mentioned quick that Umbra was still getting worked on but would definitely be coming...sometime. Whether we get Venus or it first is up for debate. I would really think they'd drop some kind of big content in a month or two and then some more after tennocon to ride us over until a winter release of stuff.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Qualified for the MR11 test. Now I just have to grind a Continuity drop so I can max Titania's flying power and basically bypass it, because gently caress that poo poo.

Terbulus
Apr 7, 2009

Do eidolons have enough armor to require cp
What primary loadout should i be using to kill the fecks

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

Pipski posted:

Qualified for the MR11 test. Now I just have to grind a Continuity drop so I can max Titania's flying power and basically bypass it, because gently caress that poo poo.

Yeah i've failed it twice myself now, after just about acing it in training :( the timing is pretty tight, ill have to practice it more

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Nalesh posted:

Your best bet is to look up the stances for a weapon you want stances for on the wiki, it will also show if the stance is any good(try and find ones with multihits, damage multipliers, or finishers)
I have no idea how good / effective shimmering blight is for polearms, but I equipped it, and am now in love with Guandao. We have a child together (the small blade at the other end of the haft). His name is Piotr.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Indecisive posted:

Yeah i've failed it twice myself now, after just about acing it in training :( the timing is pretty tight, ill have to practice it more

What issues are you running into with the MR 11 test? Almost any hitscan weapon should be able to take out any of the targets in one shot with mods, and that includes shotguns. Just grab an automatic rifle or shotgun with a larger magazine and shoot every target you see while moving through the course.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cfTd6L7RL2s

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
If I'd had known that Arcane Tempo would let me waste Boar Prime ammo even faster, I'd have bought 3 sets.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Terbulus posted:

Do eidolons have enough armor to require cp
What primary loadout should i be using to kill the fecks

They do not, it's mostly just straight untouchable damage resistance. It actually ends up being optimal to leave them with some amount of their armor (not sure which of 0-3 Corpro is best) so there's a larger additional multiplier for Radiation damage against them.

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Levantine posted:

I learned that Excalibur is the secret to the really annoying junction bosses too. I could NOT kill Ember last night with any of my frames. I was getting really frustrated so I gave Excal a shot again. Bullet Jump, Radial Blind and Exalted Blade from behind completely trivialized it.

No matter how many frames I pick up, Excalibur feels like Old Faithful.

I used Frost and just froze them in place with 1 and emptied my best primary into their face. Literally never had a fight in the whole star map.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I tend to back up and pop their heads with Vectis. No need for powers, they rarely get close enough to be a problem.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Bobby Deluxe posted:

I have no idea how good / effective shimmering blight is for polearms, but I equipped it, and am now in love with Guandao. We have a child together (the small blade at the other end of the haft). His name is Piotr.

Shimmering blight is real simple, it has multihits, and it can easily headshot/hit flying enemies, it's generally considered the best polearm stance.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
I got oneshot by the Saryn specter without even leaving the booth in a junction.

But Radial Blind + Fragor solves so many issues.

Invisible Ted
Aug 24, 2011

hhhehehe

Pipski posted:

I have a spare continuity I can give you, just let me know your IGN.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Shout-out to P1PSK1 on PS4 for gifting me a set of Mirage Prime blueprints. Just need to farm up some ingredients and I’ll start cooking that up.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Invisible Ted posted:

I have a spare continuity I can give you, just let me know your IGN.

It's P1PSK1, but I'm on PS4. (Thanks though!)

Eyespy posted:

Shout-out to P1PSK1 on PS4 for gifting me a set of Mirage Prime blueprints. Just need to farm up some ingredients and I’ll start cooking that up.

My pleasure, dude. Enjoy firing disco balls everywhere! It really doesn't get old.

e; oh yeah, came here to ask a question: can anyone confirm whether Nekros' desecrate ability plays nicely with the 'augur' mod effects (x% of energy used -> shields)? Because if I can run around desecrating with 80% of the energy used being pumped into my shields, that seems pretty rad.

Pipski fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Mar 3, 2018

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
Gah. Once today I had host migration turn into eternal loading screen, so quit to do dolon hunt, losing about 10 neural sensors (with booster).

Do a triple hunt, quite stressful, was kind of useless as volt against the taller ones, one guy runs out of revives, game crashes on exit, I don't get any rewards even though it tries to rejoin me to squad after.

Pretty grumpy now. :| I know it's not thaaat long a mission to do the hunting, and it's not thaaat hard. But still, leaves a bad taste.

Pipski
Apr 18, 2004

Tylana posted:

Gah. Once today I had host migration turn into eternal loading screen, so quit to do dolon hunt, losing about 10 neural sensors (with booster).

Do a triple hunt, quite stressful, was kind of useless as volt against the taller ones, one guy runs out of revives, game crashes on exit, I don't get any rewards even though it tries to rejoin me to squad after.

Pretty grumpy now. :| I know it's not thaaat long a mission to do the hunting, and it's not thaaat hard. But still, leaves a bad taste.

Seem to have been some odd network things going on today. I had a Defence mission on Ceres which turned weird after the first 5 waves when there was a host migration: all the enemies just stayed in their spawn areas after that, and waited there to be shot. Unfortunately, it only lasted about another four waves.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Tylana posted:

I got oneshot by the Saryn specter without even leaving the booth in a junction.

But Radial Blind + Fragor solves so many issues.

Nyx was my goto junction frame. Mind control the enemy, wail on them til it wears off, and they usually drop dead. I think I have to do it twice to the rhino specter.

turn off the TV posted:

What issues are you running into with the MR 11 test? Almost any hitscan weapon should be able to take out any of the targets in one shot with mods, and that includes shotguns. Just grab an automatic rifle or shotgun with a larger magazine and shoot every target you see while moving through the course.

Titania seems to cheese almost all of the MR tests with ease, tho I am only MR 15 at this point. I farmed her up to cheese MR 8, which is the only one she doesn't help with(no powers!)

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

RFC2324 posted:

Titania seems to cheese almost all of the MR tests with ease, tho I am only MR 15 at this point. I farmed her up to cheese MR 8, which is the only one she doesn't help with(no powers!)

Unfortunately she cannot cheese the most agonizing MR tests, which are the ones where you kill 5 waves of level 15 enemies two pairs at a time.

Berke Negri
Feb 15, 2012

Les Ricains tuent et moi je mue
Mao Mao
Les fous sont rois et moi je bois
Mao Mao
Les bombes tonnent et moi je sonne
Mao Mao
Les bebes fuient et moi je fuis
Mao Mao

mag is pretty good for junctions because bubbles make short work of all specters

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Pipski posted:

I had a Defence mission on Ceres which turned weird after the first 5 waves when there was a host migration: all the enemies just stayed in their spawn areas after that, and waited there to be shot.
I had this yesterday as well, seems to happen after a host migration if the host extracts. I quit since each round was taking ages.

CODChimera
Jan 29, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

MR 11 is the only one I struggled with and I have no idea why. I was failing it so much I actually did the training for it and that was no problem but put me in the actual test and it was a disaster. One time I just randomly slid off one of the starting platforms.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
I used Mirage and a shotgun. No need to aim.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

SMH if you don't just pin every specter to the windshield with a rakta cernos

Also it's been a minute, do pubs still use hydron for affinity farming and xini for relics? I see people talking about bere, is that the new hotness?