Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Tylana posted:

Gah. Once today I had host migration turn into eternal loading screen, so quit to do dolon hunt, losing about 10 neural sensors (with booster).

Do a triple hunt, quite stressful, was kind of useless as volt against the taller ones, one guy runs out of revives, game crashes on exit, I don't get any rewards even though it tries to rejoin me to squad after.

Just to clear it up, as volt, you do the same exact thing to all three. Voltshields up their rear end, usually angled upwards. The 2 scaffold pretty much requires that people be directly under the feet of the big ones, so that's generally where you want them placed.

Getting screwed out of rewards constantly sucks, though. Glad I wasn't around in the morning for all of that bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

M2tt
Dec 23, 2000
Forum Veteran

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

SMH if you don't just pin every specter to the windshield with a rakta cernos

Also it's been a minute, do pubs still use hydron for affinity farming and xini for relics? I see people talking about bere, is that the new hotness?

yeah those are still generally the spots, I prefer hieracon for relics just because it's more entertaining, I've fallen asleep more than once during a xini run... but if I recall the xini drop tables are a bit more favorable. Berehynia has been around for a while, but it requires a particular group make up and the idea is to make the interception last as long as possible to milk affinity from the spawns. Hydron is still the place to go if you just want to hop in and gain some mindless affinity.

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

SMH if you don't just pin every specter to the windshield with a rakta cernos

Also it's been a minute, do pubs still use hydron for affinity farming and xini for relics? I see people talking about bere, is that the new hotness?

Don't pub if you can help it. Hydron is the goon go to for focus/affinity. I think bere might be more xp but you have to care about group composition and what people do in mission. Hydron you just need 4x copro and one kill frame and you can pretty much afk level gear in 25 waves. For relics it depends on what kind you care about but hydron will give you quite a few in A rounds. Excavations usually cough up some and give cryotic too. Infested salvage are also pretty fast if you solo or duo since more people in group makes the counter go slower.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

CODChimera posted:

MR 11 is the only one I struggled with and I have no idea why. I was failing it so much I actually did the training for it and that was no problem but put me in the actual test and it was a disaster. One time I just randomly slid off one of the starting platforms.

MR 11 was actually pretty easy with an Ignis and a range mod. Barely have to aim at all and can focus on the movement. I practiced it a few times and nailed it with plenty of time to spare each one.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

is there anywhere that gives axi during a rounds? i have shitloads of neos, but need axi

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Best you're gonna get is B and C rounds on some missions: https://www.war.farm

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Nalesh posted:

Best you're gonna get is B and C rounds on some missions: https://www.war.farm

yeah, that and hydron are why i have so many neos

40 Proof Listerine
Jul 1, 2007

Baroness Kanan-Zelaya of the minor House of Carbon

RFC2324 posted:

is there anywhere that gives axi during a rounds? i have shitloads of neos, but need axi
The closest you're going to get is either running 5-part bounties on Cetus (~30% chance per phase) or Tier 3 Interceptions (e.g. Bere or Xini; 70% Neo on A, but 100% Axi on B/C)

If you want to browse the full datamine, DE released it at this link:
https://n8k6e2y6.ssl.hwcdn.net/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html#missionRewards

Edit: Cetus does have the advantage of no Neos and farming Ostron standing, so decide if that's worth your time.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

If you want another lesson in DE incompetency, this link is exactly the same as writing http://www.warframe.com/repos/hnfvc0o3jnfvc873njb03enrf56.html but because DE can't into basic loving computer, they somehow got ahold of an internal content delivery network url, rather than one that doesn't look shady as gently caress.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
My bigger issue is where to farm Mesos best. I found some recommendations online but does anyone here have a favorite spot?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
Got back into this a little bit, still early in. I have the Braton and Cronus now but what are some good early game secondary options? Still using the mk kunai.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Ritznit posted:

My bigger issue is where to farm Mesos best. I found some recommendations online but does anyone here have a favorite spot?

io on Jupiter. its A rotation reward

hazardousmouse
Dec 17, 2010

Tylana posted:

Gah. Once today I had host migration turn into eternal loading screen, so quit to do dolon hunt, losing about 10 neural sensors (with booster).

Do a triple hunt, quite stressful, was kind of useless as volt against the taller ones, one guy runs out of revives, game crashes on exit, I don't get any rewards even though it tries to rejoin me to squad after.

Pretty grumpy now. :| I know it's not thaaat long a mission to do the hunting, and it's not thaaat hard. But still, leaves a bad taste.

Are you for sure they didn't still drop to your inventory? I was doing a bounty and had the host drop after the final run. Booted me back to cetus with host transfer failure but I still retained that augur seeker drop from the last section(finally)! There's weird sorts of fuckery on when drops are actually saved and it seems like the exit tunnel isn't necessarily the only time.

Sarcastastic
Mar 9, 2013

It's a kind of magic.

RFC2324 posted:

io on Jupiter. its A rotation reward

Io is also great because there's a decent-ish amount of Oxium. Literally just sat in there for a day with Nekros getting Oxium, relics, and affinity or focus on the side.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

CODChimera posted:

MR 11 is the only one I struggled with and I have no idea why. I was failing it so much I actually did the training for it and that was no problem but put me in the actual test and it was a disaster. One time I just randomly slid off one of the starting platforms.

Same here. I hated MR11 just because the first second is spaced out just a little differently than how I jump.

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

Indecisive posted:

Yeah i've failed it twice myself now, after just about acing it in training :( the timing is pretty tight, ill have to practice it more

If you haven't beaten it yet, here's my experience today: Do not rush. The timing isn't tight at all. Don't aimglide, stick your landings and shoot while flat footed. Use a hitscan weapon (I used the Hek). Once you reach the elevator, hit every orb on your way up. Don't try to jump off the elevator, wait til its at the top and make the run. If you hit orbs as you run and never stop running, you'll reach the end with 25-30 seconds left on the clock.

I found all my mistakes in practice were because I was trying to rush it. Just slow down, take your time and don't do anything fancier than a double jump or vertical bullet jump. Once I just slowed down and watched my landings it clicked.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug

Raptor1033 posted:

Are you for sure they didn't still drop to your inventory? I was doing a bounty and had the host drop after the final run. Booted me back to cetus with host transfer failure but I still retained that augur seeker drop from the last section(finally)! There's weird sorts of fuckery on when drops are actually saved and it seems like the exit tunnel isn't necessarily the only time.

Didn't get the mod or the cores for sure. I thiink I already had some shards. The game isn't the worst for handling crashes.

Bounty rewards get dropped into your inventory separate to mission rewards though. (Weirdly mission rewards includes pickups and all that). Same with defence and interception afaik. If you over bid on how long you can last, you are out a bunch of affinity and mats, but keep your rotation bonuses.

Now if fissures could keep track of what you got so you didn't grab say, 3 cernos prime lower limbs in one run.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Levantine posted:

Don't aimglide, stick your landings and shoot while flat footed.

I actually aim glide almost every time I do any kind of precision platforming. Usually not for the sake of actually hitting anything, but because it reduces vertical movement and allows for more control by slowing you down. Movement gets a lot easier once you have the various combinations of jumps, mid air rolls, kicks and gliding down.

The same rule of thumb that I used in Tribes also applies to Warframe pretty well. If I'm using a weapon that deals damage on direct hits then I want to fire that weapon from the ground. If I'm using a weapon that deals splash damage then I want to be in the air. Very few weapons actually have any splash damage in Warframe, so it's usually for the best to wait until landing to shoot.

To list the parts of air movement:

You have two jumps, one from the ground and one in the air. Either one of these can be a bullet jump. Once in the air you have one roll. The roll will reorient your momentum in any horizontal direction, allowing you to basically turn on a dime once per jump. In the air you can kick with crouch. Kicking will extend your momentum but uses a limited pool of time that resets each jump. Kicking while landing negates hard landings, kicking while landing on enemies will knock them over. Each jump gives you a pool of aim glide, which slows vertical movement and makes horizontal movement easier. Landing on/latching onto a wall and then jumping off of it counts as an initial jump.

By mastering all of these techniques I am now able to reliably make it from the tube onto the walkway on that Grineer Shipyard tileset entrance almost half of the time.

turn off the TV fucked around with this message at 01:42 on Mar 4, 2018

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

LtSmash posted:

Don't pub if you can help it. Hydron is the goon go to for focus/affinity. I think bere might be more xp but you have to care about group composition and what people do in mission. Hydron you just need 4x copro and one kill frame and you can pretty much afk level gear in 25 waves. For relics it depends on what kind you care about but hydron will give you quite a few in A rounds. Excavations usually cough up some and give cryotic too. Infested salvage are also pretty fast if you solo or duo since more people in group makes the counter go slower.

Yeah I’m hanging out until my invite goes through. I managed to be away long enough to get purged, so I was going to just do some pub relic groups to get back in the swing of things while I wait.

Venom
Jun 29, 2002
I live for soccer & ER.

Levantine posted:

I found all my mistakes in practice were because I was trying to rush it. Just slow down, take your time and don't do anything fancier than a double jump or vertical bullet jump. Once I just slowed down and watched my landings it clicked.

1000 times this. I was failing the practice for this test non stop due to messing up the jumps at the start. Taking your time and getting them right is the key to passing this test, as once you get into the maze section it becomes a breeze to pass. If you just can't manage it, use Titania's 4th ability to fly through the zone and cheese it, which also works really well for the MR13 test :)

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Guess who got to the end of the chroma quest and then realised he only had 2 traps and 3 scans left?

👉:smith:👈

Levantine
Feb 14, 2005

GUNDAM!!!

turn off the TV posted:

I actually aim glide almost every time I do any kind of precision platforming. Usually not for the sake of actually hitting anything, but because it reduces vertical movement and allows for more control by slowing you down. Movement gets a lot easier once you have the various combinations of jumps, mid air rolls, kicks and gliding down.

The same rule of thumb that I used in Tribes also applies to Warframe pretty well. If I'm using a weapon that deals damage on direct hits then I want to fire that weapon from the ground. If I'm using a weapon that deals splash damage then I want to be in the air. Very few weapons actually have any splash damage in Warframe, so it's usually for the best to wait until landing to shoot.

To list the parts of air movement:

You have two jumps, one from the ground and one in the air. Either one of these can be a bullet jump. Once in the air you have one roll. The roll will reorient your momentum in any horizontal direction, allowing you to basically turn on a dime once per jump. In the air you can kick with crouch. Kicking will extend your momentum but uses a limited pool of time that resets each jump. Kicking while landing negates hard landings, kicking while landing on enemies will knock them over. Each jump gives you a pool of aim glide, which slows vertical movement and makes horizontal movement easier. Landing on/latching onto a wall and then jumping off of it counts as an initial jump.

By mastering all of these techniques I am now able to reliably make it from the tube onto the walkway on that Grineer Shipyard tileset entrance almost half of the time.

Yeah I find all that works really well in open maps but when I was fighting the timer on MR11 I never could be precise enough. It might be better in the long run to just learn how to be that precise but to pass the test I just found slow and steady to be the way to go. I had SO much time left over I have to imagine that was the intention. Either that or they just give you a huge buffer to account for floating off ledges which I did way too much before I figured it out.

Venom posted:

1000 times this. I was failing the practice for this test non stop due to messing up the jumps at the start. Taking your time and getting them right is the key to passing this test, as once you get into the maze section it becomes a breeze to pass. If you just can't manage it, use Titania's 4th ability to fly through the zone and cheese it, which also works really well for the MR13 test :)

I think I just need to build Titania :v:

Ass_Burgerer
Dec 3, 2010

Finally got all the nitro extracts for my nekros prime and that'll be done on Tuesday. Sure do like my minions.

I hear there's a cat lady frame that's going to be released eventually? Does anyone know when that will happen? Minons are kinda my thing in basically any game I get involved in.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Levantine posted:

Yeah I find all that works really well in open maps but when I was fighting the timer on MR11 I never could be precise enough. It might be better in the long run to just learn how to be that precise but to pass the test I just found slow and steady to be the way to go. I had SO much time left over I have to imagine that was the intention. Either that or they just give you a huge buffer to account for floating off ledges which I did way too much before I figured it out.

Taking things slowly and precision go hand in hand. Like I said, I use aim glide all the time and it's almost always just to make steering easier for me. I can finish the MR11 test with 50 seconds on the clock, but that's entirely because I take the time to slow down and shoot most of the targets on the way.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Ass_Burgerer posted:

Finally got all the nitro extracts for my nekros prime and that'll be done on Tuesday. Sure do like my minions.

I hear there's a cat lady frame that's going to be released eventually? Does anyone know when that will happen? Minons are kinda my thing in basically any game I get involved in.

We have no knowledge of catlady's release date. Plus, they like to alternate between male and female frames; given the last frame was Gara, we can assume there's gonna be a male frame inbetween.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
How do scan targets work?

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

Hellioning posted:

We have no knowledge of catlady's release date. Plus, they like to alternate between male and female frames; given the last frame was Gara, we can assume there's gonna be a male frame inbetween.

I think I heard something about them doing a double female one to balance out the double male from the Chinar frames.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

You equip synthesis scanners from simaris (these are yellow ones, distinct from the regular codex scanner). If you are in a mission that your scan target would normally spawn in, and not an interception or defense, you will get a message from simaris at the start of a mission telling you a sanctuary target is there. Somewhere in the mission, there will be an enemy with a blue outline named synthesis target. If you equip your synthesis scanner, you can see a small swirly stream of squares pattern than is pointing towards them to make it easier. The target will have 4 points on their body you can see when you look at them through the scanner, and once you scan all of those 4 points, they disappear, successful scan. You can buy trap consumable from simaris to hold them in place to make it easier, or you can rely on frame powers or status effects to make scanning them easier.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

Dark_Swordmaster posted:

In my experience, a mob of paparazzi tenno trap a creature and take pictures of its private parts all at once.

But really, Simaris gives you an option to do a test hunt when you talk to him. If you haven't done that yet, it's most of what needs understood. Otherwise you'll want to be more specific with what you want to know.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Guess who got to the end of the chroma quest and then realised he only had 2 traps and 3 scans left?

👉:smith:👈

I was almost in the same boat! Luckily I matched up with a pub on that level and we finished the job.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
Got a renewed interest in Warframe and am now ploughing through the early game content.

Is it worth doing the Kubrow quest? I haven't seen many of the beginner guides mention it except to say its optional and everything i've read about Kubrows seem sort of down on them.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

AnEdgelord posted:

Got a renewed interest in Warframe and am now ploughing through the early game content.

Is it worth doing the Kubrow quest? I haven't seen many of the beginner guides mention it except to say its optional and everything i've read about Kubrows seem sort of down on them.

kubrows are cool and good, but not for newbies. they are expensive to keep alive, and lack the ability to vacuum that sentinels do.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

pets are no longer expensive to keep alive but you have to build the nutrio incubator upgrade segment to make it cheap, and the segment itself isn't exactly all that cheap itself. the segment costs 100k credits, 1 argon, 1200 oxium, and 1 incubator power core (100k credits, 4500 nano spores, 2 control modules and 1 argon)

the benefits of this are reduced stasis recovery times, reduced decay of pets, faster egg incubation, and the most important bit is that dna stabilizers get reduced from 75k for a pack of 6 to 5k for a pack of 6

it pretty much makes upkeep almost free as long as you can front the initial investment for the part. pets are fun to play with but they're ultimately not all that feasible to afford for newer players.

Captainicus
Feb 22, 2013

There's still a little bit of upkeep (for dogs, at least) because they get unhappiness for each day you don't log in, and you can only refill 60% per day. You will end up with a slight damage penalty if you don't log in too often. Cats don't have any loyalty so you can leave them as long as you wish.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Johnny Joestar posted:

it pretty much makes upkeep almost free as long as you can front the initial investment for the part. pets are fun to play with but they're ultimately not all that feasible to afford for newer players.

And they still don't have vacuum.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

RFC2324 posted:

kubrows are cool and good, but not for newbies. they are expensive to keep alive, and lack the ability to vacuum that sentinels do.

Kubrows are now cheap as all hell to keep alive once you get the upgrade. Definitely recommend a space dog once someone can do that.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

At the very least, get a puppy that runs around your ship.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Sarsapariller posted:

And they still don't have vacuum.

after using pets for a while i realized how much i don't care about vacuum

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Johnny Joestar posted:

once you get to a certain level of spacewealth there's infinitely more value in rolling into battle with a badass cat in a wizard robe than there is in making sure you get every single piece of ferrite around you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Johnny Joestar posted:

Same. Though it'd still be nice to have a large universal vacuum.