Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

JBP posted:

I like when you pump up the shield bash on Kruber and you knock down 500 dickheads in a glorious anime power wave every time you use it.

I'm running with an orange sword/board on Kruber with +28% block/push angle so it just knocks them around like pins. It also has +2 stam so even on Huntsman, I have 6 shields. Additionally, the trait gives me +20% attack speed for 5 seconds on a critical.

I really like using that set-up on Foot Knight, but I hate relying on pubbies to murder bosses so :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

MonsterEnvy posted:

It appears these are all the stages of Act III. The final mission Warcamp is beating the Chaos Champion after you upset him, by freeing his slaves, blowing up his supplies, and stopping his big plan.

Cool. I'm looking forward to playing the campaign in order.

I dont know
Aug 9, 2003

That Guy here...

MonsterEnvy posted:

It appears these are all the stages of Act III. The final mission Warcamp is beating the Chaos Champion after you upset him, by freeing his slaves, blowing up his supplies, and stopping his big plan.

I think these are all Act 1. Olesya will discuss the previous mission and introduce the next one starting after you finishing the prologue. I assume the other two acts will also have final bosses, most likely ending with the Skaven Warlord.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Tokubetsu posted:

Any one played with ceremonial dagger on sienna? Any comments? How is it?

It's cool

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

I dont know posted:

I think these are all Act 1. Olesya will discuss the previous mission and introduce the next one starting after you finishing the prologue. I assume the other two acts will also have final bosses, most likely ending with the Skaven Warlord.

It's called act three in the mission browser, so.

TaurusTorus
Mar 27, 2010

Grab the bullshit by the horns

JBP posted:

Cool. I'm looking forward to playing the campaign in order.

Campaign spoilers: [spoiler]you kill rats[/spolier]

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008
lol I've been mashing out enough Recruit runs with bots that I've upgraded all my lovely gear to orange.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
I like the new system, it makes it really easy to always have orange items equipped and new ones changed to the traits you want.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Kruber is really good. I reckon halberd koobs will be the large target killed du jour for me.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

JBP posted:

Kruber is really good. I reckon halberd koobs will be the large target killed du jour for me.

Halberd Kruber is a monster, true that. I'm loving Irondrake Bardin with the fire pistols and sword/axe combo as well. He's so loving tough with the trait that regens hp when you take a hit on his gromril buff. I'm really tempted to try and git gud with a gruderaker build on the Ranger though. What's everyone's preferred melee weapon with grudgranger Bardin?

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

Gamerofthegame posted:

It's called act three in the mission browser, so.

Maybe act 1 is the tutorial and act 2 is the opening cutscene.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
killed a chaos spawn earlier after it picked up our bright wizard by pressing my grudgeraker to its stupid loving mouth and pulling the trigger

was very Aliens

e: also, a couple patches ago against the grain was act 1 and empire in flames was act 2. do not take that crap as canon.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
Act 1 - Skaven Scheming to Advance World Science
Act 2 - Heroic Leader Slain in Camp By Meddlers
Act 3 - Secret Skaven Science Project, the Skittergate, Destroyed by Jealous Man-things
Act 4 - All Skaven Die

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

More like Act 4, all skaven see the writing on the wall re not winning this one, turn on chaos and turn on each other before the victors head back underground to smash their leftover warp gear into glowy green cocaine.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

oof!! *laugh track*

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Stupid fluff question: would patching up a Slayer be considered a grievous insult? Or would refusing aid fall under "No, you can't just kill yourself."?

I want unique lines where Slayer Bardin is cussing out anyone who heals him.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Pants Donkey posted:

Stupid fluff question: would patching up a Slayer be considered a grievous insult? Or would refusing aid fall under "No, you can't just kill yourself."?

Yeah you can't just refuse aid. You actually have to try to win. You can't just be stupidly suicidal.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Pants Donkey posted:

Nah that would be fine. Presumably they've killed the thing or it won and they're still alive so they'd accept the opportunity to die even more gloriously or get revenge on the thing that won and didn't finish the job.

I mean they'd grumble like an rear end in a top hat about it of course.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
From the Prologue we probably see the four main bosses of the game as they are meeting with each other.

We have Grey Seer Rasknitt, A Skaven Warlord, Ribspreader the Chaos Champion, and a Chaos Sorcerer lord.

But yeah if you are interested in story stuff make sure to talk to Olyessa between missions.

MonsterEnvy fucked around with this message at 07:46 on Mar 4, 2018

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Tokubetsu posted:

better than the flaming sword because it does more damage and it swings faster

edit: in vermintide 2 i didn't try the one they added to vermintide 1

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Been leveling Basic Kruber up. I have a story from earlier today and I have another now. Someone got ultra mad when I didn't go pick up healing when I was fighting all the Chaos Warriors in the nurgle map. I joined the game with 1 bit of green HP and had full white instantly thanks to blunderbuss. We were right at the end and I never got hit and I did half the elf's score (150 to 300).

I was called bad for not picking up health when we were 10 steps away from the final drop down and we just finished a wave, and I also had a full white bar anyway.

The other story is something I put on Discord where I joined a game as Mercenary Kruber and was promptly asked "Why aren't you Huntsman what are you doing with your life" then they grumbled about how the rat ogre would have been dead in 5 seconds if I was that. I kited the ogre perfectly the whole health bar with my halberd. That whole round I proceeded to also take no damage and outperform them halfway through. I was pretty fukn proud about that.

Tiler Kiwi
Feb 26, 2011

MonsterEnvy posted:

From the Prologue we probably see the four main bosses of the game as they are meeting with each other.

We have Grey Seer Rasknitt, A Skaven Warlord, Ribspreader the Chaos Champion, and a Chaos Sorcerer lord.

But yeah if you are interested in story stuff make sure to talk to Olyessa between missions.

I read someone claiming the Chaos Sorcerer is actually just the fat arse Baron dude

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Tiler Kiwi posted:

I read someone claiming the Chaos Sorcerer is actually just the fat arse Baron dude

Got the names for the villains. They are Grey Seer Rasknitt, Chaos Champion Bödvarr Ribspreader, Chaos Sorcerer Halescourge, Skaven Warlord Skarrik Spinemanglr.

Halescourge may be the Baron.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost
Here's a dumbass question: Item power decides weapon damage, right? Like my various trinkets' power stats increase my damage? Also, the beta's showing me so far that this is gonna be a good rear end sequel.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Doc Walrus posted:

Here's a dumbass question: Item power decides weapon damage, right? Like my various trinkets' power stats increase my damage? Also, the beta's showing me so far that this is gonna be a good rear end sequel.

Correct all the power determines a score called Hero power that raises your damage among other things.

Doc Walrus
Jan 2, 2014

Cryin' Chris is a WASTE.
Nap Ghost

MonsterEnvy posted:

Correct all the power determines a score called Hero power that raises your damage among other things.

Alright cool, just wanted some confirmation. Also I guess I'll join the Discord for this, but I don't have a mic (and will probably never get one-- I hate voice chat). So I hope you guys like silent mystery teammates! Who mark enemies as Saltzpyre, at least!

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Doc Walrus posted:

Alright cool, just wanted some confirmation. Also I guess I'll join the Discord for this, but I don't have a mic (and will probably never get one-- I hate voice chat). So I hope you guys like silent mystery teammates! Who mark enemies as Saltzpyre, at least!

People only form groups by talking in the voice channels so good luck

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Mechafunkzilla posted:

People only form groups by talking in the voice channels so good luck

I don't do voice chat. Much more of a hindrance.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

by the way, remember there is a server browser and you get no XP penalty for joining halfway. i got sienna from 1 to 11 in about 3 hours of play last night by picking games to join, simply because even at the absolute worst case, you join after the keep faffing around where one person fiddles around with their gear forever and the pointless cinematic we've all already seen 18 times. in a good case, you join just as people are wiping and you get half-completion XP just for showing up. in the best case, you join when someone is doing well and most of the way through the mission.

a lot of people are not doing book runs right now, but again, it scarcely matters if you don't have your gear power up to snuff with the difficulty. even peasant boxes increase that number.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Coolguye posted:

the pointless cinematic we've all already seen 18 times.

Wait are you talking about the Intro. You do know you can just hold left click to skip it or disable it right. (Given how much knowledge you have of the game I would assume you do. But I can't think of anything else.)

TheLastRoboKy
May 2, 2009

Finishing the game with everyone else's continues

MonsterEnvy posted:

Wait are you talking about the Intro. You do know you can just hold left click to skip it or disable it right. (Given how much knowledge you have of the game I would assume you do. But I can't think of anything else.)

I believe he means the zoom in at the start of a level to where the players start.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

It'll be a while yet before we get a cutscene skip mod.

terrorist ambulance
Nov 5, 2009

Tokubetsu posted:

I'm having a blast with ceremonial dagger, beam staff, unchained sienna. People are saying BW is bad but I've got all the green circles under my name and taking 50% less damage is really, really, really good

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Hah, just when I was not feeling the Drakegun (not really its fault I guess, have to learn the timings and also get a better one), I get to level 10 and the Irondrake talent. poo poo's cool again.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats
What melee weapon is everyone using with Ironbreaker Bardin? I wanted to use hammer and shield, but after a run on the new map against the chaos lord where I spent 5 minutes doing no drat damage, I feel the need for a change.

Also, idiots on veteran level bitch at the total at the end even though I knocked 3/4 of the map on its rear end for them to kill.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Raged posted:

What melee weapon is everyone using with Ironbreaker Bardin? I wanted to use hammer and shield, but after a run on the new map against the chaos lord where I spent 5 minutes doing no drat damage, I feel the need for a change.

I lucked into a +stamina 2H hammer, and TBH I love it way better than any of the shields. Still has a meaty push, and Ironbreaker's defense boosts take the sting out of not having a shield.

TBF I'm still playing at recruit so far, I imagine this may not apply in veteran.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

TheLastRoboKy posted:

I believe he means the zoom in at the start of a level to where the players start.

I doubt that is going away anytime soon, that is practically lifted straight from left4dead.

CupNoodleKing
Feb 17, 2011

Raged posted:

Shield and Axe is good.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

TheLastRoboKy posted:

this

it might not seem like much but holy buckets does it feel like a life upgraded when you pop into a level and you're just already in the action at the mill in against the grain or at the city gates in empire in flames. i get that it's only like 2 minutes but they're 2 minutes' fun tax. that's fine if you're in to play with buddies or whatever but if you're mindlessly hurrdurring before bed (which is what i've been doing) it feels really good.

i'm not calling for it to go away per se because with buddies it does get fun (hit f2 twice and start doing silly things during the zoom) but i don't see a ton of value in it past those shenanigans.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
420 pressing f2 every day to skip that intro

• Locked thread