Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I've been scouring the castle for hours looking for the Hylian Shield- can someone give a vague hint?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

Chill Penguin posted:

I've been scouring the castle for hours looking for the Hylian Shield- can someone give a vague hint?

It's in the dungeon which you can actually access directly from outside the castle with a bit of gliding although there are multiple routes there. If you need help finding the dungeon there are plenty of guides.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Chill Penguin posted:

It's a reward for fighting a big skeleton

Kaysette
Jan 5, 2009

~*Boston makes me*~
~*feel good*~

:wrongcity:

Chill Penguin posted:

Anyone with an item that nice would probably have been thrown in jail :wink:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
Wow. See, I haven't even found that area of the castle yet!

BattyKiara
Mar 17, 2009
I admit it, I have not read all the close to 700 pages, so apologies if I ask something that has been asked too many times already. I am stuck. I can hear Kass playing his tune. And I think he might be on top of a really tall mushroom thing. But I can't climb to the top of it, even with enhanced stamina food. I fall off when I reach the bit where I have to climb lying on my back, if that makes any sense? How do I get up this mushroom thing?

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

BattyKiara posted:

I admit it, I have not read all the close to 700 pages, so apologies if I ask something that has been asked too many times already. I am stuck. I can hear Kass playing his tune. And I think he might be on top of a really tall mushroom thing. But I can't climb to the top of it, even with enhanced stamina food. I fall off when I reach the bit where I have to climb lying on my back, if that makes any sense? How do I get up this mushroom thing?

Rito's Gale and or a good amount of stam and climbing gear which let me climb past the point I thought it would make me fall. Not sure if that's unique to the climbing gear but it surprised me.

Just mark it on your map and come back to it later.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

BattyKiara posted:

I had to have the climbing gear and some stamina food.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

BattyKiara posted:

Have you tried gliding down from the nearby tower?

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Finally found something that doesn't work like you'd expect. Arrows don't catch on fire if you shoot them from a bow that's on fire. :(

Captain Kevbo
Oct 14, 2000
I'm trying to finish my first divine beast, the elephant. I'm stuck on the last control point, the one inside the small water wheel. I see that it's in there but I don't know how to activate it. I've banged my head against this for over an hour. Can someone please give me a hint? Thanks!

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Captain Kevbo posted:

I'm trying to finish my first divine beast, the elephant. I'm stuck on the last control point, the one inside the small water wheel. I see that it's in there but I don't know how to activate it. I've banged my head against this for over an hour. Can someone please give me a hint? Thanks!

Cryonis works on vertical water too.

Captain Kevbo
Oct 14, 2000

Bruceski posted:

Cryonis works on vertical water too.

Really? Huh. I guess I didn't really try everything (it never occurred to me to try that)! Thanks!

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

I’ve been chugging through my master mode run. I just finished off eventide and have 17 heart containers and three full stamina wheels. Still haven’t done the Gerudo divine beast because gently caress Yiga random attacks. That said, I think it might be worth it to finish it off and do the Champions Ballad stuff before finishing off all the shrines, etc. Anyone done champions ballad in master mode? Is it basically impossible? I got to the point of unlocking the shrines, but didn’t go any further in my normal mode run.

Falathrim
May 7, 2007

I could shoot someone if it would make you feel better.

housefly posted:

I’ve been chugging through my master mode run. I just finished off eventide and have 17 heart containers and three full stamina wheels. Still haven’t done the Gerudo divine beast because gently caress Yiga random attacks. That said, I think it might be worth it to finish it off and do the Champions Ballad stuff before finishing off all the shrines, etc. Anyone done champions ballad in master mode? Is it basically impossible? I got to the point of unlocking the shrines, but didn’t go any further in my normal mode run.

I'm terrible at combat, but all the same I've only done Champion's Ballad on Master Mode. I did do it at the end of the game, when I had max stamina and health. Someone better at combat than myself could certainly do it with fewer shrines.

If you plan ahead, eat the right food, and go into the battles with the right bonuses, everything is possible.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Wow, Revali is a dick.

frodnonnag
Aug 13, 2007

Fuzz posted:

Wow, Revali is a dick.

Revali is falco, so yes.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Fuzz posted:

Wow, Revali is a dick.

lol yes

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer
Yeah he's a total dick, but nothing makes me happier than hearing "Revali's gale is now ready".

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Found the Ganon armor. Bone attack up just means more damage from lovely bone weapons? What does Disguise mean, because this Moblin I bumped into gave no shits.

Sock The Great
Oct 1, 2006

It's Lonely At The Top. But It's Comforting To Look Down Upon Everyone At The Bottom
Grimey Drawer

Fuzz posted:

Found the Ganon armor. Bone attack up just means more damage from lovely bone weapons? What does Disguise mean, because this Moblin I bumped into gave no shits.

Pretty sure it means you won't get ambushed by skeletons at night.

Gruckles
Mar 11, 2013

Fuzz posted:

Disguise for skeletons. Bone attack up includes skeletons arms, and anything with bone in the name like "Dragonbone Boko Club"

maltesh
May 20, 2004

Uncle Ben: Still Dead.

Sock The Great posted:

Pretty sure it means you won't get ambushed by skeletons at night.

Man, I kind of miss the days when three Stalmoblins bursting suddenly from the road was a terrifying occurrence.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

ROJO posted:

I'll give you a non snarky response even though this is a perfectly google-able question - hang out northwest of death mountain by the eldin giant skeleton. He will appear in the sky there.

He's probably the most annoying dragon in my mind.
Go to the Tabantha bridge stable. Wait at the fire until morning. Walk to the bridge. He is now the second-easiest dragon to farm.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
My dragon mounting technique needs work
https://twitter.com/UnlikelyLobster/status/969764276725432320
Anyone mind telling me the dragon wrasslin' secret?

Improbable Lobster fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Mar 3, 2018

Lets Pickle
Jul 9, 2007

Sock The Great posted:

Yeah he's a total dick, but nothing makes me happier than hearing "Revali's gale is now ready".

I changed the language to german a while back for some reason so now he says "Revali's Storm ist bereit!" It's great.

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

You.........can’t mount dragons.

Just typing that made me super disappointed.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Is there a better way to get to the treasure chest hanging from the rope below Vah Naboris’s tail than making it swing with magnesis and cutting the rope with an arrow mid-swing so it lands on the platform? Because I’ve tried to do that like 3 times and I can’t get it.

And please don’t tell me to “just ignore it” because I don’t like leaving chests unopened. Okay? It’s a thing with me. I have to get every chest in a dungeon or my day just won’t go right.

END CHEMTRAILS NOW
Apr 16, 2005

Pillbug

Dr. Gitmo Moneyson posted:

Is there a better way to get to the treasure chest hanging from the rope below Vah Naboris’s tail than making it swing with magnesis and cutting the rope with an arrow mid-swing so it lands on the platform? Because I’ve tried to do that like 3 times and I can’t get it.

And please don’t tell me to “just ignore it” because I don’t like leaving chests unopened. Okay? It’s a thing with me. I have to get every chest in a dungeon or my day just won’t go right.
After it starts swinging, try using Stasis to make sure it's in the right position when you cut the rope.

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

use statis, cut rope, magnesis might work?

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

I bought BOTW one year ago today on Wii U. Still play it multiple times a night on Switch a year later.

What a game.

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

Jim Silly-Balls posted:

You.........can’t mount dragons.

Just typing that made me super disappointed.

DLC 3: Petting all dogs

DLC 4: Dragon riding

DLC 5: Bayonetta costume and weapons

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

I beat the last Divine Beast. :toot:

Now all I have to do is get every piece of armor, take about 220 photos for my Hyrule compendium, recover about 11 memories, and find and complete about 88 shrines before I go beat Calamity Ganon. Yay.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I beat the last Divine Beast. :toot:

Now all I have to do is get every piece of armor, take about 220 photos for my Hyrule compendium, recover about 11 memories, and find and complete about 88 shrines before I go beat Calamity Ganon. Yay.

You're not going to get all the Korok seeds?

You slacker.

Have fun doing it! If you do have the DLC, I highly suggest running the Champion's ballad and getting the kickass reward to make the rest of your adventure even more fun.

I. M. Gei
Jun 26, 2005

CHIEFS

BITCH

Where’s the person in Gerudo Town who fixes the Scimitar of the Seven and the Daybreaker when they break? I’m assuming one of these people exists since they do for the weapons you get in every other town.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

You're not going to get all the Korok seeds?

You slacker.

Oh yeah, I’m gonna do that too.

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Have fun doing it! If you do have the DLC, I highly suggest running the Champion's ballad and getting the kickass reward to make the rest of your adventure even more fun.

I’ll do that as soon as I finish everything else.

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
I've been walking around trying to explore parts I havent been to on the heros path and it's still pretty fun

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Where’s the person in Gerudo Town who fixes the Scimitar of the Seven and the Daybreaker when they break? I’m assuming one of these people exists since they do for the weapons you get in every other town.

Oh yeah, I’m gonna do that too.

It really is to your benefit to do the DLC now. It will be slightly redundant afterwards. And by slightly, I mean completely.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

It's best to get the DLC gear as early as possible, because unlike most clothes, you can't upgrade it, and you can get maximum use out of it.

Riju's bodyguard Buliara, found in the throne room. And, yes, every champion weapon has an NPC who'll repair it for a nominal fee, a similar common weapon, and a diamond.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

You really should do the DLC first. Don't do the Master Sword trials if you don't want to, that doesn't matter. But the Champion's Ballad, makes sense played along with the rest of the plot and the reward will seriously make getting everything else a lot more fun. Suffice to say it's a method of traveling that beats a horse, in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

can you believe that with 140+ hours i only just did the three hinox sibling shrine