Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Box of Bunnies
Apr 3, 2012

by Pragmatica
Young Cloud wanting senpai Zack to notice him is the Final Fantasy OTP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
My FF dream ship is two Malboros doin’ it in a swamp while Ultros watches.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I ship ragnarok x hilda garde

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Boko x Boko

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017

mandatory lesbian posted:

FF has plenty of men loving men, for instance, i ship Warrior and Black belt

Warrior one true ship is swordchucks

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

Wandering Eruyt Village. If only I could mod; I'd start on something to give the playboy bunny fetish women some better clothes so I could stop cringing every time I see them.

It's a pity, Fran is so badass if only she wasn't so ridiculously dressed to wank at.

It kinda reminds me of that character from Metal Gear V who has a disease that means she can't wear a shirt or she'll die.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 15:22 on Mar 4, 2018

Ventana
Mar 28, 2010

*Yosh intensifies*

Barudak posted:

You don't remember boob lady with a small tie? The one whose majority of in game dialog is reducing her to a joke as she calls out increasingly ridiculous color-coded threat levels before having her own boss kill her with the weakest magic spell in the game despite the act of killing her directly breaking one the central contrivances the plot hinges on?

To be fair, it looks like he's using Baptism of Destruction, which isn't the weakest spell in the game and is decently strong. But yeah lol it doesn't make much sense why Bart can kill a human on purpose

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Thought he just cast ruin for some reason.

Not that it matters since again if he can kill Jihl the entire plot doesnt work

Mega64
May 23, 2008

Let's be fair here, does Jihl even count as a person

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Barudak posted:

It's a little tenuous but well within belief to figure he can fight and kill humans that are a danger to Cocoon since he is the executive falcie. So like he can order a drone strike but can't just set the nukes off at home.

It's a but arbitrary as to why Jihl would have needed killing but there's difference enough between killing a few people for being bad at their job compared to dropping Cocoon into pulse.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Barudak posted:

That isn't entirely correct. It's the loophole thing. Bart's plan involves a gigantic mass human sacrifice which requires enough people dying at once to cause a huge issue. Bart being able to kill someone individually doesn't go against the fact he can't enact the mass human sacrifice on his own. You could argue that he could go around killing a bunch of people himself but that wouldn't necessarily be enough considering the entire plan revolves around "All the loving death at once."

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I'd play an open world game where you play as Barty committing genocide to all of Cocoon Skyrim-style.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

lobster22221 posted:

Warrior one true ship is swordchucks

8-bit theater is the FF4:TAY of webcomics.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

NikkolasKing posted:

The major FFVIII yaoi pairing is Squall/Seifer, obviously. Zell dies alone, craving hotdogs.

There isn't a lot of boy love in the FF series though now I think on it. And I guess FFXV is fine since we already had X-2. Fair is fair.

Still have no idea why a majority of JRPGs have only three playable female characters. Doesn't matter how big the cast is; whether it's big like FFVI or if the ladies are half of the cast like FFVIII, it's only three. There are exceptions like Chrono Cross or Neptunia or other games that are pushing a combination of fanservice/girl power but when somebody pointed this fact out to me it blew my mind.

IV: Rydia, Rosa, Porom
V: Lenna, Faris, Krile
VI: Celes, Terra, Relm
VII: Aerith, Tifa, Yuffie
VIII: Rinoa, Quistis, Selphie
IX: Garnet, Eiko, Freya
X: Yuna, Rikku, Lulu
X-2: Yuna, Rikku, Paine
XII: Ashe, Fran, Penelo
XIII: Lightning, Vanille, Fang
Chrono Trigger: Marle, Lucca and Ayla,
Xenogears: Elly, Emeralda and Maria
Xenoblade Chronicles: Sharla, Melia and Fiora
Xenosaga: KOS-MOS, Shion and MOMO
Persona 2 Innocent Sin: Maya, Lisa, Yukino
Persona 2 Eternal Punishment: Maya, Ulala, Ellie
Persona 3-5 count too unless you think Fuuka, Rise and Futaba are in the party in some sense.

It cause most of these games have 4-6 party members and the ones that don't only have like 2-4 male members that are actually important to the story (See FF VI, FF X, etc.)

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
All of the FF games listed have five or more party members and if you're only counting those important to the story, the ratio is even worse.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
Lightning stands alone

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

jaclynhyde posted:

All of the FF games listed have five or more party members and if you're only counting those important to the story, the ratio is even worse.

4-6 Includes 5, friend!

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Cloud canonically fucks a woman on some rocks and lets everyone watch. He has been sullied.

only if you have a high love score with tifa, otherwise they don't gently caress at all

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Cloud and Barrett are the real couple, I'll have you know.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

4-6 Includes 5, friend!

Yeah, but none of them are 4. (Unless some of the non-FF ones are, in which case my mistake!)

Point is claiming things with massive male parties don't count because the males aren't important is kind of silly. The point remIns that no matter how big the party is, there can never be more female characters.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

corn in the bible posted:

Cloud and Barrett are the real couple, I'll have you know.

:hai:

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

She sexy as hell. Boring. But she drat fine.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

esperterra posted:

She sexy as hell. Boring. But she drat fine.

Even her looks are exceptionally bland.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

4-6 Includes 5, friend!

5 has 5

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

kirbysuperstar posted:

Even her looks are exceptionally bland.

I'm a sucker for a sexy midriff and back ngl

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011

jaclynhyde posted:

Yeah, but none of them are 4. (Unless some of the non-FF ones are, in which case my mistake!)

Point is claiming things with massive male parties don't count because the males aren't important is kind of silly. The point remIns that no matter how big the party is, there can never be more female characters.

Can you say this again, but in english?

Mega64
May 23, 2008

The Rule of Three :females: is Absolute and Cannot Be Challenged.

ROFL Octopus
Jun 20, 2014

LET ME EXPLAIN

esperterra posted:

I'm a sucker for a sexy midriff and back ngl

Good tastes

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

Nasgate posted:

Can you say this again, but in english?

ZenMaster said most of these games had 4-6 party members. I said none of those games had only 4 party members (because 5 has 5). I also said I don't know the non-FF games in the list besides Chrono Trigger, so some of those could have only 4 party members.

ZenMaster said the games with larger casts had only 1-2 important male party members anyway. I said that doesn't explain why there are never more than 3 female party members, and also not all of the 3 female party members per game were important, so that point doesn't actually mean anything.

Shoenin
May 29, 2013

Everynight I wake up Screaming.
(and beating the dragon)
Oh oh I know of a JRPG thats all Female, and theres like 10 of em!

Sailor Moon:Another Story

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

I wish they would make another Sailor Moon RPG.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I wish they would make one that was good

E: Syrg signal activated

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Agreed tbh. Sailor Moon RPG was good but not because it was a quality game. It was good b/c it was ridiculous.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

jaclynhyde posted:

FF X-2 has only 3 party members so this is blatantly false

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

celes, terra, relm, umaro, shadow, locke. all women

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Technically the ultimate god of the final fantasy multiverse is a woman so that sort of makes all of Her creatures female on a spiritual level if you think about it

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
Replaying 8 now, I forget what you had to do to get the best grade on the test early on

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
KIll Ifrit with minimum time left. Don't talk to people unnecessarily. Don't flee battles outside of X-ATM092. Make it to the beach in 5 minutes or less. Rescue the dog.

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy

mandatory lesbian posted:

FF X-2 has only 3 party members so this is blatantly false

Not if you count all the captured monsters! Checkmate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

jaclynhyde posted:

Not if you count all the captured monsters! Checkmate.

they're all girls monsters in my mind