Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

It looks like both Lancelots and someone with purple hair

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

Dark Lans (Lanselot Tartaros) is the guy in the purple hair.

Balxephon and Volaq are the other two remaining dark nights who survived the whole ordeal

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine
Huh, does the part with catatonic Lans Hamilton looking out to sea only happen in the "Catiua is dead" ending?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Shiki Dan posted:

Huh, does the part with catatonic Lans Hamilton looking out to sea only happen in the "Catiua is dead" ending?

No.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Argh I didn't screenshot it and I thought I had

I'll try to grab it again tonight

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

Whoever's got the biggest whiskers does the talking.
Good job getting to the end.

Now for the REAL game :getin:

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

*turns on like 20 cheats*

in unrelated news - I was replaying the final fight, and it turns out if you have a certain number of downed allies, the boss casts a spell that stops you being able to res your allies which is... a thing I didn't know could happen

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 75 - The Wicce, Deneb

We did it boys and girls, we brought a succesful end to the war.

We sent Lodis packing, we recovered the holy blade Brynhildr, we saved our sister, and we saved the isles.

But there's a lot of stuff we haven't yet done.

Warren and Lanselot (the good one) are missing in action, The Palace of the Dead remains unplundered, the pirates graveyard's mysteries are not yet uncovered..

We have a lot left to do.

-----------//-----------

Bing Bong it's the loving news

"Having the backing of both Resistance leaders and the commons, Princess Versalia announced her intention to establish Heim as the provisional seat for her throne. Many of the Princess's closest allies are to aid in her rule.

She has also announced the Resistance is to be dissolved. With war at an end and the Dark Knights destroyed, the Resistance has already fulfilled its purpose.

Its soldiers will join the Queen's guard or be assigned other posts to ensure they are rewarded for the service they have given.

Heim Castle is bustling with the preparations for Versalia's coronation. "

-----------//-----------

"With the Heim conflict that erupted following the death of King Dorgalua at an end, King Tristan of the Kingdom of New Xenobia pledged to support Princess Versalia in restoring the isles to their former glory. It is rumored that his envoys have already been sent to Heim.

The Holy Lodissian Empire has made no comment thus far. With the collapse of the Bakram-Valerian Kingdom they had lent aid to through a secret treaty, they surely cannot remain silent for much longer.

Interestingly, it seems the destruction of the Dark Knights has yet to be announced in Lodis. "

-----------//-----------

"Though the war in Valeria is at an end, bands of armed militia still roam the lands. The Tigers of Burnham is one such group. Based in the Burnham Highlands, they have been implicated in a number of assassinations.

They recently claimed that Levi Pavel, leader of the Resistance, is using Princess Versalia to gain power for himself. They have stated their intention to capture Heim from the Resistance and restore rightful order under Versalia's rule.

Though they flight under the banner of justice for all Valerians, former Bakram and Galgastani soldiers are joining their ranks in droves, and doubts have been cast on their motives. "

-----------//-----------

The Bending of Time

"Many strange rumors have been circulating of late. People thought dead have been seen walking about, and the same person sighted in two places at once. Normally little stock would be put into such rumors, but there is much talk about these incidents among scholars and mages.

Some believe them the work of the Apocrypha, others attribute them to some arcane art brought from Lodis.

A common thread is found throughout these reports. The young her of the Resistance, Levi, is always mentioned by witnesses.

Levi is famed as a warrior and tactician, but few know of his penchant for collecting tarot cards. He is apparently particularly fond of the Wheel of Fortune card. It is not clear how this relates to the current rumors, but the Wheel of Fortune card has long been a symbol of regret and atonement in Valeria. It would not be beyond reason for Levi himself to be struggling with such feelings, having experienced war at such a young age.

What would one do if the power to bend time fell into our hands? One could repeat an exercise, knowing the best solution in advance. Or learn a lover plans to leave you before they speak a word. And who would not go back to save the lives of fallen comrades?

However, one thing must be kept in mind: A Different past is no guarantee of a happier future. Changing what has happened may in fact have no effect at all on the here and the now. "

-----------//-----------

"An enchanting winged songstress has arrived in Port Omish, a town of ruffians and rogues. People flock to hear her Angelic voice day upon day.

It is rare to see winged womenfolk in those parts, and she has become quite a spectacle. "

-----------//-----------

Sidequest: The Wicce, Deneb

Right, first thing's first

100% recruit cheat on

If you thought the quest to unlock the Apocrypha temples was a pain in the rear end, or, obtuse, you've not yet encountered Deneb.

Get used to seeing this map. Bring a Beast Tamer who can recruit dragons. Ocionne is a good choice because she doesn't need to skill grind.

And with the 100% recruit, and the fact that you can technically use Recruit on everything on the map (literally, you can target any tile, but for every square past adjacent to the character, the chance to recruit drops to 0%), it makes the recruitment really easy.

What do you need to recruit, oh, that's easy!

27 dragons and 3 loving hydras.

How do you know to recruit these in order to just UNLOCK part one of the quest?

who loving knows.

Get used to seeing this screen.

But it can't just be, "27 dragons and 3 Hydras", it's 3 of every Type of dragon.

Arc Dragons
Earth Dragons
Cloud Dragons
Dark Dragons
Thunder Dragons
Flame Dragons
Flood Dragons
Frost Dragons
Hydras

The good thing though is that each type of Dragon (excepting Hydras) has a class mark, so you could literally just recruit 27 and then class change them. It's what I did.

So once you've done that, you then need to auction them all off - doesn't necessarily need to be at Denebs store, but once you've auctioned them off you need to find her store.

Denebs store moves around - Good luck finding it.

Once you find it, you need to buy 5 of each Elemental Orb type (they're all named stuff like Void Orb..) - they're 5k in Goth per orb, so you'll need a couple of hundo thousand goth.

And this is where the mean part / tricky part comes in - these actions just unlock her base class. She has a unique class as well that requires you to sell her 30 Glass Pumpkins before you purchase the orbs, as the orb purchasing is what triggers the quest to actually start.

The Glass Pumpkins only drop in the Palace of the Dead, from familiars wearing pumpkins on their head.

Alternatively: just cheat them into your inventory.

How are you supposed to know that you need to sell them to her?

No loving idea. We talked about Deneb in the thread briefly when she was originally unlocked at the start of Chapter 4 and there was talk that Deneb comes from other games in the series, so the Glass Pumpkins are hinted at there due to ~her lore~, but for new people to the game not following a guide?

Good luck uncovering the precise chains of actions necessary to open up her questline.

-----------//-----------

: I was hoping you might -- no, but I wouldn't want to inconvenience you.

: You started this. Finish what you meant to say.

: No, No, No. I'm not in the habit of imposing on others.

: The one who spilt the brew should mop it up. Forget I said anything.

: Off with you now. Ta ta.

: No. Let's hear it. Perhaps I can help.

: I wouldn't ask that much. It's a nuisance, really.

: I shouldn't want to be obliged to you, dear.

: A young lady should never let herself feel obliged.

: You should... speak to yourself more quietly.

: Oh, my lips betray me!

: ...

: Say what you have to say.

How the hell are they mind reading

: And as a witch, I find myself dabbling in a great deal of magic. Always concocting something new.

: (thinking) Trouble, most like.

: There is that, yes. I needed someone to help me around the shop.

: And you thought to ask me?

: You have the war to deal with. I wouldn't think to trouble you with something so... trivial.

: ...

: Something I could manipulate with magic. A mindless golem.

: Clay golems are positively medieval, so I used a pumpkin instead.

: You made a golem... out of a pumpkin?

: Well, where is it? I don't see any pumpkin golem.

I actually skipped this one by mistake - the perils of turbo mode, and there's no script for the Deneb sidequest like the others, sorry :shobon: assume he thought something sarcastic

: You're sure? I wouldn't want to make me angry, if I were you.

: Back to the Pumpkin.

: They said I wasn't paying them enough, and they quit.

: Weren't paying them enough? But they're golems.

: I pride myself on attention to detail.

: I needed proper servants, so I made them as lifelike as possible. I gave them wills of their own.

: They tried to rob me, but I am an accomplished spellcaster.

: I taught them a lesson they wouldn't forget, and they fled screaming from my shop.

: Where are they?

: That's just the trouble. They were quite intent on being paid, you see...

: They're ransacking the village for coin.

: This is starting to sound like more than a nuisance.

: You see! I can't help but feel partly responsible.

: So, wait. All this was to ask me to help you exterminate some pumpkins?

: Yes, I suppose it was. I'd be ever so grateful.

: Are you going to tell me where they are?

: Their leader called herself Punkin. A Thick-rinded, particularly insolent creature. She said she wanted to become human.

: Why would she want to do that?

: Oh, I said something to the effect that only humans were paid for their labor.

: I don't believe this.

: Come again?

-----------//-----------

Off to Vasque. Remember Vasque? derelict town filled with zombie dragons, last time we were there.

After our sojourn through the hanging gardens, our Archers hit a milestone - level 25. Halfway to max level, and they get their next signature TP Move. Double shot.

It does exactly what you think it does - with one downside. If you're aiming outside of your range (with bows, for example) the second shot won't fire. How irritating.

We also craft a couple of Archer's earrings, just because.

Not captured well in screenshots is that these guys do not stop moving around. At all.

: Which one's Punkin? They all look the same.

: Punkin? Punkin! You can come out now. Mummy's not upset with you anymore.

: Hmm. Nothing.

: That's strange. I wonder where she's gone.

: They seem docile enough now. Maybe we can simply ask them to come back.

: It's worth a try.

~paraphrasing because again, I missed it

: Punkin! I have your allowance!

: She's Here!

: I told you, Punkin. Only people get paid to work.

: That's my position, and I'm sticking to it!

: (Thinking) She's nothing if not stubborn.

: This isnt funny, Punkin.

: If you mean to challenge me, you're in for a rude awakening.

: I don't know what sort of glamour this is, but you get rid of it this instant.

It's hard to convey in screenshots, but Punkin has every mannerism here that Deneb does, right down to the random flourishes and arm waves.

-----------//-----------

Enemy Composition

Punkin (Wicce)
Pumpkin Familiars x 10

These little guys are unique familiars, with specific Pumpkin abilities that I have literally never seen used.

I saw one of their abilities described ala Demi from Final Fantasy, a %HP based attack that does more damage based on how much HP you have at the time, but unable to actually kill you.

-----------//-----------

All of these little bastards have great names, for posterity;

Punkinmeyer
Punkinoff
Punkinmilian
Punkinovich
Punkinmunt
Punkinstopheles
Punkinka
Punkinzepan
Punkinryk
Punkinmila

Given her water specialty, Punkin herself does nothing but cast poison.

The mission itself is easy enough, there's two archer types you need to keep an eye on at the northwest of the map

Because given her lack of gear, Deneb is a prime target for these jerks, and you fail if Deneb dies.

They also all have at least Field Alch 2 so are surprisingly annoying to kill.

They also get a badass version of Rampart Aura called Jack-O'-Lantern that, well..

Sherri's finally at a level where she can start contributing. Still not doing her full damage, and takes damage too easily, but handy if she's close by to finish someone off.

Deneb chucks a low damage fireball at Punkin

Punkin whips Deneb in the face - the revolution has begun!

Hmm, Deneb is getting a little low.

Problem solved.

There's sadly no story banter or anything in this fight. Nothing to stop you from going for the throat at all, I just wanted the XP :v:

Giga Tempest is the skill level 6 spear finisher, it's a lightning elemental cross multi target finisher

Does decent damage too.

Many Pumpkins are now in the dirt where they belong

A surprisingly easy gatekeeper fight.

No one levelled up though.

-----------//-----------

: The Village isn't too badly damaged, really.

There's also the whole "no one living here because everyone was murdered and turned into zombies thing"

: Spare the rod, spoil the pumpkin, Levi.

: You said yourself that you needed someone to help out.

: If you leave Punkin to tend the shop, you could even... well, you could even come with us.

: What do you say, Punkin?

: How Rude!

What others, I murdered them all.

-----------//-----------

After all that, you get a Wicce

They're basically super Wizards / Enchantresses. They also get access to (unsurprisingly given the quest we just did) Golem recruitment, like Warlocks.

They get access to Apocrypha magic, Elemental Magic, Dark Magic & Draconic Magic as well as the unique "Magic Time" skill.

Magic Time is a TP skill that buffs the Wicce with "Spellstrike & Spellcraft" which improves spellchance to hit, and spell damage.

They also get a TP skill to charm an enemy unit (Witch's smile - no effect on female units) as well as one that Hobbles and Shackles an enemy unit (Stirring Kiss).

Next up: The Four Godly Weapons

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Someone had fun writing that quest. Shame its hidden behind so much arcane silliness.

Andyzero
May 22, 2009

I used to spoil, I'm sorry.
Golem Punkin was the shopkeeper back in Knight of Lodis.

The question never answered was just WHO she met in the Palace of the Dead who helped her create a body. There's certainly a lot of spirits killed by protagonists who would be interested in that kind of research.

My bet is Albeleo aka Rudlum.

Why does her new body look like Deneb? I'm betting that's how Deneb has been getting new bodies. She transmutes them from pumpkins. (It's easier to hang around with good guys if you're not possessing people.)

Those crystal pumpkins refine the process, which is why if you sell her enough she uses her full power as a Wicce instead of a common Witch.

Be sure to go talk to Warren after this for some dialogue.

Andyzero fucked around with this message at 21:28 on Feb 17, 2018

Shitenshi
Mar 12, 2013
There was a mission like this in the JP exclusive Saturn only version of the original Ogre Battle where you had to again act as Deneb's errand boy and cull a bunch of runaway pumpkins. I don't entirely know the specifics of it but it was something akin to this, a pumpkin with free will pissed off at it's creator.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Andyzero posted:

Yeah, he's at Golyat. Should trigger automatically as long as you are in the CODA. It's one of my top 10 favorite scenes in the game.

Also make Deneb has amazing quotes when you use her Magic time skills.

And lastly, in your inventory that you didn't realize you have a ton of Dragon steaks in your inventory.

When you auction a monster, you get a consumable item that you use in battle. It gives you 50 TP but more importantly it gives you a small but permanent increase in certain base stats depending on the monster..

If you completely don't care about monsters in your army, you can really abuse this for gold and stats.

And FYI, if you recruit and sell Golems you get a good bit of ores and crafting materials.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Andyzero posted:

Golem Punkin was the shopkeeper back in Knight of Lodis.

The question never answered was just WHO she met in the Palace of the Dead who helped her create a body. There's certainly a lot of spirits killed by protagonists who would be interested in that kind of research.

My bet is Albeleo aka Rudlum.

Why does her new body look like Deneb? I'm betting that's how Deneb has been getting new bodies. She transmutes them from pumpkins. (It's easier to hang around with good guys if you're not possessing people.)

Those crystal pumpkins refine the process, which is why if you sell her enough she uses her full power as a Wicce instead of a common Witch.

I knew there was more to Rudlam than he was letting on, I just have no idea who he is.

As for Warren, I've not yet started on the Coda so won't be getting the dialogue yet - but I will make a point to.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

tithin posted:

I knew there was more to Rudlam than he was letting on, I just have no idea who he is.

As for Warren, I've not yet started on the Coda so won't be getting the dialogue yet - but I will make a point to.

Albeleo aka Rudlam was a minor villain from the original Ogre Battle. He's one of the apprentices of the Magician Rashidi who was pretty much behind ALL of the problems in that game. You killed him, but evidently he survived and he reimagined himself as Rudlam and went to gently caress off in Valeria for reasons unknown.

He was also the boss of the super secret hidden level in Ogre Battle that required a cheat to see/fight.

Rashidi had 3 apprentices, one of them (named Saradin) sided with the forces of good and got turned into a statue by Albeleo for his trouble which the main character then fixes. You could imagine that Saradin has some choice words for Albeleo if you take him to the boss fight. Saradin was also a joinable character in the n64 ogre battle.

mauman fucked around with this message at 00:45 on Feb 18, 2018

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Okay, Punkin's reveal was pretty great, I have to give it that. For as much of a hassle as this is at least it's good for a laugh.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

An updated and polished collection of all these games in one package would be pretty cool.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Yo, just wanted to let people know i've not forgotten the LP, I am still playing, but as you may have gathered, this is the slowest part of the LP.

As much as I wanted to clear the San Brosa ruins to start on the CODA preemptively (4 god weapons) I'm not ready yet as the enemy mobs there start at 40, so I've started on POTD instead.

I had planned on doing the Palace of the dead in a couple of chunks (chunks of 25 floors per update) but of the... 3? story events? from POTD that I remember, only one of them has triggered.

So uh, the next update might be ~a week away with the free time I've got right now.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

tithin posted:

Yo, just wanted to let people know i've not forgotten the LP, I am still playing, but as you may have gathered, this is the slowest part of the LP.

As much as I wanted to clear the San Brosa ruins to start on the CODA preemptively (4 god weapons) I'm not ready yet as the enemy mobs there start at 40, so I've started on POTD instead.

I had planned on doing the Palace of the dead in a couple of chunks (chunks of 25 floors per update) but of the... 3? story events? from POTD that I remember, only one of them has triggered.

So uh, the next update might be ~a week away with the free time I've got right now.

Yeah, so lets talk about this so you don't waste your time with pointless runs. We don't wanna see you burn out.

Palace of the Dead:

If you plan on doing POTD for the drops alone, then go ahead and grind through it. If you want the story missions there's an easy way to tell if you are wasting your time.

Floor 1: Story battle
Floor 3: Story battle to open up the area with a special door
Floor 5: Story battle with Nybeth

If those three things don't happen, then you are not flagged for the POTD side quest and completing all the floors will literally do nothing for you. Other than sweet, sweet, loot. :black101:

There are additional story battles on floors ehhh 33ish? and 75ish as well as 100ish?

There will be generic big bads on Floor 100 of the POTD without being flagged for the side quest.

Ways to ensure you cannot complete the POTD side quest

1) Complete the game before completing the POTD side quest in chapter 4
2) Doing the POTD in the CODA without previously completing it
3) Carelessly WORLDing around without paying attention to the events you trigger by jumping around to recruit characters (done this waaay too many times); You can go back and do certain parts of a chapter without messing things up. But the second you pass an "Anchor Point" in the story, all the flags that relate to the post game get rewritten.
4) This means unless you are the most careful of dudes/dudettes, you will likely do the POTD three times all the way through at minimum to fully complete the CODA. Learn to setup AI battles and let the game play for you on maps without pits.

Additional Important Info
1) The second you complete the game, for the rest of that campaign enemies will be scaled to level of the highest level unit you field. Meaning if Levi is a LVL32 Knight, and he is the highest character you field, all the enemies will be level 32. If you field Levi as a LVL 15 Ninja and throw a LVL 42 Cyclops in your party thinking your are gonna wreck dudes with an overlevelled character, NOPE. All enemies will be level 32.

2) The second you complete the POTD to floor 100, story or not, all enemies will be scaled to one level higher than you. So LVL 32 Levi will be fighting level 33 enemies for the rest of the game. This is a permanent flag and will apply to all battles for the rest of the game.

3) The second you complete the San Bronsa ruins all (30ish floors), all enemies will be scaled to TWO levels higher than you. For this reason, it's recommended that you only complete up to the floor needed for the wind god weapon needed to complete CODA 2, before fully completing this dungeon.

4) Doing the post game dungeons at high level 20s/low level 30s is desireable even though it may be tough because the enemies that are overlevelled are the enemies that are holding the good loot that you want. It makes it a little easier to keep track of which enemies you need to spawn, and then kill for drops than instead of looking for the Chaotic Dagon (special octopus) at square 3,13 on a map that spawns 3 different dagons. Save these guys for the next to last enemy alive on the map and then CHARIOT the gently caress out of it to get the drops you want.

Hopefully this all makes sense. You really may want to go out of order and do the Pirates graveyard and show off CODA 1 to get a few levels, crafting equipment, craft books, and CHARIOT (or cheat) for some better equipment. Once you hit level 33, unless you are mid POTD, drop everything you're doing to go whichever shrine drops Codex of Jewelry III, so that you can craft elemental chokers and then watch your dudes instantly turn into death machines with the extra damage from elemental weapons.

It's all a slog, but I want people to see it in a LP, so let me know if there's anything I can do to help you out.

Edit: Also, for the POTD take Donnalto the ninja, craft the light augment katanas, throw augment light on him, and craft a saint king choker for him. Then laugh as he straight murders half the undead enemies by himself. The effect is better with Hobyrim ninja, but you know meh.

waah fucked around with this message at 15:13 on Feb 22, 2018

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

This is an excellent post, thank you.

So yeah, of those three story battles, only the one about opening the door triggered.

I've just been grinding through it, pinging on various points of loot like I did with the temple dungeons.

Guess I need to figure out how to trigger the POTD sidequest, or maybe just start on the CODA as you suggest.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

tithin posted:

Guess I need to figure out how to trigger the POTD sidequest, or maybe just start on the CODA as you suggest.

Thanks.

You're not gonna like the answer to this though.

The only way to get the POTD side quest to retrigger at this point is to restart chapter 4. Keep in mind that will over write your progress. (You'll still be able to WORLD to the CODA though, but I think you'll be locked out of the Elemental Temples)

IIRC, you need to get it to trigger properly, you need to:

1) Open the warren report and see the news that talks about the Palace of the Dead
2) Go and complete the POTD before you complete the battle at Heim, I believe. Most Ch 4 sidequests you are good to go as long as you complete them before Catuia gets rescued.

The reason why I say go mess around the CODA and recruit your dudes, is because when you complete the POTD with the side quests, you get a book from the big bad called Secrets of the Master. With it, you can craft palace guides which allow you to skip 25 floors at a time of the POTD which makes it a lot more tolerable.

HOWEVER, this is not an exclusive thing. If you world back to a spot before you complete the POTD, this progress can be overwritten, and because the Palace Guides are tied to the flag that says you've completed the POTD side quest, they will not allow you to skip floors even if you have them in your inventory if you overwrite your progress wrong. Yes that means you're gonna have to redo all the floors manually again.

You can create the special POTD class, and create a skeleton, that will become an angel knight without having the story battle for the specific floors they are on. So that's still cool.

And Dragon Scales become standard drops from higher level enemies, so don't waste your time trying to get those to drop.

If you have more questions on this part of the game, ask them. My recommendation though is to either putz around and do CODA 1 so you can recruit a cool character at the end of that quest line, or go mess around with the Pirates Graveyard and Phorompa Wildwood for crafting books/items, or go knock out the neutral storyline.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

waah posted:

If you have more questions on this part of the game, ask them. My recommendation though is to either putz around and do CODA 1 so you can recruit a cool character at the end of that quest line, or go mess around with the Pirates Graveyard and Phorompa Wildwood for crafting books/items, or go knock out the neutral storyline.

This. The first coda is pretty quick, though you'll miss some unique dialogue since you're missing a certain pirate. Nothing major, just an "oh, it's an X creature (which is from the sea)", a reply from Levi "You know what this is?", and a reply from the pirate that boils down to "yup".

The character you get from said coda is pretty neat too. Then I'd go back to the to the last coda point before the endgame in chapter 4, follow Waah's instructions, and then re-finish the game (it's quicker on replays as there's an in-dungeon shortcut after the first time) to get it recorded.

This way you only need to do PoTD twice....or three times if you want the fireseal. :suicide:

Also, stock up on 99 scrolls of exorcise and, if you can afford it, exorcise 2. It just makes things go quicker.

EDIT - As an interesting side note about Coda, you can't even begin it if you pick Neutral as your playthrough as you're missing a key character to even start it. This only matters if you played Neutral first. If you have the character from a Law or Chaos game then you're ok since Coda plays fast and loose with space/time. It's been mentioned that Neutral is a poo poo route and this is one of the primary reasons why. There are others (many, many others), but this is the big golden stinky poo.

To finish all of the Codas (proper finish, not the generic finish) you must play Law as you'll be missing one of the characters to get the special finish of the last Coda. So Law is the only route that can go start to finish in one go.

One more point to Law being the best play through :downs:

mauman fucked around with this message at 00:22 on Feb 23, 2018

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Yeah I went in with 95~ scrolls of Exorcise1 and I'm down to 72, by floor 10.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

waah posted:

And Dragon Scales become standard drops from higher level enemies, so don't waste your time trying to get those to drop.

argh

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

tithin posted:

Yeah I went in with 95~ scrolls of Exorcise1 and I'm down to 72, by floor 10.

You're in World now. You can get infinite cash by simply zapping back right before you get the princess marks. So if you need cash to get 99 exorcise 2 scrolls you can do this. Though in my case it wasn't necessary since I had more money than I knew what to do with from grinding glass pumpkins. So many Baldur armor drops.

Or simply cheat it if you don't want to bother with an exploit.

regardless, having 99 exorcise 2 scolls will go a long way of making your life easier.

edit - you probably want to unlock Lord at some point.

mauman fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Feb 23, 2018

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

Shops are on levels 23 ish and 68ish IIRC. So you can buy more exorcism scrolls.

Princess has access to holy water which uses TP to exorcise an undead unit. It's pretty useful.

Edit: Do you have the loot spreadsheets for the post game dungeons?

Also to help you out the most important items from the 1st 50 or so floors are in order of importance (in my opinion)

1) Ring of the dead
Needed to make a really strong class

2) Book of the dead
Needed to do a really long chain of events to make a class that's really strong if you have done very long term planning

3) Malitza's staff
One of the best staffs in the game due to a mix of relatively low level to equip, high boost to magic stats, and the fact that if you use it as an item, it gives 100 MP, up to 3x per battle.

4) Sidhe ring/sidhe boots/winged ring
Use them in battle to to gain blinkwalk for sidhe items, and temporary flight for the winged ring. Having a good number of these makes some maps trivial and will make you not hate your life when you do San Bronsa.

5) Parts of Jiglya's set (bracers, dark coat)
If they weren't unique they'd be higher. You can make a broken character with the whole set. Ranger Vice with 2h bow and Jiglya is stupid.

6) The elemental coats (light coat being one of the better ones)
Ninjas can wear these. Rogues can wear these. Matriarchs and Patriarchs can wear these to great effect. If you don't use these classes then these are hit and miss.

7) Crafting books
You can make a pretty good light crossbow.

8) Anything else is nice but won't really be worth the time you spend trying to get it to drop.

After floor 50 is when you start getting the really good stuff.

waah fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Feb 23, 2018

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

If you're wondering where you can find loot spreadsheets you can find links for them in the Gamefaqs (yeah, yeah, I know) forums. They have a sticky for it.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I actually have a couple of those already but I'm definitely underlevelled to equip most of those items. I've got all of the "notable" loots from the first 10/11 floors.

I'll smash out the next 10/15 floors, then go do CODA.

Honestly at this point y'all would be better running the LP than me :v:

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
As someone watching this discussion Its amazing how post story, the game goes from a slightly branching story with a few easy to miss characters, to obscenely long dungeons and extremely obscure requirements to access maps, items, and characters.

Despite that, it is making me want to replay the game to try the postgame out.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

tithin posted:

I actually have a couple of those already but I'm definitely underlevelled to equip most of those items. I've got all of the "notable" loots from the first 10/11 floors.

I'll smash out the next 10/15 floors, then go do CODA.

Honestly at this point y'all would be better running the LP than me :v:

I don't have the free time to screen shot and format the posts, which is why I live vicariously through you. If I can ever figure out how to get the content manager for Vita to work again, I'll send you my save file so you can avoid some Oh god lets not talk about how many hours "some" is of the grind.

Mainly I just enjoy having somewhere to talk about LUCT since GameFaqs went ultra drama mode a few years ago.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

waah posted:

I don't have the free time to screen shot and format the posts, which is why I live vicariously through you. If I can ever figure out how to get the content manager for Vita to work again, I'll send you my save file so you can avoid some Oh god lets not talk about how many hours "some" is of the grind.

Mainly I just enjoy having somewhere to talk about LUCT since GameFaqs went ultra drama mode a few years ago.

This should be entertaining, what happened?

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

tithin posted:

This should be entertaining, what happened?

You got a PM with a gift that hopefully works for you.

As far as the drama, it was just stupidity. Someone bitched about not giving credit, and it became a slapfight and if you tried to help a certain guy someone else accused you of being their sock puppet and it got toxic fast. It was a shame because the people there had some good talks and really put together a LOT of good info that I still use to this day in my stupid Don Quixote quest to get all titles in this game.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Episode 76 - Working out how to do the endgame is loving Arcane

If you've been following the thread, that I've been struggling to make headway into the POSTgame should be no major surprise.

In short; I hosed up

Between consistently map resetting to obtain the right enemy layouts for maps, to then having to kill and rekill those enemies to force the appropriate loot to spawn, only to realise that - for whatever reason, in spite of definitely having clicked the sidequest that opens the POTD, I am not actually attuned to the POTD. Sure, I can go there, but any story that's *in* there, isn't actually playing.

This has functionally resulted in a several week delay (which isn't like me! ((anymore)) (((shut the gently caress up birdstrike)))) while I've been playing through the first 25 floors of the POTD wondering, where the gently caress is the story?? only to realise, hey, I'm not supposed to be here yet.

To say that the postgame and the requirements thereof is Arcane, is to understate matters immensely.

There are a number of sidequests in the postgame, the most prominent being the CODA, which serves as the epilogue to the game - which is all I'll really be saying about it for now because it's a genuinely lovely epilogue.

It was released as a genuine DLC that you had to pay for in the japanese version, but was baked into the international release.

There are four "episodes" to the CODA, each of which covers different events that leads up the finale and each episode in turn, focusses on a different end game Dungeon.

Episode 1 covers The Pirates Graveyard.

Episode 2 covers POTD - all 115 floors. It is also the road block.

Episodes 3 and 4 respectively... well, big spoilers

-----------//-----------

As a result of my gently caress up, this might come across as a bit of an odd duck of an update, because it's mainly going to focus on documenting locations of loot in the first 25 floors of the POTD, similar to how the Elemental Temples were handled.

The original plan was to document the whole, descending into the depths thing and fighting final boss 1.0 at the end of it through all the story but well, old mate didn't show up.

On our way there we roll random battles on 90% of our stops.

By default, POTD is limited to only the first three floors.

Floors 1 is generic as hell.

The faeries and goblins have a chance to drop glass pumpkins.

-----------//-----------

Floor 2

Floor 2 is supposed to be a "rescue the warlock" mission, where the warlock is secretly a body hopping villain from an earlier game. This is never expanded upon that I'm aware of.

But, as mentioned, it didn't trigger.

Old mate usually spawns around here.

This Z. Thunder Dragon drops a "Sparkguard ring"

It's a ring that grants you... Lavawalk.

:what:

-----------//-----------

Floor 3

Floor 3 actually does have a bit of story to it, and is the end of the road unless you find the secret exit.

: I've had more than enough of these dreary halls already.

: I might ask the same of you!

: ...You came here alone?

: ...Why Stone?

: Then... Who are you?

Unlikely

Kind of a shame, freckles girl was cute :smith:

-----------//-----------

On paper an assassination mission, but hold it in your pants until you find the exit.

Which is a lot closer than you would think it is. Bring Canopus.

Floor 3 has no loot. When you find the exit, nuke the boss and get out.

Unfortunately POTD gives gently caress and all in the way of both XP and SP, so there's no point in grinding out every foe unless absolutely required to.

This is pretty much the most XP you're going to see - after this you'll be lucky to see 30 per person per fight.

-----------//-----------

Index - 1st 25 Floors

Now that we're past the first three floors, here's the Index for the first part of the Dungeon.

You can see that there's a few dead ends, but even with the dead ends they're usually worth doing for loot.

-----------//-----------

Floor 4

Only room for 3 people here, must be a small fight.

A very tall map with spiralling staircases leading down.

See this rear end in a top hat? (Bird Archer, Elevation 20)

Murder him for his greased boots.

Want to walk on water? Apparently Grease is all you need.

-----------//-----------

Floor 5

This is supposed to be where you run into End Boss 1.0, but, see every paragraph leading up to this.

The only loot of note is on this Z. Dark Dragon - who drops the set item Ji'ygla's Darkcoat.

This is well worth the effort of grabbing. There's a whole set of these items throughout the dungeon.

Ji'ygla's Darkcoat

A Brigandine crafted from the bones of the evil Spirit Ji'ygla. Enhances Dark Abilities and Light resistance.

code:
    Lv.28 - Unique
    Weight 6
    Extra: Augment Darkness +1
    Special: Shadow Guard
    DEF 45, STR +2, DEX +8, HP +5, AGIL +3, RES +2
    Resistances
        Weapon type - Piercing 3, Slashing 5, Crushing 6
        Elemental - Dark 30% 
    Equipped by - Archer, Swordmaster, Ninja, Rogue, Fusilier, Beast Tamer, Ranger, Princess, Vartan, Songstress, Buccaneer, Patriarch, Familiar 
A lot of the gear we're collecting now is going to be slightly above our level, but it's good to have on hand.

-----------//-----------

Floor 6 - Right hand split

Aganista's Lightcoat drops off this rear end in a top hat (Hydra, Chaos, Elevation 9)

It's thematically similar to the Darkcoat, but it is not Unique / part of a set. There is a whole complement of elemental themed chestpieces in here of which the only set / unique is the Darkplate.

Why is this? no idea.

Aganista Lightcoat

A Brigandine passed on to the hero Lexar by the Aganista, spirits of light. Enhances Light abilities and Dark Resistance.

code:

Lv.28
    Weight 6
    Extra: Augment Light +1
    Special: Lightguard
    DEF 45, STR +2, DEX +8, HP +5, AGIL +3, RES +2
    Resistances
        Weapon type - Slashing 3, Crushing 5, Piercing 6
        Racial - Faerie, Golem & Divine 5%, Umbra & Phantom 10%
        Elemental - Light 30 % 
    Equipped by - Archer, Swordmaster, Ninja, Rogue, Fusilier, Beast Tamer, Ranger, Princess, Vartan, Songstress, Buccaneer, Patriarch, Familiar 
Also for whatever reason, while it says it enhances resistance against the opposing element, it does it to the same element so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

-----------//-----------

Floor 7 - Right hand split

A bloody annoying map on this. On paper, it should be a slam dunk - you're at the top of the map, most of the enemies are below you.

The problem being

That there are two rogues here on elevation 5.

One of them drops one of the best pieces of jewellery in the game.

And it's far too easy to knock them into the abyss.

Sidhe Ring

A ring made by mischievous faeriefolk for travel between planes, such that the wearer seems to move instantly from one place to the next.

code:
    Lv.15
    Weight 1
    Special: Blinkwalk
    ATK +5, DEF +5
    Resistances
        Weapon type - All 1% 
Special: Blinkwalk. Congratulations, your Arycelle is now Canopus.

The ring is an on use item, that grants the user up to 5 times a battle, Blinkwalk. Your wielder now ignores horizontal movement and hazards in their path.

Do not leave this floor without it.

-----------//-----------

Floor 8 - Left hand split

I didn't capture a screenshot of old mates exact position, but a Z. Flood Dragon @ Elevation 12 drops the "Whale Whiskercoat"

Whale Whiskercoat

A Brigandine woven with whiskers from the legendary Ur-Whale of the Obero sea. Enhances water abilities and resistances.

code:
    Lv.26
    Weight 6
    Extra: Augment Water +1
    Special: Aquaguard
    DEF 37, STR +2, DEX +8, HP +5, AGIL +3, RES +2
    Resistances
        Weapon type - Slashing 2, Crushing 4, Piercing 5
        Racial - Beast 5%
        Elemental - Water 30% 
It's the water elemental themed armour.

-----------//-----------

Floor 9 - Left hand split

This fucker (Hawkman Archer, Elevation 2) drops a pair of Winged Boots.

Winged Boots

Boots made from Chimaera feathers. SAid to allow the wearer to walk on the wind.

Effect: Windwalk.

No idea!

-----------//-----------

Floor 10 - Path Convergence

Bit of a loot bonanza this floor, having an enchiridion, a helmet, a shield, and a couple of assholes who drop pumpkins.

This rear end in a top hat drops your Dragon Scale shield.

This rear end in a top hat drops your Holy Crown helmet, and while I didn't capture it explicitly, the "Thrown Weapons 1" enchiridion is dropped by a Female Human Beast Tamer @ Elevation 15.

Holy Crown

A crown blessed by the gods. It is a favored headpiece of clergy.

code:
    Lv.25
    Weight 5
    DEF 29, STR +3, DEX +1, RES +2
    Resistances
        Weapon type - All 2%
        Racial - Divine 10% 
    Equipped by - Wizard, Cleric, Warlock, Necromancer, Lich, Priest, Princess, Dark Priest, Astromancer, Shaman, Wicce, Songstress, Patriarch, Familiar [/cide]

Say hello to Catiua's helmet until the end of the game. 

[code]    Lv.25 - (Heavy)
    Weight 6, RT +19
    Damage: Crushing 5
    Racial: Dragon 5%
    Extra: Draconology +1
    Special:
    ATK 43, DEF 21
    VIT +4, DEX +2, AVD +5,
    Resistances
        Weapon type - Slashing 5%, Piercing 3%
        Racial - Dragon 10%
        Elemental - All 4% 
A very good shield with a lot of resists, and it can be upgraded later via shield enchiridions.

-----------//-----------

Floor 11

The Cyclops in this screenshot moves first from this tile.

He drops the unique / set item "Glistening Helm" - cyclops have a set of smelly armours with decent stats that drop in the first 25 floors (probably beyond but I've only done 25!)

Glistening Helm

A helm that has seen use by countless warriors. It exudes an unpleasant smell.

code:
    Lv.28 - Unique
    Weight 6
    DEF 35, AVD +8, LUCK -5, MIND +6
    Resistances
        Weapon type - Crushing 4%, Slashing 1%, Piercing 3% 
    Equipped by - Warrior, Rune Fencer, Knight, Terror Knight, Berserker, Dragoon, Divine Knight, Lord, Paladin, White Knight, Buccaneer, Knight Commander, Hoplite, Juggernaut 
-----------//-----------

Floor 12

Big map.

This Z. Female Chaotic Archer (@ elevation 12) drops the Keening Bowgun.

Breaking with tradition this ALIVE Thunder Dragon drops Viraat's Thundercoat.

code:
    Lv.29 (2H)
    Range: 5-7
    Weight: 13, RT +38
    Damage: Piercing 13
    Racial: Beast +10%
    ATK 112, STR +5, DEX +1, AVD +2 

Viraat's Thundercoat

A brigandine crafted by the giant Viraat, who is said to have faced an ogre in battle. Enhances EarthThunder abilities and resistances.

code:
    Lv.26
    Weight 6
    Extra: Augment Lightning +1
    Special: Electriguard
    DEF 37, STR +2 DEX +8, HP +5, AGIL +3, RES +2
    Resistances
        Weapon type - Crushing 2, Piercing 4, Slashing 5
        Racial - Beast 5%
        Elemental - Lightning 30% 
-----------//-----------

Floor 17 - Dead End Detour

Yes, it's a dead end. Yes, it's worth it.

You're going to reset a bit here for "optimal" loot spawning.

This Z. Flood Dragon drops the Ring of Clouds.

This Z. Thunder Dragon drops Sparkguard Boots.

This Z. M. Archer drops a Tempest Bow!

Also one of them (Frost Dragon, Neutral, Elevation 2) drops an icecoat, but I only have so much patience.

Tempest Bow

A bow belonging to Hahnela. Goddess of Air. Crafted from gryphon and hippogryph feathers.

code:
    Lv.29 - (2H)
    Weight 13, RT +38
    Range: 6-9
    Racial: Beast +10%
    Affinity: Air 7
    Extra: Bows +1
    ATK 110, VIT +4, DEX +1 
This'll be for Arycelle, much as the Keening Bowgun is meant for Canopus.

-----------//-----------

Floor 18 - Dead End Detour

This rear end in a top hat drops the Permafrost bow.

Permafrost Bow

A bow that was found encased within a glacial wall. Those pierced by its arrows are said to freeze where they stand.

code:
    Lv.26 - (2H)
    Weight 12, RT +36
    Range: 5-8
    Affinity: Ice 7
    Extra: Bows +1
    ATK 101, DEX +5, HP +2, INT +1, RES +5 

-----------//-----------

Floor 13

We back out of the dead end and go down the right path

The "Roodbow" drops from this Archer

Roodbow -

A crossbow used by Knights of the Hagia. Engraved with Divine Glyps. It is also prized for its beauty.

It upgrades later into the Al-Iklil bow below it.

code:
Roodbow 

Lv.26 (2H)
Range: 4-7
Weight: 12, RT +37
Affinity: Light +5%
Racial: Phantom 5
On Hit: Light Averse
ATK 103, STR +1, VIT +2, HP +5, INT +1
code:
Al-iklil

Lv.27 (2H)
    Range: 5-8
    Weight: 13, RT +39
    Damage: Piercing 15
    Affinity: Light 5
    Racial: Umbra +10%
    On Hit: Light Averse
    Extra: Crossbows +1,
    Special: Instill Light
    ATK 116, STR +3, VIT +4, HP +8 AGIL +2, INT +3, MIND +2 
Well worth upgrading.

-----------//-----------

Floor 14

Two bits of loot here, the "Greased Ring" (shut UP Birdstrike) and the Phoenix Flamecoat.

The Ring drops from this flood Dragon.

code:

Greased Ring

Lv.15
    Weight 1
    Special: Waterwalk
    ATK +5, DEF +5
    Resistances
        Weapon type - All 1% 
The flamecoat, from the flame Dragon.

code:

Phoenix Flamecoat

Lv.26
    Weight 6
    Extra: Augment Fire +1
    Special: Pyroguard
    Resistances
        Weapon type - Piercing 2, Slashing 4, Crushing 5
        Racial - Beast 5%
        Elemental - Fire 30% 
-----------//-----------

Floor 15 - Dead End Detour

Only one bit of loot here worth any notice.

The Falcon Feathercoat spawns on a Cockatrice (Neutral @ Elevation 21) at this particular spot. Enemy not pictured because they get first turn and move from it.

Obligatory

Falcon Feathercoat

A Brigandine woven with feathers of the legendary peregrine. Enhances air abilities and resistances.

code:

Falcon Feathercoat

Lv.26
    Weight 6
    Extra: Augment Air +1
    Special: Aeroguard
    Resistances
        Weapon type - Slashing 2, Crushing 4, Piercing 5
        Racial - Beast 5%
        Elemental - Air 30% 
-----------//-----------

Floor 16

This massive, massive, ballbag in the shape of a golem drops the "Nathalork Rockcoat"

In theory.

[SCREENSHOT OF ITEM NOT FOUND BECAUSE I'M NOT WASTING ONE MINUTE MORE]

-----------//-----------

Floor 19

This frost dragon drops the Vikrant Icecoat

Oh and Ozma hit level 25 and got access to Rampart Aura 3 which is significantly larger than 2.

-----------//-----------

Floor 20

After this map, the route splits into two, left and right.

The left path takes you to the first dungeon shop, the right path takes you to potd 26-50.

There's a few items of interest here.

This hoplite drops the Armguard Enchiridion.

This Gremlin drops Cloud Shoes (see: Ring)

This Ghost Enchantress drops Earthern Greaves

Earthern Greaves

Legguards imbued with the power of the earth spirit Dhao. Enhances earth abilities and resistance

code:
Earthen Greaves

Lv.28
    Weight 6
    Extra: Augment Earth +1
    Special: Blade Ward
    DEF 37, STR +4, DEX +3, AVD +5, INT +2
    Resistances
        Weapon type - Crushing 3% Slashing 2%
        Racial - Beast 6%, Umbra 1%
        Elemental - Earth 30% 
    Equipped by - All classes except Astromancer 
-----------//-----------

Floor 23 - Shop Dead End

Two items of worth here

This Lamia Matriarch drops a unique staff, Malitza's Staff.

Malitza's Staff

A one-handed cudgel wielded by the Archmage Malitza. Can restore MP.

code:
    Lv.30 (1H)
    Weight 8, RT +25
    Damage: Crushing 1
    Racial: Umbra 5
    Extra: Resist Silence +2, Leadproof
    Special: Charge 100
    ATK 75, STR +3, VIT +6, MP +10, AVD +3, INT +8, MIND +8, RES +10 
When used as an item, gives you straight up 100mp. Very nice.

While this witch drops the Transcription Enchiridion.

-----------//-----------

Welcome to the first shop - Floor 24.

To leave.

Old mate carries one elemental summon for Wizards for every spellschool.

He also carries a bunch of Necromancy spells, making this the first time you'll actually have some spells for that school, so the old necro we've had since Chapter two might actually see some HAHA I'm not finishing that statement.

I have to question why there's a bunch of generics down here waiting to be hired.

-----------//-----------

Floor 21

Long and wide map with 3 items of interest that you'll definitely want to pick up, as with it you'll complete your first set - the reeking set.

The Falcon Mail drops from the Griffon in this spot who is 4 tiles east and one tile up on Elevation 15 in this screenshot, again because of first turn priority.

This Cyclops (four down, one west) from this square, drops the Reeking Armour.

While this one drops the third and final piece (well, there is a fourth, but the effect only needs 3 equipped items), the Musty Gauntlets.

The Reeking set is an odd duck, unlike other sets which make it plain what they're enhancing, the set [i]enhances
nothing. It debuffs enemies, but even then it's not plain what it does.

In essence, it makes the equipped character less likely to be melee attacked - due to the smell that's mentioned on each of the setpieces.

-----------//-----------

Floor 22

This skeleton carries the Crossbow enchiridion.

While this fuckknuckle carries Ji'ygla's Bracers as a part of the set. I'll cover its functions when we have more pieces.

code:
    Lv.30 - Unique
    Weight 6
    Extra: Augment Darkness +1
    Debuff Resist: Stopproof
    Special: Fixate
    DEF 39, STR +4, AGIL +2, INT +3, RES +7
    Resistances
        Weapon type - Crushing 7, Slashing 4
        Racial - Beast 3%
        Elemental - Dark 30% 
    Equipped by - Warrior, Archer, Rune Fencer, Terror Knight, Berserker, Dragoon, Fusilier, Divine Knight, Ranger, Vartan, Buccaneer, Knight Commander, Hoplite, Juggernaut 
Also the floor you can use to turn your zombies into Skeletons with a Book of the Dead, which we technically don't have yet.

-----------//-----------

Floor 25 - End of Part 1

God that dungeon text, I feel it in my soul.

Only one item of interest - the Sid'he shoes. Functions like the ring.

Drops from a Cannibal (Female, Chaos, Elevation 9), which is basically a Rune Fencer 2.0

Oh yeah, from Floor 25 on we start fighting "generic but better" classes. There's a lot of them, and they've got pretty cool names.

Sylphide's the Air Wizard summon, it's a multi-hit air summon.

Ozma just don't give a gently caress.

Ok gently caress it we're done for now - with no story out of this we're sort of wasting our time here.

Next up: CODA episode 1, officially.

-----------//-----------

Also huge props to waah for sending me his save files - I've not had a chance to look at them yet as I'm trying to do this legit, but if I lose my poo poo I might just hop into one of those :v:

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
im gonna be in the palace of the dead before this is done

lobster22221
Jul 11, 2017
Why are all of the interesting items in this game hidden behind post-game labrynthian requirements?

Set bonuses, equipment giving more than stats(with a few exceptions) etc.

akkristor
Feb 24, 2014

If I recall correctly, while you should be able to access the story for POTD on the Law route, you can get a bit more out of it on the Chaos route thanks to a Chaos-exclusive optional character that is a bitch to recruit thanks to Chaos Frame shenanigans. I can PM you more details, but you probably already know who i'm talking about and why both awesome and annoying.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

akkristor posted:

If I recall correctly, while you should be able to access the story for POTD on the Law route, you can get a bit more out of it on the Chaos route thanks to a Chaos-exclusive optional character that is a bitch to recruit thanks to Chaos Frame shenanigans. I can PM you more details, but you probably already know who i'm talking about and why both awesome and annoying.

She ... may? be shown, unlikely though, I suspect I'm rapidly approaching burnout.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

She would also make the Necromancer class worth using as I recall.

Don't feel bad about burning out, this game has so much arcane bullshit it's a miracle you're still going.

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

akkristor posted:

Chaos has Slightly more story potd. The killing Chaos Vyce again is fairly cathartic .

Neutral has the most by far. And something of a serious tearjerker. :saddowns:

Law has the least, but considering how LONG potd is and how little story you get to begin with (even on those other routes) I wouldn't say it's worth doing multiple times.

mauman fucked around with this message at 18:21 on Mar 4, 2018

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when

akkristor posted:

She's annoying, but it's no thay bad of a recruitment as long as you plan far ahead.

You can get enough chaos frame to not need to grind by simply picking the correct story options and doing most of the ch 4 side quests. No death march needed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mauman
Jul 30, 2014

waah posted:

and doing most of the ch 4 side quests.

Or in one case - refusing a side quest. :downs:

Also, allowing the Galgastani and Wallister to rape and pillage the Bakram REALLY helps....you hero, you :smug:

But yeah, unless you want a particular ending there is never a real need to do a Death March.

mauman fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Mar 4, 2018