Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

*Checks notes*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
What percentage of Australians think Barnaby is the father?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
DID BARNABY NUT?

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

What percentage of Australians think Caleb is the father?

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Birdstrike posted:

DID BARNABY NUT?

Caleb is the baby.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe

Birdstrike posted:

DID BARNABY NUT?

DID NUTABY BARN?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Barnaby gettin' more action than Caleb

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

kirbysuperstar posted:

Barnaby gettin' more action than Caleb

Not loving difficult, you could fall down the stairs and accidentally touch your junk during the fall and you'd still be getting more than Caleb

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Caleb is going for it

https://twitter.com/TheCalebBond/status/970140662959030272

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

BBJoey posted:

feminism is different from being a woman. hopefully this clears things up for you

Senor Tron posted:

The best way I've heard it put and the approach I now have is that I won't presume to speak on behalf of feminists but I would hope the women I know would describe me as one.

This is why I'm never going to call myself a feminist. I don't make that decision.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Daisy doesn’t deserve Caleb imo

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/DaisyCousens/status/966648022049280000

https://twitter.com/DaisyCousens/status/964083069241077760

https://twitter.com/DaisyCousens/status/961563038909284352

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

What possible political compensation does Barnaby see coming of throwing baby mama under the bus?

I mean I know it usually works. This doesn't seem like a bus throwing situation though.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Birdstrike posted:

Caleb wouldn't want to step on Bill Leak's toes.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

JBP posted:

What possible political compensation does Barnaby see coming of throwing baby mama under the bus?

I mean I know it usually works. This doesn't seem like a bus throwing situation though.

Getting the leadership back, obviously

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

JBP posted:

Old mate literally doesn't think he's done anything wrong. He's already said he's going to re-contest the leadership at some point, so now he's throwing her under the bus as a means to officially contest the parentage (which he's said he's not going to actually get checked) because in his eyes, the infidelity is what did him in.

Not the graft.

he's loving delusional

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Ah well so long as there's a plan.

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?
barnaby the beetroot cuck

Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Based on the trends there is a real chance that the 30 Newspolls milestone will also be met with Turnbull losing the preferred PM poll.

:getin:

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Senor Tron posted:

Based on the trends there is a real chance that the 30 Newspolls milestone will also be met with Turnbull losing the preferred PM poll.

:getin:

i dont think ive ever seen a poll where the preferred pm is in opposition :monocle:

this is kinda funny

https://twitter.com/WorldOfMarkyD/status/970272687032385536

Reclines Obesily fucked around with this message at 13:23 on Mar 4, 2018

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

Visidan posted:

i dont think ive ever seen a poll where the preferred pm is in opposition :monocle:

Rudd was consistently ahead of Howard for 6+ months before the 2007 election.

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

JBP posted:

This is why I'm never going to call myself a feminist. I don't make that decision.

Yo buds I'm a woman and a feminist. In case you're being serious or there are other people confused by this point, you're allowed to be a male and call yourself a feminist. I'm giving you permission.

I'd argue it's actually beneficial to have men identify as feminists, especially publicly, because it helps destigmatise it, and gently caress knows we need the help. More visibility = more good in this case.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Yeah thank you, but then again I work with super hard left women that say I can't. I'll just go with JBP, friend of feminism.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

JBP posted:

I work with super hard left women

I don’t think you can count Kitching

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Speaking of Kitching, I'm not sure if you can still get it all but vexnews used to have so many internet battles between union branch leaders using pseudonyms it was loving ridiculous.

You could usually roughly figure out who is who from the funny user names and the various pejoratives used against each other based on their looks.

Ora Tzo
Feb 26, 2016

HEEEERES TONYYYY
What do ya make of the kangaroo court of Australia JBP?

Whitlam
Aug 2, 2014

Some goons overreact. Go figure.

JBP posted:

Yeah thank you, but then again I work with super hard left women that say I can't. I'll just go with JBP, friend of feminism.

Their logic is dumb and bad. Guess I can't fully support racial equality since I'm white!

The whole point of having and being aware of privilege is using it for good, e.g. to destigmatise the cause of equality. Words matter. Identifiers matter. Ideologies matter. To use a similar example, without straight allies, LGBTI rights wouldn't be where they are today (usual disclaimer, not to say it's perfect, there are still a lot of problems, but I'd rather be in Australia in TYOOL 2018 than, say, 1950, or Sudan today). Allies have played an important role in acceptance and equality, and changing the minds of bigots around them who might not listen to "fags", but would listen to a friend, sibling or mentor. Likewise, feminist men have played a huge role in helping give it "credibility" to idiots who wouldn't listen to a woman who describes herself as a feminist, or who would otherwise immediately dismiss the movement. Yeah, it sucks that that's how the world works, but also, it is how the world works. Sulking about how that's not fair doesn't suddenly make things fair.

There's a time and a place for exclusionary politics and policies, but blanket excluding people from using the name is just dumb unless they're actually not espousing the ideals or whatever, which is a different issue that I'm not arguing is the case here.

(Not having a go at you JBP but it's an issue I'm pretty passionate about. But call yourself whatever you want because that's how feminism should be done. :v:)

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

I like this one because it makes me think of a youngish Baba Yaga.

Birdstrike posted:

:agreed:

He can do better.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Whitlam posted:

(Not having a go at you JBP but it's an issue I'm pretty passionate about. But call yourself whatever you want because that's how feminism should be done. :v:)

I'm 100% with you and that makes sense but you better believe when I think about using the ID around many people i know I'm going to be going

Also a lot of men I know that say it loud and proud are massive fuckheads that shouldn't go anywhere near it due to their tendency to talk over or sideline women constantly and often unconsciously so yeah...

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Slut shaming your Baby Mama in the Sydney Morning Herald.

From everything I've learned from all my years of following politics and all the possible courses of action I though Joyce might pursue, THIS was not one of them.

I'm genuinely surprised at how low he's gone here.

I mean, this moment may well come to be new the gold standard we apply to lovely politicians for decades.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
I think he thinks he's shaming the media by pointing out how they only cared about breaking the story and not whether it was actually true.

hooman
Oct 11, 2007

This guy seems legit.
Fun Shoe
I call myself a feminist because generally anyone who dissembles when asked "would you call yourself a feminist?" is no ally for the causes of women.

adamantium|wang
Sep 14, 2003

Missing you

Cartoon posted:

You do realise that targeting auspol goons is going to seriously distort the data set. (ie) very few right wing authoritarian poo poo smears will be sampled :wave: craig

she lives in mudgee

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.
Can’t wait for Dutton to dump Turnbull and win in a landslide after every nsw, qld, and wa electorate votes potato 1

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Solemn Sloth posted:

Can’t wait for Dutton to dump Turnbull and win in a landslide after every nsw, qld, and wa electorate votes potato 1

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Keen for Retail Food Group to reopen on the ASX today and watch what will be an amazing tumble into oblivion.

Good riddance.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
George Pell's in court today, but everything is secret for a couple of weeks

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-05/george-pell-in-court-to-fight-historical-sexual-offence-charges/9499468

quote:

Cardinal Pell's committal hearing is expected to run for a month and will determine whether there's enough evidence for him to stand trial.
The hearing will be closed to the public and media for up to two weeks as the complainants give evidence, which is standard practice in Victoria for hearings involving sexual offence charges.
They are expected to begin testifying via video link from a remote facility this afternoon.
About 50 witnesses are expected to give evidence during the hearing, which is scheduled to conclude by Good Friday.
At the end of the committal hearing, Cardinal Pell will be required to enter a plea.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Solemn Sloth posted:

It's very suspect that Fairfax is currently going after Julie Bishop's throat.

After Barnaby it's almost like some sort of media emperor has given permission to start loving up the Liberal Party but such a figure doesn't exist.

But Dutton has not been a target at all. Even when journalists are clearly looking for dirt.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Dutton always follows all the rules and loves his wife because that's the purest, most Nazi way to live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

It's very suspect that Fairfax is currently going after Julie Bishop's throat.

After Barnaby it's almost like some sort of media emperor has given permission to start loving up the Liberal Party but such a figure doesn't exist.

But Dutton has not been a target at all. Even when journalists are clearly looking for dirt.

Hmm :thunk:

• Locked thread