Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

there is no dirt on dutton, it’d be like trying to dig up dirt on a fascist brick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solemn Sloth
Jul 11, 2015

Baby you can shout at me,
But you can't need my eyes.

BBJoey posted:

there is no dirt on dutton, it’d be like trying to dig up dirt on a fascist brick

He was a Queensland cop, he is a potato, he was born into dirt, moulded by it.

The problem is it’s all going to be dirt like “beat an aboriginal person almost to death”, “assaulted a protestor”, “used police systems to stalk an ex”, rather than things which Australians might actually care about.

million dollar mack
Aug 20, 2006
Larson ain't getting this cow.

Isn’t the Lich of Media currently hospitalised after a fall or some such?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

Uh

Uh

Look over there, a young couple looking for a variable interest home loan and attempting to put their mortgage on Amex!

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

million dollar mack posted:

Isn’t the Lich of Media currently hospitalised after a fall or some such?

He was still in hospital last week I think

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Solemn Sloth posted:

He was a Queensland cop, he is a potato, he was born into dirt, moulded by it.

The problem is it’s all going to be dirt like “beat an aboriginal person almost to death”, “assaulted a protestor”, “used police systems to stalk an ex”, rather than things which Australians might actually care about.

lol if you think the qld police actually kept records of those incidents

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

adamantium|wang posted:

Hey assholes, my daughter is doing an assignment about perceptions of feminism across generations and genders. If you had a spare 5 minutes and need a distraction from the abysmal state of Auspol check it out.
https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfQ91ubBSaXBeORsK1pZN0Wg-wlhjxS2CWtiDKTbvkeWT7e-Q/viewform

Outed myself as the second wave Marxist-Feminist shitposter I am. I even quoted Germaine Greer before she turned into a weird misogynist regular on Q&A.

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.
I couldn't figure out where to put criticism of white feminism and TERFS :negative:

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

The Before Times posted:

I couldn't figure out where to put criticism of white feminism and TERFS :negative:

That's more typically a criticism of 2nd wave feminism rather than 3rd or 4th wave though right?

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

And the mercy seat is awaiting,
And I think my head is burning,
And in a way I'm yearning,
To be done with all this measuring of proof.
An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
And anyway I told the truth,
And I'm not afraid to die.
Criticism of TERF is applied to second wave exclusively but white feminist criticisms of third wave exist though not as pronounced or severe than against second wave. Third wave feminism was the early gestation of intersectionality so while it exists it isn't as pronounced as the fourth wave, alongside arguments of feminism and social class/caste. Its most often expressed in brief "their hearts in the right place but they're ignorant."

Full disclosure i'm a third waver.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
vaporwave or gtfo

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,
VaporwaVe Gave Us Oneohtrix Point Never so thats more than a lot of other waves gave us.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
RIP Dolewave killed by Joe Hockey.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

If you’re not anti-capitalist your feminism is worthless imho

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.

Endman posted:

Paging Clementine Ford.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Endman posted:

Incoming Hobo strike.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Endman posted:

Endman join the YPG

Endman
May 18, 2010

Zenithe posted:

Incoming Hobo strike.

I’m interested to hear how the plans for the refugee-populated garbage-city are coming along.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

Endman posted:

I’m interested to hear how the plans for the refugee-populated garbage-city are coming along.

Sydney doesn’t really do plans

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

Zenithe posted:

Caleb wouldn't want to step on Bill Leak's toes.
Well they are getting a little smooshy.

swimsuit
Jan 22, 2009

yeah

Lid posted:

VaporwaVe Gave Us Oneohtrix Point Never so thats more than a lot of other waves gave us.

lol you have this backwards

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Who was following Retail Food Group? It's a bit of a bloodbath right now https://www.google.com/search?q=ASX:RFG

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

BBJoey posted:

lol if you think the qld police actually kept records of those incidents

Gold plated reward plaques still count as records.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Who was following Retail Food Group? It's a bit of a bloodbath right now https://www.google.com/search?q=ASX:RFG

Me.

Lol.

Goodbye Gloria Jeans

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
https://twitter.com/nickschadegg/status/970261746928697346

Lid
Feb 18, 2005

An eye for an eye
And a tooth for a tooth,

rip donut king and crust pizza

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Why is it important in political discourse to upset people? What prize does one win on twitter for it?

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
Conservatives mistakenly equating social media click bait tactics with relevancy

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

Once upon a time, I would have thrown you halfway to the moon for a crack like that.

Lid posted:

Criticism of TERF is applied to second wave exclusively but white feminist criticisms of third wave exist though not as pronounced or severe than against second wave. Third wave feminism was the early gestation of intersectionality so while it exists it isn't as pronounced as the fourth wave, alongside arguments of feminism and social class/caste. Its most often expressed in brief "their hearts in the right place but they're ignorant."

Full disclosure i'm a third waver.

yup.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

I honestly get pretty frustrated with a lot of the left libertarianism attached to some brands of feminism. I'm not sure which school it belongs to though.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

ALP federal policy via Husic to get rid of work for the dole. They're going to lose.

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

Walked right into a TERF war it seems

Les Affaires
Nov 15, 2004

JBP posted:

ALP federal policy via Husic to get rid of work for the dole. They're going to lose.

is WFTD that poopular?

The Before Times
Mar 8, 2014

JBP posted:

I honestly get pretty frustrated with a lot of the left libertarianism attached to some brands of feminism. I'm not sure which school it belongs to though.

and the capitalist feminism that likes to go hand in hand with white feminism.

norp
Jan 20, 2004

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

let's invade New Zealand, they have oil

Les Affaires posted:

is WFTD that poopular?

People actually believe that the dole is too generous

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
TERFs are just mad they have to put up with their periods.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

TERFs are just mad they have to put up with their periods.
mlyp.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

quote:

DEAR God, how depraved is our politics now? We’ve got our former deputy prime minister publicly suggesting he’s been left holding a baby that isn’t his.

Barnaby Joyce was last week shamed into resigning after he gave his lover, Vikki Campion, now pregnant, two taxpayer-funded jobs before leaving his wife for her.

But having publicly humiliated his wife, he’s now humiliating his new partner.

Incredibly, he’s now volunteered it’s a “bit of a grey area” whether he’s actually the father of the boy they’re expecting in early April.

The dates didn’t quite match, he mused. He was away on a trip with his wife for 10 days in the critical period. And then he was busy acting as prime minister.

Has Joyce no dignity? No sense of having to shield Campion and her soon-to-be-born son from shaming?

And why are political journalists now sniffing the sheets of our politicians, pretending to be horrified by the stains they eagerly hunt for?

It was the oh-so-moral Fairfax press which last week tut-tutted that some low-life MPs were peddling smut: “Liberals spread rumours that Joyce was not the father of the baby he is expecting with his new partner, Vikki Campion.” The real story there is just how sordid the Liberals are under Malcolm Turnbull’s so-called leadership.

But it’s not just a matter of Joyce and the Liberals spreading rumours about his child. That’s the crying shame of it all.

Just last week, we had Jobs Minister Michaelia Cash threaten to “name every young woman in Mr Shorten’s office about which rumours in this place abound” — an unsubstantiated smear suggesting these women were sleeping with the boss.

You’d think Cash would be forced to apologise for slinging such mud at innocent women, especially when her Prime Minister, Mr Turnbull, had just a couple of weeks earlier announced a bonking ban for ministers, preaching “there is a need to have more respectful workplaces”.

So what about “respectful workplaces” for the women on Opposition Leader Bill Shorten’s staff, Prime Minister?

No, Turnbull refused to condemn Cash for trashing them, and even claimed she’d been “bullied” into her foul comments. At this rate, what self-respecting woman would dare risk working for a federal MP?

And still they weren’t finished.

Next came Immigration Minister Peter Dutton, himself on a second marriage, jeering: “There’s a history of problems in Bill Shorten’s personal life, (Labor frontbencher) Tony Burke’s personal life”.

Unbelievably, Campion was with Joyce during some of an interview he gave about his son’s paternity, during which he complained the media had “never even asked if it was Joyce’s bundle” — an appallingly demeaning way of referring to his son.

True, Joyce — in a pale imitation of gallantry — did add that he wouldn’t arrange a paternity test: “It’s mine, on the record, there it is … Even if it wasn’t, I wouldn’t care, I’d still go through this, I’d still love him.”

But what will his son later think, knowing his own father may not be his father? Knowing, too, that millions of others now know it, too, after his father told the world?

What sticks in the craw, apart from the cruelty, is Joyce’s hypocrisy.

Joyce is the man who two weeks ago told the media to stop writing about his new family for the sake of his expected son.

“I don’t want our child to grow up as some sort of public display,” said the man who has now just made his son a public display.

He didn’t want his son to seem “somehow less worthy than other children”, said the man who has now referred to him as a “bundle”, father uncertain.

I used to have some respect for Joyce. Not now.

As far as I am concerned, his political career is now over. For good.

For a start, Joyce will need all the time in the world to make it up to his new partner and his son, and if I see him once again rattling around the country as a federal minister, I’ll know he’s not at home to fix what he’s broken.

But it’s not just Joyce. That’s what’s so shocking about the vileness of this past month.

I don’t know how our government ended up down in the gutter.

Maybe it’s just following the voters, who are glued to dignity-trashing shows like Married at First Sight and Real Housewives.

Meet I’m a Politician ... Get Me Out of Here!, where MPs in a swamp eat buckets of s--- for our horrified amusement.

But however they got into this gutter, do our politicians even know how to climb out?

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/n..._medium=Twitter

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
People expect Labor to do that kind of thing, it's already factored into their vote.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ass frog
Feb 28, 2018

by Smythe

adamantium|wang posted:

she lives in mudgee
i used to live in mudgee and it is an evil, evil little town

• Locked thread