Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Wolfenstein's difficulty names made journalists insanely mad and I love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

I don't get how you can write that even ironically

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

That dude needs to seriously get good.

bloops
Dec 31, 2010

Thanks Ape Pussy!

TheGreasyStrangler posted:

Wolfenstein's difficulty names made journalists insanely mad and I love it

Ya it’s a little sensitive. To be fair, Wolfie 2 doesn’t play well as a shooter. Now Doom 2016 - that game rolls like a goddamn freight train on harder difficulties in a good way.

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

video

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

game

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

journalism

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003

Nostalgia4Ass posted:

Half of the Dark Souls and Bloodborne games is knowing when to run away. Those werewolves can be avoided pretty easily if you just run past them.

Wouldn't that be running smack into the bridge boss though? :ohdear:

tyler
Jun 2, 2014

Actually, you have to fight and kill everything.

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
Kotaku is the dark souls of video games journalism

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

mods change my name posted:

Kotaku is the dark souls of video games journalism

you just gave me two competing aneurysms

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GN9cENdM27I

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017

EVA BRAUN BLOWJOBS posted:

you just gave me two competing aneurysms

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCadcBR95oU

Hekk
Oct 12, 2012

'smeper fi

Capn Beeb posted:

Wouldn't that be running smack into the bridge boss though? :ohdear:

It's been forever since I've played but you can literally run right past the werewolves and into the sewers or into the building with the old guy in a wheelchair with the shotgun. You don't have to kill them if they give you trouble.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

holocaust bloopers posted:

Ya it’s a little sensitive. To be fair, Wolfie 2 doesn’t play well as a shooter. Now Doom 2016 - that game rolls like a goddamn freight train on harder difficulties in a good way.

Doom 2016 was way better but I thought Wolf 2 was pretty fun, too. I think a lot of people tried to play it as a cover shooter and got hosed up. If you bounce off the walls and never stop moving the health and armor pickups for each area are effectively infinite.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

I love this

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
doom 2016 is the best FPS since the original modern warfare. not MW in hindsight, i mean how MW was when it first came out in like.. 2007 or whatever.

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
Holy mother of god I'm going to have to get used to 21:9 screens. This poo poo is crazy.

:piss:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
My Summer Car released an update.

It includes a racing flywheel, killer wasps, grandma and improvements to the moonshine mechanics.

Nostalgia4Infinity
Feb 27, 2007

10,000 YEARS WASN'T ENOUGH LURKING

FrozenVent posted:

My Summer Car released an update.

It includes a racing flywheel, killer wasps, grandma and improvements to the moonshine mechanics.

:what:

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZxWRPB1GLQ

Edit: That guy is annoying as poo poo but he's got 75% of the youtube videos about this game.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Mar 3, 2018

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
https://youtu.be/2UdtNgexcwI

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
You built a base in the loving entrance of the lost river?

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

I mean, until now, I figured I couldn't build on uneven terrain, so I'll try that as soon as I'm back in Munich, but how the gently caress did you get the leviathan and other sparkly eels to gently caress off / die? I've tried throwing those gravity torpedoes at them, or stun them, but I've never killed one. And the leviathan, at least, constantly roams around that entrance on the inside, with another, bigger one roaming near the surface outside. The bigger one I can avoid in the cyclops, but the one in the entrance is only barely dodgable in sea moth / prawn suit.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

Duzzy Funlop posted:

I mean, until now, I figured I couldn't build on uneven terrain, so I'll try that as soon as I'm back in Munich, but how the gently caress did you get the leviathan and other sparkly eels to gently caress off / die? I've tried throwing those gravity torpedoes at them, or stun them, but I've never killed one. And the leviathan, at least, constantly roams around that entrance on the inside, with another, bigger one roaming near the surface outside. The bigger one I can avoid in the cyclops, but the one in the entrance is only barely dodgable in sea moth / prawn suit.

For a while the young ghost levi left me alone. Then he decided he wanted to attack. So I knifed him to death.

The other stuff will leave you alone unless you go near them. In fact most stuff will do that. I built down there because it had a lot of nodes to mine with the prawn suit. The only thing the area lacks that you cannot grow yourself is table coral. There is only a few of them on some lava spouts a ways away.

ded fucked around with this message at 10:11 on Mar 4, 2018

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

You knifed a leviathan to death.

Now there's a perfectly normal sentence.

The only times I ever tried close-combat with the fuckers is when I was in my prawn suit and dried to slash at it with my drill arm. Problem was that I'd only get a bout one or two swipes in on each pass, and would still take enough damage to not survive the next following pass. Didn't occur to me to just keep doing it.

Also, what are you doing to sustain your base structurally at those depths? I recall reading that the structural integrity decreases the deeper you go, and my current base already needs a foundation for pretty much every single module added to be able to stay at even 0.5

/edit:
vvvvvv

Oh...

:stare:

Oooohhhh...

Why the gently caress didn't I think of that before? Freeze, THEN knife.

Duzzy Funlop fucked around with this message at 10:23 on Mar 4, 2018

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Stasis rifle + knife the best tools in the game. :yooge:

I added a few reinforcements. Costs 6 titanium + 2 lithium iirc, for +7. I used zero foundations. You don't need them.

edit : oh and I put my stasis rifle, a mk3 seamoth depth mod, and a beacon in my time capsule. If someone gets that early game they should be happy as poo poo.

ded fucked around with this message at 10:30 on Mar 4, 2018

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
started playing f1 2017.

monaco grand prix is the dark souls of racing sims.

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”
I was looking into upgrading my PC. What the gently caress is going on with the prices?

I might not ever build a PC again

Vasudus
May 30, 2003
RAM and video cards are expensive.

RAM because of earthquakes and video cards because of bitcoin.

I ended up buying a Titan XP from Nvidia because it was cheaper than buying a 1080ti from anywhere else.

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
I bought a barely-used 1080 right after they came out for like $500 on Craigslist. Now I see that they're going for like $1,000! That's absolutely insane. Crypto is bad on so many levels.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006
I got lucky and paid like $180 for a 1060 6gb during the 2016 cyber Monday Newegg sale. I was shocked when I told my friend to get one to keep his build price down and he told me they sell for $450 to 500 now.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
does this blockchain poo poo exist in all video cards or should ATI be taking advantage of the market right now?

(does ATI still even exist?)

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

can someone recommend a good coop storymode game for PC/xbox one/360? It can be older.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

45 ACP CURES NAZIS posted:

can someone recommend a good coop storymode game for PC/xbox one/360? It can be older.

Divinity: Original Sin 1 & 2 are heavy on story and co-op all the way through

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Vasudus posted:

RAM and video cards are expensive.

RAM because of earthquakes and video cards because of bitcoin.

I ended up buying a Titan XP from Nvidia because it was cheaper than buying a 1080ti from anywhere else.

Jesus, the Titan XP is like $1200 off the Nvidia site, and the Titan V $3000

Wish all the bitcoin miners would just go hang themselves so I can go back to buying reasonably priced video cards

Beeb
Jun 29, 2003
I found this a week or so ago when a pal was asking me why the gently caress video cards are so expensive now, as he'd been largely out of the loop:

:psyboom:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/26/bitcoin-mining-quebec-the-big-picture/

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ I hope that dude suffers an industrial accident in his loving mining warehouse

Mustang posted:

Jesus, the Titan XP is like $1200 off the Nvidia site, and the Titan V $3000

Wish all the bitcoin miners would just go hang themselves so I can go back to buying reasonably priced video cards

:same:

I ended up buying a used 970 Founders Edition off ebay when my ancient 7870 started dying because any new card worth even half a gently caress was $400+.

gently caress coiners forever

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

I have a 970 ive been using since 2015 I think, wanted to upgrade and wait for the prices to drop but the prices have been skyrocketing instead of going down over time

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

Started playing Stellaris again with all the DLC, first time I've played since launch. Can't remember how to play but having a blast so far