Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
so Guardian with the 1v5 clutch ace :stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

This IEM "game like a pro" advert where the dude is playing cs on dual monitors and looking back and forth between them upsets me

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
Was literally typing that karrigan has been consistently delivering impact frags in this series as he wins a pivotal pistol round 1v2 lol.

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 16 hours!

NtotheTC posted:

This IEM "game like a pro" advert where the dude is playing cs on dual monitors and looking back and forth between them upsets me

It's his browser based map hack that he's looking at, I can only assume

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

helluva game

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

2 aces for flusha, yep. What a monster

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

flusha is just fully sick lmao. disgusting.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

30-15 in regulation

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.
pro CSGO has been so good lately

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Good poo poo Fnatic.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Flusha is god again. thats nice

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

:burger::burger::burger::burger::burger:

Establish the Buns

Faze is like what the Patriots would be if every other NFL team was the Giants.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*
Fnatic winning

Mouz winning

Fuckin awesome

Goofballs posted:

Flusha is god again. thats nice
Smartest player in the game imo

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
lekro was really good too

Salean
Mar 17, 2004

Homewrecker

karrigan suicide watch

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

What is wrong with Faze? They had their arch-nemesis of SK before, but now they just can't seem to win.

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

faze are always the bridesmaid but never the bride

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Never thought Fnatic would be the lovable underdogs destroying the overpaid superteam but here we are. :unsmith:

2018 is shaping up to be wild. C9, mous, Fnatic. Wow.

NtotheTC
Dec 31, 2007

drat that was tense. I'm not a huge Faze fan but I wanted them to win just because of how much I hate that stupid neck-chin JW and his folded-arms smug pose. Can't deny flusha was a monster though. That first ace was disgusting.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

jw is just an unfortunate looking person, real innsmouth look about him

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
JW is no Dosia, I'll tell you that.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

That has to be the best individual performance in a competitive Grand Final I can remember.

Gilg posted:

What is wrong with Faze? They had their arch-nemesis of SK before, but now they just can't seem to win.

They are still too puggy it feels like. When crunch time comes, they lose confidence in their individual playmaking (which is basically the best in the world) and can't fall back on a solid playbook. I see them going in ones and twos making plays, but as a cohesive unit under pressure they are a bit fragmented. Comparatively, both fnatic and C9 in those Grand Finals were just hitting their executes. C9 on A inferno (which FaZe was unable to counter until they studied it after that event) and fnatic on B this time.

Still, don't be mislead. 2nd twice and losing only in OT on deciding map is extremely close to being 1st both times. Without flusha going godmode, they take that map for sure. Similar story for Ska on at the Major.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

That has to be the best individual performance in a competitive Grand Final I can remember.

They are still too puggy it feels like. When crunch time comes, they lose confidence in their individual playmaking (which is basically the best in the world) and can't fall back on a solid playbook. I see them going in ones and twos making plays, but as a cohesive unit under pressure they are a bit fragmented. Comparatively, both fnatic and C9 in those Grand Finals were just hitting their executes. C9 on A inferno (which FaZe was unable to counter until they studied it after that event) and fnatic on B this time.

Still, don't be mislead. 2nd twice and losing only in OT on deciding map is extremely close to being 1st both times. Without flusha going godmode, they take that map for sure. Similar story for Ska on at the Major.

Something has to change though. There's no reason why they should crumble like this over and over.

They've bought the 3 best superstars and have the best IGL in the EU scene outside of, idk, e6xtenz. Where do you go from here?

Famethrowa fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Mar 5, 2018

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

As much as I've never liked Fnatic, it's kinda cool seeing them win again. Lekr0 especially deserves to win something; he can kick some serious rear end. :unsmith:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy
That series ruled.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

Famethrowa posted:

Something has to change though. There's no reason why they should crumble like this over and over.

They've bought the 3 best superstars and have the best IGL in the EU scene outside of, idk, e6xtenz. Where do you go from here?

Nothing has to change lineup wise. People are overreacting like mad. Maybe they want to work on some funky OT strats. They are for sure the most studied team out there rn, they have the most consistent results even in a period where it's very tight at the top. Losing two events due to OT against dark horse opponents that they won't have focused on is unfortunate but nobody is outperforming them overall.

Every other team is more inconsistent than them results wise. It's not like they've lost every GF by any stretch. People can't see past 2nd as a number, but making a final in the first place, 1st or 2nd, is nearly equally impressive in these fields of teams. If they were losing to a single team with consistency in finals, I'd be with you that there's a problem, but they're not.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
They need to make Rain not look like the lesbian bartender at the bar I go to all the time.

Gilg
Oct 10, 2002

True, I was being cheeky, Faze is definitely very good. But they're the superteam-ist superteam since adding Olofmeister and Guardian. They have rightfully high expectations.

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"

Push El Burrito posted:

They need to make Rain not look like the lesbian bartender at the bar I go to all the time.

He's lost weight.

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
For this specific tournament, I'm pretty sure I read that Rain has been pretty sick, as in healthwise, not fully sick, as in strong, proud gamer

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS
gently caress FaZe. I hope they lose every event from here on out.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Jeza posted:

Nothing has to change lineup wise. People are overreacting like mad. Maybe they want to work on some funky OT strats. They are for sure the most studied team out there rn, they have the most consistent results even in a period where it's very tight at the top. Losing two events due to OT against dark horse opponents that they won't have focused on is unfortunate but nobody is outperforming them overall.

Every other team is more inconsistent than them results wise. It's not like they've lost every GF by any stretch. People can't see past 2nd as a number, but making a final in the first place, 1st or 2nd, is nearly equally impressive in these fields of teams. If they were losing to a single team with consistency in finals, I'd be with you that there's a problem, but they're not.

They seem to have the same problems TSM/Astralis had when Karrigan was leading in terms of staying resilient when their momentum falters. Obviously they have a higher skill ceiling then Ast so they have higher placements, but the fact that they fail to close out games as often as they do is a pretty big deal imo.

I don't think it necessarily means a lineup change, but just like SK/Astralis, they need a huge mentality shift if they want to beat these young teams.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Audax posted:

He's lost weight.

It's more the face and hair.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
man fnatic winning tournaments, FMPONE releasing maps, what year is this?

Super happy to see fnatic back winning again.

Tevery Best
Oct 11, 2013

Hewlo Furriend

Famethrowa posted:

Never thought Fnatic would be the lovable underdogs destroying the overpaid superteam but here we are. :unsmith:

2018 is shaping up to be wild. C9, mous, Fnatic. Wow.

I never thought I would hear Katowice audience cheer for fnatic, yet here we are.

Has anyone given any explanation as to why FaZe showed up wearing the colours and emblems of the most hated footy team in Poland? Because I want answers.

szary
Mar 12, 2014
Legia has an official affiliation with Faze now

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

On subzero why does the water by the submarine kill you but you can splash around the ct spawn pit all you want

stump collector
May 28, 2007
It's colder

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThePeavstenator
Dec 18, 2012

Establish the Buns

the water in ct is actually piss