Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
When should i care about the plains of eidolon?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

AnEdgelord posted:

When should i care about the plains of eidolon?

You can go whenever, it's on earth for a reason. It's mostly self contained; the largest reasons to go there are Gara, vaulted relics, arcanes, and making your anime child form not poo poo.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Soothing Vapors posted:

once you get to a certain level of spacewealth there's infinitely more value in rolling into battle with a badass cat in a wizard robe than there is in making sure you get every single piece of ferrite around you

It's a lot less about that and a lot more about using high-rof guns and having to run over every ammo pickup so you don't run dry in 10 seconds.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

If you start plains early you'll have a slight head start for when it actually starts to matter. That and the unvaulted relics from it are going back in the vault at the end of the month.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

Is there some secret to Archwing Missions? The controls are awkward as hell. Combine that with an interception mission (which I struggle with at the best of times) for The Limbo Theorem and I’m just getting beaten again and again.

There’s too many enemies to keep away from the stations long enough to capture more than two at a time, and trying to fight them is incredibly frustrating. What am I doing wrong here?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Don't play AW interception missions solo if you can avoid it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Helter Skelter posted:

Don't play AW interception missions at all if you can avoid it.

the thingies for limbo are tradeable. ask in clan chat.

Tylana
May 5, 2011

Pillbug
One secret is to fuse (put endo into) the damage mods on arch weapons up as otherwise you'll be way behind the curve. Another can be trying different AWs or weapons like the Fluctus.

When I solo'd the interception I just completely focused on claiming points, spammed Odonata's 3 when on point and basically ran a circle around the map. Just about kept ahead on %

Check if you got the proof fragments despite failing, I forget if they are special. The next stage is to build the quest object, but the quest step will keep pointing at the mission until you do, IIRC.

Finally, as ever, ask for help. Many bosses and quests are kind of hard to so solo, and quests are very hard to pub as they only appear for people currently doing them. The limbo excavations felt rough to me, but I did do them with friends which does boost enemy numbers.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

When I talk about the doomed, the scum, the people who no longer give a shit...When I talk about the filth of the city...I'm talking about you.

I’ll give those a try. I hadn’t even thought to look at the Archwing special abilities

Pope Urbane II
Nov 25, 2012

Eyespy posted:

I’ll give those a try. I hadn’t even thought to look at the Archwing special abilities

I think I was halfway through the star map before I realized you could add mods to your archwing and weapons. It is, like most parts of Warframe, neither intuitive nor explained by the game.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Eyespy posted:

Is there some secret to Archwing Missions? The controls are awkward as hell. Combine that with an interception mission (which I struggle with at the best of times) for The Limbo Theorem and I’m just getting beaten again and again.

There’s too many enemies to keep away from the stations long enough to capture more than two at a time, and trying to fight them is incredibly frustrating. What am I doing wrong here?

I was working on that same mission last night. Infuriating. If you're on PS4 add me and we'll tag-team it.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Elytron from the dojo labs is pretty good for interceptions, just launch the giant persistent death aoes at the points.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
Everything reads that Defection missions roll based of "squads" rescued, but I'm pretty certain it's just the people, right?

I've been running some solo for Harrow all day and I'm getting Neo relics (which are rotation C on Caracol) after rescuing only four squads of three people or so.

Never mind, I never have to run defection ever again.

Dark_Swordmaster fucked around with this message at 00:07 on Mar 5, 2018

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012
Holy poo poo, the Kohm is a thing of beauty. I love how it ramps up and gets insane in defense/survival misisons, and it's not even fully leveled yet. I hope it is viable long-term.

Also, what is a good early sniper for Master 6? I have a vulkar and it seems...nice, but boring.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Sephyr posted:

Holy poo poo, the Kohm is a thing of beauty. I love how it ramps up and gets insane in defense/survival misisons, and it's not even fully leveled yet. I hope it is viable long-term.

Also, what is a good early sniper for Master 6? I have a vulkar and it seems...nice, but boring.

Did you already grab the free Vectis from the promo code? If not, it's FN6B-8RML-MLH6-GM2N. Some claim it's expired at this point, but worth the try at least.

kxZyle
Nov 7, 2012

Pillbug
It has 100% expired a couple weeks back.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

kxZyle posted:

Well crap. Other than that, any sniper I should aim for?

Rorac
Aug 19, 2011

Sephyr posted:

The Kohm is my go-to shotgun. If you're wanting something that can last longer into a mission (that is, doesn't eat all of your ammo in 10 seconds), try putting on tainted shell. My Kohm has a fire rate of 5.5, which hits the sweet spot (for me) of ramping up quickly enough, being controllable enough to carefully meter ammo usage, and dealing plenty of DPS when I need it. Right now, even all of the pellets fall within the aiming circle, so it's useful even at long range.

Basically, it trades theoretical paper DPS for real practical DPS by ensuring every single pellet (or at least the vast majority of them) actually hits the target.

VVV Says you. I just happen to like using the Kohm at ranges longer than 5 feet.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Removing fire rate from the Kohm is a gun crime.

SadisTech
Jun 26, 2013

Clem.

Sephyr posted:

The Lanka is pretty nice once you get some decent cards on it. It's a charge-up shot sniper.

Eyespy
Dec 20, 2004

barren_sky posted:

I was working on that same mission last night. Infuriating. If you're on PS4 add me and we'll tag-team it.

I'm on PS4. What's your PSN ID?

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010

Sephyr posted:

It's the only gun I use at this point.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

Eyespy posted:

I'm on PS4. What's your PSN ID?

Barren_sky. I'm in the Corpus clan.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Don't forget about ye kohmak for your pistol slot!

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

RFC2324 posted:

Don't forget about ye kohmak for your pistol slot!

I found the kohmak to be a lot better than the kohm, or at least I liked it a lot more. I've got twin kohmaks cooking away in the foundry and I have high hopes.

Flopstick
Jul 10, 2011

Top Cop

Sephyr posted:

Keep an eye open for Invasion missions that pay with Snipetron Vandal components. It's not as good as the Vectis, but it's better than the Vulkar. Surprisingly lethal plinking type of gun, very little recoil.

MJ12
Apr 8, 2009

turn off the TV posted:

I actually aim glide almost every time I do any kind of precision platforming. Usually not for the sake of actually hitting anything, but because it reduces vertical movement and allows for more control by slowing you down. Movement gets a lot easier once you have the various combinations of jumps, mid air rolls, kicks and gliding down.

The same rule of thumb that I used in Tribes also applies to Warframe pretty well. If I'm using a weapon that deals damage on direct hits then I want to fire that weapon from the ground. If I'm using a weapon that deals splash damage then I want to be in the air. Very few weapons actually have any splash damage in Warframe, so it's usually for the best to wait until landing to shoot.

To list the parts of air movement:

You have two jumps, one from the ground and one in the air. Either one of these can be a bullet jump. Once in the air you have one roll. The roll will reorient your momentum in any horizontal direction, allowing you to basically turn on a dime once per jump. In the air you can kick with crouch. Kicking will extend your momentum but uses a limited pool of time that resets each jump. Kicking while landing negates hard landings, kicking while landing on enemies will knock them over. Each jump gives you a pool of aim glide, which slows vertical movement and makes horizontal movement easier. Landing on/latching onto a wall and then jumping off of it counts as an initial jump.

By mastering all of these techniques I am now able to reliably make it from the tube onto the walkway on that Grineer Shipyard tileset entrance almost half of the time.

Also remember that you can do an air melee, which gets you a slight impulse in the direction you're looking at, and you can also do an air slam, which instantly kills your forward momentum. Air slam is a really useful tool for precision platforming because it can turn an overshoot into a direct landing.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

kxZyle posted:

It has 100% not, I claimed it last week on PS4.

E: might have to double check that.

That said, i'm starting to outgrow it. What's a good upgrade?

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 5, 2018

funkmeister
Feb 20, 2010

About your father. If it's any help, he's in the ground now. Sure, it's bad news for him. But on the other hand, it's party time for all those little worms.

Bobby Deluxe posted:

It has 100% not, I claimed it last week on PS4.

That said, i'm starting to outgrow it. What's a good upgrade?

[code for Vectis] Must just be for ps4 then. Did not work right now for me on PC.

barren_sky
May 6, 2004

I just did an alert that awarded me 3000 Nano Spores. It was like a gift from heaven at this point in the game for me. I've had a bunch of blueprints waiting on them forever!

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

MJ12 posted:

Also remember that you can do an air melee, which gets you a slight impulse in the direction you're looking at, and you can also do an air slam, which instantly kills your forward momentum. Air slam is a really useful tool for precision platforming because it can turn an overshoot into a direct landing.

My most secret technique is using abilities with stationary casting animations while aim gliding.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

barren_sky posted:

I just did an alert that awarded me 3000 Nano Spores. It was like a gift from heaven at this point in the game for me. I've had a bunch of blueprints waiting on them forever!

It's really worth keeping an eye on the alerts when new, for exactly that reason. The game will only show you the ones you have unlocked the planets for though.

This:

https://deathsnacks.com/wf/index.html

will tell you everything that's currently available.

If you see some material you need (plastids most likely) or a mod you don't have, or a Vauban part, etc. somewhere you can't access yet then ask for a 'taxi' in goon chat. Someone can take you there, and will probably help you grab the stuff too if you're not quite up to that planet's level.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

xiansi posted:

It's really worth keeping an eye on the alerts when new, for exactly that reason. The game will only show you the ones you have unlocked the planets for though.

That's absolutely true, but word to the wise, please check what your Alert is on the Starmap before you jump in if it's from a planet you've completed.

For whatever ungodly reason, the Alert will not state if it's Nightmare Mode or not. Nightmare Mode adds modifiers to a mission that can ramp up the difficulty and catch you off guard. This can mean no shields for the entire mission, for instance.

I say that because today alone I ran into two Alerts on Earth, figured "oh nice" and brought whatever frame I just had on, only to realize I was put in with three Excaliburs still using MK1 weapons and I didn't have Oberon to babysit them properly or account for them going down every 30 seconds. We only managed to scrape by just so both times. They really, really ought to add a comment to the Alert itself whether it's Nightmare Mode or not. New players won't know at a glance from the rewards or map (and heck, despite all the useful goon advice I'm still dumb enough not to notice ahead of time, either), so it's an aggravating oversight.

Nasgate
Jun 7, 2011
Nightmare modes are all really dumb anyway. They're mostly a "do you have an immortal frame yet" thing.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

barren_sky posted:

Ask in clan when you need resources. There's usually someone that'll take you to farm way more than you'd need.

Ritznit posted:

For whatever ungodly reason, the Alert will not state if it's Nightmare Mode or not. Nightmare Mode adds modifiers to a mission that can ramp up the difficulty and catch you off guard. This can mean no shields for the entire mission, for instance.

Nightmare alerts are for nightmare mods. If you see an alert for a dual-stat mod (your lethal torrents/blazes/shreds), it's going to be a nightmare mode.

Sephyr
Aug 28, 2012

barren_sky posted:

Honestly. The game starts giving (and even requiring!) stuff that uses spores WAY before you get to where you can farm them.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me
If the alert reward is a nightmare mod (buffs two stats) then it's a nightmare mission. Bring something that can survive without shields.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Avulsion posted:

If the alert reward is a nightmare mod (buffs two stats) then it's a nightmare mission. Bring something that can survive without shields.

Inaros supremacy once again

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
That's a funny way of spelling Nidus :cthulhu:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indecisive
May 6, 2007

the alert doesnt show you the mod stats it just gives the mod name so basically you're supposed to wiki every alert before you do it which is pretty sicknasty UI design