Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

Obviously. They probably can't actually officially identify the show without opening up a legal can of worms.

Phobophilia posted:

lol is it back for good? the hype's over, no one's going to actually want it now, props to the person who managed to trade a pack for a car

It's still a one-off, out when it's out, limited edition deal. It's just that, instead of five packs, stores got between 3 and 5 cases of 200-ish packs each, and instead of one or two stores per state, every store in the US got some. Basically, it's being handled the same way any other promotional item would be, and probably the same way the original Mulan promotion was, minus the signage and TV commercials.

The person who traded a packet for a car did so AFTER McDonald's announced they'd be doing a proper run of the sauce, too, by the way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
I heard if McD's kept the sauce on permanently, it would deplete the entire world supply of Szechuans in like 4 weeks.

wargames
Mar 16, 2008

official yospos cat censor

GORDON posted:

I heard if McD's kept the sauce on permanently, it would deplete the entire world supply of Szechuans in like 4 weeks.

there are like 300 million people in the szechuan district in china i don't think they will be missed.

Kesper North
Nov 3, 2011

EMERGENCY POWER TO PARTY
I caved today and pulled into the drive-thru. When I ordered a four-piece she read off the list of sauces; Szechuan was the very last one on the list. "Sweet and sour, honey mustard, BBQ and... that weird one I can't pronounce."

"Szechuan!"

"Yeah! That. Thanks."

At the register, she referred to it as the "weird name sauce".

The sauce was forgettable; I felt it would have gone better with something else, but it really wasn't very flavorful and it was honestly overwhelmed by the nuggets. The nuggets, which I have not had since childhood, were terrifying in the perfection of their golden outer layer and the hollow, pasty textureless pap continained within. I begin to understand what the meat industry has to fear from vat-grown meat, because that seems like Step 1 on the list of Things To Replace. The inside of a chicken nugget is basically just enzyme-bonded protein slurry anyway. It's just... vat meat with extra steps.

HELLBITCH
Sep 15, 2017

bad at posting
You guys actually fell for it. You fell for the McDonalds double secret fake out marketing campaign

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hell yeah bitch

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I need to get mega famous to bring back McDonald’s sweet chili sauce now. That’s the poo poo right there.

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

Kesper North posted:

The sauce was forgettable

So, it's just an internet meme then.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Rexides posted:

So, it's just an internet meme then.
You know what's not an internet meme? 2 for 5 big macs. That's real. It's happening. You can trade any 2 big macs for 5 more big macs. They have to let you. You can stay at the store and build up a massive supply of big macs. 2 becomes 5, 4 becomes 10, 10 becomes 50, 50 becomes 250. And you can eat the spare from the first 2 for 5.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

FactsAreUseless posted:

You know what's not an internet meme? 2 for 5 big macs. That's real. It's happening. You can trade any 2 big macs for 5 more big macs. They have to let you. You can stay at the store and build up a massive supply of big macs. 2 becomes 5, 4 becomes 10, 10 becomes 50, 50 becomes 250. And you can eat the spare from the first 2 for 5.

Rick and Morty isn't just another internet meme-generating show, it IS the meme, Morty!

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

What I find funnier though is that, in a thread for a show with an alcoholic protagonist, when people mention "the sauce", they are literally just talking about sauce.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
When you think about it, Noob Noob is the ultimate fan insert. A misshapen weirdo who adores Rick even when he has to clean up Rick's poo poo and Rick completely forgets about him.

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

I've never tried the Mulan sauce, but if you like the nuggets, there is a deal for them on the McDs phone app right now.

I eat them once or twice a year... but it's always a dice roll: if they are fresh out the fryer, they are pretty good, but if they've been sitting around for more then a minute, they turn into greasy cardboard.

i am the bird posted:

When you think about it, Noob Noob is the ultimate fan insert. A misshapen weirdo who adores Rick even when he has to clean up Rick's poo poo and Rick completely forgets about him.

I love this, but technically it's we the audience who forgets about him.

EDIT: Well, ok, Rick forgets him after his drinking, but so do Morty and the rest of the Avengers.

Squashy Nipples fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Mar 1, 2018

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

OK, curiosity got the best of me, so I went and had some nuggets for lunch (thankfully, the nuggets were hot and fresh).

I agree, the sauce tastes much more like teriyaki then anything Szechuan. A little too sweet for my tastes, but then again, so are most of the nugget sauces. Smells strongly of soy sauce, with hints of ginger and toasted sesame oil. Nothing special, but not bad for a McDonald's product.

SpeakSlow
May 17, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Blackout Rick is basically like 4 of my friends from my drinking days.

gently caress that guy.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
So word on the street (writing staff) is that nobody has even started writing S4 yet and if we get episodes before late 2019 it will be a total miracle.

The dude from the article I read is a writer for Rick & Morty and was saying “I don’t know what the loving hold up is but apparently Adult Swim hasn’t even ordered more episodes yet.”

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

They're waiting to see how we handle this latest shipment of szechuan sauce, obvs.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius
If we can make it through this promotional period without some autist shouting "PIIIIIIICKLE RIIIIIIIIICK" at an unsuspecting 16 year old cashier, they will order more episodes.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
So I had 20 nugs (and dat sauce) for dinner. It was good imho. Tastes like a sweet teriyaki basically.

It's a step down from say, BBQ in terms of sweetness, which I like (I'm usually more of a ranch fan )but it's good.

They gave 3 packets which was more than enough, I put a third unused one in the fridge... maybe I should dip a PICKLLLLLEE in it. sorry

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Caganer posted:

So I had 20 nugs (and dat sauce) for dinner. It was good imho. Tastes like a sweet teriyaki basically.

It's a step down from say, BBQ in terms of sweetness, which I like (I'm usually more of a ranch fan )but it's good.

They gave 3 packets which was more than enough, I put a third unused one in the fridge... maybe I should dip a PICKLLLLLEE in it. sorry

Draw Rick's face on the pickle, take a picture of it dipped in the sauce, and post on Reddit

Proceed to get famous

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Trade the pickle for a house, presumably.

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Cojawfee posted:

If we can make it through this promotional period without some autist shouting "PIIIIIIICKLE RIIIIIIIIICK" at an unsuspecting 16 year old cashier, they will order more episodes.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Cojawfee posted:

Brb heading to McDonald's to do this exactly

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Cojawfee posted:

Lol, just lol if you think this hasn't happened a dozen times since you made this post.

Garfu
Mar 6, 2008

Much like buttholes, families are meant to be tight.
I had it, it was just OK. I ended up finished the 5 piece tendies with the honey mustard. Surprisingly the McD tendies are actually pretty good. First and last time though....

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

Typical posted:

Hello Goons. No word on rick and Morty stuff but please continue to watch our youtube channel about animation. Since I know you guys love cartoons so much. Today I have two things for you

I've been working on a personal project for a few months now. So please enjoy this 90 second short film I made.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wGjkZUqfAd0
That rack focus was the poo poo!

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

That rack focus was the poo poo!

Thank you. I had a lot of fun making that in after effects

SPEAKING OF WHICH, I know you guys are busy talking about the sauce,. but I would love to divert your attention for just a few moments, because we have 2 new animation videos, Guest starring ANOTHER RICK AND MORTY ARTIST :catdrugs:

Today we are going to draw some very cartoony RPG characters, with the help of Brianne Neumann, who is a background painter on Rick and Morty.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7SLJjVkKXU

And If you like to know how animation works. We have a very special After Effects tutorial all about P A R A L L A X I N G which is is a really cool "Fake 3D" effect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGC2HsCR_ls

Also please let me know if you hate these videos or what ever. I honestly post them here because as an RnM artist. if feels relevant, even though its in no way related to the show.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
I want to thank you for the second video. In two and a half minutes you did a better job of teaching me how to do parallax than a dozen (lovely) youtube tutorials.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 12:10 on Mar 7, 2018

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

I'd play that game.

Typical
Mar 19, 2007

Gorilla Salad posted:

I want to thank you for the second video. In two and a half minutes you did a better job of teaching me how to do parallax than a dozen (lovely) youtube tutorials.

Aye thank you. Theres obviously a bit more to know in terms of "how to click on x button" . but I really hate those long format videos with. and I just want to keep them short and entertaining.

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

Rexides posted:

I'd play that game.

Skip.

(just the text though, cause I'd play it too)

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."
Lovely videos, Typical. :)

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

https://youtu.be/EBYsx1QWF9A

Rexides
Jul 25, 2011

"It's a figure of speech, Morty, they are mobsters, I don't respect them!"

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

I’ve watched that video like 5 times. It fuckin owns drat bones.

Typical get them to animate the show like that for an episode holy fucccck

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

So, wait. What was with that Morty reveal at the end?

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

LividLiquid posted:

So, wait. What was with that Morty reveal at the end?

that particular rick has a few spare mortys or its a sex bot morty, dont think about it

Squashy Nipples
Aug 18, 2007

Cool video, but the music was terrible. I had to turn the sound down.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Squashy Nipples posted:

Lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Squashy Nipples posted:

:chloe: