Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I beat Capra Demon on my first try :smug:

I died like 20+ times to the gargoyles :saddowns:

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

RE6 is good and has the best combat system in the franchise IMO.

In Training posted:

7 doesnt have any side modes at all right? Thats lame
They're DLC. There's a card game, an escape the room game, a Dark Souls-esque mini game that's kind of eh, and two different raid/mercernaries-esque modes. Plus all the story DLC.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Endorph posted:

lol at how neon bright the capra demon location is

where'd you find this? is there a rotatable version?

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.
wait lol there's a card game?

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Looper posted:

where'd you find this? is there a rotatable version?

https://twitter.com/DriftItem/status/970353015357104128?s=19

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's with people dying at the hub

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

Help Im Alive posted:

Occasionally aggroing NPCs but probably mostly just people suiciding off of cliffs there to leave bloodstains which happens in every single Souls game, it's just like a meme at this point.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Help Im Alive posted:

Some of Those are soapstones

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

goferchan posted:

wait lol there's a card game?

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/21

It's a standalone scenario where you're tied to a chair and forced to play a card game, like something out of a Saw movie.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

haveblue posted:

http://residentevil.wikia.com/wiki/21

It's a standalone scenario where you're tied to a chair and forced to play a card game, like something out of a Saw movie.

Kind of cool but also kind of disappointing when I was hoping for RE7 Triple Triad

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Ritualistic suicide is one of my favorite things about the bloodstain system. Two spots that stand out to me;

-DS2: When you leave the tutorial area you will come across a cavern wall with tons of bloodstains in front of it. This is the first spot in the game where bloodstains can appear, so tons of people commit sepukku with Alonne's katana there.
-Bloodborne: The lifeless doll in the Abandoned Workshop is covered in bloodstains. The only way to die here is to commit suicide, so its just people sacrificing themselves to their waifu doll to freak out new players that stumble upon it.

Shindragon
Jun 6, 2011

by Athanatos
I still remember Demon Souls and the Nexus hub in the beginning had so many blood spots it was confusing at first.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

goferchan posted:

Kind of cool but also kind of disappointing when I was hoping for RE7 Triple Triad
It's pretty fun though tbh.

Songbearer
Jul 12, 2007

Fuck you say?
Man I don't have time for weak rear end card games gently caress a Gwent who'd do that lame-rear end poo poo when there's stuff to sword

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

gwent employs the sharpest sword of all, the mind, which is also the battlescape in which it takes place

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Who would win in a card game duel, Geralt or Squall?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Squall turns all of his cards into performance enhancing drugs

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
And Geralt is usually always on something strong enough to kill a horse so I guess it evens out.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Accordion Man posted:

fei fong wong comes in and smashes both their asses

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
But mysteriously disappears after half of the duel

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Accordion Man posted:

A ten year old with a fancy cell phone curbstomps both of them

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Looper posted:

A ten year old with a fancy cell phone curbstomps both of them

drat, the kid from telefang came a long way

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

the best part of kotor2 is the cut line where hk-47 and atton decide t3-m4 is cheating at cards and threaten to shoot him if he magically has another winning hand, and then he wins another round of cards and leaps out the loading ramp

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

They should make more good star wars games instead of all the bad ones they make

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
They should make good scifi games in original settings instead because Star Wars is a bloated corpse at this point.

EDIT: Or make good Warhammer 40K games that I would eagerly buy because I'm a hypocritical nerd

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Ready Player 1: The Book: The Movie: The Game

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

When I saw Tracer was in the Ready Player One trailer, I knew it was going to be bad.

Also all the other stuff

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

From Soft, sick of people says that 'Dark Souls isn't anime', create Slave Knight Gael the most anime boss in history.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Samuringa posted:

Ready Player 1: The Book: The Movie: The Game
would that be a fighting game, a smash bros, a dota, or a battle royale

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

homeless snail posted:

It would be everything you remember is the best, at once!!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Sakurazuka posted:

From Soft, sick of people says that 'Dark Souls isn't anime', create Slave Knight Gael the most anime boss in history.

I mean forget about DS3, the first game in the series had this as the final boss;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3XZvfdVgBw

Its always been anime as hell. People who say it isn't anime are thinking 'Sailor Moon' when they should be thinking 'Berserk'.

homeless snail posted:

It would be a gmod map and it already exists.

Internet Kraken fucked around with this message at 02:35 on Mar 5, 2018

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

That fight isn’t anime. If it were anime, Allant would be yelling what he calls his moves before performing them

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

When Bonfire Side Chat covered Berserk it was like "poo poo, From, have you ever had an original idea?"

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Internet Kraken posted:

I mean forget about DS3, the first game in the series had this as the final boss;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U3XZvfdVgBw

Its always been anime as hell. People who say it isn't anime are thinking 'Sailor Moon' when they should be thinking 'Berserk'.

Well obviously Berserk isn't anime.

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord

Sakurazuka posted:

If anyone seriously thinks this they're hilarious, because Dark Souls has always been blatantly inspired by Berserk.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

After my Bloodborne playthrough I want to go play Dark Souls for the first time. I feel like at this point I should wait for the remaster though

Edit: Should I buy Super Mario Cereal

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Mar 5, 2018

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

After my Bloodborne playthrough I want to go play Dark Souls for the first time. I feel like at this point I should wait for the remaster though

Edit: Should I buy Super Mario Cereal

The remaster is pretty soon so yeah you should wait for that. Much more multiplayer activity that way.

As for the cereal, do you like Lucky Charms because its basically just that

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I can’t wait to see what the Lost Izalith lava looks like in the remaster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Jay Rust posted:

I can’t wait to see what the Lost Izalith lava looks like in the remaster

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWFF7ecArBk