Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

i'm glad y'all have found a way to assert how cool you are lmao

:jerkbag:

Dw we'll go back to opportunities to assert how lame you are soon enough

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

SeXReX posted:

Dw we'll go back to opportunities to assert how lame you are soon enough

How about GDQ submissions, then? If you missed Phase 1 of registration for the 15 actual minutes it was open before all 1000 slots filled then, tough poo poo. I didn't, so I'm good.

I'm submitting these, what are you lot doing?

also sorry Studio that's 5 game slots Monolith is definitely a no go

edit: good tweet

https://twitter.com/BIGHONKINBURGER/status/970190234003546112

SuccinctAndPunchy fucked around with this message at 08:08 on Mar 4, 2018

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

How about GDQ submissions, then? If you missed Phase 1 of registration for the 15 actual minutes it was open before all 1000 slots filled then, tough poo poo. I didn't, so I'm good.

I'm submitting these, what are you lot doing?

This is like maybe the most pathetic post you’ve ever made

e: :jerkbag:

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

Das Butterbrot posted:

did you guys even listen to his explanation? his friend had a panic attack AFTER the effects of the edible wore off, not because of it

as i understood it, it went kinda like:

guy has anxiety problems
eats weed to help him chill
works fine
weed stops working
anxiety comes back in full force, PANIC

i'm sure bubbles, the person who thought drugging another guy in a state where drugs are illegal at a charity event, was a good idea, has a complete understanding of that man's physiological reactions to trying marijuana for the first time

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
Lol at “drugging another guy” are you serious

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
The only clutch move is on those pearls.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

timp posted:

This is like maybe the most pathetic post you’ve ever made

pardon me for wanting to talk about speedruns instead of the kind of dorks who would post in a speedrun thread and watch speedruns talking about how much totally cooler they are than these nerds they spend time watching on the internet are about pot

like lol if you think anyone buys it for a nanosecond

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
You’re misinterpreting posts so hard lol good lord

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004
Let's get back to posting about what matters: LttP Randomizer

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i wish i didn't know that goose guy was some maga rear end in a top hat cuz he puts out pretty regular and good videos.

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Das Butterbrot posted:

did you guys even listen to his explanation? his friend had a panic attack AFTER the effects of the edible wore off, not because of it

as i understood it, it went kinda like:

guy has anxiety problems
eats weed to help him chill
works fine
weed stops working
anxiety comes back in full force, PANIC

good story, but the most likely thing that happened was dude ate edibles and since he wasn't used to bubbles' maximum strength medicinal edibles he had way too much and freaked the gently caress out. Because that is a thing that happens when you use drugs irresponsibly. That and then calling the cops and saying "I ate pot edibles I think I'm dying" is like intro to edibles 101.

Doorknob Slobber fucked around with this message at 18:38 on Mar 4, 2018

Nep-Nep
May 15, 2004

Just one more thing!

Modus Pwnens posted:

Let's get back to posting about what matters: LttP Randomizer

Had a run that was PB pace for the normal open category but I opened the first chest in ice palace and there was a pot leaf inside and I got banned from Ganon's Tower.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Groovelord Neato posted:

i wish i didn't know that goose guy was some maga rear end in a top hat cuz he puts out pretty regular and good videos.
:same:

it's a real shame

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

Doorknob Slobber posted:

That and then calling the cops and saying "I ate pot edibles I think I'm dying" is like intro to edibles 101.

Where did you get that from?

802.11weed
May 9, 2007

no
Speedrun thread gettin' the gold split on lovely derail

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Pisstest all speedrunners.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Personally I only use overpriced snake-oil nootropics from Joe Rogan's website for my speedrun abilities.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Less weed chat, more speedruns

The Useful Dead is $2 and a good speedgame and has the best speed trick.

KennyMan666 fucked around with this message at 23:57 on Mar 4, 2018

Odd
Dec 30, 2006

I think everybody just needs to maybe cool out a little maybe
did anyone miss the Best of NES Big 20? Good news there's at least one runner still trying to get through it https://www.twitch.tv/infinitemystery

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

KennyMan666 posted:

Less weed chat, more speedruns

The Useful Dead is $2 and a good speedgame and has the best speed trick.

So, Life Goes On but shorter and less questionable hitboxes perhaps?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

grand theft grotto posted:

Had a run that was PB pace for the normal open category but I opened the first chest in ice palace and there was a pot leaf inside and I got banned from Ganon's Tower.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Wow, sure am seeing a lot of complaints in Twitch chat about the new ToS from people with pepe emotes and names like "dadboddeplorable69" :thunk:

Artic Puma
Jun 22, 2007

Chef Curry with the pot, boy!
I can't wait until doping becomes an issue in speed running. What drugs would be good for speed running, maybe beta blockers to help control nerves?

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

Artic Puma posted:

I can't wait until doping becomes an issue in speed running. What drugs would be good for speed running, maybe beta blockers to help control nerves?

The Human Element

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN
I hear crack let's you wiggletron at like 600rpm.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Artic Puma posted:

this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-6nkJgDEok

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Modus Pwnens posted:

Where did you get that from?
There's a lot of stories out there from people trying edibles for the first time, being confused by it seemingly not working immediately, having more than they should then getting hit like a truck by the effects and not feeling very good at all for a while. I can easily see someone without any past experience panicking and thinking they've just poisoned themselves or overdosed or whatever and calling for help.

In actual speedrun news, some new clipping tricks have been found in Doom 64 that involve using the impact sprites drawn by the Super Shotgun to generate lag that can be used to exploit the collision detection (DK64 style?) and pass through thin bars. This can apparently save around 2-3 minutes throughout the course of a run.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vnM_isD0bf8

TOOT BOOT
May 25, 2010

People actually do abuse things like adderal in esports. It's not talked about a whole lot but a pill that makes you super focused when $100,000 is on the line is an advantage.

Dancer
May 23, 2011

DACK FAYDEN posted:

Wow, sure am seeing a lot of complaints in Twitch chat about the new ToS from people with pepe emotes and names like "dadboddeplorable69" :thunk:

Where da pastebin at?

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRqs9Z7AFaA

Dancer
May 23, 2011

WTF is that crazy momentum at the end of chapter 2?

Swilo
Jun 2, 2004
ANIME SUCKS HARD
:dukedog:

this owns

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
lol

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
im starting to get into speedrun vids and i was wondering if theres any way to make playlists on twitch so i can bookmark stuff i find on speedrun.com and then watch em later through the app on my ps3. ive been doing that with runs that are uploaded on youtube but i made an account on twitch and pushed the heart button, but i guess that just follows the account?

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

I don't think twitch has any way for a user to make a playlist like that. I could be wrong.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Well that's lovely

GNU Order
Feb 28, 2011

That's a paddlin'

This is the year that a real Roundabout run gets into a GDQ. I believe.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Any good recommendations for entertaining speedruns of games that were never really intended to be played quickly, or that have some crazy sequence-breaking flaw that makes them an unlikely favorite of streamers?

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

GNU Order posted:

This is the year that a real Roundabout run gets into a GDQ. I believe.

please no.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Renegret
May 26, 2007

THANK YOU FOR CALLING HELP DOG, INC.

YOUR POSITION IN THE QUEUE IS *pbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbt*

Cat Army Sworn Enemy
It's not a real roundabout run unless it includes all the cutscenes.