Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nenonen posted:

I don't eat bacon these four words will trigger any true conservative out there

Here's a sort of basilisk that will trigger literally any ultra hard-right bigoted person (including those who claim not to be): I only eat steak well done.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cloud Potato
Jan 9, 2011

"I'm... happy!"
:britain:

Observer:

"Set MPs free, says Sir John - Chris Riddell on the former prime minister’s call for a free vote on Brexit or a second referendum"

Sunday Telegraph:

Oscars 2018: What to expect from this year's ceremony

Independent on Sunday:

Sunday Times:

Crunch Buttsteak
Feb 26, 2007

You think reality is a circle of salt around my brain keeping witches out?

What's great about this one is that Huckabee was on the board for less than a day before backing down. He knew all of this was coming, but still needed to actually be a member for at least a few hours in order for the "they forced me out!" narrative to stick. And, of course, every Evangelical organization immediately fired off "see who the real intolerant ones are now? :smug:" thinkpieces.

Mistaken For Bacon
Apr 26, 2003

Randalor posted:

I've "triggered" people by saying I prefer turkey bacon over pork bacon. For some reason, people get really upset over that.

hello

Axe-man
Apr 16, 2005

The product of hundreds of hours of scientific investigation and research.

The perfect meatball.
Clapping Larry

SwingShift posted:

This is true friendship and trust. Ruining each other's hair over and over and still trusting enough to go 'yeah, I think I'll ask her to cut it tomorrow'.

The definition of insanity!

Apple Pie Hubbub
Feb 14, 2012

Take that, you greedy jerk!
Is Chantel a presenter this year?

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

Here's a sort of basilisk that will trigger literally any ultra hard-right bigoted person (including those who claim not to be): I only eat steak well done.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Its pretty telling that the only cold comfort a conservative has is in the hope that their actions piss off their enemies while they rot away in wage slavery, lose more and more rights and are essentially not even real chattel to the GOP to be considered as prey or as beasts of burden to produce anything. Just some detritus that probably should be eventually kicked out to make room for a robot factory or illegal labor.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

A... Background? This is where he actually draws something else?

Keiya
Aug 22, 2009

Come with me if you want to not die.

This is the best Prickly City I've ever seen. Granted, that just means it's vaugely interesting while scrolling down, but still, good on them!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

QED

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
"Actually drew something for its visual medium" is a tragically low bar that Prickly City only manages to pass once or twice a year.

Tibalt
May 14, 2017

What, drawn, and talk of peace! I hate the word, As I hate hell, all Montagues, and thee

Apple Pie Hubbub posted:

Is Chantel a presenter this year?
Weinstein was sexually harassing oscar winners Uma Thurman and Angelina Jolie. What powerhouse woman of the industry is this suppose to represent that could have done anything about the situation, Helen Mirren? Meryl Streep? Rose McGowan put herself at great professional and financial peril by her actions, and I'd bet dollar to donuts we still don't see her face for 10 years after this all settles down, if she ever gets Hollywood work again.

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

Tibalt posted:

Weinstein was sexually harassing oscar winners Uma Thurman and Angelina Jolie. What powerhouse woman of the industry is this suppose to represent that could have done anything about the situation, Helen Mirren? Meryl Streep? Rose McGowan put herself at great professional and financial peril by her actions, and I'd bet dollar to donuts we still don't see her face for 10 years after this all settles down, if she ever gets Hollywood work again.

"Bad things happened to them because they decided to be actresses!" The duck slurs as he downs more whiskey sours trying to conveniently forget Trump just killed his share holdings.

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

-Almost Certainly A Fox News Viewer For Years

Shai-Hulud
Jul 10, 2008

But it feels so right!
Lipstick Apathy

Even when he's drawing a crazy fantasy world it's still the same loving desert.

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Cloud Potato posted:

Stephen Collins:

Sandpuppy
Jun 16, 2012

Social Abscess
of the
Universe

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

Dinosaur Gum

A red swastika in front of a bull? Oh please, by all means, old cartoon joke. Continue on to show me a Nazi gored on a bulls horns.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Tibalt posted:

This is the thing. Because it didn't happen to literally every single one of them, those that were spared HAD to have been in on it. It's Meryl Streep's fault, not Weinstein's. Sure she would have known that the culture was pervy to some degree, because everyone did, and there were certainly a ton of enablers, but that doesn't mean she knew just how bad it actually was because it didn't happen to her. Same with Jennifer Lawrence. She admitted she wasn't harassed by him and everyone interpreted it as her defending him.

And gently caress Drunk Duck. He's been arguing sexual harassment in the workplace was all lies for MONTHS now. He doesn't get to all of a sudden say that it did happen and every non-victim is an enabler.

Gynocentric Regime
Jun 9, 2010

by Cyrano4747

I love Ann, but the President doesn't take that oath. :eng101:

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde

Jedit posted:

Haven't heard of them. I was thinking more Mary Gauthier, Rhiannon Giddens, Wilco, Whiskeytown, Cowboy Junkies, Calexico, etc etc.
Lol... keep it that way for your sanity.

PL is Goonswarm's long-time nemesis in a terrible game of internet spaceships. The running joke is that just about every goonswarm player has at least one alt running in PL or P.Horde (its newbie faction) and visa-versa.

Edit: the game was also one of Vile Rat's other loves. Linking a couple of tributes because goddamit now I've got a tear in my eye...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzBGHNzGi8M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWMNlEdRCw8

Shoot Blues - Tell Vile Rat

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Mar 5, 2018

Raised By Birds
May 5, 2013
Today: "The Oscar for ______" 'toons.

Tomorrow: Why do these celebrities keep sticking their politics in things!? Just say "thanks Mom" and sit down!!

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

Glazier posted:

I love Ann, but the President doesn't take that oath. :eng101:

.......huh.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.

Keiya posted:

This is the best Prickly City I've ever seen. Granted, that just means it's vaugely interesting while scrolling down, but still, good on them!

and that's 100% because they're ripping off George Herriman

not even crediting him either, for shame

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Zivilyn Bane posted:

Today: "The Oscar for ______" 'toons.

Tomorrow: Why do these celebrities keep sticking their politics in things!? Just say "thanks Mom" and sit down!!

Or "oh yeah, libs? well Hollywood glorifies violence and misogyny! Owned!" while we all nod our heads, yeah, they do, that's our point...

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Hollywood sometimes gives minority voices some attention so they're godless commie far left extremists. It's definitely not just a conglomerate of a ton of people of varying backgrounds with power who'll put out whatever they think can make money.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Lurdiak posted:

Hollywood sometimes gives minority voices some attention so they're godless commie far left extremists. It's definitely not just a conglomerate of a ton of people of varying backgrounds with power who'll put out whatever they think can make money.
I thought at the top level it was mostly people with similar backgrounds.

FronzelNeekburm
Jun 1, 2001

STOP, MORTTIME

How kind of her to print the President's revised tweet.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Time for some bad rats.

Bevin wanted NCAA players to be paid. Yes, Ratman is against paying college athletes because...they're bad? They'll throw games because they no longer need to perform well since they'll have that sweet NCAA money coming in for four years? gently caress if I know.

This is a Kelly cartoon.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Tech Savvy Seniors
Rude, Ignorant Youths

King Possum III
Feb 15, 2016

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

Step away from the pen you piece of poo poo.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Internet Kraken posted:

Tech Savvy Seniors

Literally just about to suggest this exact phrase.

MageMage
Feb 11, 2007

I SUCK AND LOVE TO YELL PERFORMATIVE HOT TAKES AND NONSENSE LIES WHEN I GET WORKED UP. SOMETIMES AUTOBANNED IS BETTER. MAYBE ONE DAY WHEN I STORM OFF I'LL ACTUALLY STOP SHITTING UP THE SITE FOR REAL

This is really sweet and good and cool and uplifting and I admire the artist for doing this. I have never seen such trans related beauty on the internet in years.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Meatloaf rules: https://youtu.be/Q9hLcRU5wE4

Hihohe
Oct 4, 2008

Fuck you and the sun you live under

I wanna be friends with Zeldas dad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trogdos!
Jul 11, 2009

A DRAGON POKEMAN
well technically a water/flying type

Garrison posted:

Its Oscar season and so I decided to draw a cartoon featuring a few rather more accurate awards for the degenerate left that Hollywood has become.

Also featured are two mini-awards. One for the inevitable gun-grabbing speech and another one to be awarded to YouTube for their blatant and disgusting silencing of conservative voices that Hillary and the left so much desire. Speaking of guns, 500 armed policeman will be at the even to guard the precious hides of those attending who want you to give up your own guns.

I drew the charming Harvey Weinstein as the biggest Oscar because he’s selflessly helped so many talented young starlets become successful. He’s shown next to his enabler, Meryl Streep. For decades she has been a friend of the capacious, towel-wearing liberal-minded producer whom she once called “God,” but she later said (Sergeant Schulz-like) that she ‘knew nothing’ about Weinstein’s constant and lurid sexcapades. Apparently she’d rather pull on her pussy hat and lambast Trump than denounce Weinstein.

Other female stars did denounce him—but only after they achieved the fame and money that they were after.

Such hypocrisy was further underlined when Roman Polanski was given an Oscar for ‘Best Director’ a few years back. Polanski couldn’t be there to accept the award personally because he’s wanted for the rape of a 13 year-old girl. Yet Streep and many others gave him a hearty standing ovation.

Why not give Woody Allen and Kevin Spacey more awards, too? After all, the left is allowed all sorts of moral transgressions and they’re still applauded. Remember, Hollywood continued their love fest with Bill Clinton even after he took advantage of a young intern in the oval office. Not to mention all of his sexual assaults. Give Bill an Oscar, for ‘Best Rapist and President!’

Just a few things to keep in mind when watching the star-studded stage.

—Ben Garrison