Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

poster/post combo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

He nutted in the lady.

Dude McAwesome
Sep 30, 2004

Still better than a Ponytar

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

He nutted in the lady.

Woah fella don’t get ahead of yourself

Anyone could have nutted in that nice lady

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Dude McAwesome posted:

Woah fella don’t get ahead of yourself

Anyone could have nutted in that nice lady

It's true, he said so himself.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005
I know we're reasonably anti Jordies since he went off the angry zealot deep end but his take on Xenophon is reasonably educational, particularly in terms of summarising his voting history vs politiking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gKw1Qp-fv_U

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Barnaby Joyce, cuckold?

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

G-Spot Run posted:

I know we're reasonably anti Jordies since he went off the angry zealot deep end but his take on Xenophon is reasonably educational, particularly in terms of summarising his voting history vs politiking.

*sponsored by the Australian Labor Party*

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice

G-Spot Run posted:

FJ showed up in my Youtube suggested videos list recently, spruiking Jordan Peterson. A wholly unsurprising reveal.

Recoome
Nov 9, 2013

Matter of fact, I'm salty now.

Just posting from the past to say that it's ironic that Daisy is mad rapping this brand, as this brand regularly exploits the models they use, and basically is straight up racist.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
I think he tried a similarly puerile self help grift tour called "Chin Up, Stooge". Friendly Jordy B. Peterson is an odd pivot

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

She looks like a young Bronwyn Bishop in the top photo

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Recoome posted:

Just posting from the past to say that it's ironic that Daisy is mad rapping this brand, as this brand regularly exploits the models they use, and basically is straight up racist.

I had to do tech support at their factory here and they seemed to be about as good/poo poo as any other sweatshop

what else have they been up to

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

Recoome posted:

no that seems pretty on brand for Daisey

bet she does it because it 'triggers lefties'

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again
drat. Retail Food Group, Doughnut Time and Aussie Farmers direct all going under in one day.

Seems like a pretty crazy day for retail food businesses and suppliers.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Lid posted:

Criticism of TERF is applied to second wave exclusively but white feminist criticisms of third wave exist though not as pronounced or severe than against second wave. Third wave feminism was the early gestation of intersectionality so while it exists it isn't as pronounced as the fourth wave, alongside arguments of feminism and social class/caste. Its most often expressed in brief "their hearts in the right place but they're ignorant."

Full disclosure i'm a third waver.

Sorry but any movement more recent than Wollstonecroft is actually a deviant heresy.

*spelling

DancingShade fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 5, 2018

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Opposition Leader Steven Marshall has admitted Chinese mining magnate Sally Zou has been to his house, but stressed he had not received any personal gifts from her.

This morning Mr Marshall faced further questioning over a potential $1.2 million donation from Ms Zou, which she tweeted about last week.

Now, more information about the $1,212,018 cheque has emerged — it appears to be the same date as Mr Marshall's birthday.

DancingShade
Jul 26, 2007

by Fluffdaddy

Anidav posted:

Opposition Leader Steven Marshall has admitted Chinese mining magnate Sally Zou has been to his house, but stressed he had not received any personal gifts from her.

This morning Mr Marshall faced further questioning over a potential $1.2 million donation from Ms Zou, which she tweeted about last week.

Now, more information about the $1,212,018 cheque has emerged — it appears to be the same date as Mr Marshall's birthday.

Insert the usual and completely futile "Federal ICAC now" comment here.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Recoome posted:

Do you have a link for this? I'm trying to get my wife to stop buying d'amour ("I only buy their shoes!").

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Premier Xenophon

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

GoldStandardConure posted:

no that seems pretty on brand for Daisey

bet she does it because it 'triggers lefties'

I was about to say, there's nothing ironic about Daisy's support. I found this more troubling:

https://twitter.com/cutequeer96/status/826707921643806720

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

drat. Retail Food Group, Doughnut Time and Aussie Farmers direct all going under in one day.

Seems like a pretty crazy day for retail food businesses and suppliers.

Tell me more about this?

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Aussie Farmers were uncompetitive, Retail Food Group had their shares drop heavily, and Doughnut Time is being sold off.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

tithin posted:

Tell me more about this?

Retail food group got caught ripping off franchisers and not paying employees and closed trading back in December. Trading reopened today and stock went from 5 bux to 1 dollar and will probably tumble further tomorrow into the abyss.

Doughnut Time just said they ran out of money and all the stores are gonna close.

Same for Aussie Farmers Direct owners just got up and left into bankruptcy.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Uh basically don't invest in doughnuts

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

The sad thing about Aussie farmers is that it'll hit actual farmers who probably won't get a nice reception from the supermarkets they spurned. They also sourced locally for much of their produce which means the pain is spread pretty far. I used them for a while but their deliveries were just too unreliable.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

50c/L milk incoming

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anidav posted:

Retail food group got caught ripping off franchisers and not paying employees and closed trading back in December. Trading reopened today and stock went from 5 bux to 1 dollar and will probably tumble further tomorrow into the abyss.

Doughnut Time just said they ran out of money and all the stores are gonna close.

Same for Aussie Farmers Direct owners just got up and left into bankruptcy.

RFG ripping off their franchisers was not unknown in the industry, my UNNAMED employer has a preferred franchise system that have lesser requirements for finance if you're doing one of these franchises and RFG were explicitly not on that list.

Hadn't heard about them getting caught though.

missus and I wanted to use aussie farmers direct, but they didn't deliver to our street even though we were two streets away from someone who could get deliveries, so gently caress em.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

ewe2 posted:

I was about to say, there's nothing ironic about Daisy's support. I found this more troubling:

https://twitter.com/cutequeer96/status/826707921643806720

Please don't dox my twitter username

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

RFG closing is a death kneel for branded cafes though. I wonder how long till Coffee Club carks it

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I fail to see how. RFG are a pump em and dump em franchiser. They buy groups, trash their value for quick returns.

bandaid.friend
Apr 25, 2017

:obama:My first car was a stick:obama:
Turnbull turned up at Sydney Mardi Gras and took a selfie with Cher. Cher says she didn't know about Turnbull's history

https://www.pedestrian.tv/news/part-worm-part-man-all-rear end in a top hat/

quote:

Nothing is more emblematic of Turnbull’s particular brand of shittiness than this – knowingly putting queer people through months of hell to save his position as PM only to try act like he is a supporter of and part of the community. He wants the credit without having done any of the work and, summarily, can go gently caress himself.
The queer community exists as a distinct entity from Australia at large because queerness has historically existed in an atmosphere of prejudice enforced by both social norms and by institutionalised discrimination, both of which Turnbull’s actions have only served to further entrench. The queer community exists a safe space by necessity because of people like him and the Coalition, it is not his place to celebrate in that space.

https://twitter.com/TurnbullMalcolm/status/969874682089373697
https://twitter.com/cher/status/969899770008317952
https://twitter.com/cher/status/970128629576314880

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Yeah but after these guys go under there's what, Coffee Club, Zaraffas, Star Bucks?

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

Anecdotal, but the few business financials for Coffee Club and Zaraffas I've seen are fine.

Starbucks is out of segment for me, their lending tends towards the 7/8 figure range.

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Anidav posted:

Yeah but after these guys go under there's what, Coffee Club, Zaraffas, Star Bucks?

Just go to regular non-franchised cafes.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
There's like four Coffee Clubs in the Penrith area and the newest one was considering being open for dinner just to make ends meet.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

I'm not saying I'm using them I just note a trend

KennyTheFish
Jan 13, 2004

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Just go to regular non-franchised cafes.

or move to Adelaide, one Cibo to rule them all.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Anidav posted:

I'm not saying I'm using them I just note a trend

When people stop splashing out for food, there is definitely a trend, guess which one.

The Peccadillo
Mar 4, 2013

We Have Important Work To Do
What racist stuff has Daisy's dressmaker been saying?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hiddenmovement
Sep 29, 2011

"Most mornings I'll apologise in advance to my wife."

ewe2 posted:

When people stop splashing out for food, there is definitely a trend, guess which one.

Is it one where manufacturers of ramen, tins of soup and porridge do really really well?

• Locked thread