Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!

Vengarr posted:

Nero is appropriately awesome for this stage.

Team Waifu Laifu (Tamamo, Nero, Nero Bride) absolutely wrecked this stage - I was doing everything suboptimally because I was tired, and I still finished with no deaths and everyone around half health. Tamamo still had her NP too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Gologle posted:

Don't get a head of yourself, plenty of people in this thread like Sanson. But he takes very precise execution to git gud at because of his weird niche.
I'd say he has a lot more precise executions to look forward to as well.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Martha gets Buster Card Up for 1 Turn on her NP and the usual increased damage.

Wow. Buster Up. For the one other Buster card she has.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Pureauthor posted:

Martha gets Buster Card Up for 1 Turn on her NP and the usual increased damage.

Wow. Buster Up. For the one other Buster card she has.
if she applies it before her np its just another damage increase on her np basically

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
And with the spamability of her deck, it makes her NP more usable too. Gonna stack those def downs :getin:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Isn't her NP pretty terrible for damage? Edit: I suppose nobody ever said no to extra damage at least.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
Which is what her strengthening is addressing for the most part.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
don't mock martha

she'll beat you up

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
I mean, the worst thing about Martha is her NP, so it's just kind of a weird buff to me. You use her because she can stick around for a while, throw mud in the enemy's face, and keep other folks standing, not because she does a lot of damage (only 8000 attack without Fous).

But then again the additional problem is Riders are so in general good it's hard to think of anyone to give a buff to. Gold Riders in general don't need the help. If you're gonna buff some gold Rider, might as well be Marie and Martha, who have been kinda lagging behind for a while. Still hoping against hope tomorrow's an across-the-board Instinct buff. Everyone getting different effects, of course.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Clawtopsy posted:

not sure how to feel about a grailed sanson...........

:colbert:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Marie and Sanson is my otp

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

Marie and Sanson is my otp

its marie/jeanne

even amadeus is better than sanson/marie

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Man, I hope the Unknown 5* buff is cool because I am batting zero on my wishlist for this strengthening series.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

unknown 5* will be a lion costume for seiba

GAO!

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart
Oh hey, 20 quartz for my 250th login. Any good banners coming soon?

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012
Waver, Avenger, and Saber Alter took that quest down handily. I was a bit worried since Waver and Saber needed to NP to clear the second wave, but Waver survived a big hit from Caligula with 8 HP and Caligula himself went down very quickly to focus fire.

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice

RanKizama posted:

If we follow the JP schedule we're getting America banners, DaVinci's event and Fate Zero over the next couple of months.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

RanKizama posted:

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Pierson posted:

If we follow the JP schedule we're getting America banners, DaVinci's event and Fate Zero over the next couple of months.
Ah, America brings Cu Alter and Medb. I'll go in on that .

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

RanKizama posted:

Ah, America brings Cu Alter and Medb. I'll go in on that .
Not unless you're rolling in the story gacha. Nightingale is first up. Medb and Cu Alter get banners like more than a month later.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
That said, the JPN London gachas were spread out but in NA they got squished together to overlap, so it's still a bit up in the air what they'll do with America.

RanKizama
Apr 22, 2015

Shinobi Heart

Nate RFB posted:

Not unless you're rolling in the story gacha. Nightingale is first up. Medb and Cu Alter get banners like more than a month later.
Ah, I'll wait for that then. Nightingale's art makes me actively not want to roll for her. I've also already got Lancelot, Frankie, and TamaCat for Berserkers.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.
I did the event last night before bed with a team of Saber Alter, Nero Cola Classic and Nursery Rhyme. Used Rhyme's NP to weaken the second wave, then finished it off with regular attacks while building her NP back up. Third wave was annihilated by Laus St. Claudius > Nursery Rhyme > Excalibur Morgan.

Tonight is double Ruler night, isn't it?

Pierson
Oct 31, 2004

College Slice
Yeah according to the reddit guide tonight is:

Round 1: Wyvern Evil (lv33 Caster) 10,2k HP Wyvern Evil (lv36 Caster) 11,2k HP Wyvern Evil (lv33 Caster) 10,2k HP
Round 2: Wyvern Origin (lv58 Rider) 203,2k HP - -
Round 3: Amakusa Shirou (lv85 Ruler) 143,5k HP Jeanne d'Arc (lv88 Ruler) 172,5k HP)

I'm just gonna burn command seals on Dantes to wipe out Amakusa before he can get up to any bullshit with his buff-stripping NP.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Wave 2 Wyvern is apparently something you basically have to instant kill with Shiki to have a shot, otherwise it will be super annoying.

Also don't forget, Amakusa's NP cannot be blocked or evaded under any circumstances. Kill that dude first!!

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Sylphid posted:

I mean, the worst thing about Martha is her NP, so it's just kind of a weird buff to me. You use her because she can stick around for a while, throw mud in the enemy's face, and keep other folks standing, not because she does a lot of damage (only 8000 attack without Fous).

Martha's multiplier increase plus new buff makes for a 60% damage increase at NP1 (less at higher levels because of diminishing returns for each 100% you add to the base NP multiplier), putting her in "mediocre" rather than "terrible", while retaining a decent level of spammability. It's not too bad.

Raven9686
Feb 17, 2012

Pierson posted:

Round 1: Wyvern Evil (lv33 Caster) 10,2k HP Wyvern Evil (lv36 Caster) 11,2k HP Wyvern Evil (lv33 Caster) 10,2k HP
Round 3: Amakusa Shirou (lv85 Ruler) 143,5k HP Jeanne d'Arc (lv88 Ruler) 172,5k HP)

Goddamn this sounds like a rough fight. So basically this when it starts getting really hard right?

Taciturn Tactician
Jan 27, 2011

The secret to good health is a balanced diet and unstable healing radiation
Lipstick Apathy

:hfive:

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

Raven9686 posted:

Goddamn this sounds like a rough fight. So basically this when it starts getting really hard right?
It is, but cs dante’s np will make it easy.

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

I'm glad Sanson chopped Marie's head off

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
kintoki and tamamo is kinda shoe-horned in the last minute of london, eh?

apparently londonium is also a thing

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Wuxi posted:

I'm glad Sanson chopped Marie's head off

A take hotter than the fire that incinerated the human history.

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Sanson/Marie is canon, don't at me.

Kyte
Nov 19, 2013

Never quacked for this

Tired Moritz posted:

kintoki and tamamo is kinda shoe-horned in the last minute of london, eh?

apparently londonium is also a thing
Not Londonium, Londinium.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Londinium

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

http://www.siliconera.com/2018/03/05/fate-grand-order-getting-board-game-collectible-figures/

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

I'm not sure who I should be running with Ryougi Shiki. I like to bring Waver as Support for that sweet NP gain, but my middle slot just kind of alternates between Hans, Tamamo Cat, and Astolfo cause :shrug:

taser rates
Mar 30, 2010
Hans is a fine choice. Waver/Shiki is already arts-centric which Hans slots into, plus he can feed Shiki stars and buff her crit damage.

Little Abigail
Jul 21, 2011

College Slice

100 degrees Calcium posted:

I'm not sure who I should be running with Ryougi Shiki. I like to bring Waver as Support for that sweet NP gain, but my middle slot just kind of alternates between Hans, Tamamo Cat, and Astolfo cause :shrug:

Tamamo, Jeanne, or Nero Bride if you've got them. Hans if you don't.

Rogue 7
Oct 13, 2012

Pierson posted:

I'm just gonna burn command seals on Dantes to wipe out Amakusa before he can get up to any bullshit with his buff-stripping NP.

That sounds...unpleasant.

My best bet is probably a lead of Waver, Avenger and Vlad, with Shiki and...Emiya, I guess in the back line. Front 3 try to gain NP on the first wave, then swap in Shiki for Vlad, use Waver to get her up to 100% NP and gank the wyvern, then hopefully she dies so I can chain Unreturning Formation, Kazikli Bey, and Chateau? Maybe spend a command seal to NP with Avenger again if I need it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

100 degrees Calcium
Jan 23, 2011

taser rates posted:

Hans is a fine choice. Waver/Shiki is already arts-centric which Hans slots into, plus he can feed Shiki stars and buff her crit damage.

Little Abigail posted:

Tamamo, Jeanne, or Nero Bride if you've got them. Hans if you don't.

Right on. In lieu of any ideal gold Servants, I've been feeling Hans for the same reason. It feels a little slow, but if I focus on reliably delivering those Shiki NPs it seems to work well. If I'm reading her NP right, the damage is always the same and only the death-chance is affected by Overcharge, so against enemy Servants it seems like the idea is to just get her to 100% charge and fire her like a bullet.