Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
you seen that movie

you seen that movie

you seen the movie what's called predator?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

https://twitter.com/anfael_/status/970494507186728960

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

lol that's awesome

Tokamak
Dec 22, 2004

it'd be cool to get one of those as a cultural artefact... for maybe $10

Ferdinand the Bull
Jul 30, 2006

Tokamak posted:

It would be useful to automate the process of squeezing out my Chef Boyardee chili packs onto my sadness plate.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Tokamak posted:

gently caress that get it for the press, rig it up to some sort of controller so you can dial it in, and boom you have a monstrously strong although small press for any of your smashing needs.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Ferdinand the Bull posted:

It would be useful to automate the process of squeezing out my Chef Boyardee chili packs onto my sadness plate.

It won't squeeze without a valid rfid tag lmao

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Butt posted:

It won't squeeze without a valid rfid tag lmao
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hlVmppyflS0

Sorta!

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

Back when I used Tinder, a not insignificant amount of the matches I had were not 21 as they said, and 'actually I'm 17 is that ok lol'.

What I am saying is that there are probably multiple avenues for getting your child predator rocks off.

guessing most of those are chris hansen

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

you say defunct internet juicer i say ornate hand soap dispenser

now i'm picturing some techno illiterate person spending what little money they have on a thing with every intention of making healthy juiced drink, which is sad

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
ooooh! my college-aged grandson used to love juice when he was little! i'm going to get him this for his birthday!

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

flakeloaf posted:

the people who started the "rate this chick at our campus" website have created a corporate environment with less-than-admirable ideals

the "who is hotter" function should've gone in w/ the random farm animals like zuck originally intended imho

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

what would a juicero be worth of you were just buying it for parts? I remember in that tear down there was at least one thing of value. I'll have to watch it again.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

President Beep posted:

ooooh! my college-aged grandson used to love juice when he was little! i'm going to get him this for his birthday!

:cripes:

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
it’s a pretty solid press if you can bypass the DRM, IIRC

good luck getting spare parts for it though

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I’m just peeping that sweet apple Cinema Display behind it :eyepop:

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Cp-BGQfpHQ

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
https://twitter.com/chrislhayes/status/969803195152261120

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

FrozenVent posted:

it’s a pretty solid press if you can bypass the DRM, IIRC

good luck getting spare parts for it though

yeah the teardowns said that it wasn't necessarily a bad machine, just hilariously overengineered for squeezing juice packs

a lot of its parts were custom made when they didn't have to be so you probably can't strip components out and use them for something else though

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.
still lolling that their business model was brought down by a Bloomberg journalist squeezing the juice pack by hand

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
https://twitter.com/ivankatrump/status/715648874346520576

peeper
Jun 21, 2005
Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/hypervisible/status/970276540419395584

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I thought of the von braun quote before I finished reading the excerpt and welp

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

beep boop questions of human morality are not within my scope of work

in a well actually
Jan 26, 2011

dude, you gotta end it on the rhyme

the prof who trained a ml to unmask protestors, when asked whether authoritarian regimes would use this to suppress protest: 'uhh'

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Mr. Nice! posted:

gently caress that get it for the press, rig it up to some sort of controller so you can dial it in, and boom you have a monstrously strong although small press for any of your smashing needs.

i can finally crush my tiny dick into paste

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

the world's best electronic squeezing device has already been invented

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_C3D0rcFXrY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JcniyQYFU6M

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

lol I forgot about this

ArmedZombie
Jun 6, 2004

doesn't understand positive feedback not an engineer

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

ArmZ posted:

doesn't understand positive feedback not an engineer

or he just doesn't care.

it will identify gang members. it will also falsely identify non-gang members, but it will identify gang members, and that's all that's in the RFP

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

to a slight extent i suspect it is an overextension of whitehats in security that has made engineers incapable of getting that these things should be considered before built, the sort of mindset that everything that can be done will get done no matter what, so e.g. making a proof of concept public research would be the best outcome

which is a decent philosophical underpinning for a lot of computer security. not all even there though, arguably, like in my little home town where enterprising whitehats widely published how to fake the very cheap tickets for the municipal bus system, which caused largely the maximum possible harm (the system had to be reworked at great cost), and which i hold was unlikely to happen without them

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

infernal machines posted:

or he just doesn't care.

it will identify gang members. it will also falsely identify non-gang members, but it will identify gang members, and that's all that's in the RFP

make me an opponent capable of defeating interpreting data

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

Cybernetic Vermin posted:

to a slight extent i suspect it is an overextension of whitehats in security that has made engineers incapable of getting that these things should be considered before built, the sort of mindset that everything that can be done will get done no matter what, so e.g. making a proof of concept public research would be the best outcome

which is a decent philosophical underpinning for a lot of computer security. not all even there though, arguably, like in my little home town where enterprising whitehats widely published how to fake the very cheap tickets for the municipal bus system, which caused largely the maximum possible harm (the system had to be reworked at great cost), and which i hold was unlikely to happen without them

if they were actually engineers they would be forced to consider these things since they would be directly criminally liable for designing them

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

https://twitter.com/Shitty_Future/status/970719795279810565

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

if they were actually engineers they would be forced to consider these things since they would be directly criminally liable for designing them

what's the criminal liability for violating the rights of POC in america?

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

haveblue posted:

yeah the teardowns said that it wasn't necessarily a bad machine, just hilariously overengineered for squeezing juice packs

a lot of its parts were custom made when they didn't have to be so you probably can't strip components out and use them for something else though

i would say it's underengineered. speccing expensive custom cnc-machined parts all over the place is lazy design. their engineer probably went "i could make a device that squeezes bags for like a $40 BOM, but that would take some effort and we're gonna sell this for 400 bucks so gently caress it"

alternate theory is that their engineer was clever and deliberately overbuilt it so that in a year or two he* could replace the expensive aluminum part with a cheaper polymer version, cut the production cost 50%, and get a big fat bonus

*i try to use male and female pronouns equally in my writing but in this case who am i kidding

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

an hour in the pillory for every victim, to be served in harlem or grove park, atlanta

Tatsujin
Apr 26, 2004

:golgo:
EVERYONE EXCEPT THE HOT WOMEN
:golgo:

Back when I used Tinder, a not insignificant amount of the matches I had were not 21 as they said, and 'actually I'm 17 is that ok lol'.

What I am saying is that there are probably multiple avenues for getting your child predator rocks off.

it means they lied about their age when they were under 13 to get a facebook account and dont realize they have to change it back

Dixie Cretin Seaman
Jan 22, 2008

all hat and one catte
Hot Rope Guy

in theory
in practice

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishmech
Jul 16, 2006

by VideoGames
Salad Prong

FrozenVent posted:

still lolling that their business model was brought down by a Bloomberg journalist squeezing the juice pack by hand

which is still absurd, because the actual business model was "pay us $8 or more per lovely juice pack that makes less than a glass". not "buy the machine which we're taking a loss on anyway"