Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
How much money do you spend on this game?
This poll is closed.
Thar she blows ($300/mo.) 9 5.52%
We got our hooks in 'em ($100-$300/mo.) 11 6.75%
They's taking the bait! ($20-100/mo.) 25 15.34%
Toss 'em back in the sea. (F2P - $20/mo.) 118 72.39%
Total: 163 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
lol gently caress off Gumi.

The only Final Fantasy mobile game deadly allergic to Final Fantasy characters. Bizarre.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

BGrifter posted:

lol gently caress off Gumi.

The only Final Fantasy mobile game deadly allergic to Final Fantasy characters. Bizarre.

At least this collab is a Square game. Instead of being, you know. Ariana.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
Looking at my teams right now, Noctis is literally the only Final Fantasy character that I have in use. Not that I don't love my Doggos and Sakuras and Veritas and White Knights. But it'd be nice to experiment a bit with actual Final Fantasy characters. Y'know, see other people every once in a while.

Though that might change if I'd just get a drat Beatrix or Aranea off of these banners! So I suppose I can't be too peeved as they did give us two with nothing but FF chars.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

I'm running an Onion Knight, Basch and Ace on my normal team. I'd say that'a good cut for actual FF units.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!
Onion Knight, Orlandeau are pretty regular for me. Ramza would have been if I hadn't been Roy'd.

Yuna will probably make the regular rotation when she comes along.

Just whaled for and pulled a Beatrix so she might make the rotation just because other than Cyan she's maybe the only other FF character I love, despite them both being not very good.

There is definitely a lack of nostalgia characters being top tier though, especially compared to the GE ones.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Next set of enhancement:

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

With Tidus and Rikku getting March enhancements, it’s probably a safe bet that the delayed FFX Mog event will be this month too, after the Tomb Raider raid.

Likely scenario is:
3/9 - CG Fina and her accompanying story map event
3/16 - Lara Croft and the never ending raid orbs...
3/23 - FFX King Mog, Yuna/Lulu banner and March enhancements
3/30 - Easter event? (Good Friday is this day, if they have an Easter event planned like last year, this is the likely spot for it.)

Other things that could get sprinkled in include:
The ultimate versions of Brachiasaur, Demon Chimera, and White Dragon
Chamber of Fallen: Legendary Stud (Supposedly it’s a wimpy deer)
Chamber of Arms: Alhena https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/comments/6gri5m/12_weapons_no_3_alhena_observation/
Chamber of Fallen: Iron Giant
Chocobo expeditions
Siren 3* esper fight
Ifrit 3* esper fight

That takes us up to CG Jake according to the JP release schedule. Depending on how much effort goes into the Easter event (if we get one), the next main story update could come out that week as well, then CG Jake two weeks later.

Cartoon Man fucked around with this message at 14:00 on Mar 5, 2018

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

You'll hit your head and say: 'Boy, how stupid could I have been. A moron could've figured this out. I must be a real dimwit. A pathetic nimnal. A wretched idiotic excuse for a human being for not having figured these simple puzzles out in the first place...As usual, you've been a real pantload!

Infected posted:

Next set of enhancement:

Enhanced Noctis looks great. Fish getting upped to two turns and enabling Point-Blank Warp Strike should turn him into a great dodge tank finisher. Link+2 looks pretty skippable though as the buff isn't that great compared to Bard buffs which you'd probably already have up, but I suppose if you're building him just to spam his LB getting 10 crysts for it off that isn't bad. I'm going to save the support crysts myself though.

I'll probably just do Sun Crest+2 and Quick Hit +2 for Tidus. "When you got the ball"+2 isn't enough of a buff to make it worthwhile and Tackle Slip+2 giving him 20% magic dodge and 30% counter attack isn't something I need right now either. Maybe if we finally get enough gear to make a 100% MAG dodge unit he'll be worth looking into with his good gear selection and 20% off this.

MohShuvuu
Aug 26, 2010

I eat ass.
I guess I'll be enhancing both of my Tidus' Quick hits. Hope I have enough crysts for those...

Office Thug
Jan 17, 2008

Luke Cage just shut you down!
I'll only enhance one of them and deal with needing a friend Tidus for chaining. I'm glad I enhanced my second Aileen but at the same time I'm so starved for Power T4/5s that I just can't see myself committing to enhancing two of the same chainer ever again.

Which is a shame because apparently Tidus is a TDH FD god, and I have almost two complete TDH FD sets now (missing a 4th Marshal Glove and that's it)

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Infected posted:

Next set of enhancement:

Ahhhh poo poo after I just used up all my power crysts upgrading TG Cid.

What's this mean for Garnet, by the way? She already had ability awakenings ... is she getting a second batch that includes some of her 6* abilities?

Skyridge
Jan 1, 2011

new kind of cat posted:

Ahhhh poo poo after I just used up all my power crysts upgrading TG Cid.

What's this mean for Garnet, by the way? She already had ability awakenings ... is she getting a second batch that includes some of her 6* abilities?

Anyone have a list of what those awakenings actually are?

Also, how is a base-5* unit allowed to have such a terrible TMR? Is everyone getting Lara or something?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
Princess Alexandria+1 --+50%SPR & Increase Summon Damage 10

Princess Alexandria+2--+50% SPR & Increase Summon Damage 10%+30% All Element Resists

So just a minor buff to her new passive.

Nephrite
Aug 18, 2006
Lipstick Apathy

Skyridge posted:

Anyone have a list of what those awakenings actually are?

Also, how is a base-5* unit allowed to have such a terrible TMR? Is everyone getting Lara or something?

Yes, everyone is getting two copies. I think one for the raid and one for logging in or something.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy

Nephrite posted:

Yes, everyone is getting two copies. I think one for the raid and one for logging in or something.

Probably too much to ask that we get a 7* version eventually.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Just out of curiosity, why are we getting a crossover for a 4 year old game? Is it launching on a new platform or something?

Shingouryu
Feb 15, 2012

PaybackJack posted:

Just out of curiosity, why are we getting a crossover for a 4 year old game? Is it launching on a new platform or something?

There's a new movie out this month for some reason.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I do find it amusing that Lara is a Kelsus-level unit: Free unit that is extremely crappy(and doesn't even have a 7* form in JP haha). Except that Kelsus had a decent TMR, while Lara has one that is worse than most 3* units.

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

Khisanth Magus posted:

Princess Alexandria+1 --+50%SPR & Increase Summon Damage 10

Princess Alexandria+2--+50% SPR & Increase Summon Damage 10%+30% All Element Resists

So just a minor buff to her new passive.

nice.

so something I've been wondering with summoners -- what do they need for gear? My understanding is their native stats don't affect summon damage, so is the goal to just gear them for survivability and nuke as often as possible with, most likely, Bahamut?

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Leviathan 2* should be stronger as long as you don't hit the water resist I think.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

new kind of cat posted:

nice.

so something I've been wondering with summoners -- what do they need for gear? My understanding is their native stats don't affect summon damage, so is the goal to just gear them for survivability and nuke as often as possible with, most likely, Bahamut?

Generally you gear them towards their secondary role they will do on turns you aren't summoning I think.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Shingouryu posted:

There's a new movie out this month for some reason.

But why are they tieing into the 3rd person action platformer spinoff and not the main reboot series on which the movie is based.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

CAPT. Rainbowbeard posted:

Probably too much to ask that we get a 7* version eventually.

Free + one in the raid is the same way they did the free 7* in dq raid

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Cartoon Man posted:

Other things that could get sprinkled in include:
The ultimate versions of Brachiasaur, Demon Chimera, and White Dragon

I wonder what the odds are that Gumi does one of its bullshit Global Buffs(tm) for ultimate White Dragon. You have to clear Gilgamesh's trial before you can do the ult fights and ult white dragon is considerably easier to kill than Greg, while the katana it gives is in all ways superior to the Genji Blade.

...gonna burn all my tickets chasing CG Fina when she comes out since a top of the line healer is all I really lack at this point.

PaybackJack posted:

But why are they tieing into the 3rd person action platformer spinoff and not the main reboot series on which the movie is based.

Look at SE's recent Chrono Trigger port on Steam and ask yourself if SE seems like a company that makes reasonable decisions.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Evil Fluffy posted:

Look at SE's recent Chrono Trigger port on Steam and ask yourself if SE seems like a company that makes reasonable decisions.

If you hadn't mentioned that I never would have known it existed. I knew about the Secret of Mana remake for months, but that totally slipped below the radar.

I have to admit, as person who has always advocated FF6 > Chrono Trigger; I'm getting a :smugdog: grin looking at that "Mostly Negative" on the Steam page. I know it's just for the lazy port, but...mmm...feels good.

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

PaybackJack posted:

If you hadn't mentioned that I never would have known it existed. I knew about the Secret of Mana remake for months, but that totally slipped below the radar.

I have to admit, as person who has always advocated FF6 > Chrono Trigger; I'm getting a :smugdog: grin looking at that "Mostly Negative" on the Steam page. I know it's just for the lazy port, but...mmm...feels good.

I have some bad news for you regarding ff6 and steam ports....

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Tengames posted:

Yeah, the FF6 steam port got just as bad reviews. SE is making rather questionable decisions on their ports to PC. Mainly in that they are taking the laziest way they can. At least SEGA just went with "Create an official emulator and roms for games" for the SEGA Classics.

PaybackJack
May 21, 2003

Tengames posted:

Balance has been maintained. I'm glad that they hosed them both up so new generations can look upon them and go "Why the gently caress are these considered the best RPGs of all time?"

I'm glad I can't even buy FF6 in my region.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Khisanth Magus posted:

Yeah, the FF6 steam port got just as bad reviews. SE is making rather questionable decisions on their ports to PC. Mainly in that they are taking the laziest way they can. At least SEGA just went with "Create an official emulator and roms for games" for the SEGA Classics.

And for an extra bit of :wtc: keep in mind that during all of this, Square did a loving remake of Romancing SaGa 2 that had more effort put in to it than Final Fantasy 5-6, Chrono Trigger, and Secret of Mana. Games that all dwarf SaGa games in recognition and potential sales.

e: To be clear, the RS2 remake was fun and good. If SE had put similar effort in to the PC/console/mobile ports of FF5-6 and CT I'd happily drop :20bux: or maybe more on them. FF6 with its SNES sprites getting a similar upgrade, as well as various QoL/bug fixes the game needed (IE: Cyan's SwdTch charging after selection) with a proper UI and an art style that doesn't clash on every loving level? Maybe a bonus dungeon or two with some crazy bullshit super bosses and gear/espers? Yes please.

Evil Fluffy fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Mar 5, 2018

Ugato
Apr 9, 2009

We're not?

Khisanth Magus posted:

They’re just porting the iOS ports to pc. Can’t see any problem with that no sir.

Victis
Mar 26, 2008

Weird poo poo like a Tomb Raider crossover rules

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://press.na.square-enix.com/releases/1142/lara-croft-arrives-on-final-fantasy-brave-exvius

Lara Croft next week, also one free Ashe and one free Lightning...

:psyduck:

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

Wondering if existing players get those?

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

well, that's pretty cool...Lightning 7* is really good, yeah?

Tengames
Oct 29, 2008

wizard on a water slide posted:

Wondering if existing players get those?

Ashe sounds like she might be replacing ludmille in the tutorial summon but lightning will presumely be a new rookie quest everyone can clear.

Dana Crysalis
Jun 27, 2007
the title-less

LET THE SPECULATION COMMENCE

jaclynhyde
May 28, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Chrono Trigger MYSTIC QUEST

new kind of cat
May 8, 2007

jaclynhyde posted:

Chrono Trigger MYSTIC QUEST