Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Typo posted:

I'm beginning to see why the insult "cuck" gets thrown around so much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

CLAM DOWN posted:

holy gently caress i hate this loving piece of poo poo, who was the dude in the other thread who supported Jordan Peterson, he should defend this

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/961461529555210240

the guy @ work who likes peterson was talking about patrick brown and the accusations against him

he immediately goes into this theory where "the accusers were friends with journalists" and "why didn't they go to the police before" and "this is inside job"

and then when we were like yeah....this sort of stuff (sexual harassment) happens a lot and then he's pretty much like "false rape accusations could happen to any of you"

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
treat are farmers better

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Typo posted:

the guy @ work who likes peterson was talking about patrick brown and the accusations against him

he immediately goes into this theory where "the accusers were friends with journalists" and "why didn't they go to the police before" and "this is inside job"

and then when we were like yeah....this sort of stuff (sexual harassment) happens a lot and then he's pretty much like "false rape accusations could happen to any of you"

tell him that maybe if men have to live in constant fear of false rape accusations and learn to be careful around women, then we will maybe discover what it is like to be a woman who lives in constant fear of actual rape and has to learn to be careful around men

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
lol why would you even engage our take this rear end in a top hat seriously

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Kurtofan posted:

treat are farmers better

Who was it who said they'd be easier to defend if they stopped voting for pricks like Cheryl Gallant?

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

Who was it who said they'd be easier to defend if they stopped voting for pricks like Cheryl Gallant?

If Gerald Stanley is any indication, I don't think they need help with defense.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

CLAM DOWN posted:

holy gently caress i hate this loving piece of poo poo, who was the dude in the other thread who supported Jordan Peterson, he should defend this

https://twitter.com/classiclib3ral/status/961461529555210240

it's me

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..
Very excited that the Munk debates are gonna be the porb man talking about political correctness

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
Looking back on previous debates this is actually a step up for them from having nigel farrage on the global refugee crisis, arthur laffer on taxing the rich or nial ferguson on pretty much any subject

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
finally, a debate worthy of the Munk name

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
what the fuckare munk debates

is this like an ice cream social infront of conrad black and margaret atwoods houses

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

basically, yes.

see: the Munk School of Global Affairs

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

namaste friends posted:

is this like an ice cream social infront of conrad black and margaret atwoods houses

Pretty much nailed it

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
so basically something no one cares about cool

just like jordan peterson's entire existence

Hand Knit
Oct 24, 2005

Beer Loses more than a game Sunday ...
We lost our Captain, our Teammate, our Friend Kelly Calabro...
Rest in Peace my friend you will be greatly missed..

Dreylad posted:

Looking back on previous debates this is actually a step up for them from having nigel farrage on the global refugee crisis, arthur laffer on taxing the rich or nial ferguson on pretty much any subject

I'm assuming the two people I've never heard of are also dumb and bad just in a different way.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
nigel farage is really dumb but niall ferguson once made a really good documentary on the history of Money. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ascent_of_Money

The Ascent of Money is really worth watching if you can find it for free somewhere.

Niall Ferguson is human garbage though. After being thoroughly owned by Paul Krugman, for some reason Harvard still gives him a job.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

what about the brilliant mind behind the laffo curve? surely he had some sage advice re: taxation

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
bitch please

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

lol kill all realtors when we purge rurals

http://vancouverisawesome.com/2018/03/02/richmond-realtors-modular-housing/

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
don't make us give VIA a click

http://archive.is/gBK8k

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

namaste friends posted:

don't make us give VIA a click

http://archive.is/gBK8k

but dude, Vancouver Is Awesome

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Nobody puts Phil in a corner.

The best part about that Vice interview is the guy calls out the whole outrage culture/right-wing counter culture all living in a bubble on university campuses and isn't really real outside of academia.

Which is true and correct. None of this poo poo matters when you have bills to pay.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

Most teachers don't experience life outside of academia and don't understand how much of a bubble they live in. They're set up to be a horrible example to guide kids into the real world.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
let me guess you're a self taught InfoSec professional and public post secondary education is just a scam because anyone can become as successful as you with a little Moxy and gumption

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Slotducks posted:

None of this poo poo matters when you have bills to pay.

Lol yes it loving does, you infant

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

namaste friends posted:

nigel farage is really dumb but niall ferguson once made a really good documentary on the history of Money. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Ascent_of_Money

The Ascent of Money is really worth watching if you can find it for free somewhere.

Niall Ferguson is human garbage though. After being thoroughly owned by Paul Krugman, for some reason Harvard still gives him a job.

ascent of money is free on youtube or was at least when I watched it

E: the book is pretty good too, really good fin101 textbook but written to be interesting rather than something you fall asleep cramming for exam to

Typo has issued a correction as of 21:35 on Mar 5, 2018

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes
the best, most informative and thought provoking debate is prob piers morgan vs alex jones

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
what's up cangoons the new black panther album with kendrick etc is really good fyi

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

namaste friends posted:

:boom:

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

namaste friends posted:

Niall Ferguson is the worst bc he's smart enough to know better but staked his career on "colonialism was good, actually" which is one step away from sharing "Irish were slaves too" Facebook posts.

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
niall isn't smart cmon

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.
that makes me feel better having picked up one of their books and putting it back down after reading the intro. it was ostensibly about some cool group of people somewhere but it was told entirely from the point of view of the rear end in a top hat colonizer "discovering" the cool group, like they only had value once they were "discovered". weirded me out enough to bail. seems like I made a good choice for once?

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe

namaste friends
Sep 18, 2004

by Smythe
http://www.cbc.ca/news/technology/climate-denier-blogs-ignore-science-1.4424956

quote:

About 80 per cent of denier blogs cited the work of University of Victoria zoologist Susan Crockford, even though she has published almost no peer-reviewed research on polar bears and hasn't done any field studies.

Crockford, who writes the Polar Bear Science blog, has been associated with think-tank the Heartland Institute, which denies climate change, and spoke at one of its conferences as recently as last spring.

She also appears in North American and European mainstream media, including Canadian newspapers such as the Financial Post.

"Tell your readers to have a look at my blog and see for themselves," Crockford said in an email. "They will also see what my credentials actually are, as opposed to how they are portrayed by the authors of this paper."

Crockford says polar bear numbers remain strong and suggests the bears will be able to adapt to changes in sea ice.

Slotducks
Oct 16, 2008

namaste friends posted:

let me guess you're a self taught InfoSec professional and public post secondary education is just a scam because anyone can become as successful as you with a little Moxy and gumption

Nah B, I did 2 years of history at Brock and I'm in Quality/Operations at an Aerospace company now.

I did bootstrap a little, but I'm incredibly lucky.

EvidenceBasedQuack
Aug 15, 2015

A rock has no detectable opinion about gravity

namaste friends posted:

Susan Crockford bullshit

That made me super angry

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

Slotducks posted:

Nah B, I did 2 years of history at Brock and I'm in Quality/Operations at an Aerospace company now.

I did bootstrap a little, but I'm incredibly lucky.

ProTip: Don't engage Namaste on credentialism

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

namaste friends posted:

niall isn't smart cmon

He's read enough about the subject to know he's full of poo poo.

He also realized that flattering conservatives from a lofty academic perch is a solid-gold grift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
RIP Cultural Imperial

he was ethnic han