Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Little disappointed to hear Ramah won't be in the book (from what you say?) but also very interested to hear what the two new NA2 sectorials will be, as well as the Dire Foes updates. I feel like Leila has a pretty nice profile already, but I think Yusam should get some kind of camo or impersonation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Flipswitch posted:

Yes mate. There's 4 NA2 sectorials, 7 missions, fluff and all the dire foes going to n3 update. None of them currently have been updated. (except new box obviously!)

Also I'm allowed to say it now, but YJ are losing every JSA unit except the Ninja. Ciao!

So, yeah, there is a very real chance I am not going to pick back up playing this game now. I am not going to support a company that can invalidate models I have purchased, unless I want to spend even more money for the privilege of playing those models again!

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

They aren't invalidated though, they still exist in the game and you've got stuff for a new army? I appreciate the frustration of your faction changing though.

Flipswitch fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 5, 2018

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Flipswitch posted:

They aren't invalidated though, they still exist in the game and you've got stuff for a new army?

"unless I want to spend even more money for the privilege of playing those models again! "

Yes, I can spend a bunch of money to start a new faction to be able to use models that I already paid for. Woo loving Hoo.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Then don't? lol

I really like the fact the games changing, it's a nice touch.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

How many models do you have that are being invalidated?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Cat Face Joe posted:

How many models do you have that are being invalidated?

About $100 worth, which may not sound like a lot to a lot of people but given my extremely tight gaming budget that is about 2 months of my gaming budget that I cannot use. I'm not counting the JSA support pack because those are generic enough models to be used as other models easily, which I frequently do, I just preferred the JSA models for that over the ones in the Yu Jing support pack.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

I think it would be better to read it as "previous army somewhat invalidated." My friend who started with YJ and is currently on a Tohaa kick, is somewhat intrigued by JSA but is at the same time bummed about losing a bunch of stuff from vanilla YJ - Keisotsu and Oniwaban in particular. The models themselves aren't invalidated but what you do with them just got radically revised to an extent not seen with say, new releases or errata.

Plus with a new army like this comes new releases that might have been otherwise served in the previous army makeup. What does an army that had Keisotsu, Oniwaban, and Ninjas in vanilla, need to replace when playing in JSA? How much do you need to spend in doing so?

I mean you're all 100% correct when you tell him that he can still play his models in Infinity. The arsekicker is for the people who for whatever reason aren't able to embrace losing stuff from an army and filling out a new army. I'm a big Haqq fan but looking on this, I'm happy that Haqq didn't get anything removed to accommodate Druze Bahram. I might have poo poo a brick if we lost Hunzakut, and I think they should have gone with noting that some Japanese decided they'd really rather stick with YJ for whatever reason.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Ready for the fashy circle jerk
I'd assume PanO are losing something too? Maybe Svalheim, that would break the hearts of a lot of blues.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Khisanth Magus posted:

About $100 worth, which may not sound like a lot to a lot of people but given my extremely tight gaming budget that is about 2 months of my gaming budget that I cannot use. I'm not counting the JSA support pack because those are generic enough models to be used as other models easily, which I frequently do, I just preferred the JSA models for that over the ones in the Yu Jing support pack.

That's probably twice my monthly budget but still doesn't seem like that much to me. I understand your frustration but then again I'm a PanOceania player to I'm used to being regularly kicked in the dick.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Pyrolocutus posted:

I think it would be better to read it as "previous army somewhat invalidated." My friend who started with YJ and is currently on a Tohaa kick, is somewhat intrigued by JSA but is at the same time bummed about losing a bunch of stuff from vanilla YJ - Keisotsu and Oniwaban in particular. The models themselves aren't invalidated but what you do with them just got radically revised to an extent not seen with say, new releases or errata.

Plus with a new army like this comes new releases that might have been otherwise served in the previous army makeup. What does an army that had Keisotsu, Oniwaban, and Ninjas in vanilla, need to replace when playing in JSA? How much do you need to spend in doing so?

I mean you're all 100% correct when you tell him that he can still play his models in Infinity. The arsekicker is for the people who for whatever reason aren't able to embrace losing stuff from an army and filling out a new army. I'm a big Haqq fan but looking on this, I'm happy that Haqq didn't get anything removed to accommodate Druze Bahram. I might have poo poo a brick if we lost Hunzakut, and I think they should have gone with noting that some Japanese decided they'd really rather stick with YJ for whatever reason.

I doubt they'll leave YJ players hanging. They'll probably replace the JSA units with something. Every year is the year of Yu Jing after all.

KPC_Mammon posted:

I'd assume PanO are losing something too? Maybe Svalheim, that would break the hearts of a lot of blues.

Why would that be.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

I doubt they'll leave YJ players hanging. They'll probably replace the JSA units with something. Every year is the year of Yu Jing after all.
OTOH if we get, say, 6 units to replace those lost by the JSA rebelling we'll be told to rejoice and treat them as a net addition of 6 units even if we lose more than we get.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Cat Face Joe posted:

Why would that be.

Why would PanO lose anything or why would losing Svalheim make PanO sad?

The previewed sectorial had MSV2 and smoke. We both know that isn't something PanO, even in a sectorial, will ever get. (I'm joking)

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

what the gently caress

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

what is the justification for any of that insane unit selection

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

coming to you LIVE, im raoul spector. this is action news at 10

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

dartboard merc unit company

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

guys i think those images gave me a stroke

Genghis Cohen
Jun 29, 2013

Cat Face Joe posted:

I look forward to finding out!

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Genghis Cohen posted:

I look forward to finding out!

i can't feel the left side of my face

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Undoubtedly a conspiracy to sell more PanO REMs.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Now that my eyes are able to focus again, there's some interesting stuff. Clipper looks like it'll be able to core link. Uhahu and Emily from Outrage are on there. Ikari lists a JSA version of the Rui Shi YJ remote. But why Mobile Brigada and Riot Grrls?

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Baiting people into picking the bad choice.

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

It feels like the first one is some sort of Nomads-focused merc company, with Araidnan and Al Hawwa serving as merc ringers. People that want to get off Dawn and see the stars?

I'm completely loving lost on the second though. Japanese that brought in merc units to help with the rebellion?

E: Yeah, certain on the second one. Brawlers bring the PanO remotes. Al Fasid and Desperados are the only really weird ones.

Pyrolocutus fucked around with this message at 19:13 on Mar 5, 2018

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Pyrolocutus posted:

I'm completely loving lost on the second though. Japanese that brought in merc units to help with the rebellion?

E: Yeah, certain on the second one. Brawlers bring the PanO remotes. Al Fasid and Desperados are the only really weird ones.

Wu-Ming, L Fasids, and Krakots are all criminal units. I believe it's a Japanese merc company using less than savory elements.

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard
I'm trying to look on the bright side of things regarding the JSA announcement, but I'm definitely irritated. I started with the JSA box back in N2, and moved in to playing YJ as a whole. I get in more games with vanilla than with JSA these days, and losing access to some of my favorite profiles really stings. I took an Oniwaban or Domaru in most of my lists, and the Aragoto were really fun, though as my opponents can attest I've never managed to leverage them correctly. I've been chomping at the bit for the Invincible Army since we saw the first Zuyong sculpt, and now they can't get here fast enough.

All that said, I'm still going to get the new JSA box, and I'm still excited to see what new toys I get to play with. God drat am I glad I hadn't gotten around to painting my Shikami yet though - I've got enough models to touch up with a new paint scheme already :/

Pyrolocutus
Feb 5, 2005
Shape of Flame

Cat Face Joe posted:

Wu-Ming, L Fasids, and Krakots are all criminal units. I believe it's a Japanese merc company using less than savory elements.

Right, I forgot it's the Azrail that are the former Sultanate guards, and it's the Al Fasid that are the less-savory.

KPC_Mammon
Jan 23, 2004

Flipswitch posted:

Baiting people into picking the bad choice.

As someone who got into Infinity because of the amazing MB sculpts, it saddens me that they are the bad choice of the two. Riot Grrls don't interest me at all which also means Bakunin is out of the question.

edit: Also got into it because the rules looked a lot more engaging than other miniature wargames, of course, but the MB and Gecko sculpts sealed the deal.

KPC_Mammon fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Mar 5, 2018

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

KPC_Mammon posted:

As someone who got into Infinity because of the amazing MB sculpts, it saddens me that they are the bad choice of the two. Riot Grrls don't interest me at all which also means Bakunin is out of the question.

edit: Also got into it because the rules looked a lot more engaging than other miniature wargames, of course, but the MB and Gecko sculpts sealed the deal.

MBs were a big factor in me picking up the game too, but I would never call them a bad choice. They're 90% as capable as a Gecko for way cheaper, and you get more wounds distributed over more models to reduce the danger from crits. They're way, way more interesting and useful than ORCs, too, if you want to take a wider view of things.

StarCo looks like Nomads' greatest hits, so I'm sold.

Also, not a faction named after the kid from Evangelion, which is a plus.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

yeah MB are good, it's just Riots are amazing.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

"You all meet in a space tavern..."

Derlix
Dec 9, 2005
Smug, Pantsless Bastard
With Uhahu, Emily, and Knauf included in Starco, does anyone else think it's pretty likely at this point that we'll see Nakadai available in the new JSA?

Not a viking
Aug 2, 2008

Feels like I just got laid
I think YJ will get new units that replace most of the units lost. I think that's the reason for the new proxy rules for ITS play.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

Which one is the Haramaki replacement.

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Cat Face Joe posted:

Which one is the Haramaki replacement.
The Tanko.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
rip in piece asuka I guess

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.
So what was the logic behind ditching Haramaki? Or why ninjas are still cool with YJ?

If Asuka "dies" and comes back as the scythe animu I'm going to poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pierzak
Oct 30, 2010

Clawtopsy posted:

rip in piece asuka I guess
Asuka is catbiker. Can't disguise dat rear end.

• Locked thread