Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Mentat Radnor posted:

I agree, but it just won't be the same without Yoshinoya sensei. :cry:

Or Marble to do the ED. I really do want to see Matsuri animated though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
I want to see Hiro and Sae get married.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

unpronounceable posted:

Or Marble to do the ED. I really do want to see Matsuri animated though.

Wait what happened to Marble? I googled but couldn't find anything, you're making me worried here :ohdear:

unpronounceable
Apr 4, 2010

You mean we still have another game to go through?!
Fallen Rib

Mikl posted:

Wait what happened to Marble? I googled but couldn't find anything, you're making me worried here :ohdear:

They went on indefinite hiatus a few years ago, and I haven't seen anything about them coming back.

Secht
Oct 5, 2012
I'd like to thank everyone that recommended Gun X Sword. Enjoyed the hell out of that.

PirateDentist
Mar 28, 2006

Sailing The Seven Seas Searching For Scurvy

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone, haven't seen most of these!

a kitten posted:

Yeah Yurucamp is great!

Yes it is, I started it yesterday and it's amazing. I want to go camp and cook again so bad now.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

unpronounceable posted:

They went on indefinite hiatus a few years ago, and I haven't seen anything about them coming back.

Aw, man :(

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, I need something like Black Lagoon, but I think I've tapped every other alternative I can think of out (Hellsing Ultimate OVA's, Drifters, Jormungand, Future Diary). Can you recommend something like Black Lagoon (crazy, violent fun would be my three key words)?

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Wark Say posted:

Hey, I need something like Black Lagoon, but I think I've tapped every other alternative I can think of out (Hellsing Ultimate OVA's, Drifters, Jormungand, Future Diary). Can you recommend something like Black Lagoon (crazy, violent fun would be my three key words)?

Is Baccano! too obvious?

fezball
Nov 8, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Sengoku Basara and Thunderbolt Fantasy might be worth a try - neither of them is quite as violent as the ones you mentioned, but they sure bring the crazy fun.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Wark Say posted:

I just started watching Youjo Senki and I think that you'll probably like it. It's got socipaths, rediculously suave uniforms, cool aerial fights with magic guns, and military planning and logistics. Feels very Hellsing actually, without the lurking Lovecraftian horror.

The MC is / looks like an 11 year old girl which is a bit weird though.

GorfZaplen
Jan 20, 2012

Wark Say posted:

Watch Riding Bean and Gunsmith Cats if you haven't already

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Eela6 posted:

Is Baccano! too obvious?
I just might bite the bullet and rewatch that.

fezball posted:

Sengoku Basara and Thunderbolt Fantasy might be worth a try - neither of them is quite as violent as the ones you mentioned, but they sure bring the crazy fun.
I rewatched Thunderbolt recently. Sengoku Basara is, however, right up my alley!

GorfZaplen posted:

Watch Riding Bean and Gunsmith Cats if you haven't already
Haven't watched GSC in a while. I just might!

RabidWeasel posted:

I just started watching Youjo Senki and I think that you'll probably like it. It's got socipaths, rediculously suave uniforms, cool aerial fights with magic guns, and military planning and logistics. Feels very Hellsing actually, without the lurking Lovecraftian horror.

The MC is / looks like an 11 year old girl which is a bit weird though.
Jingo Jungle is my wake-up alarm. It's a really fun show, right? :dance:

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Wark Say posted:

Have you seen Heat Guy J?

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Nipponophile posted:

Have you seen Heat Guy J?
No. Does it have that vibe that makes you say "nice!" like a late 90's dude?

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Wark Say posted:

You will learn all about how to be a Man from your doting father-figure robot. Whom you fight unusual crimes with.

It also has one of the sweetest anime motorcycles ever.

(It's really good, and so is the soundtrack).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Wark Say posted:

gangsta? the anime is unfortunately the dying throes of manglobe but its still a good time.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.

Wark Say posted:

Jingo Jungle is my wake-up alarm. It's a really fun show, right? :dance:

It's a little more on the side of "jesus christ the protagonist is a psychopath who will never reform him/herself" and a little less Hellsing-esque antiheroes but yeah, it's entertaining.

Also given the role of God in the story I'm not so sure about the lack of lurking Lovecraftian horror, it's just much less overt.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

it seems like Wark has seen all the old stuff in that vein so i will instead suggest Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens, which has some stylistic similarities to Ryohgo Narita's work and is airing now.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Endorph posted:

gangsta? the anime is unfortunately the dying throes of manglobe but its still a good time.
Gangsta (the anime, haven't checked the manga) got really bad by the end. :(

Has the manga returned? I heard that the author had a disease or something.

dogsicle posted:

it seems like Wark has seen all the old stuff in that vein so i will instead suggest Hakata Tonkotsu Ramens, which has some stylistic similarities to Ryohgo Narita's work and is airing now.
It's the one where all the main characters are contract killers, right? I wanted to give that a chance, but had my reservations. If it's fun like the best parts of Baccano! or Durarararara!! then yeah, I'm all in.

Sorry, I stuttered.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Endorph posted:

Gangsta doesn't have a final episode BECAUSE Manglobe died.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Blood Blockade Battlefront might be worth a try as well.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Wark Say posted:

Vol. 7 is the most recent one out. Viz is putting out Cursed so you can read that one at least.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

Hunt11 posted:

Blood Blockade Battlefront might be worth a try as well.

This one.

Also depending on your tastes Wark, you might like -Killing Bites.

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

Wark Say posted:

I don't know. Why don't you judge for yourself by watching the intro of one of the supporting characters?

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

Wark Say posted:

It's the one where all the main characters are contract killers, right? I wanted to give that a chance, but had my reservations. If it's fun like the best parts of Baccano! or Durarararara!! then yeah, I'm all in.

Sorry, I stuttered.

Yeah! It feels very Durarara and has a lot of fun with its setting and cast.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

Wark Say posted:

Sorry, I stuttered.

It's a dumb boyfriend comedy except the dumb boyfriends are a crossdressing hitman and an... extremely normal private eye.

Silver2195
Apr 4, 2012

AnoHito posted:

Cardcaptor Sakura. Everyone is just so nice and the whole thing is just so pleasant.

"Everyone is just so nice" should be qualified slightly. Eriol is a huge rear end in a top hat, Kero never really stops being kind of an rear end in a top hat, and Xiaolang, Meiling, Sonomi, Mirror, and Yue all show their rear end in a top hat sides when they're first introduced. That said, almost all the major characters are basically good people, and there are very few true villains.

esselfortium
Jul 19, 2006

Cumulonimbus Antagonistic Posting

DisDisDis posted:

It's a dumb boyfriend comedy except the dumb boyfriends are a crossdressing hitman and an... extremely normal private eye.

yes exactly, it's perfect

unstucker
Jan 4, 2018
Can you recomend me horror anime? Something bloody like Higurashi no naku koro ni or umineko no naku koro ni.

Cake Attack
Mar 26, 2010

shiki

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

This will never not be my favorite. Except the weird wolf dude parts that had pretty much no relation to the entire rest of the plot, that poo poo was weird.

Erg
Oct 31, 2010

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Try Mononoke. It's really unique and creepy.

Tuxedo Catfish
Mar 17, 2007

You've got guts! Come to my village, I'll buy you lunch.
The Hundred Stories is pretty cool as far as horror goes, although sometimes I think I only recommend it because I'm the only person who's ever seen it

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

i watched about half of it, but the episodic nature of the show makes it really easy to forget to keep watching

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

unstucker posted:

Can you recomend me horror anime? Something bloody like Higurashi no naku koro ni or umineko no naku koro ni.
if you want gore/blood, Another would work? Some of the deaths are too goofy to take seriously but it still lands some, too. Kinda reminds me of Final Destination.

silentsnack
Mar 19, 2009

Donald John Trump (born June 14, 1946) is the 45th and current President of the United States. Before entering politics, he was a businessman and television personality.

Tuxedo Catfish posted:

The Hundred Stories is pretty cool as far as horror goes, although sometimes I think I only recommend it because I'm the only person who's ever seen it

Just to bug you I'm gonna start randomly interjecting "Mataichi-san!" in posts from now on.

But if we're considering things everyone should see: A Page of Madness (1926)

...also known as A Page Out Of Order or Crazy Page or Kurutta Ippeiji...

Is a silent film and predates anime by decades, but both of those actually make it more of a surreal brainfuck

unstucker posted:

If you want blood there is Elfen Lied, or for chunky gore (and more comedy / less nudity) Brynhildr

For horror manga, Franken Fran has the weirdest philosophical tangents.

silentsnack fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Mar 5, 2018

Hiveminded
Aug 26, 2014
I finished watching Devilman Crybaby a few days ago, please recommend me another anime that features gay dude protagonists being stylishly violent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Hiveminded posted:

I finished watching Devilman Crybaby a few days ago, please recommend me another anime that features gay dude protagonists being stylishly violent.
Yuri Kuma Arashi.

Only half-joking (it's gay ladies instead of gay dudes).