Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

https://twitter.com/awfulannouncing/status/970678625434415105

there is pretty much a nonzero chance this is actually true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

eh, that's how it normally is

like when it's a one-hour show they're done halfway through

https://twitter.com/Ourand_SBJ/status/970736397190561793
https://twitter.com/richarddeitsch/status/970737299381149696

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Deitsch also Tweeted that there's going to be legal news coming out about ESPN.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Crazy Ted posted:

Guessing there's going to be fallout from Skipper's resignation.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

Crazy Ted posted:

Sean Miller is taking a proactive stance about accusing him of paying players, I bet.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/TMZ/status/970759113486450693

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Deitsch hasn't posted anything new, but Deadspin is reporting that a former ESPN employee is filing a Discrimination lawsuit against the company - same woman who accused John Buccigross of sexual harassment.
Well looks the new president will be having a fun afternoon!

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

WHOOP

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

What are the odds that part of the voicemail is Berman telling her she can go BACK BACK BACK BACK to Africa

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Details on the lawsuit from the former employee accusing Buccigross of sexual harassment

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

I think the first comment on this article sums it up the best

quote:

I have never sent a shirtless photo to a woman I did not want to have sex with because that would be weird and creepy and absolutely signal that I wanted to have sex with them.

Also, I have never sent a shirtless photo to a woman I wanted to have sex with because that would be counter-productive.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend

Crazy Ted posted:

What are the odds that part of the voicemail is Berman telling her she can go BACK BACK BACK BACK to Africa

"I'm sorry if my comments were misconstrued, but I am not a racist. In fact I have many friends who are BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK BLACK "

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/jemelehill/status/970811867915608064

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Former ESPN announcer Mike Patrick brought That Truth about calling games from remote locations

quote:

I did one game from a studio and was appalled at the idea that saving a few bucks on travel expenses was worth sacrificing the standards for a telecast that we had established over the years. Anyone who says the quality doesn’t suffer should be selling used cars, but there will be more and more of them anyway because of money.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Another thing that dramatically improves a broadcast is not allowing Mike Patrick to be involved with it

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I know NBC would broadcast F1 races "from the studio", but that also was a weird situation where the cameras were controlled by Sky over in the UK, and they got a TV feed that didn't have commentary on it so they could comment over it. The only regular at the track person was Will Buxton (they'd go to a couple of the major races though, such as Monaco and Monza)

Edward Mass
Sep 14, 2011

𝅘𝅥𝅮 I wanna go home with the armadillo
Good country music from Amarillo and Abilene
Friendliest people and the prettiest women you've ever seen
𝅘𝅥𝅮
And now we're not even getting that with American F1 coverage!

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

Verne Lundquist will not call any march madness games

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

And speaking of march madness, the bracket reveal show will now reveal all the teams in the first 10 minutes, then announce the matchups/bracket as the show goes

also there's a live studio audience because.... reasons

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
So the ESPN score bug for college basketball, I love that the score itself is so big, but do we need to cram the teams’ records AND conference records in there too? Do we need that to constantly be up on the screen?

Niwrad
Jul 1, 2008

Can't they just watch the show from 20 years ago and see how it's done properly. This show is not loving complicated.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/59029375617740801

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

what

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lmfao

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/171251125717172225

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?
Stephen maybe take some of the large sums of money you make to be performatively outrage by things and just hire an intern to tweet "hey y'all First Take is starting in 10 minutes come get the Takes" every day and maybe make a few sly crab rangoon references to get those RTs

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBS and TBS execs explain the selection show a bit more.

TL;DR: The full list of the 68 team field will be announced in the first segment, before any commercial breaks. Full bracket will be revealed within the 1st hour (and I'm sure they'll drag the gently caress out of that). 2nd hour will just be analysis.

Having a studio audience seems weird as hell.

Also this:

quote:

There will also be a four-hour long social show leading up to the Selection Show on Bleacher Report and its social channels on YouTube, Twitter, Facebook, and NCAA.com, with Davis, Andy Katz, Steve Smith, Brendan Haywood, and Casey Stern providing coverage.

sounds absolutely horrible. what the absolute gently caress are you going to do for a 4 hour preshow?

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

ESPN and Fox are willing to pay Peyton :manning: 10 million loving dollars to be on air

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
Not breaking news or whatever but I am very happy that Katie Nolan has a podcast again, it has been v. entertaining and I'm glad she's out of her ban on talking about basically anything publicly.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

GobiasIndustries posted:

Not breaking news or whatever but I am very happy that Katie Nolan has a podcast again, it has been v. entertaining and I'm glad she's out of her ban on talking about basically anything publicly.

I love Katie Nolan, great podcast. Should have more than one show a week though.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

I never really got Katie Nolan and just figured out why: she is essentially the ur-example of “The Cool Girl” as outlined in Gone Girl

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Troy Queef posted:

I never really got Katie Nolan and just figured out why: she is essentially the ur-example of “The Cool Girl” as outlined in Gone Girl

She's part of the refreshing wave of young sports pundits who understand that sports are ridiculous.

MourningView
Sep 2, 2006

Is this Heaven?

Troy Queef posted:

she's funny

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Troy Queef posted:

She’s a sports nerd that tries to be funny about sports, this is a sports and comedy forum for nerds, the popularity should not confuse you.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Nolan is cut from some of the same cloth as Lebatard in that they aren't afraid to make fun of sports while still caring about it. For me that is more entertaining than monotone sports reader one or angry old man yelling at clouds.

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel
https://mobile.twitter.com/hqonespn/status/921142410201190400?lang=en

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Troy Queef posted:

Yes but what character from The Wire is she?

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Basticle posted:

Yes but what character from The Wire is she?

In an unexpected twist, Brother Mouzone

DJExile
Jun 28, 2007

CBS's Jon Rothstein has filed for a trademark on the phrase "This is March"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

DJExile posted:

Having a studio audience seems weird as hell.

I hope there's a large section of die-hard fans of some school that gets ridiculously snubbed and they proceed to boo and heckle the entire show.