Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Holy poo poo Rick actually made a cool improvised weapon

I don't know why jadis turned dumb though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
The apple sauce should have been that red kind

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Overall I didn't mind this episode, it had some redeemable parts

They really should have made half of this episode part of the premiere

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

moist turtleneck posted:

I don't know how one could perceive a person who has triple-crossed two groups, both of whom one does not want to gently caress around with, as not dumb. To me this is just Ogg taking out the trashkru, as seemed inevitable. Kinda amazed they didn't prolong the trash for even longer than this TBH.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
That was more in the context of her not knowing how to walk out of the dump and needing Rick's help

Like, just walk over the trash pile

You're already up there

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
https://i.imgur.com/5PBCLXv.gifv

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

:five:

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

Hm wel Enid should've got her throat cut for talking poo poo, trashkru got everything coming to them that was good and right and proper; ahilarious end to a pointless thread, Negan is still annoying and I'm not sure if it's the actors fault or if there's any different ways he could be playing the sub-par material he gets handed to be less so, or if that's just me maybe others like him still I dunno.

I did like how they got right back into showing Rick'n'Michonne bumming around getting into poo poo (however retarded) and not dwelling too much on Carl except in one or two scenes, which is a wholly appropriate amount, so I appreciated that. I even liked the Negan scene where he found out about Carl because that was a time he got to be an actual different facet of his character for once.

So yeah I didn't find it as aggressively bad as some but still it wasn't really good either was it.

^^^goddamnit I could've just said that.

Cactus fucked around with this message at 01:14 on Mar 6, 2018

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

https://i.imgur.com/1RnOrtw.mp4

edit: Haha that Bullshit Gif kind of justifies the entire episode for me.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

JossiRossi posted:

The dreams swirling owns

Still can't believe they are gonna gently caress over ftwd

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Morgan is moving to the fear the walking dead show somehow???????? How does he go from Alabama to mexico?

Astroman
Apr 8, 2001

moist turtleneck posted:

Holy poo poo Rick actually made a cool improvised weapon

I think she was just shell shocked.

Think about it--she's like Ezekiel, except instead of LARPing as a medieval king and getting a bunch of people to cosplay with him, she got a bunch of people to LARP as a degenerate, primitive, post apocalyptic society that was like 100 years removed from the modern day. They pretended they could barely speak English and half were probably college grads. She got a bunch of of truck drivers, housewives, store clerks, middle managers, medical device salesman, etc to do that and live like that day in and day out, while she sat around half naked making garbage art. So they were all pretty mentally weird. Then her entire world collapses in like 5 minutes. She's pretty gone I'd say.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I really thought she was going to at least toy with idea of jumping into Mr bones wild ride

Binary Logic
Dec 28, 2000

Fun Shoe

Tenzarin posted:

Morgan is moving to the fear the walking dead show somehow???????? How does he go from Alabama to mexico?

Step 4: Solar-powered helicopter at heli pad beside trash yard.

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

gently caress yes

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Shneak posted:

We're at the point where Jadis is my favourite character.

jfood posted:

this season is a holocaust.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
I hope FTWD's crossover also shows the origin of that CGI deer

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

The deer was who was feeding rats to the zombies through the fence back at the prison. And yea trashkween is deffo whisper lady.

Reivur
Nov 9, 2013

Stickarts posted:

The deer was who was feeding rats to the zombies through the fence back at the prison. And yea trashkween is deffo whisper lady.

The painful part is there's probably a few people who will unironically believe that if history repeats itself.

brocked
Oct 25, 2005

All shall love me and despair!
I'd like a gif where the CGI deer replaces the CGI boat at the end of the FTWD first season

Satchel and Trunk
Nov 4, 2008
Jadis is the poster child for the ‘play stupid games, win stupid prizes’ award.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh I wanna say that I really hope Tara finally dies, her being passive aggressive with dwight is lame and old at this point

I know she won't die because of demographic reasons but come on how many groups can she be a dick to and get away with it

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Oh and since Siddiq is a doctor does that mean the doctor from Hilltop is gonna get ate

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

Oh and since Siddiq is a doctor does that mean the doctor from Hilltop is gonna get ate

i thought he was already ded

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
e: wrong thread

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
I think he got sent to sanctuary to take care of the priest, the only person to get sick from zombie guts

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

GobiasIndustries posted:

e: wrong thread

Nunberg more like Bob the medic

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

moist turtleneck posted:

I think he got sent to sanctuary to take care of the priest, the only person to get sick from zombie guts

oh yeah, i guess i remember that

so many non-characters in this show.

who're we going to see make very forced, pained faces at the camera this upcoming week?

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Johnny Truant posted:

i thought he was already ded

There were actually two Dr. Carsons. One worked for the Saviors and Negan threw him head first into an open furnace. Then, realizing they had no doctor, they went and kidnapped his younger brother from Hilltop.

Current, younger Dr. Carson is making a break for it with Eugene and Gabriel, but I got a feeling he’s not gonna make it. Preview clips (I still check those out) has Gabriel having eye problems from his guts-induced infection.

E: Remember when they had a real doctor for all of two episodes of Season 4? I remember rolling my eyes because of course he was Indian. He died in the Hershel vs. the flu zombies arc, but sort of saved the day because he’d snuck weapons in.

LadyPictureShow fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Mar 6, 2018

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

JossiRossi posted:

GAZEBO

*burns*
Were we supposed to recall some sentimental thing about the gazebo?

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Michonne said something about her sitting on the roof with Carl (?)

it made no sense

I know it was supposed to be symbolic, but god drat their fists full of ham

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

I'm gonna come out and admit I actually liked the last episode. It wasn't perfect but it had enough redeeming qualities that I didn't care much about the imperfections.

I liked when Rick told Jadis "You did this to yourself" and threw his deuces to her. I liked when Enid was like "Sorry your grandma is dead but she did it to herself, maybe stop trying to murder everyone you meet." I liked when Simon was like "gently caress it" and obliterated Trashkru (even though the off-screen slaughter was cheesy).

Also I thought Jadis and Simon's acting were really good. Steven Ogg's acting is always good but I thought it was exceptional in this episode. It's also nice to finally have some kind of background info on where the trash people came from and why.

Acacia REI
Oct 8, 2016

JossiRossi posted:

I laughed until tears came out. Thank you lmfalololololhahaha

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum

Acacia REI posted:

I'm gonna come out and admit I actually liked the last episode. It wasn't perfect but it had enough redeeming qualities that I didn't care much about the imperfections.

I liked when Rick told Jadis "You did this to yourself" and threw his deuces to her. I liked when Enid was like "Sorry your grandma is dead but she did it to herself, maybe stop trying to murder everyone you meet." I liked when Simon was like "gently caress it" and obliterated Trashkru (even though the off-screen slaughter was cheesy).

Also I thought Jadis and Simon's acting were really good. Steven Ogg's acting is always good but I thought it was exceptional in this episode. It's also nice to finally have some kind of background info on where the trash people came from and why.

There's a big complicated post on reddit right now where someone thinks Jadis is a secret genius and there's a nuclear missile silo under the dump and she's the one keeping it from blowing up

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

moist turtleneck posted:

There's a big complicated post on reddit right now where someone thinks Jadis is a secret genius and there's a nuclear missile silo under the dump and she's the one keeping it from blowing up

This is so stupid it could be true

Hasselblad
Dec 13, 2017

My dumbass opinions are only outweighed by my racism.

No one forgot that I exist to defend violent cops, champion chaining down immigrants, and have trash opinions on cooking.

Acacia REI posted:

Ogg seems like he is channeling hate for something to fuel his acting. I cannot imagine what it could be. :thunk:

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
oof

I hope AMC doesn't decide this was the fault of this episode instead of understanding this is what happens when the premiere is a Major Turd

Because Sunday's episode was 10x better than the premiere

Boinks
Nov 24, 2003

I wanna know the back story of the Muslim woman who suddenly appeared after Trump got elected.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Boinks posted:

I wanna know the back story of the Muslim woman who suddenly appeared after Trump got elected.

Emerged from the same aether that all the redshirt non-characters came from like prison doctor, Beth's boyfriend etc. and will probably return to it one day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Boinks posted:

She was a cantaloupe farmer, the zombie apocalypse happened and she ended up in a settlement that needed farmers. That's pretty self-explanatory and oh dear gently caress this is the exact kind of slog The Walking Dead would spend an episode on