Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

girl pants
Sep 21, 2006
I feel a great disturbance in my pants
Me [21F] with my parents [50's M & F] and siblings, they're planning to go to the Harry Potter World without me. I've been a fan since I was 9.

quote:

u/kindawannago

Hello!

So, I've been a huge fan of Harry Potter since about 8-9 years old: own and read all the books, watched all the movies, knew everything about the characters, etc. My family also likes Harry Potter, but to a much more normal level: watched all the movies, liked them, but nothing else besides that, anytime they had a question about the movies they would ask me, and of course I'd gladly answer any doubts. Now everyone takes HP as nothing serious, just some cool movies and books.

So, since about April it was confirmed that I was traveling to another country for a summer school of two weeks in another country (YAY!!) in July, and I'm still so happy and excited for it, everything is paid for thansk to a scholarship and it's gonna be amazing.

Anyways, fast foward to last week, my mom said as a joke 'Let's go to Harry Potter World in July' (We live near California, some hours away). I took it as a joke, something that was not serious and said something like 'Don't forget about me lol, Im gonna be gone for two weeks.'.

Then, a few days after that, my parents started to seriously hint that truly they (parents + siblings) were planning to go. Once I noticed that they were serious, I asked why would they go...I mean, ANYONE can go if they want, but I saw no actual reason why would they actually plan to go if they didn't like HP that much, to the extent of paying several hundreds of dollars to go instead of going somewhere else.

They said that my dad boss suggested the idea to go, but never put a date on it, just said "Let's visit it this summer". So it would be his family and mine. Since his kids are school aged, summer means between June and August 7th, and college for me starts before August 1st, so I'd be busy during that first week until December.

Anyways, I started to plead them to not go on that date, and since there's not a fixed date they could talk about it and put a day when I'm home and to please not exclude me. At first I said it in a light manner, to look not too desperate, but this week I've hearing the same commentaries and pleaded again to not leave me behind 100% seriously. It is not a joke to me, since I was a little girl it's been always my dream to try Butterbeer, to buy a Gryffindor scarf, to go and eat at Hog's Head...you get me.

I know that my dad boss was the one who suggested the idea and the one who will say when, and its kinda hard that my dad can go against his word (if my dad boss hadn't said anything, we wouldn't had even thought about going, its an expense that we can make but prefer not to).

(This doesn't mean that we or my dad go to and spend on everything this guy suggests, but since we are not going out on vacations this year this small travel might as well count as that.)

Reddit, I know myself and I know I'm gonna be severely depressed and down for months if they go without me. If they go now without me they won't go later on X-mas since we're not that rich, they're gonna go just because its more of a compromise instead of true leisure and this is my last "long" summer before having adultier vacations for the rest of my life. I won't have time to go or money, I'd be having other expenses.

What can I do? Or if I can't do anything, what can I do to get over it or fight the depressing fallout? I'm almost 100% sure that if I see a bottle of Butterbeer or even a small chocolate frog that they bring me for pity I'm gonna cry my eyes out and probably lock myself in my room for a whole day, maybe two. Yeah, that bad it can be.

tl;dr: Family probably will go to Harry Potter World when I'm not home because of my dad boss, I've been a fan for more than 10 years, will get depressed if they go without me. What can I do?

Yikes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

girl pants posted:

Me [21F] with my parents [50's M & F] and siblings, they're planning to go to the Harry Potter World without me. I've been a fan since I was 9.

Yikes

Dare I ask why she can't go alone at 21 years of age, without her parents, possibly with a friend or a romantic partner?

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
I’m going to go to Japan and talk like my anime friends Popuko and Pipimi AND THIS IS TOTALLY OKAY.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

girl pants posted:

Yikes

I hope this person gets depression.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I [30 M] have never had a girlfriend. I don't even know how to "have fun". How do you "have fun"?

quote:

Hi reddit. I just turned 30. 6'0, 177lb if it's relevant. I have not had a girlfriend and at this rate I doubt I ever will. I need to change myself and I don't know where to start. Please help, or at least, let me rant a bit.

Do you remember the quiet, reticent Asian kid who sat in the corner and read books? I was that kid. I was the kid who wore same thing every day because he had nothing else, and didn't know that wasn't the norm. Part of me knew but didn't care. I grew up poor and that has been the focus of my life so far. To get out of poverty and be financially secure. My passion was math and engineering so that worked out.

I rarely drank, or partied in college. It was much easier to either spend time gaming and talking with friends without drinking. I never quite got why drinking was "fun". I still don't. For whatever free time I had, I spent them on games and books. Also I had to work side jobs to make ends meet. I graduated without no debt. I graduated around early 2010 and RIM(I'm a Canadian, eh), now Blackberry, imploded into smitherins. That impacted me and I had to compromise. Canadian tech scene just wasn't as fancy as American counterparts and I wish I had just gone to States then. To spare you the details, I ended up on an industry that I just didn't see the future in, and I wanted out. I spent the next few years freelancing/startup-ing/and overall improving my technical skills. Again, it was easy for me as my life hasn't changed much. Go to work/school, do your work, go to library and read/study, work on your side project a bit, and sleep. Rince and repeat.

I finally "got out" and got a tech job in Seattle. Now I really wish I had done that sooner because the money is amazing. Technical recognition is also pretty sweet. Late last year, I got promoted in this American job and that changed things for me a bit. For the first time in my life, I didn't have to worry about anything - I knew I was good enough to fear firing. Substantial increase of my paycheque let me think maybe I could loosen up a little. I felt... peace. I didn't feel the need to worry anymore. I was surviving without much effort, finally.

I had thought getting to that stage would get me peace and happiness, free from the perennial restlessness. Boy was I wrong. Maslow's hierarchy of the needs kicked in. I found my mind wandering about. I started noticing stuff that I hadn't in the past. I started noticing people having fun. Having someone else. A cute couple holding hands, for example. I started noticing a distinct lack thereof in my life. Nomadic life with constant moving made me friends here and there, but nowhere to call home and social circle.

I can even pin point the exact day which I, for the first time in my life, felt lonely. I was alone for the most of my life and that was the way things were. I never gave it it much thought. Now that I noticed it, It's on my mind constantly. I started doing things I hadn't done before. I started working out in a gym; I picked up an instrument I had always wanted to play; I started going out to several book-club meetups; I finally started writing the story I wanted to; I even started thinking about getting a car as well.

The issue is - none of that involve other people(minus the meetup). Self improvement is good and fine but my issue is that I need to meet people. It's something I just haven't done before. My friends say I need to "just get out and have fun" but I don't even know what that means. My younger coworkers took me to a club several times and I really don't see why it's an enjoyable experience. I resent that I haven't had fun in my twenties. I feel that I threw away my "best" years in terms of having fun and I'm getting old. I tried several online (tinder was it?) dating but I haven't gotten any matches after a month.

I now get calls from relatives that "know some daughters" looking to marry. A 30-year-old engineer is a hot commodity, apparently. If anything that's even more depressing.

So, here's my question. How do you have fun? Where do you meet people? What should I be doing that I'm not already?

TL;DR I spent my life trying to "survive". I don't need to do that anymore and all the missed youth stings. I don't know how to "have fun" or even where to start being a normal person. Where do I start?

Chicken Doodle
May 16, 2007

Haifisch posted:

I [30 M] have never had a girlfriend. I don't even know how to "have fun". How do you "have fun"?

Open the relationship with alcohol.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Haifisch posted:

There are plenty of raised in crippling poverty women who will be broken in all the same ways as you so do consider that option.

flick my Mr. Bean
Nov 18, 2014

Inescapable Duck posted:

I care about the plight of the disabled up until the exact moment I actually have to acknowledge, let alone think about how they are actually disabled

Their thought processes stop right before they have to decide between "disabled people cannot experience everything" and "disabled people can experience everything but they're lazy"

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Elephant Ambush posted:

I love that a large percentage of the people itt supposedly mocking other broken people are at least as broken as the people they're so desperately trying to feel superior to :laugh:

it took you over 2500 pages to generate this hot take? :lol:

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

girl pants posted:

Yikes

why the gently caress does she keep saying "dad boss"

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Caganer posted:

why the gently caress does she keep saying "dad boss"

Her Father's Supervisor at his Place of Employment

or

Dad's Boss

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Ham Sandwiches posted:

Her Father's Supervisor at his Place of Employment

or

Dad's Boss

maybe she's combining weird fetishes

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

My mom (50s/F) forgot I (29/F) existed and gave her dog my name; my siblings (24&27/F&M) won’t stop teasing me

quote:

My name is Luann, but for as long as I can remember I’ve gone by Lulu. Everyone in my family calls me Lulu, I go by Lulu at work, just about everywhere I go by Lulu. My mom is the one that originally gave me the nickname, and her memory has recently been going downhill for a lot of reasons. We hired a caregiver for her, but my mom has been frustrated with her lack of independence. She raised the 3 of us herself, and has worked until she couldn’t remember where she was working at. My brother got the permission of her caregiver, and bought her a puppy this past weekend.

My mom named it Lulu. Her caregiver told me that she was insistent on the name and said it rang a bell, but she didn’t remember anyone with the name. She had suggested other names, but my mom insisted Lulu and when the caregiver said that she had a daughter named Lulu, she insisted she didn’t- she only has two kids, my brother and sister. It’s beyond upsetting. It’s sort of the final confirmation that my mom is really going. She doesn’t even remember my name or who I am. We knew it was coming- she doesn’t remember being married, she doesn’t remember her street name. But she remembered us and that was important. The fact that she doesn’t remember me hurts so badly I started to cry when I heard.

My siblings have been teasing me about it non-stop and it stings. I got breakfast with my sister today and she kept laughing about it and saying “of course” our mom would forget me first, I’m the oldest. She kept barking at me and asking if she wanted me to get a collar to “match my twin.” I told her how upsetting it was, and she told me to lighten up and get over myself, our mom was going to forget us all at one point. My brother photoshopped dog Lulu’s head onto my body and asked if it would jog our mom’s memory. I’ve been crying non-stop. The worst was my sister saying it was a good thing my mom couldn’t remember me. We had a really rough relationship for several years because I switched from an engineering major to a theatre major and ended up dropping out in the end. It was really important to me to try and preserve the relationship we’d built up after that. It was so important to me that I maintained that relationship we had. My sister told me it was good that she got to forget all the years of hardship we endured together, even at the expense of the happiness.

I’ve not stopped crying and it’s taken me so long to write this post because it hurts just to type it. How do I get them to stop? How do I cope?

TL;DR: My mother forgot about my existence and named her dog my name. My siblings won’t stop making fun of me for it
Mom demented, siblings sociopaths, so what?

The_end
May 17, 2014

Palpek posted:

My mom (50s/F) forgot I (29/F) existed and gave her dog my name; my siblings (24&27/F&M) won’t stop teasing me

A great archaeologist is named after the dog as well.

Jeza
Feb 13, 2011

The cries of the dead are terrible indeed; you should try not to hear them.
it's weird that she forgot her oldest child first, but maybe it's because she left the house first? idk

anyway she should never forgive her siblings and ignore them forever

slouch
Mar 10, 2009

girl pants posted:

Yikes

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is absolute trash. Literally the whole thing is one big gift shop. A very well decorated and insanely expensive gift shop. They didn't even make it Hogwarts, they just built the loving street in London or whatever where Harry goes to buy all his school supplies. It's incredibly depressing how transparent of a shill the whole thing is. She's better off not going.

Palpek posted:

The mother forgetting her first daughter but insisting on naming the new dog after her had the potential to be a sweet, if heartbreaking moment. Mom is still attached to her daughter emotionally even while her mind is forgetting. Then the siblings started barking at their elder sister and made the whole thing awful.

:murder:

slouch fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Mar 6, 2018

LadyPictureShow
Nov 18, 2005

Success!

Jeza posted:

it's weird that she forgot her oldest child first, but maybe it's because she left the house first? idk

anyway she should never forgive her siblings and ignore them forever

Dementia’s unpredictable sometimes. Sucks for the OP in that story. Her siblings are total fucknuts.

30 Goddamned Dicks
Sep 8, 2010

I will leave you to flounder in your cesspool of primeval soup, you sad, lonely, little cowards.
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

Her siblings are total fucknuts.

Yeah holy poo poo. Instead of realizing how much of a horror show it is that mom is literally losing her mind they're making fun of their older sister. :murder: is too good for them.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
My friend [27M] offered to host me [24F] and my boyfriend [25M] in my home city, then revoked offer (self.relationships)

quote:

I moved abroad about a year and a half ago. The last time I visited my home country was over a year ago. Flights are extremely expensive, and I'm still in college so money is very tight.

When I moved, I casually let everyone I knew know that they had a couch or bed to sleep on if they chose to visit me. That was a genuine offer, and so far, the only friend who took me up on it was a good one I've known for about six years, we'll call him Caleb. He stayed with me for just shy of a week about six weeks ago. During that time, he told me if I chose to visit my home city, I could stay with him. This was really important since my mother doesn't have room for me and unfortunately I have lost touch with a lot of people because of the distance and because I haven't been able to travel home more than once. While he was here, he met my longterm boyfriend, Sam. I asked Caleb if Sam could come along since he's expressed interest in seeing where I'm from. Caleb said sure, but we made no concrete plans.

The last day Caleb was here, he made a comment that was something along the lines of "If you come back home, we should date." I laughed because he and I are absolutely not compatible in any way, and I genuinely thought he was joking. He told me he wasn't, and I explained how strange a comment that was, as if I'd break up with Sam to go back with him, someone I've never thought of that way. He seemed to accept that.

Caleb and I talk almost daily, and this hypothetical trip has come up more than once in terms of what we'd like to, what I want to show Sam, etc. Last night, Sam and I sat down and decided on flights and accommodation in another city that we want to visit. We didn't book anything yet. Today when I told Caleb the dates, he said he didn't think it would be okay if Sam came along.

I have to say I am pretty angry. I haven't been home in over a year, and I miss it to death. I'm from a very expensive city that does not have hostels, so we'd be looking at an extra €700-800 minimum for accommodation, which I literally cannot afford. The entire trip was based on his offer. I have reached out to a few other friends I have there, but none of them have a spare bedroom and a couple have already said no.

I guess my question is, how big of a deal is this in terms of my friendship with this person? Is this the deal-breaker? I told him I was a bit upset and wouldn't be able to make it unless someone else pulled through. To me it feels like he was still hoping I'd drop Sam and stay with him and somehow he'd get with me, and the whole thing just feels really icky. At this point, even if he comes back and says Sam can come, I just don't feel quite right about it.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Caganer posted:

My friend [27M] offered to host me [24F] and my boyfriend [25M] in my home city, then revoked offer (self.relationships)

He literally only wants to gently caress you, op. He will rape you.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Caganer posted:

I mean it's obviously a deal breaker but what's the problem here? Dude was straight up and made it pretty dang clear "I want to date you. You shouldn't bring a boyfriend if you stay with me". And she found this out before any concrete plans were made or money paid for travel. So it's a clean break. Nobody deceived anybody else and nobody lost anything in the process.

Obviously the friendship is basically over but I don't see that anyone was wronged here.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Caganer posted:

Friend is a manipulative rear end in a top hat. What I'd like to know is which city this could be: " I'm from a very expensive city that does not have hostels, so we'd be looking at an extra €700-800 minimum for accommodation"
I've been to a lot of very big cities in Europe and they all have hostels, not to mention hotels in many different price ranges and airbnb options.

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
I [24 F] am beginning to resent my boyfriend's[28 M] "Peter Pan Syndrome". Is it time to leave?

quote:

My boyfriend and I have been together for three years. We were coworkera and close friends for a while before getting together and our relationship started out strong with great communication and mutual feelings of excitement about being together. About six months on marriage was casually brought up (we were watching a movie and he says "are you gonna wear something like that when we get married?") And it lead to a serious conversation about goals. We both knew we wanted to marry each other and would talk about it frequently.

Somewhere along the way this all stopped. He stopped bringing it up in sweet ways and would get somewhat defensive and nearly... irritable? when I would bring it up. He began asking "whats the rush?" And "why are you do anxious to get married?" This kind of hurt. A lot. I felt true joy at the idea of marrying him and he....feels like I'm in a rush. I stopped bringing it up casually and vegan to bring it up periodically to check in on our goals. I try very hard to tell him what ever his feelings are, they are okay. If he's not ready, that's fine! I just want to be on the same page. He continuously says "i am ready. I'm gonna do it. Soon I promise"

Birthdays come and go. Holidays pass. Anniversaries go uncelebrated. He says "do we even know when our anniversary is?" And yes. We do know exactly because we had our conversation about trying out a relationship the same night of a mutual friends birthday who happened to be an ex and we ran into him. Even still, we know the general time of year. He doesn't do anything for these days. For my birthday he got me a deep tissue massage from Groupon (something I've really wanted, so this was thoughful) but he did it last minute and printesd it on the back of some scratch paper and just....handed it to me. I felt terrible because other friends gave me things and I showed real excitement over them and o was just kind of....meh about that. He felt snubbed.

He just doesn't seem to want to grow up. He wants to stay up late playing video games and ends up chugging two energy drinks and a five hour energy to get through the day and just napping all the time. He drinks five or six beers every night. This is obviously -to me- controbuting to hia depression and lack of drive and motivation. For all of these things he says he's working on them. Am I just being impatient? Am I expecting too much from him? Is this just....who he Is? I'm so tired of waiting for a proposal. Of waiting for him to want to grow up.

Apart from all of this he's a wonderful person. He's my best friend and makes me laugh like no one else. He works hard to help understand my depression and anxiety when they flare up, he keeps the house in order when I can't drag myself out of bed. I guess sometimes I worry that I've worn him down.

Tldr: boyfriend and I have been talking about marriage for years but I am still waiting for a proposal. He has several less than mature habits that I'm starting to resent and I'm starting to wonder if I'm waiting around for a man I built in my own head.
Stay with him forever and follow your destiny of cleaning up after an alcoholic forever.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Avenging_Mikon posted:

He literally only wants to gently caress you, op. He will rape you.

that uh sounds a bit strong considering he stayed at her place for a week with no issue. Dude realized he doesn't wanna have her and her bf crash at his place cause he has feelings for her, he was open about them and clear about why same wasn't invited. Friendship should be over cause he obviously can't handle his feelings but dude doesn't sound like some awful rapist to me, just a dweeb who's carried a torch for too long.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
Constantly mom him so he doesn’t have to grow up and also resents you

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

slouch posted:

The Wizarding World of Harry Potter is absolute trash. Literally the whole thing is one big gift shop. A very well decorated and insanely expensive gift shop. They didn't even make it Hogwarts, they just built the loving street in London or whatever where Harry goes to buy all his school supplies. It's incredibly depressing how transparent of a shill the whole thing is. She's better off not going.

The wand shop show is really cute to watch, but you can see the facial expression of the parent fall into despair once they realize there is no way they are leaving the shop without buying that $100 toy stick.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Dienes posted:

The wand shop show is really cute to watch, but you can see the facial expression of the parent fall into despair once they realize there is no way they are leaving the shop without buying that $100 toy stick.

That show is the single most beautiful piece of merchandising ever devised and the father gruffly telling his son hes not buying him a twig and he cant go to hogwarts while the child bitterly weeps is a memory I will cherish forever

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Pick posted:

Constantly mom him so he doesn’t have to grow up and also resents you

this will backfire when the more she acts like a mom the more aroused the redditor becomes

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

ArbitraryC posted:

that uh sounds a bit strong considering he stayed at her place for a week with no issue. Dude realized he doesn't wanna have her and her bf crash at his place cause he has feelings for her, he was open about them and clear about why same wasn't invited. Friendship should be over cause he obviously can't handle his feelings but dude doesn't sound like some awful rapist to me, just a dweeb who's carried a torch for too long.

Yes, I’m obviously serious. Here, on this forum where the op will never see what I post.

This is why I don’t gimmick post. I’m not cut out for it.

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

Friend is a manipulative rear end in a top hat. What I'd like to know is which city this could be: " I'm from a very expensive city that does not have hostels, so we'd be looking at an extra €700-800 minimum for accommodation"
I've been to a lot of very big cities in Europe and they all have hostels, not to mention hotels in many different price ranges and airbnb options.

probably iceland/finland/norway/sweden

they do technically have hostels but even hostels are like 50/night and hostels fill up quick it might not be possible to book something for two on this short notice

when i backpacked europe i pre-booked all the housing months in advance

Caganer
Feb 15, 2018
My Husband (32M) has 0 Motivation since his Raid Streak was broken in Pokémon Go.Non-Romantic
(self.relationships)

quote:

My Husband and I went out and played Pokémon Go yesterday. He was itching to go out and make his Rayquaza Raid Catch Streak 6 for 6 cause an Artist on the Internet promised him a free Pornographic female Mega Rayquaza Art if he could prove that he made 6 for 6. But that wasn't the main reason why he wanted 6 for 6. He wanted 2 keep his streak alive for as long as he possibly could. Plus he wanted 2 beat Josh, a Master Raider's Record of 5 for 5.

My Husband was 5 for 5 when we went out. Almost the entire Day went by b4 a Rayquaza Raid showed up. He was getting frustrated due to lack of Rayquaza Raids. When there was 1, 'twas already 4:30 P.M.

Gym was his Team, he figured that he'd have plenty of chances 2 catch Rayquaza with Gym Control. Somebody started trying 2 take the Gym down. My Husband countered by using Golden Razz Berries to max out the Gym. 'Twas Valor for him. But that didn't matter.

Now we've had our share of Bugs during Raid Catching that hinders us from catching the Raid Pokémon. Well, he had every single Bug he's ever encountered in his Year of raiding strung into 1 Raid Catch. Balls dropping, Balls randomly appearing all over the Screen, Bonuses not counting, the List goes on. And it got worse for him yet.

His last 2 Balls had the same randomly appearing all over the Screen Bug. and he wasn't a happy Camper. His Streak broken. Said it wasn't worth coming out here and wasn't worth wasting his Golden Razz Berries on the Gym cause it didn't even matter.

He said he knew it would break eventually but it was too soon and he didn't want to go down like this. "The Game didn't play fair" he muttered.

He's been a nervous wreck since. 'Twas a beautiful Day today and the last one for the predictable future and it was his 1st Day of Spring Break and he didn't even want 2 go out today, "Not worth it he says. Catching a Rayquaza won't give me my Streak back."

And since that unfortunate Event yesterday, he doesn't want to do much of anything but sit there in a depressed look.

I love him dearly. I want to offer him Advice but I need help as 2 what to say. He's really upset about this. It's not affecting our Marriage or Relationship or anything. I just want to pass on some Advice 2 Him.

What can I say to cheer him up and get his Motivation back? I don't like seeing him like this cause I want him 2 be happy.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
You know you can just pay internet artists to make the porn. Just play the real Pokémon games if you want a time sink for a false sense of accomplishment.

Skutter
Apr 8, 2007

Well you can fuck that sky high!

How do you stay married to a guy who really wants some personalized Pokemon porn *and* gets loving depressed over a phone game?

Bored
Jul 26, 2007

Dude, ix-nay on the oice-vay.

Palpek posted:

My friend's mom got a pair of elkhounds and have them the same names as her (friend's mom) children. My friend was a bit annoyed. My friend's mother is not suffering from dementia.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

Based solely on her random capitalization and the fact that she said ‘twas multiple times I am going to take a wild guess and say she is also crazy.

Clark Nova
Jul 18, 2004

Caganer posted:

My Husband (32M) has 0 Motivation since his Raid Streak was broken in Pokémon Go.Non-Romantic
(self.relationships)

This post makes me want to stop living. The only redeeming virtue is that she correctly identified her interactions with her husband as "non-romantic."

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Skutter posted:

How do you stay married to a guy who really wants some personalized Pokemon porn *and* gets loving depressed over a phone game?
Based on the level of inane detail I don't understand in that post I'm guessing it's because the OP is equally invested in getting Pokemon porn and only isn't depressed like him because they've never had a 5 for 5 streak and been so close to greatness before.

Ham Sandwiches
Jul 7, 2000

Lol its cool that she married pokemon raid guy and he can't even do that properly with his wife tagging along, getting owned by software bugs and literal children

It also owns that she can't follow the reddit rules and include her age in the title or a tldr and writes 2 instead of to

in short I have a suspicion everything is as it should be with the Pokemon Couple other than the grieving period for the husband's loss :rip:

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

LadyPictureShow posted:

Dementia’s unpredictable sometimes. Sucks for the OP in that story. Her siblings are total fucknuts.

30 Goddamned Dicks posted:

Yeah holy poo poo. Instead of realizing how much of a horror show it is that mom is literally losing her mind they're making fun of their older sister. :murder: is too good for them.

Oh, balls to that. If you can't laugh about your mom vanishing and leaving behind a hollow shell, I don't know what my siblings and I would do. If she named a dog after me, it wouldn't be the first time in my life a dotty old bat couldn't tell me and a housepet apart.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dudeness
Mar 5, 2010

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
Fallen Rib

Caganer posted:

(self.relationships)

Dress up like Rayquaza and seduce him.