Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Monster Hunter is cool but it seems incredibly dumb that I can be fighting a dragon or something for like 15 minutes and then it just decides to fly off the map

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

suuma posted:

Monster Hunter is cool but it seems incredibly dumb that I can be fighting a dragon or something for like 15 minutes and then it just decides to fly off the map

Don't fight poo poo in expeditions.

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
That's fair. I didn't know that mattered.

I was just about to kill my first Rathian and off he goes :saddowns:

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i can't believe that Pikmin and Pikmin 2 were made for the same console. Pikmin feels like a demo for the actual game of Pikmin 2. The graphics, the environments, the gameplay, the difference between a launch game and a game from mid-cycle is crazy.

And that makes Smash Melee, which came out at the same time and feels ageless, even more impressive.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

pikmin 1 is 100x better than 2

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
gently caress you ocieros, are you darks souls one or bloodbourne, make up your bloody mind

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

DC Murderverse posted:

i can't believe that Pikmin and Pikmin 2 were made for the same console. Pikmin feels like a demo for the actual game of Pikmin 2. The graphics, the environments, the gameplay, the difference between a launch game and a game from mid-cycle is crazy.

And that makes Smash Melee, which came out at the same time and feels ageless, even more impressive.

oddium posted:

pikmin 1 is 100x better than 2

I really want a game that's like pikmin 1 but with the advancements or graphics or new pikmin from 2 and 3.

Having to control two dudes and hop between them is a cool idea but... just not as fun. I just wanna go back to pikmin 1.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
goddamn kaizou chounin shubibinman zero is one of the best action games i've played. give this game a look, it's a bit on the easy side but it feels so goddamn fun to play from beginning to end and it's only about forty minutes long and you can play it co-op

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzwZIQe4ngI

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎

al-azad
May 28, 2009

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLfr8Kr5mG4

This is being designed by an 18 year old and I'm just... what am I doing with my life???

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

i can't believe i've played this for 40+ hours, spring year 2, and i've barely used a quarter of my plot

what the gently caress game

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Thankful for the Final Fantasy XV demo on PC, wasn't sure if that game would run or not on my PC, but it turns out it runs beautifully at 60fps. Decided to buy it, so i'll be double dipping as I already own the PS4 version. :homebrew:

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

DC Murderverse posted:

On a technical level I agree but Pikmin 1 scratches a completely different itch and is easier for me to just pick up and start a new file in.

Pikmin trilogy for switch...? :(

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

Ciaphas posted:

i can't believe i've played this for 40+ hours, spring year 2, and i've barely used a quarter of my plot

what the gently caress game

I wish I could more easily screenshot my switch farm, I've got a staggered "orchard" of non-fruit trees that looks lovely in fall

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ciaphas posted:

On the one hand lol/quoting for posterity, but on the other ITB is quite a lot less RNG fuckery than FTL for actually getting a clear so good luck

And enjoy it, it's a fantastic game

First try easy game for babies :smug:

(I was playing on normal though)

Seems like a great game. Definitely wanna play it more.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

DC Murderverse posted:

i much prefer 1 over 2, even though I love all 3 pikmin games. they had drat fun coop too with their time trial maps. its like mercenaries mode with pikmin

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Internet Kraken posted:

First try easy game for babies :smug:

(I was playing on normal though)

Seems like a great game. Definitely wanna play it more.

nooo my schadenfreude :arghfist::saddowns: (ty for not killing me ingame tho)

The different squads have a lot of variability that really changes how you examine each turn. Try out the Rusting Hulks next IMO

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Looper posted:

I wish I could more easily screenshot my switch farm, I've got a staggered "orchard" of non-fruit trees that looks lovely in fall

This game honestly makes me wish I had a better eye for aesthetics, I'm no good at making things like this look pretty or well-designed :(

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

al-azad posted:

This is being designed by an 18 year old and I'm just... what am I doing with my life???

Is this twee?

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
I enjoyed the variety of enemies and the epic feel of the battles and boss fights in Pikmin 2, but I enjoyed Pikmin 1's atmosphere of slowly counting down to your death and trying to survive while exploring your surroundings under a constant time limit more than Pikmin 2's unlimited days, randomized cavern layouts, and less pressure on needing to get things done mainly due to the caves being designed in a way that would require you to have infinite time in order to explore them thoroughly. Pikmin 3 did a good job of combining those two together, but imo it fails to really capture the variety of creatures and the ecosystem present in Pikmin 2 and fails to capture the tense survival atmosphere of Pikmin 1 until the last stretch of the game.

Man-At-Legs is a tense fight. Pikmin 2 had lots of tense fights, but Man-At-Legs in particular is a fight that told a story. Just going up to that fucker and realizing that not only was this a beady-long-legs, it was a cybernetic one that had absorbed into itself some kind of functional machine gun and, as a result, you and your pikmin now had to hide up against trench walls while the enemy fired at you, desperately hoping that none of his bullets would manage to clip any of your pikmin that weren't close enough to the trench walls to be covered by them.

DC Murderverse
Nov 10, 2016

"Tell that to Zod's snapped neck!"

i didn't know that people who liked Pikmin 1 more than 2 existed. I actually bought Pikmin 1 for the first time today. I played it literally when I first got my Gamecube (December 2001), but that was a rental, and I borrowed it to play again at some point during the time between then and now (with the Wii controls, which are surprisingly intuitive once you get used to them), but once I got Pikmin 2 my urge to play the first game just didn't exist. It's such an improvement on every level. And then 3 came and it mostly hits the same itch but there's less variety in treasures which was one of my favorite things about 2.

A trilogy would be very dope, but it would have to be a Crash Bandicoot remake-esque total rebuild. You don't have to add in the new Pikmin types or extra captains to the old stages or anything but building everything in the Pikmin 3 engine and maybe putting a little more enemy variety and color to the earlier stages would be ideal. Put that on the Switch and I'd pay an absurd amount for it.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

VideoGames posted:

I have decided a new Kirby avatar each month and they all have to be as varied as possible. I have the one for April all ready to go after this too 😁

I suggest Kirby Adventure's Mix portrait, it's very good and I'd use it myself if I could.

A chill Kirb

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

quick someone suggest a condiment that makes boneless skinless chicken breast taste less bland

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

Homemade ketchup

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

quick someone suggest a condiment that makes boneless skinless chicken breast taste less bland

https://www.amazon.com/Pico-Gallos-...XGWRR1NPWMWBRWZ

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

put some of the chicken in a blender and sauce it with itself

al-azad
May 28, 2009

chumbler posted:

Is this twee?

It takes place in a forest so yes, there are twees.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

tried yellow mustard, now full of chicken and also regret

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Ciaphas posted:

franks hot sauce and butter

Ciaphas posted:

tried yellow mustard, now full of chicken and also regret

nooooooooo

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Doorknob Slobber posted:

franks hot sauce and butter

nooooooooo

regret intensifies in the face of the obvious in hindsight correct choice

i should mix a bunch of that up and just jar it in the pantry as buffalo sauce

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Frank's is also a good option. It's not a condiment, but white wine and basil are a pretty good mix for making chicken.

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

Ciaphas posted:

Paprika, dude! Come on! Coat it until you have a thick crust.

Also, next time you're at the store buy all the dry ingredients to Tikka Masala. You can keep them forever in a big mixed bag and just take out a tablespoon or so next time you make chicken. Tablespoon of that dry sauce, half-cup or so of yogurt, and an 8 oz chicken breast is perfect.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

al-azad posted:

spoiler you get to the forest but your mom deer dies and the rest of the game is in black and white

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Ciaphas posted:

Horse radish

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The White Dragon posted:

spoiler you get to the forest but your mom deer dies and the rest of the game is in black and white

its by an 18 year old boy. your mom dies and then the rest of the game has a ton of gross black-and-red monsters violently tearing apart rabbits and deer and eating them and then you gain the ability to buck them with your horns and then in the final cutscene its revealed that actually the monsters... were humans...

axelblaze
Oct 18, 2006

Congratulations The One Concern!!!

You're addicted to Ivory!!

and...oh my...could you please...
oh my...

Grimey Drawer
Today I was embarrassed to see I had not actually beat Rez Infinite yet, despite having it since launch and certainly playing level 5 a bunch because I love that level. I also found just how much you can wreck the boss of the game if you mash fast enough. I've always had trouble with it because of the gently caress ton of of barely manageable missiles it shoots at you during the phase where it's open but this time I mashed enough that it barely got any missiles out. Oh well.

Anyways, Rez is dope in VR

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

I need to buy a bunch of vibrators and build a trance vibration suit for rez VR

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

glam rock hamhock posted:

Anyways, Rez is dope in VR

Now try Area X :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

Ciaphas posted:

Mix 1/4 cup of hellman's mayo with 1/4 cup of maple syrup

• Locked thread