Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kris xK
Apr 23, 2010
So if I wanted to do a Dolon hunt I need to be able to use Archwing in PoE, correct?

Guess I should learn how to fish...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Don't NEED to, but it definitely makes it a lot easier. I haven't gotten into the 3-set hunting yet, but getting 5 or 6 teralysts in a night isn't too difficult if you have some decent gear.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

You do kind of need a decent amp, though.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Kris xK posted:

So if I wanted to do a Dolon hunt I need to be able to use Archwing in PoE, correct?

Guess I should learn how to fish...

Since this came up, if people need fish for their amps or archwangs or whatever, hit me up when I'm on and I'll hook you up. Got a couple warehouses worth fished up and no real use for it.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Yeah, in order to clear a bunch in a night, you definitely need at least a Schwaak amp. A 212 is drat good early investment if you plan on going into it.

Here's how I went about spending my early Eidolon loot as a high-MR player:

Built a 111 amp just to get into things. Invested from the slow trickle of early kills into a 212 to speed things up. After that, built a set of Magus Vigor (+health) Arcanes, a set of Magus Husk (+armor) Arcanes, then a 232 amp. After that was a set of Virtuous Fury Amp Arcanes for the extra damage on the 232.

I also built a 333 and a 123 in there, but I'm crazy and had a resource booster up for a month or two. The Husks and 232/Fury are the big deals. My next target is my next rank in the Quills, then a set of Magus Replenish (restores health on void dash) Aracnes to replace my Vigors.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i still think the main difficulty is not being able to see jack poo poo.

loving this. Turning down the lightshow would help no end.

Sarsapariller posted:

Well that and how literally no mechanic related to the fight is explained in-game except through vague and unhelpful voice callouts.

Also this, though by now you kind of just accept it as Warframe's 'thing', much like Blizzard's inability to release anything on time became Soon™, and keep the wiki handy. Which isn't so bad once you make it less obnoxious with adblocker and some custom styles* to hide poo poo.

If wikia ever goes broke due to assholes like me adblocking it, DE are going to have to sort something out though.

*if anyone else hates the wikia clutter:

code:
body { background: none !important; }

.mixed-content-footer, .featured-video-wrapper, .featured-video__wrapper, .wds-global-footer, #WikiaRailWrapper, .page-header__contribution {
    display: none !important;
}

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

xiansi posted:

Also this, though by now you kind of just accept it as Warframe's 'thing', much like Blizzard's inability to release anything on time became Soon™, and keep the wiki handy.

You're right, but the problem isn't the "Known unknowns" to use a Rumsfeld-ism, it's the "Unknown-unknowns," the things the game doesn't tell you and you didn't even know to look up.

Ferinstance: focus, waybounds, and brilliant eidolon shards. Did you know that there are focus nodes that are "Way-bound" in the various trees, and that these can be "Un-bound" to allow you to basically use them while having some other tree set as your primary? I didn't! There is absolutely zero indication that that is a thing! Also, did you know that brilliant eidolon shards can be converted into focus, that you can use this to go beyond the daily focus cap, and also the shards are required to do the final un-binding of those nodes? I had no idea! I'd heard people mention unbounds, and I'd heard them say that eidolons were a great focus farm, but there is literally zero text in the game that actually indicates what all these shards you're getting are for.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Echophonic posted:

Yeah, in order to clear a bunch in a night, you definitely need at least a Schwaak amp. A 212 is drat good early investment if you plan on going into it.

Here's how I went about spending my early Eidolon loot as a high-MR player:

Built a 111 amp just to get into things. Invested from the slow trickle of early kills into a 212 to speed things up. After that, built a set of Magus Vigor (+health) Arcanes, a set of Magus Husk (+armor) Arcanes, then a 232 amp. After that was a set of Virtuous Fury Amp Arcanes for the extra damage on the 232.

I also built a 333 and a 123 in there, but I'm crazy and had a resource booster up for a month or two. The Husks and 232/Fury are the big deals. My next target is my next rank in the Quills, then a set of Magus Replenish (restores health on void dash) Aracnes to replace my Vigors.

Gonna have to disagree with... well, most of this.

You're way off on the amps. You want a 223 or a 323 amp in the end. Don't waste mats on the 3 scaffold, it's really really bad. I'd say don't bother with a 212 either if you can build a 222. Considering how much of a pain in the rear end wisps are, there's no point in building a 212 if you'll end up wanting the 2 scaff anyways. Hell, even building a 122 is going to be good enough if you're not spergbuilding for dps.

Husk is honestly pretty bad without the unairu passive, so Vigor should be the priority.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Wisp farming is the absolute worst.

Sternieliscious
Sep 21, 2014

Dynas: Tea warrior
What timing, I downed my first Eidolon this weekend. My 3-man had me as the Trinity, but I was told to go Operator to pop adds that I had the worst luck finding. My ult would be used if I felt it was needed, but my group was usually healthy. What on earth am I (healboy dum-dum) supposed to actually do in that fight? Say what I will about WoW (I miss Ulduar), but at least I could follow some of it in the visual sense. For the Eidolon I feel I'm supposed to go Operator invisible when the big guy yells.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So what's currently the worst parts of the game?

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Synthbuttrange posted:

Farming the most recent frames. Defection sucks rear end.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Wisp farming basically requires a booster to not be super bad.

Naturally Selected posted:

You're way off on the amps. You want a 223 or a 323 amp in the end. Don't waste mats on the 3 scaffold, it's really really bad. I'd say don't bother with a 212 either if you can build a 222. Considering how much of a pain in the rear end wisps are, there's no point in building a 212 if you'll end up wanting the 2 scaff anyways. Hell, even building a 122 is going to be good enough if you're not spergbuilding for dps.

Husk is honestly pretty bad without the unairu passive, so Vigor should be the priority.

I was under the impression that Husk/Replenish was supposed to be a solid pairing, from a bit of research. I noticed a decent increase in survivability once I started adding Husks, but I'm prepared to be wrong. It's also not like the other low-tier arcanes are impressive and 100 armor and means ~25% less incoming damage.

I'd probably agree with you about the amp stuff if I didn't mostly run pub groups. Klebrik is the only scaffold I can imagine using for eidolons without an organized group, given that I'm usually the only person who even thinks about paying attention to vomalysts. I'm also not a big fan of how the Shraksun pairs with the Shwaak or Granmu in play, so that's definitely a personal preference on my part.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Synthbuttrange posted:

Archwing, the textures on Corpus tilesets.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Synthbuttrange posted:

Elysiume posted:

Wisp farming is the absolute worst.
Seriously I'd rather farm Harrow again then farm more wisps. It's boring, it's tedious, it's repetitive, and it requires just too much attention so you can't easily watch TV while you do it.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
wisp farming takes too long, you need too many of them to craft stuff and you have to actually pay attention unlike most other mindless farming.

Naturally Selected
Nov 28, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Echophonic posted:

I was under the impression that Husk/Replenish was supposed to be a solid pairing, from a bit of research. I noticed a decent increase in survivability once I started adding Husks, but I'm prepared to be wrong. It's also not like the other low-tier arcanes are impressive and 100 armor and means ~25% less incoming damage.

I'd probably agree with you about the amp stuff if I didn't mostly run pub groups. Klebrik is the only scaffold I can imagine using for eidolons without an organized group, given that I'm usually the only person who even thinks about paying attention to vomalysts. I'm also not a big fan of how the Shraksun pairs with the Shwaak or Granmu in play, so that's definitely a personal preference on my part.

Even with pubbies (if you're going through recruit, not just setting yourself public and going in at night), the 2 scaff is best. It pops voms in two shots, and you generally can get them in the blast if you're going after the dolon's legs. And if not, two shots kills a group of voms dead-on. I've literally never had a problem with voms if things don't go completely pearshaped-and if they do, then mopping up voms is going to be way down on the list behind picking up the team/lures, etc. 2 scaffold with 3 prism is hands down the highest damage amp build you can get, and that's ignoring vstrike/virtuos strike. x/2/2 is lower damage, but it's still very respectable and has tons of room to grow as you get your focus/arcanes in order. Basically, instead of investing in amps that you'll grow out of eventually and then having to spend more obnoxious-to-farm resources getting to the big boy leagues, you can start off with good and move on to best.

I'm not trying to be captain hindsight-god knows i've built enough lovely amps before grabbing my 323-but I'm just putting this out there so people starting out don't make the same mistakes I did.

Far as operator arcanes go, I'm running Vigor/Husk, but I would say that Vigor was the bigger immediate improvement in survivability over husk. Again, I'm kind of writing all of this out with respect to resources/time investment vs benefit, which is why I might be overstating some priorities over others.

Sternieliscious posted:

What timing, I downed my first Eidolon this weekend. My 3-man had me as the Trinity, but I was told to go Operator to pop adds that I had the worst luck finding. My ult would be used if I felt it was needed, but my group was usually healthy. What on earth am I (healboy dum-dum) supposed to actually do in that fight? Say what I will about WoW (I miss Ulduar), but at least I could follow some of it in the visual sense. For the Eidolon I feel I'm supposed to go Operator invisible when the big guy yells.

You're not healing the team, you're healing lures. It's not much of an issue on the Teralyst, but gant and hydro you're going to be spamming blessing like crazy so the lures don't die off. And yeah, if you don't have a harrow in group, you go op stealth when the mag burst happens.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~
Said the spider to the fly~
So, I picked this up the other day. Can I get an invite to the goon clan thing?

DMW45 on there. I filled out the thing

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Naturally Selected posted:

And in turn, I will disagree with you, the 3 scaffold is amazing, it's really good for clearing voms, and also works really well for grabbing clouds when kuva farming, 333 should be standard for anyone not running Void Strike from madurai(Such as the trin who will usually go zen)

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
Any not-Mote amp will let you help out in a triple eidolon situation. I built a 212 because I had the parts for it and got so much contradictory amp information I just went with something to get away from the Mote. Success, because it's incredibly superior to the Mote. I'm sure I'll make a 323 or 333 or whatever in the future for real pro doloning but I need a billion focus to even finish Zenurik much less to get any other school much less have a useful void strike or whatever so it's so long in the future I don't even begin to care about ultra pro minmaxing amps right now and by the time I do, I'll have stocked up enough Wisps again ... maybe.

until then I'm gonna keep throwing down volt shields or oberon grass while I wait to farm up a Trinity. If this means I miss out on a dolon raid or two because I'm not capable of doing all roles, well, that's fine.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

I've run out of potatoes :smith:

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
https://forums.warframe.com/topic/929985-baro%E2%80%99s-infiltrated-vaulted-relics/

"Cabbaged" relics. What?

Is this good?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Oh man, I just need the barrel for Lex Prime!

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

just give us akvasto prime already you goddamn heathens

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Inzombiac posted:

Oh man, I just need the barrel for Lex Prime!

I think I have one.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

BenRGamer posted:

I think I have one.

I will give you the finest Ammo Drum.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Relics look like cabbages, cabbaged = rolled up in a cabbage.

DMW45
Oct 29, 2011

Come into my parlor~

Inzombiac posted:

I will give you the finest Ammo Drum.

Can you trade ducats? I was gonna sell it for some to get the Inaros quest.

Avulsion
Feb 12, 2006
I never knew what hit me

BenRGamer posted:

Can you trade ducats? I was gonna sell it for some to get the Inaros quest.

Go into trade chat and ask for prime junk. It's usually about 8-10 plat for 5 random and mostly worthless prime parts, which will get you a minimum of 75 ducats. If you're lucky, pubbies will occasionally trade you actual valuable parts because they can't be bothered to look up prices.

Use the Ducats or Plat to figure out what's worth saving and what's worth melting down.

Dreadwroth
Dec 12, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Who the gently caress is having issues getting Harrow parts, those things drop so much off fissures that I could build a clubhouse out of the loving things.

Sininu
Jan 8, 2014

Dreadwroth posted:

Who the gently caress is having issues getting Harrow parts, those things drop so much off fissures that I could build a clubhouse out of the loving things.

Harrow, like any other frame needs more than just the chassis part to build.

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

Dreadwroth posted:

The chassis, sure, my garage is lousy with the things. Can't sell them fast enough. But, the systems? Man, that's the trick isn't it?

Sure is for me :(

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

I've noticed recently that there's heaps of people interested in Mesa – I am too, so I was thinking maybe we could set up a keyshare thing for the assassinate mission?

Flick me a message in-game (BIAJ) if you're keen so we can sort something out and farm them parts.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Sandweed posted:

You can get their relics by running bounties on Cetus.

I've gotten most of Ember, and some of Loki and Frost Prime, without these relics by running fissures with pubbies.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007

Elysiume posted:

Relics look like cabbages, cabbaged = rolled up in a cabbage.

The real truth is that Warframe is actually a farm sim in more ways than one. Potatos = catalysts/reactors, Exilus adapters = tomatos, Relics = cabbage.

Personally I've never seen a potato that looks like the reactors/catalysts/cells.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

alphabettitouretti posted:

I've gotten most of Ember, and some of Loki and Frost Prime, without these relics by running fissures with pubbies.

Yes because those guys have gotten their relics from bounties on Cetus.

I forgot, but you can also get vaulted relics from the Syndicate relic packs.

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Sandweed posted:

Yes because those guys have gotten their relics from bounties on Cetus.

I forgot, but you can also get vaulted relics from the Syndicate relic packs.

Oh I know, just sayin that for anyone still learning their way around if you haven't got any bounty relics you can still find these parts when cracking relics with people who do have them.

On a related note...does anyone want a Valkyr Prime or Nekros Prime bp? I've got some spare and would like to trade for other bits.

it dont matter fucked around with this message at 13:29 on Mar 6, 2018

Nate405
Oct 21, 2002

alphabettitouretti posted:

On a related note...does anyone want a Valkyr Prime or Nekros Prime bp? I've got some spare and would like to trade for other bits.

I need the Nekros BP. I'm nhorne in-game if you want to try to figure out a trade.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Last night I made Hek and kind goons showered me with shotgun mods and I am eternally grateful because now I really get Warframe.

Holy poo poo Hek is insane. It's a shotgun with the range of a goddamn rifle and I love is so, so, so much

Is there a cap on Multishot or can I stack a maxed-out Scattered Justice and Hell's Chamber on top of each other for a ridiculous amount of pellets per shot?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

Harrow posted:

can I stack a maxed-out Scattered Justice and Hell's Chamber on top of each other for a ridiculous amount of pellets per shot?

Hek yes you can.