Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

muggins
Mar 3, 2008

I regard the death and mangling of a couple thousand toy soldiers as a small affair, a kind of morning dash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Frobbe posted:

Custom converted Knight Armiger

It needs a good stripping but if it were actually all painted consistently it might not be a terrible tabletop-grade conversion.

:shrug:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Kaza42 posted:

If a kid did these, then they're really okay. This is more "it's a good start, would you like some advice/help on improving?" than "wow that's awful". The problem comes in if it's a grown adult trying to pass these off as a good paint job

True story, ~13 years ago, at age 24 I made a model car for a girl that liked cars and I painted it with Testors because I hadn't learned any better yet.

You could see all the brush strokes on the body of the thing :negative:

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Iron Crowned posted:

True story, ~13 years ago, at age 24 I made a model car for a girl that liked cars and I painted it with Testors because I hadn't learned any better yet.

You could see all the brush strokes on the body of the thing :negative:

This is the saddest goon-schlepping-printer story I've ever heard.

:sympathy:

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

halos are to Warhammer what belts are to anime

Z the IVth
Jan 28, 2009

The trouble with your "expendable machines"
Fun Shoe

Nebalebadingdong posted:

halos are to Warhammer what belts are to anime

Those are some grotesque 40k-anime hybrids.

I want one.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

MOOOOORE!!!

Squibsy
Dec 3, 2005

Not suited, just booted.
College Slice

Jesus Christ

It’s like a medieval mystic’s fevered manuscript illustrations

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

I think I killed half of these in Bayonetta

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that

I... actually like this one. I'm a sucker for sword halos.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
if it was just the swords it would look a lot better, the second layer of stuff makes it way too busy

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

I think it needs a third layer for the trinity aspect

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
It does make a pretty cool fargate.

Fashionable Jorts
Jan 18, 2010

Maybe if I'm busy it could keep me from you

With the right paint job, those things will look amazing. Horribly over-designed can lend itself occasionally to be works of art.

That being said, odds are the painting they will get will not pull that off.

Not to compare it to a classic work of art, but it gives me a dumb 40k version of the feeling of one of these paintings; where theres so much going on it works

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

These are so over the top they're great. Would love to see a full army but that might be difficult when each model is $400.00 in bits.

Chill la Chill
Jul 2, 2007

Don't lose your gay

Fashionable Jorts posted:

With the right paint job, those things will look amazing. Horribly over-designed can lend itself occasionally to be works of art.

That being said, odds are the painting they will get will not pull that off.

Not to compare it to a classic work of art, but it gives me a dumb 40k version of the feeling of one of these paintings; where theres so much going on it works

Yeah but look at color choice and the feel (Idk what the actual terms are). they're very limited, subdued, and there's no way a 40k artist would mimic that, but yeah. I guess Blanche's old work might've counted at times

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

Exinos posted:

These are so over the top they're great. Would love to see a full army but that might be difficult when each model is $400.00 in bits.

Imagine transporting that poo poo

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq

Nebalebadingdong posted:

Imagine transporting that poo poo

Just like transporting any other recent GW large model?

Exinos
Mar 1, 2009

OSHA approved squiq
And by that I mean hell.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

Folks, what if I came across something really fitting for this thread but wildly inappropriate in general. Staggeringly nsfw, beyond any titty mini poasted in this thread.

Do you want to see it?

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Cat Face Joe posted:

Folks, what if I came across something really fitting for this thread but wildly inappropriate in general. Staggeringly nsfw, beyond any titty mini poasted in this thread.

Do you want to see it?

Link to it instead of posting it inline?

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

SRM posted:

Link to it instead of posting it inline?

Oh yeah, link for sure.

:nws:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/99177049@N03/

Groetgaffel
Oct 30, 2011

Groetgaffel smacked the living shit out of himself doing 297 points of damage.
I didn't know HR Gieger made miniatures.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I'm the human fart centipede

Der Waffle Mous
Nov 27, 2009

In the grim future, there is only commerce.
I'm not sure if that's supposed to be a fetus or poop in the first picture and I'm especially not sure which I would find worse.

Der Waffle Mous fucked around with this message at 21:13 on Mar 6, 2018

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012
Buglord
Well at least the Giger aesthetic is appropriate

Nebalebadingdong
Jun 30, 2005

i made a video game.
why not give it a try!?

i'll take it over chicken skin bear

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

These:

are clearly reacting to this:

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009
Isn't the Giger stuff supposed to be an Aleph army for Infinity? I think that the "artist" posted some of the tamer models in that collection on the official Infinity forums a few years ago.
Definitely falls into the "technically impressive and nails the aestetic but" category.

Hustlin Floh
Jul 20, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
If you scroll down he has good pics from his vacation to puffinland.

Then more fetish models.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Eh, it's just disappointing. All that effort to be a weak fetishware & Giger pastiche.

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

goatface posted:

Eh, it's just disappointing. All that effort to be a weak fetishware & Giger pastiche.

My thoughts exactly

What a waste of talent

ro5s
Dec 27, 2012

A happy little mouse!

"Wait until you see the whites of their eyes."

*begins shooting from 3 miles away*

Beerdeer
Apr 25, 2006

Frank Herbert's Dude
Hellraiser miniature game looking weird

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

Saint Seiya???

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Those elaborate warhams might have been put together by an employee. I've had a couple friends work for them in different areas. The one dude worked retail, who said they got a decent discount and also had a store bits bin they could take poo poo from- including opened returns. Another worked at a much bigger store just building and painting models. He ended up working at some corporate office too, doing the same, and he said at both they could just go grab what they wanted, with differing systems (at the large store, they could grab sets from stock; at the more corporate place they had a giant room full of bins with individual sprues of various sets. He was able to take whatever he wanted, with very little oversight. He had a bunch of models built with a stupid amount of bits.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.

I see Diablo 3 angels.

And that fettish guy sure put a lot of wrok into his poo poo... Like does he make all the minis and terrain?

Sometimes you see people's work and you know with an edditor or censor you actually get better than just raw unchained art. Better as in way more people will enjoy/appreciate what you have done.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?
Those angel things rule

ro5s posted:

"Wait until you see the whites of their eyes."

*begins shooting from 3 miles away*

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ugleb
Nov 19, 2014

ASK ME ABOUT HOW SCOTLAND'S PROPOSED TRANS LEGISLATION IS DIVISIVE AS HELL BECAUSE IT IS SO SWEEPING THAT IT COULD BE POTENTIALLY ABUSED AT A TIME WHERE THE LACK OF SAFETY FOR WOMEN HAS BEEN SO GLARING

If you are going to do it, at least put in the effort I guess. And they really, really put some serious hours into all that.

If they have a real sex dungeon, I wonder if they find time to use it? Or did it get taken over by hobby space?