Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

Hunter Noventa posted:

Even if you don't have WT unlocked you can unsync the fight and get people who do need it for WT.

What do you get out of beating Odin though? It's not part of the MSQ so I wonder...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Schneider Heim posted:

What do you get out of beating Odin though? It's not part of the MSQ so I wonder...

There's two sets of Odin armor glams and his card.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

The entire point of WT is to get people run through old content that isn't necessary to do, even if unsyncing level 50 content at 70 makes it a laughable joke.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

hihifellow posted:

We had a good DRG sub in for some o7s progression and our BRD jumped 500+ dps. They reeeaaallly want a DRG in the party.

If this was last monday, that was me :v:

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
What's ungermax?

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Thumbtacks posted:

What's ungermax?

It's the special limit break used by Squadrons in Squadron Missions. A glitch allowed people to use it outside of those missions where it gives an absolutely absurd buff for only 1 limit break bar.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
Does anyone play the game with more than one computer? How do you synchronize your settings (like hotbars) and screenshots between them?

I set up a Dropbox symlink for the settings/screenshots folder but found that Dropbox syncing in-game was booting me out--whenever I would take a screenshot I would be disconnected after a few seconds. I removed the symlink so I would just have to copy the folder into Dropbox after every session, but it's kind of clunky.

ArtIsResistance
May 19, 2007

QUEEN OF FRANCE, SAVIOR OF LOWTAX

kirbysuperstar posted:

Oh but he didn't clear any prog content with it, so that's okay, right?

What a dumbass.

I don't think he said it's okay but good for you and your heroic opinions

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

ArtIsResistance posted:

I don't think he said it's okay but good for you and your heroic opinions

lol

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

So after rewatching a bunch of cutscenes I have determined that the best character is, in fact, Nero. Even though I keep forgetting who he is in between his appearances. They should make a magitech class with a big-rear end gunhammer or whatever the hell he uses. They should also kick Thancred out of the Scions and replace him with Nero.

I hope he’s ok :ohdear:.

Thumbtacks
Apr 3, 2013
What's the laziest dps spec?

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

Dr. S.O. Feelgood posted:

So after rewatching a bunch of cutscenes I have determined that the best character is, in fact, Nero. Even though I keep forgetting who he is in between his appearances. They should make a magitech class with a big-rear end gunhammer or whatever the hell he uses. They should also kick Thancred out of the Scions and replace him with Nero.

E:I'm a dumbass he does use a hammer

Thumbtacks posted:

What's the laziest dps spec?

I hear Lancer is like this, but the BLM rotations are easy as hell too.

A. Beaverhausen fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Mar 6, 2018

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

A. Beaverhausen posted:

E:I'm a dumbass he does use a hammer

I think he started out with a gunblade. But then he switched to the gunhammer, which is way more cool/stupid.

x1o
Aug 5, 2005

My focus is UNPARALLELED!

I think he started out with a gunblade. But then he switched to the gunhammer, which is way more cool/stupid.

Now that he's Eorzean Iron Man I hope he gets a bigger role on team WoL when we go topple Garlemald.

ChaseSP
Mar 25, 2013

TheHeadSage posted:

Now that he's Eorzean Iron Man I hope he gets a bigger role on team WoL when we go topple Garlemald.

I hope he just shows up in the MSQ as a quest giver with no explanation at all if you didn't play the ARR and SB raids. That'd be the loving best.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

ChaseSP posted:

I hope he just shows up in the MSQ as a quest giver with no explanation at all if you didn't play the ARR and SB raids. That'd be the loving best.

I mean that's basically what happened at the end of HW.

wizardofloneliness
Dec 30, 2008

TheHeadSage posted:

The Scions really need some new blood these days. Alisaie has been a good addition, and Hoary Boulder is still around of course. But I really think they would benefit from adding an rear end in a top hat who only cares about himself and robots.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Well, now that MSDR gives good xp, I'm getting many many chances to remember who he is

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!
brd personal DPS isn't the best and you are at the mercy of others but its a really fun job to play and you are always in demand so hey!

Maybe one day they'll let us put up our own piercing debuff.... one day...

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

Gally posted:

brd personal DPS isn't the best and you are at the mercy of others but its a really fun job to play and you are always in demand so hey!

Meanwhile over on the Monk side I have this sweet Blunt Damage + debuff running solely for myself and...other...monks. :negative:

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

A. Beaverhausen posted:

I'd argue that RDM is simpler than BLM rotations simply because it's more forgiving for movement and even if you mess it up it doesn't take much to correct your White/Black mana levels to where they need to be.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Make Ifrit-egi deal blunt damage again.

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Meanwhile over on the Monk side I have this sweet Blunt Damage + debuff running solely for myself and...other...monks. :negative:

Wrong. Scholar, Summoner, White Mage and Black Mage all deal blunt damage with their weapons :v:

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Agreed if you're referring to actual pre-Jobstone LNC. Admittedly I haven't mained DRG since the end of HW, but I find its single target rotation a bit more active and less forgiving than SAM.

Die Sexmonster!
Nov 30, 2005

Die Sexmonster! fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Mar 6, 2018

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo
DRG rotation is Connect Four. (And then Connect Five.) And then you just weave in oGCDs.

(Thank loving god they got rid of Power Boost or whatever the gently caress it was called, that was a dumb skill.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

thread posted:

controller chat

*swoops into thread

Been playing pc using controller since day one. I literally cannot play without it now. Controller support for the game is top notch and is the main reason I am still subbed to this day. I can and do play all jobs on controller, the only thing I will say is a bad thing with controller is end-game healing which I have never tried but I can only assume would be a lot more difficult since targetting party members without a mouse can be time-consuming. Healing in all other content though is a breeze and people seem to get their knickers twisted over it for some reason.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I enjoy that this thread is basically cyclical in nature. If it's an input option on this game you can almost certainly play exclusively with it even at the highest levels in any role.

ParliamentOfDogs
Jan 29, 2009

My genre's thriller... What's yours?
They should host a one on one pvp tournament of all the players up for bans for using the ungarmax thing. Split it up by role, stream it, and the winners get to keep their accounts. The rest are banned and their parents will receive a call from naoki yoshida himself who will explain the shameful things that they’ve done.

Hra Mormo
Mar 6, 2008

The Internet Man

Gally posted:

It's also highly dependant on how hard the other jobs get hosed by having to move, which won't affect a good bard at all. Some movement heavy fights this is enough for bard to climb to the middle of the pack in average parsing.

But yeah both rdps need to be able to bring their piercing debuff because the impact on their dps from a DRG just being there and pushing a rotational button they've been using since level 38 is absolutely bonkers.

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

An iconic moment in video game history, remastered.

Mymla
Aug 12, 2010

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

They should host a one on one pvp tournament of all the players up for bans for using the ungarmax thing. Split it up by role, stream it, and the winners get to keep their accounts. The rest are banned and their parents will receive a call from naoki yoshida himself who will explain the shameful things that they’ve done.

Will the winners get one wish granted, which they could use to have all the banned players unbanned?

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

ParliamentOfDogs posted:

Winners should be allowed to do an honorable thing and delete their accounts without brining shame to their families. Losers should keep their accounts, but they would be instantly queued for Aurum Vale once they log in and they should be stripped of all glamours.

Dwesa fucked around with this message at 15:57 on Mar 6, 2018

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Just change all the TOS Violators to lawaffels until they delete their own accounts out of shame.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

vOv posted:

The entire point of WT is to get people run through old content that isn't necessary to do, even if unsyncing level 50 content at 70 makes it a laughable joke.

Not if people forget mechanics! Ramuh, Leviathan, and Ifrit EX, anyone?

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Denmo is still a treasure. And so is Mister Face.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Squadron dungeons are pretty rad. Went from 33 to 40 on Machinist last night while watching a movie. Only downside is I'm a bit sick of Bryflox and I'm bleeding company seals.

Man, there's so much to do in this game. I want to level everything even though I probably won't play half of it with any consistency. I want to collect Triple Triad stuff even though I'm terrible and get dunked on by every jerk running the Plus rule*, I still need to finish up the ARR beast tribes. I keep neglecting WT and I probably should start working on crafters/gatherers again. Oh god, and they're adding the start of a new artifact weapon system next week, with Eureka, right?

* Is there a good triple triad guide? I've found some resources but not too much in the way of "get these cards, use this deck, fight this dude..." - I'm up to 60 cards so I can run 3 star cards but I feel totally clueless on how to actually make a deck or what cards are good.

Oxyclean fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Mar 6, 2018

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
The worst Triple Triad rule is Chaos and it's especially bad when a Chaos player has a Level 5 Card to drop. :suicide:

Rhjamiz
Oct 28, 2007

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

The worst Triple Triad rule is Chaos and it's especially bad when a Chaos player has a Level 5 Card to drop. :suicide:

Reminds me of my time playing ff8 and desperately trying to undo the mistake I made letting the Random Rule spread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

"Hey uh...sorry to call you out of the blue. The thing is I just found out I have the Random Rule. You uhhh.... you might want to get yourself checked just to be safe."