Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

I went to a hockey game last night. The Pens were doing a LGBT outreach thing and holy poo poo was the guy next to me angry about it and he wanted to make sure I specifically knew for some reason.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

I went to a hockey game last night. The Pens were doing a LGBT outreach thing and holy poo poo was the guy next to me angry about not and he wanted to make sure I specifically knew for some reason.

did you suck him off?

Apr 7, 2003

He said that he couldn't believe they let some gay guy ride the Zamboni and I said "good," then he asked if I listened to some lovely sports talk guy on the drive in and I told him I walked to the game, which ended the conversation there because it meant I wasn't one of "his" people.

Hockey here more than anything else gets really lovely yokels who drive in once or twice a year to gape at the decadent city, it's nuts.

Apr 7, 2003

Love those double posts

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

He said that he couldn't believe they let some gay guy ride the Zamboni and I said "good," then he asked if I listened to some lovely sports talk guy on the drive in and I told him I walked to the game, which ended the conversation there because it meant I wasn't one of "his" people.

Hockey here more than anything else gets really lovely yokels who drive in once or twice a year to gape at the decadent city, it's nuts.

oh no, not the sacred zamboni, defiled by the touch of a homo! :monocle:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
i should refocus my research into finding a way to harness spite into an energy source

Apr 7, 2003

I have another half hour "one on one" with my manager today. I've had seven so far this year. This is in addition to a half hour stand up call every day. I average 4.5 hours of meetings a day this year so far.

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

prefect posted:

zamboni homo

quality namechange here for someone

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

prefect posted:

The steamiest parts are all around the rearl

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
i need to get those ocular patdown shades that mac wore on always sunny. i've got sunlight getting into my eyeballs, and it's uncomfortable

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

cjs: the head of my department is considering having us only take software automation contracts instead of a few of those but mostly development since it aligns with our business units goals. my boss wants to move us to the prototyping and development department but if the department head gets his way then he will be losing literally all of his developers lol

hopefully i dont have to start looking for a new job, i am really tired of appium

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

always sad to see toxicity in a fandom

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

prefect posted:

the sugars they naturally exude instead of salts like straight person sweat gently caress up the ice it’s a legitimate concern

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

thats hockey in general

"the sport is being taken over by PUSSYS!!! i wnat mah bloodsport!!"

Elder Postsman
Aug 30, 2000

i used hot bot to search for "teens"

SmokaDustbowl posted:

I was at the dentist today and watching the TV in the ceiling, but I couldn't change channels. I was getting my teeth scraped while the movie soul plane was on. and the headphones were loud so the dentist kept hearing all the swears and people yelling about pussy and I couldn't change the channel

I couldn't laugh cause I was getting my teeth spiked

my new dentist has TVs in the ceiling too. I’d never seen it before and it seems very strange to me.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Vintersorg posted:

thats hockey in general

"the sport is being taken over by PUSSYS!!! i wnat mah bloodsport!!"

yeah we get that in Detroit a lot too

a lot of dumbasses like to drive down from like 45 Mile road or wherever the gently caress they live in the boonies then bitch about why we have a black person on the team or why Detroit sucks to get around (it's because you choose to live in the middle of nowhere and refuse to vote for funding for mass transit you massive twat)

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

yeah we get that in Detroit a lot too

a lot of dumbasses like to drive down from like 45 Mile road or wherever the gently caress they live in the boonies then bitch about why we have a black person on the team or why Detroit sucks to get around (it's because you choose to live in the middle of nowhere and refuse to vote for funding for mass transit you massive twat)

for extra fun, go searching twitter for a particular word whenever a black hockey player does something exceptional

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
i had delicious halah cart rice plate yesterday, but i put too much red sauce (which was :yum:) and now my butthole is on deathfire and i was almost late for the train.

gurggle

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Xaris posted:

i had delicious halah cart rice plate yesterday, but i put too much red sauce (which was :yum:) and now my butthole is on deathfire and i was almost late for the train.

gurggle

my brain read this as "challah cart rice plate" and man i was confused

Roosevelt
Jul 18, 2009

Tony Pizzuto Says Hello

prefect posted:

i need to get those ocular patdown shades that mac wore on always sunny. i've got sunlight getting into my eyeballs, and it's uncomfortable

plus u will be able to assess a subject's threat level

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Roosevelt posted:

plus u will be able to assess a subject's threat level
clocked a knife in his boot

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
cjs: if i weren't already bald, i would be pulling out my hair in frustration today :rant:

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

attn: tori

https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/971050811139723265?s=19

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

I have another half hour "one on one" with my manager today. I've had seven so far this year. This is in addition to a half hour stand up call every day. I average 4.5 hours of meetings a day this year so far.

every lovely managers solution to problems is to schedule more loving meetings, even if the problem is " we have too many meetings." there's nothing that can't be solved with communication!!!!!

Apr 7, 2003

Last year I had 58 half-hour "one on ones"

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde
c performance evaluation s: my boss that's supposed to do it is super disinterested since he's writing a book so i and everyone else under him are off the hook for it this year

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Last year I had 58 half-hour "one on ones"

Christ, I only had about half that and it still felt like way too many. I also have daily standup that frequently runs a full hour

Jonny 290
May 5, 2005

[ASK] me about OS/2 Warp
i average three to five hours of meetings a day now.

and i'm not in management

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Jonny 290 posted:

half that max and if it's over i start cancelling poo poo

i gotta have time to work too

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

ERM... Actually I have stellar scores on the surveys, and every year students tell me that my classes are the best ones they’ve ever taken.

Sometime last year there started to be this weird ammonia like smell that would sometimes be faintly apparent in my apartment. I cleaned it over and over and it wouldn't go away. I thought it might be mouse pee, traced the smell down to the baseboards near one wall, but there were no mouse turds anywhere and no mouse holes so I had no idea what the gently caress. Landlord is 85 years old and has no sense of smell anymore so he just gave me some mouse glue traps and shrugged. I moved my bed to a different part of the apartment and resigned myself to it since it's too expensive to move in this city.

Then after a couple of months of dealing with that, ran into my neighbor outside and he was like

"Yo, do you ever have rats in your place?"
And I said "rats? No, I've never seen a rat in here"
"Oh okay because we just killed seven of them in our place, they were making a nest in the walls between our apartments, there was a big hole behind some boxes, the exterminator said he didn't know if he got all of them but he plugged up the hole so they'll probably die in the wall and smell for a bit but then it should go away"

Way to be, guy. Be the guy who has an entire colony of rats living in his bedroom and doesn't know about it and smokes like a chimney so he can't smell the rat piss coming out of the walls :thumbsup:

Thankfully they seem to have gotten them because the smell isn't back.

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

if I decline a meeting to instead focus on my actual job, my boss will find me and complain until I attend the meeting

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

Sagebrush posted:

Sometime last year there started to be this weird ammonia like smell that would sometimes be faintly apparent in my apartment. I cleaned it over and over and it wouldn't go away. I thought it might be mouse pee, traced the smell down to the baseboards near one wall, but there were no mouse turds anywhere and no mouse holes so I had no idea what the gently caress. Landlord is 85 years old and has no sense of smell anymore so he just gave me some mouse glue traps and shrugged. I moved my bed to a different part of the apartment and resigned myself to it since it's too expensive to move in this city.

Then after a couple of months of dealing with that, ran into my neighbor outside and she was like

"Oh okay because we just killed seven of them in our place, they were making a nest in the walls between our apartments, there was a big hole behind some boxes, the exterminator said he didn't know if he got all of them but he plugged up the hole so they'll probably die in the wall and smell for a bit but then it should go away"

Way to be, guy. Be the guy who has an entire colony of rats living in his bedroom and doesn't know about it and smokes like a chimney so he can't smell the rat piss coming out of the walls :thumbsup:

ince had a squirrel that lived in my walls and would get into the house and eat my bread. I learned the previous tenants knew about this and named him "Mr squiggs"

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

https://twitter.com/bhilburn/status/971019559095427075?s=19

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Jonny 290 posted:

some weeks for me are like that because im the only one in my department with experience in a few things to know how long it will take to do a project we're pitching

its bad

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sagebrush posted:

Then after a couple of months of dealing with that, ran into my neighbor outside and he was like

this is what cats are for

the landlord claimed that the house i'm renting had no end of mouse problems until we moved in with our cats (they found the place in the basement the mice could get in)

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

selfish shellfish shills c shell hell

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

flakeloaf posted:

selfish shellfish shills c shell hell