Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Big Mean Jerk posted:

The Island Journey one? I haven’t found that or Rex anywhere yet.

Yeah. They had the old one there too for comparison. Man she looks so much better next to the old figure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

Rirse posted:

Yeah. They had the old one there too for comparison. Man she looks so much better next to the old figure.

I thought the street date for that wave was April? I may have to go searching this weekend.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Hasn’t that figure been out for a month? I’ve seen a ton of pictures for it.

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.

CelticPredator posted:

Hasn’t that figure been out for a month? I’ve seen a ton of pictures for it.

It's been all over eBay for a while, but I've yet to see it in a big-box store.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Probably getting snatched.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I haven't seen the new Star Wars, but have they made toys of those little lizard nuns?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Sorry my dudes. Spent the day flying to California and the post was santized when i went back to look.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Guy Goodbody posted:

I haven't seen the new Star Wars, but have they made toys of those little lizard nuns?

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

loving pops, man.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Why settle for Hasbro's gauntlet when you can get Hot Toys lifesize version.

quote:

This remarkable and realistic polystone-made life-size collectible stands approximately 68cm tall, and it features all authentic and minute details of Infinity Gauntlet. It is equipped with LED light-up function with two lighting modes which include light-on effect and breathing light effect for the six mighty Infinity Stones, phenomenal multi-layered metallic painting with weathering effects highlights its incredible aesthetics, and a specially designed custom base with movie logo.

Hopefully you didn't buy the previous Thanos either that looked like poo poo (his design is still crap IMO).

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 16:31 on Mar 2, 2018

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

New Iron(Mega) Man suit

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 17:26 on Mar 2, 2018

Blackchamber
Jan 25, 2005

Vintersorg posted:

New Iron(Mega) Man suit

Iron Man is Blue Beetle now?

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Vintersorg fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Mar 2, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I guess it's March 3rd over in Hong Kong now? That was the embargo date and Hot Toys has been dropping everything on Facebook.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Boo

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Goddamn. That gauntlet is even bigger than the legends one by about 6 inches or so.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
They put out the Thanos wave early at work so I was able to get Songbird, Midnight, and Taskmaster. If anyone want to trade the BAF parts for Saqsquash (X23, Cable, Domino) for Thanos' head (Captain America), arm (King Kobra) and leg (Spiderman).

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
It was an expensive week.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Joe Fisto posted:

It was an expensive week.

Same. Between both the Avengers and Deadpool wave showing up along finally finding the new Rey figure, I spent a lot. Thankfully didn't buy everyone from both sets so I am not too in the hole. I just dread when the Lizard wave shows up, as I might just buy the whole wave.

Eh, I just order the case from Dorkside Toys. At least then I don't have to deal if my store getting sent the Vulture Wave again (which thankfully is almost gone)

Rirse fucked around with this message at 05:02 on Mar 3, 2018

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
Aw gently caress.

https://twitter.com/NECA_TOYS/status/969955231189618688?s=19

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Holy poo poo.

Rubiks Pubes
Dec 5, 2003

I wanted to be a neo deconstructivist, but Mom wouldn't let me.
Scored the entire Thanos BAF wave this morning minus Iron Man at Toys R Us (I’ll wait til he is cheap because I have a bunch of Iron Mans already) and the Walmart Thanos. No luck on the Gauntlet anywhere yet. Target had nothing stocked except the Nerf Stormbreaker hammer. Walmart has a few of the Wave 1 figures, but when I passed back by (the first Thanos I picked up had a silver smudge on his lip so I grabbed another instead) they were all gone. Glad I hit the places early.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

That gauntlet costs more than the Hulkbuster does.

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him.
The ML Infinity Gauntlet is apparently a popular item. I went to half a dozen stores today and nothing. Called every TRU in the area and they were all sold out, yet they’re all still full of Mjolnirs and Starlord helmets.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Where my Toys R Us we had the gauntlet all day. While typing this I am standing next to two of them. Nothing but Iron Man left for the wave now.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I’m glad ML have worked it out that the Iron Man figures don’t have BAF parts so people aren’t ending up with many many IM figures.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Everything sucked when I worked at TRU. Worst of all is when I put the Shin Godzilla in the R Zone for later and someone put it back on the floor and then it was gone.

Fffffuck off.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
We are not even half a mile from Funko and i can't even care enough to go check it out.

Mexicola
Jan 3, 2006
In a world that's full of shit and gasoline, baby
Managed to pick up the new captain america at TRU today! plus some simple black neca stands to put all my 6 inch captains on. Does anyone have an extra or unwanted sam wilson captain america from the three pack? I cant justify paying for all three when i just want the one.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The Guardian Nendo comes with the best accessory

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Guy Goodbody posted:

The Guardian Nendo comes with the best accessory

:perfect:

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

gently caress yes - it's in! :D

Joe Fisto
Dec 6, 2002

You guys can poo poo on Pops all day long, but this is wonderful.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Just got a notification from BBTS that I’m going to get charged for the Mafex Dark Knight Rises Catwoman soon. I’m looking forward to that one, although I’ve got the Play Arts Kai version and it’s pretty excellent.

I don’t have a lot of Mafex stuff - the only other thing I’ve got is the Wonder Woman movie figure and I was honestly a little underwhelmed. It’s cool and all, but the shoulder joints are super ugly and I can’t seem to get her in a good pose that doesn’t look like she has awful posture and is slumping her shoulders forward.
She also looks a little underwhelming when I stand her next to my DC Icons Wonder Woman, but I guess it’s not really a fair comparison because one is an idealized superhero and the other is meant to look like a real life human being.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
It also depends which Mafex WW you got. The BvS one was bad, but they fixed almost all of its issues for the standalone, from what I saw.

Also a reminder: we have a Discord server for goon action figure chat.

https://discord.gg/SgPGZkJ

:getin:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Fuzz posted:

It also depends which Mafex WW you got. The BvS one was bad, but they fixed almost all of its issues for the standalone, from what I saw.

I specifically waited and got the standalone version.

JesseHechtCREATIVE
Feb 20, 2013

​ Creative New Content Weekly

Cuisine
Reviews
Entertainment
Animation
Toys
Images
Videogames
Everything!

Joe Fisto posted:

You guys can poo poo on Pops all day long, but this is wonderful.

I'm waiting for the eventual Legends BAF. Love the concept though.

S.W.O.R.D. Agent
Apr 30, 2012

Fuzz posted:

Sweet, didn't know this existed.

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich
Posted about this before, but man I can't believe the work this guy over at Fwoosh does with making six inch vehicles for figures.

http://thefwoosh.com/index.php/2018/03/customizing-the-budget-mech-part-2/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Amazon has the ML Infinity Gauntlet for preorder to arrive April 1.