Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

cams posted:

on today's double, mitch is mitch

I love how much he hates himself and can't confront who he really is

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Unmature
May 9, 2008
How many PostMates drivers has Mitch killed.

Ordering during the Food Court round should disqualify you.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I hate food delivery services like Amazon Restaurants or Uber Eats (never used Post Mates but I assume it's the same). It's always a crap shoot and they either mess up your order or it takes way too long and arrives cold. I'd much rather just go pick it up myself and save the $10 on fees/tip.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

PantsOptional posted:

No, it’s Regina’s which pretty much tells you all you need to know about Mitchy Two Spoons.

Regina's is pretty good, but has some serious quality control issues outside of the North End location. The best pizza in Boston is Pino's in Brighton. :colbert:

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
As a spectacularly lazy person, getting a whole Sbarro's pizza delivered to avoid a trip to the mall is a level of laziness I never thought possible

I need to never become well-off financially so I don't find out what deprived lows I would discover

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

ALSO GJ BUYING A NEW ACCOUNT LIKE A GODDAMN COWARD
YOU USELESS WHITE NOISE POSTER

YOU WILL NOT ESCAPE THE BOLF RAMSHIELD YOU SO RICHLY DESERVE

now with professional animation
The main problem with Post Mates / Uber Eats is it's insanely expensive & they have no incentive to actually do a good job. Like if you seamless/grubhub at least its a guy from the actual place you're ordering from.

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.
Literally every time Mitch has mentioned Postmates on the show it has been followed by "They hosed it up"/"It got here cold"/"It was a bad experience and I felt like I got ripped off"/etc. so of course he is going to triple down on using it.

Again, if the Doughboys do get a TV show it is going to be filmed in Mitch's living room. He will be wearing his pajamas while yelling "THIS IS hosed UP!" in between Wiger solo remotes.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Give Mitch a break. His busy schedule demands that he wait 75 minutes in his home to have his food brought to him

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Does Mitch look at this thread? He always mentioned listener complaints and it's exactly what gets said here. Where else do weirdos complain about podcasts about hamburgers?

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
He probably reads whatever subreddit the Doughboys have. And I think a lot of people complain at him/the Doughboys account directly on Twitter, which is serial killer behavior.

Normal people post their complaints about a podcast they have a paid subscription to on the dying internet forum that they also paid for

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Unmature posted:

Does Mitch look at this thread? He always mentioned listener complaints and it's exactly what gets said here. Where else do weirdos complain about podcasts about hamburgers?

They both read the ear wolf sub reddit which has the exact same general consensus as this thread.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
mitch.pizza

Pastry of the Year
Apr 12, 2013

Tavarin posted:

Claudia is the best

Eh. I thought that Pizza Hut v. Domino's episode was interminable. And I finally figured out what Claudia's voice/delivery was reminding me of:

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Tomorrow is Little Caesar's vs Papa John's.

If Papa John's Hawaiian BBQ Chicken pizza is not included then this whole thing is rigged.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Both are trash pizza, but there is no way Papa Johns is getting past this round.

Magissima
Apr 15, 2013

I'd like to introduce you to some of the most special of our rocks and minerals.
Soiled Meat
During my sophomore year of college I ate Sbarro three days a week and for most of my junior and senior years I was ordering pizza two or three times a month, so I have pretty strong pizza opinions. Domino's is pretty good. Papa John's is no worse than Domino's and has better specials and coupons and it comes with garlic dipping sauce for free. Sbarro is disgustingly greasy (and I normally don't mind greasy pizza) and the sauce is bizarrely sweet. It's a little better if you get a fresh slice but I would never eat it outside the context of a food court. If you eat a whole stromboli from Sbarro you'll probably poo poo yourself and you'll definitely feel sick. Little Caesar's is decent when it's hot but once it cools off it's cardboard, but they do have good cheese sticks. No chain pizza has a good crust and the crust is the worst part of frozen pizza. Dr. Oetker is the only frozen pizza that's actually good. I've never had Blaze, Costco, or CPK.

most real pizzerias > Papa John's > Domino's > crappy pizzerias > Pizza Hut > Little Caesar's > Sbarro > Dr. Oetker > trash from a dumpster > all other frozen pizza

Thanks for reading. I'm rooting for Papa John's but I know it won't win because sides and extras aren't a big factor and Papa John himself loving sucks.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

da beeper king BABY posted:

Papa John's is no worse than Domino's and has better specials and coupons and it comes with garlic dipping sauce for free.

This is what I'm always trying to impress upon people, but their rep is so tainted no one wants to admit it. They give you free pizza if your local sports team wins.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
I generally have a one strike and you're out policy with regards to places that prepare my food and the last time, years ago, that I ordered papa johns there was a layer of plastic baked into the cheese on the pizza.

also John himself is a libertarian shithead.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Papa John's cheese always had this gross congealed quality too it, it sucks.

Home Run Inn is legit good frozen pizza, the crust is top notch.

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

Costco pizza better have this in the bag.

ninjahedgehog
Feb 17, 2011

It's time to kick the tires and light the fires, Big Bird.

Kinda suprised they haven't done Costco as a full episode yet. Costco food, as well as Costco in general, own

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
don't forget that Nick has said he wants to quit comedy and just be a career costco guy. they'll do it at some point.

https://twitter.com/nickwiger/status/918006798635827200

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
Lol what the hell
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYlZDTru55g

Srice
Sep 11, 2011

This tale of how they got their pizza from Little Caesars is great, it's like a b-plot in a sitcom episode come to life.

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I like that right out the gate Mitch didn't realize the "Girthday Boy" roast was related to the Birthday Boys

cams
Mar 28, 2003

gemberling's laugh feeds my soul

WerthersWay
Jul 21, 2009

This 10 minute long argument about going to the wrong Little Ceasars in Hollywood is captivating. For those not in LA, a drive from Santa Monica/Vermont to Beverly/Vermont is 5 minutes, max. Mitch is an insane person. Wiger, for not using street addresses with his friend who is notoriously lazy and late and bad at logistics, is also an insane person. I love listening to these two insane boys.

cams
Mar 28, 2003

"mitch is right" - mitch

cams
Mar 28, 2003

i like the part where, after being defensive about his laziness and poor communication, mitch says that replying to texts and emails is too hard and attacks nick for replying to things quickly

the mitch character really is fascinating

crimedog
Apr 1, 2008

Yo, dog.
You dead, dog.

Popete posted:

Home Run Inn is legit good frozen pizza, the crust is top notch.

This was my favorite frozen pizza and it's still really good. However, I went on a pizza bender recently and discovered that Screamin' Sicilian's Holy Pepperoni was my favorite.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
Gemberling pulling a PFT and cracking up off mic pre-intro is delightful

Drunkboxer
Jun 30, 2007
Gemberlings response to the low T thing: "really? You're both kind of aggressive and bitchy."

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
I wonder which Birthday Boy Mitch wanted to say something about but didn't...

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Nick: Here's a funny story about how there happened to be two Little Caesars on the same street within relatively close proximity to one another
Mitch: You're a dumbass for going to the wrong store!

(somehow, 15 minutes of Mitch defensively talking about how he does more for the show than people think and how Nick is mad at him for no reason ensues)

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I entirely agree with Gemberlings point about just being precise upfront and giving a Google maps link or address. It's frustrating when someone gives vague directions via text that necessitate a follow up.

Matt Lindland
Feb 10, 2018

SHUT THE FUCK UP KEVEN

Mitch says some dumb stuff mostly, has a point sometimes, is right rarely, but will keep talking about whatever it was for 10 minutes after everyone else moved on every time regardless.

Unmature
May 9, 2008
I love how Mitch's character Randy on Love is basically what Nick describes the real Mitch as.

EDIT:

Unmature fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Mar 10, 2018

soggybagel
Aug 6, 2006
The official account of NFL Tackle Phil Loadholt.

Let's talk Football.
John Gemberling is so loving funny.

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

Unmature posted:

I love how Mitch's character Randy on Love is basically what Nick describes the real Mitch as.

EDIT:

I like to imagine that Mitch really does go into a murderous fugue state when he gets high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JethroMcB
Jan 23, 2004

We're normal now.
We love your family.

uber_stoat posted:

I like to imagine that Mitch really does go into a murderous fugue state when he gets high.

I was just giving Analyze Phish another listen today - Mitch makes an appearance in the last third of the Hollywood Bowl show. "I got lock-uh, I got lost" he says, before Scott Aukerman repeats that and says "That's Mike for ya. 'I GOT LOCK...'"
Stoned Mitch just wanders around while his buddies are having fun.

(Harris refuses to join in on dragging his friend, in any way - "There's no one funnier" is his only reply :()