Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

I also don't mind the Chaos and think it's a welcome change to the constant waves of ratmen. I don't need them to have personalities if I'm chopping them to bits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Night10194 posted:

Knight has a stylish little cape, though.
Stylish battlecry too.

re: Chaos, it's not that they're not good mechanical additions, it's that they're visually boring as gently caress when there are so many cool things they could have done with them. I also don't know if I like that their horde enemy is still pretty similar to the clanrats: as annoying as some of them are I think I'd rather see a smaller warband of the marauders with a smattering of slaves instead of hordes of slaves.

E: the idea of the Chaos spawn popping out of a chaos warrior is just such a cool little flavor thing. They've got all these mutations to play with and they go with "armored dude". Give me a guy I can dismember and watch him regrow an arm or something, or the occasional Chosen that looks like the Pillsbury doughboy shoved into armor way too small for him, or the occasional mutation on the higher-level warriors that changes up their attack pattern.

Ravenfood fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Mar 6, 2018

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

MonsterEnvy posted:

I like the Chaos dudes. They are not as fun as the Skaven but they are still a good addition to the game.

:same:

They just need a bit more obvious/frequent voice lines, they've got a bunch of audio personality at least, even if you're not a fan of the rabid GWAR fan visuals.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I always feel a bit more under pressure when I see chaos waves coming because there is more likely to be something nasty hidden in there compared to rats. I don't think they're as good as they could be, but I do enjoy fighting man targets and occasionally squaring off with a big dude (whatever the level below knights and rothelms is) in the middle of a huge loving melee.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
my primary mechanical complaint is that the marauders are just too loving heavy right now. by which i mean they make weapons stick and don't fall over way too much. until you are completely outclassing the difficulty, 2 marauders is enough to make even a 2 handed hammer stick, which loving blows because that weapon's entire thing is knocking over a ton of guys so you don't get hit. if there are 2 marauders + literally anything else a 2 handed hammer is at a SEVERE disadvantage, and many of the other weapons are no better off. pushing also doesn't help because - once again - the bastards are HEAVY and will barely notice it.

fundamentally i don't really get how i'm supposed to fight those situations without being punished severely.

Gejnor
Mar 14, 2005

Fun Shoe
I love the elf but i am 100% sure they'll do what CA did in TW:Warhammer and issue some sort of healing cap on it, as it is even i can say that yeah its a bit silly and its actively making me not want to try other elf-specs which i know is dumb.

Pinely
Jul 23, 2013
College Slice
Yeah a cap of some kind would be good. Like just regen to 50% of available health. Still useful but not "I don't need healing items anymore" useful.

Also, the temp health traits being level 20 is a big part of the problem. Makes the elf feel a lot more powerful, particularly with the group or increased regen it gets at 15.

Blinks77
Feb 15, 2012

Gejnor posted:

I love the elf but i am 100% sure they'll do what CA did in TW:Warhammer and issue some sort of healing cap on it, as it is even i can say that yeah its a bit silly and its actively making me not want to try other elf-specs which i know is dumb.

To be fair the basic premise of the other two is kinda "meh" anyway.
Dodge tanking is fine in theory but you often simply don't have the room for it and the shades 50% damage increase is nice but it's not that often i'm actually looking at the back of stuff.

Willie Tomg
Feb 2, 2006

Coolguye posted:

fundamentally i don't really get how i'm supposed to fight those situations without being punished severely.

Near as I can tell I think the idea is to take things that quickly apply chunks of burst damage to fewer overall targets like the 1hander axe and flail and such.

How is that supposed to happen when you can't see the level on deck in quick play? That is a very good question, it seems :shrug:

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the elf's regen is nice if you go down simply because if you stay out of trouble for bit you can take another odd hit without immediately going back down but i dunno at all about the idea that the elf will regen fully in the course of a normal game. typically i am moving quick enough that she's lucky to get an extra swat back between big clashes, and the point is almost academic in that context. the bar of 'i no longer need healing items period' seems a little exaggerated - by the time she healed up from full the level would've been over 5 minutes ago.

i'm sure this changes a lot when you stack it with orange traits and stuff though, and please be aware that this is from an outsider's perspective. elf is against my religion so she remains my one character at level 1.

Willie Tomg posted:

Near as I can tell I think the idea is to take things that quickly apply chunks of burst damage to fewer overall targets like the 1hander axe and flail and such.

How is that supposed to happen when you can't see the level on deck in quick play? That is a very good question, it seems :shrug:

i don't think it'd even help with that. chaos and skaven spawns are determined randomly per play. it's entirely possible to play War Camp without seeing a single footballer until ribspreader comes out.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 23:30 on Mar 6, 2018

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Gejnor posted:

They could do a thing like Dragon's Dogma, where you take damage and it lowers the max amount you can be healed up to, but the elf's regeneration can still tick back up to that lowered cap. Take more damage, lose overall healing potential. Healing items might reset your cap back to whatever they heal you up to. Seems like a decent way to handle regeneration, at least to start with. At least it doesn't make you functionally immortal, even with white health.

Kimsemus
Dec 4, 2013

by Reene
Toilet Rascal

Mechafunkzilla posted:

Does bounty hunter's 2 health on crit talent affect melee?

I can confirm it does not, nor does it refil your ammo if you crit in melee

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

I really don’t rush through levels unless the people I’m playing with really make me and I get a shitton of health from the waystalker. I would say that the really quick and dirty elf adjustment would be to slap it on the handmaiden instead, but it’s related to a talent so it don’t work

Either way that’s one of those balance things I’m not very concerned about since it’s something fatshark can easily tweak any way they want.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Fatshark please let players each play different career paths of the same character so I can have three Bardins and an elf for the ultimate shade-throwing session.

Also let me literally throw the Shade, preferably down a well.

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Kimsemus posted:

I can confirm it does not, nor does it refil your ammo if you crit in melee

Followup question: if you use the Repeater Handgun's alternate fire and blast something with all 8 shots with Blessed Shots up, would it then restore 16 health? Or does it count it as "one" crit and just restore 2 health?

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

the repeater pistol's alt fire counts as one shot which is precisely why it functions in its current boss-slaying way with blessed shots. it's possible that it functions on each individual impact for some reason but considering the way it handles the blunderbuss and grudge raker i doubt it.

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
Ranged careers in general were a mistake imo. Kerillian with swiftbow, BH Salty with repeater, Kruber with the boomstick and Sienna with plasma ball spam is all you need in a level. Salty and Kruber will handle bosses, with Salty instakilling most bosses while Kerillian and Sienna mow down anything before they even reach you. Specials barely have time to realize they are dead before a hail of gunfire, arrows and fireballs are heading their way.

Did three back-to-back champion runs with this set up and it got so boring and simple we started shooting each other just for kicks.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

if you think BH saltzpyre with the repeater pistol is good you should really try him with the volley bow. you lose a trivial amount of boss killing power to also be able to mow down 3 columns in a horde and snipe nerd specials at extreme range.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

BombiTheZombie posted:

Ranged careers in general were a mistake imo.

Yeeeeah, I wish they just weren't as bonkers as they are right now, it's entertaining sometimes when you're doing it but any other time it's *Swin- enemy shot* *Sw- enemy shot* *Swing- enemy shot* cool so do we hit anything today or.

Sykic
Feb 9, 2004

Resist! Humanity demands it! Resist!

Coolguye posted:

elf is against my religion

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star

Coolguye posted:

if you think BH saltzpyre with the repeater pistol is good you should really try him with the volley bow. you lose a trivial amount of boss killing power to also be able to mow down 3 columns in a horde and snipe nerd specials at extreme range.

I switched to doing this a couple days ago and it's so much better. I use it even on non-bh saltzpyre, even though the reload is torturous without the bh passive.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Please let the first Heroic Deed be 4 Slayer Bardins. Preferably with double boss spawns.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Broken Cog posted:

Please let the first Heroic Deed be 4 Slayer Bardins. Preferably with double boss spawns.

Four Slayers, nothing but rat ogre spawns.

Mr. Roger's Slayer-hood.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I’m kind of bummed that the Chaos Champion you can already kill in the preview build. Anti climatic really. Speaking of Chaos I’m kind of surprised they picked a Chaos Spawn as one of the mini-bosses. That’s much more a Tzneetch kinda creature. They could’ve done a more Nurgle creature like a lesser Grrat Unclean One or a Beast of Nurgle

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

people don't like footknight kruber? maybe it's because I've gotten lucky with items but i'm effectively a walking cc for up to like twenty enemies.

I loving love Foot Knight Kruber, that charge is the most satisfying ability right now, nothing compares to knocking a fuckload of dudes on their rear end and keeping them there with your shield while your teammates clean house

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i would say that basically every class in the game is at least serviceable, but people are going to cling to the meme classes and then get pissy when they're eventually toned down so honestly just play whatever clicks the best with you

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

Darius099 posted:

I loving love Foot Knight Kruber, that charge is the most satisfying ability right now, nothing compares to knocking a fuckload of dudes on their rear end and keeping them there with your shield while your teammates clean house

SIR KRUBER! HAHA!

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I’m kind of bummed that the Chaos Champion you can already kill in the preview build. Anti climatic really. Speaking of Chaos I’m kind of surprised they picked a Chaos Spawn as one of the mini-bosses. That’s much more a Tzneetch kinda creature. They could’ve done a more Nurgle creature like a lesser Grrat Unclean One or a Beast of Nurgle

Need more Chaos-themed specials, as well. How about a Forsaken that behaves like a L4D charger in armor, or some gross-looking bloated cultist who kamikaze's into you to shower the group in nasty goo and adorable nurglings?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I had one fight of him with friends go where the Kruber special (followed up by a paniced Salty special) didn't actually work for some reason, so we ended up fighting him normally. And the game dropped in ten berserkers immediately.

And it was lagging. I am not sure if the axe doing donuts around the arena completely independently is a feature or not.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The dude's just a Champion, he's not even an actual Lord. Of course he's going to be a pumped up chump.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

ChickenHeart posted:

Need more Chaos-themed specials, as well. How about a Forsaken that behaves like a L4D charger in armor, or some gross-looking bloated cultist who kamikaze's into you to shower the group in nasty goo and adorable nurglings?

Could probably replace Chaos guys with shields with straight up Plauge Bearers because of how hardy they are by default. Plus damage over time weapons from the plagueswords

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Darius099 posted:

I wish he had some kinda taunt like Ironslayer cuz I feel like I have a hard time offering control over bad moments with Foot Knight. That said, the charge is tons of fun, will provide a split second of relief from bosses/chaos warriors, and the Defensive Aura extends people's lives in an amazing way

Darius099
Dec 18, 2005

Ogion went on a halfmile or so, and said at last, 'To hear, one must be silent'.

Skypie posted:

I wish he had some kinda taunt like Ironslayer cuz I feel like I have a hard time offering control over bad moments with Foot Knight. That said, the charge is tons of fun, will provide a split second of relief from bosses/chaos warriors, and the Defensive Aura extends people's lives in an amazing way

I feel like it would be nice if the charge did even just a little bit of damage to help with the "clean up efforts" afterwards. Often despite my best efforts I've been the last man standing in bad situations and been able to valiantly try to get everyone up but to me that says there may be a bit of an issue with what Foot Knight brings to the table since ideally everyone isn't falling down in the first place when I'm still up. So maybe some kind of "hey I charged you, pay attention to me for a minute" thing would be good too.

Ultimately my biggest beefs are with the Handmaiden right now, as despite how much I hate the elf's personality and the stereotypical people who play her, I really like how cool the Handmaiden looks and her play style seems really neat. But as someone else said, there often is simply NOT enough room to be dodging around agilely, and frankly her ability is REALLY poor - it's literally the worst of all the dashes, it does nothing good for her and doesn't help her fulfill the role she seems to be supposed to be doing (tanking for her team), and her passive just isn't good enough overall compared to the others. To give it it's own space, I'd say maybe make it some kind of "rushing with her weapon" ability and make it do some damage to those she passes through? That would make it distinct from the other charges and keep her feeling like the sort of "dashing around stabbing things" kind of character she seems meant to be.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Vermintide 2: POST FOR OL' KRUBER

Worf
Sep 12, 2017

If only Seth would love me like I love him!

Im bad at this game

Skypie
Sep 28, 2008

Darius099 posted:

I feel like it would be nice if the charge did even just a little bit of damage to help with the "clean up efforts" afterwards. Often despite my best efforts I've been the last man standing in bad situations and been able to valiantly try to get everyone up but to me that says there may be a bit of an issue with what Foot Knight brings to the table since ideally everyone isn't falling down in the first place when I'm still up. So maybe some kind of "hey I charged you, pay attention to me for a minute" thing would be good too.

Ultimately my biggest beefs are with the Handmaiden right now, as despite how much I hate the elf's personality and the stereotypical people who play her, I really like how cool the Handmaiden looks and her play style seems really neat. But as someone else said, there often is simply NOT enough room to be dodging around agilely, and frankly her ability is REALLY poor - it's literally the worst of all the dashes, it does nothing good for her and doesn't help her fulfill the role she seems to be supposed to be doing (tanking for her team), and her passive just isn't good enough overall compared to the others. To give it it's own space, I'd say maybe make it some kind of "rushing with her weapon" ability and make it do some damage to those she passes through? That would make it distinct from the other charges and keep her feeling like the sort of "dashing around stabbing things" kind of character she seems meant to be.

I haven't played the elf waifu yet but I will probably level her eventually cuz I like her more than Sienna, playstyles wise, but the Handmaiden has always sounded a little awkward.

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Digirat posted:

It’s because the cool funny rat bros still have all the memorable personality

WE RULE

DIE DIE

HAIL SKAVENBLIGHT

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011

ChickenHeart posted:

I want to fight FUCKIN' demons.
Don't give me chaos that's just shirtless men. I wanna FIGHT DEMONS GODDAMNIT

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May
Can someone explain to me what exactly Ranger Kruber's special ability does? Does it make him invisible and untargetable for the duration and grant some crit bonus on attack? Not entirely sure what it does.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Where do you guys recommend making the first difficult level jump? Around 200ish it feels too punishing increasing from recruit, but I might just be bad.

• Locked thread