Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

Do any other weapons besides Saltzpyre's rapier n' pistol use the "weapon special"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Jimbot posted:

Do any other weapons besides Saltzpyre's rapier n' pistol use the "weapon special"?
Kerillian's longbow zooms in I think?

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

NeurosisHead posted:

Where do you guys recommend making the first difficult level jump? Around 200ish it feels too punishing increasing from recruit, but I might just be bad.

Can you do recruit fine and do you want it a little harder? I would say you could do it fine depending how you answer that. I think you only need total hero power at 100 to join veteran games and the teammates will be slightly better than those in recruit games.

I would say the fastest exp would be from recruit if you ignore the completion chests capping at power level 100. You can still get power upgrades from commendation chests and crafting. I'm not sure if your power drops upgrade on their own by how many games you play or it levels up when you get the items themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if you can get power level 300 items solely from the boxes from leveling up and just level up all your characters and ignoring champion difficulty.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Tenzarin posted:

Can you do recruit fine and do you want it a little harder? I would say you could do it fine depending how you answer that. I think you only need total hero power at 100 to join veteran games and the teammates will be slightly better than those in recruit games.

I would say the fastest exp would be from recruit if you ignore the completion chests capping at power level 100. You can still get power upgrades from commendation chests and crafting. I'm not sure if your power drops upgrade on their own by how many games you play or it levels up when you get the items themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if you can get power level 300 items solely from the boxes from leveling up and just level up all your characters and ignoring champion difficulty.

Yeah, I can cruise through recruit no matter how many pubs I have to carry, and wanted some more challenge. Those same pubs turn into millstones around my neck on veteran though.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

So, heads up: if you're on a recent AMD card (I'm using an RX480 but a guy using a Vega 64 on reddit reports the same issue), the "game ready" 18.3.1 driver for Vermintide 2 actually causes an issue. Specifically, on the Festering Grove mission the entire screen will go black. The only way that I've found to fix it is to exit the game completely. 18.2.3 was not doing this, and I've done a clean install via DDU to try to eliminate that possibility.

So... avoid the latest driver for now, I guess.

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

I didn’t really pay attention to the End Times in Warhammer because it was such garbage but was Nurgle the main god driving forward in Chaos undivided or was it Tzneetch as typical?

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Gonkish posted:

So, heads up: if you're on a recent AMD card (I'm using an RX480 but a guy using a Vega 64 on reddit reports the same issue), the "game ready" 18.3.1 driver for Vermintide 2 actually causes an issue. Specifically, on the Festering Grove mission the entire screen will go black. The only way that I've found to fix it is to exit the game completely. 18.2.3 was not doing this, and I've done a clean install via DDU to try to eliminate that possibility.

So... avoid the latest driver for now, I guess.

Parts of the tutorial prologue and random bits of the caves in that mission have made this happen on my nvidia card--it depends where I am and where I'm facing

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Unzip and Attack posted:

Can someone explain to me what exactly Ranger Kruber's special ability does? Does it make him invisible and untargetable for the duration and grant some crit bonus on attack? Not entirely sure what it does.

Kruber's ability functionally just throws down a aura of guaranteed critical hits and also gives him personally infinite ammo for the duration of the ability. (The aura is extremely small. Like, the size of the chest totem at Taal's keep small.) It also turns his screen hazy and makes it a little hard to see while increasing the bass of his GUN dramatically for some reason. You are still incredibly targetable for the duration. It also increases reload speed, I believe.

Bardin's ranger special makes him invisible, though doesn't have the crit aura.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.
All the achievements got added, but there may be more. Nothing is very unique or specific right now, and there's only 26.

The only difficulty related one is to complete Skittergate on all the difficulties, which I guess is the last level.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
At what power level do chaos stop being such a pain in the rear end

3 hits to kill a slave like wtf

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
A friend did some testing;

Crit chance! 5% base, it seems all (elf, probably slayer too) double weapons have an additional +10% for free. Careers that say they increase crit chance seems to be a flat 5%. Combined with the talent that's just 25% for all your "get heals off crits" pleasure.

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy
The worst thing about this game is that slayer doesn't have special voice lines when you leap. Its ruining my immersion jumping into a horde of rat slaves only to have him casually say 'An old ranger trick..."

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

comatose posted:

The worst thing about this game is that slayer doesn't have special voice lines when you leap. Its ruining my immersion jumping into a horde of rat slaves only to have him casually say 'An old ranger trick..."

That's a bug, he used to scream about BY GRIMNIR and BY THE ANCESTORS! while laughing madly.

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

comatose posted:

It seems to be bugged at the moment. It was doing them before, usually some variant of yelling a dwarf deity's name.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Dr. VooDoo posted:

I didn’t really pay attention to the End Times in Warhammer because it was such garbage but was Nurgle the main god driving forward in Chaos undivided or was it Tzneetch as typical?

It was largely Nurgle, Khorne and Archaon.

But we can more or less blame Teclis for Chaos getting as far as it did, cause he sabotaged Middenhiem by stealing the flame of Ulric thus allowing them to take the city before allies arrived. And this also allowed Chaos access to the world ending device. Mannfred then takes the blame from there as he kills Gelt and Teclis before they can turn off the World ending device.

We can then further blame Lilieth the Elf god for lying to Teclis about what he has to do, which causes him start a chain of events that results in MIddenhiem falling.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Sounds like bad story telling to me

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Phi230 posted:

At what power level do chaos stop being such a pain in the rear end

3 hits to kill a slave like wtf

What weapon?

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Tenzarin posted:

What weapon?

executioner sword

comatose
Nov 23, 2005

Lipstick Apathy

Night10194 posted:

That's a bug, he used to scream about BY GRIMNIR and BY THE ANCESTORS! while laughing madly.

A Bug posted:

It seems to be bugged at the moment. It was doing them before, usually some variant of yelling a dwarf deity's name.

Game is a 5/5 then.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender

Phi230 posted:

executioner sword

2 handers usually 1 shot really easily. That weapon used to get bonus head shot dmg, I would guess it does in this one.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Lunethex posted:

Sounds like bad story telling to me

Oh yeah. But most of the bad stuff that I personally don't like is a result of that Elf God lying to Teclis. Which causes him to let Malekith murder the Phoenix king, Set Malekith up as King, Allows Tryions Daughter and future Everqueen to be sacrificed by Mannfred and Arkhan to revive Nagash (Which along with the Malekith thing alienates Tyrion and causes him to become the Avatar of Khaine.) he then destroyed the magical vortex keeping the world from being flooded with even more Daemons, which destroyed Ulthuan in the process. After Tryion was killed trying to kill Malekith he stole Ulric Flame to revive Tyrion and empower him with the power he stole from the Vortex. (Which resulted in Ulric's death and the conquest of Middenhiem.) And it was revealed he did this stuff because the Elf God told him it was the only way to beat Chaos but she was lying to him.

This was all stuff I hated in the End Times and what led to the end of the world.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Nagash was the only way to beat Chaos, she wasn't lying.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

NeurosisHead posted:

Nagash was the only way to beat Chaos, she wasn't lying.

Maybe had they won that would be true.

Also no she lied super hard as she never had any intention of winning and was planning on using the Elves as a distraction. The better plan would have been to support the Empire and stop the Hordes of Chaos from getting through Kislev.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

duckfarts
Jul 2, 2010

~ shameful ~

Soiled Meat

holy poo poo, 9 shields?!

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

There's kind of no point discussing what anyone should have done in the End Times since the outcome was right in the name.

Though it's pretty hilarious that even in their supposed 'we just get to win forever' stupid story Chaos only wins because a bunch of people do stupid poo poo at the last minute, not because it did anything clever or well.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 06:54 on Mar 7, 2018

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

duckfarts posted:

holy poo poo, 9 shields?!

thread is full of illiterates I swer

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Night10194 posted:

There's kind of no point discussing what anyone should have done in the End Times since the outcome was right in the name.

I meannnn, Storm of Chaos ended up being more like a light drizzle of chaos once Grimgor came and punted Archaon in the balls, that was after an assload of chaos favoritism there too.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
Think they would add the upper Crooked Moon faction which are more goblins than orcs or would they add in greenskinz and smother us with orcs?

Tenzarin fucked around with this message at 08:20 on Mar 7, 2018

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Yardbomb posted:

I meannnn, Storm of Chaos ended up being more like a light drizzle of chaos once Grimgor came and punted Archaon in the balls, that was after an assload of chaos favoritism there too.

Storm of Chaos is more or less the End Times if the Elf Goddess had not lied to Teclis. Meaning that Middenhiem stopped Archaon and his forces were driven away after Grimgor came and headbutted him.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Tenzarin posted:

Think they would add the upper Crooked Moon faction which are more goblins than orcs or would they add in greenskinz and smother us with orcs?

Greenskins I feel like you'd have savage orcs be the chaff or just low-level boyz, obviously black orcs are gonna be your stormvermin stand-in, night goblins would probably be your specials to a part.

Pants Donkey
Nov 13, 2011

Worst case scenario: Vermintide 3 takes place in Age of Sigmar :ohdear:

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Pants Donkey posted:

might be fun if the characters are just ragging on it the entire time I guess

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
"DUARDINAWRI? DAWRI WAS SO MUCH BETTER, BY GRIMGIR"

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

Pants Donkey posted:

That's probably a pretty safe "No" at least, AoS has only really become "Okay" as a wargame and people still near unanimously dislike the setting.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
the owner of fatshark is also well on record for being a gigantic fan of warhammer fantasy, but he aggressively refuses to say anything in public about AoS (which means he hates it and doesn't want to endanger his working relationship with games workshop).

also, i'm gonna be sad when they fix the voice bugs for characters' career actives. saltzpyre going full judge death when he pulls his magnum in BH mode really sells it.

Coolguye fucked around with this message at 09:01 on Mar 7, 2018

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

I just wish there was an option to retain the sweet witch hunter hat while playing bounty hunter rather than the boring + practical visored sallet

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog

LGD posted:

I just wish there was an option to retain the sweet witch hunter hat while playing bounty hunter rather than the boring + practical visored sallet

In the early closed beta, cosmetics were enabled (though you couldn't earn any), and messing with the wardrobe allowed you to swap Saltzpyre's helmet/hat on either of his careers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

LGD posted:

might be fun if the characters are just ragging on it the entire time I guess
GOTY all years if you do this, Fatshark

• Locked thread