Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

Dee Ehm posted:

I rushed getting Medea up to 70 for this giant ghost, and I have to say, after giving her a Black Grail, level 10 Fox's Wedding and level 10 Instant Enhancement, I expected her Rule Breaker to at least break 100K damage.

Kinda disappointed. She killed the ghost, but it took way more RURU BREAKAS than I thought it would.
Yeah Medea is honestly one of the weaker ST NPs in the game; she makes up for it by being able to do it almost every other turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dee Ehm
Apr 10, 2014
Thinking about it more, Medea's honestly lucky it deals damage at all.

I'm sure I'll still use her some times, she's a solid 3* Caster regardless, but I'm kinda wishing I'd put those pages on getting Nursery Rhyme up and running instead now.

Mason Dixon
Jul 28, 2001

Crimson Butterfly

Waver/Medea Lily/Heracles/Heracles/Euryale/Mash took Edgevenger out without having to burn any seals, though it was very close with my Heracles as the sole survivor.

Marogareh
Feb 23, 2011
Still waiting for 10 more stamina to do Dantes. Those poor ghosts didn't stand a chance with my HUGE crits team of Nursery Rhyme, Hans and Waver. Final ghost only got one super move off thanks to Waver and NR spamming NP.

Majinfefnir13
Oct 11, 2009

Finally cleared the event, man the first part gave me so much trouble. After 3 tries I managed to beat the big ghost thanks to Hans' buffs and Heracles being to sole survivor to deal the finishing blow. Dantes on the other hand was a complete joke, I underestimated how much Euryale's NP can do with Bride Nero+Waver buffs. In the end I burnt all 3 of my seals so my Euryale equipped with Heavens Feel can blast him away for 175K a piece, also kinda helped that the def down from Bride Nero's NP proc'ed too.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

goddamnit i got him to 30k before he killed my backrow. oh well, i had commands saved for this very reason

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

I'd have probably been able to do that or non-seal it if I'd thought my comp through better, but my kinda braindead team got him down most of the way so I just went gently caress it, revived, and nuked the rest of his bar the next turn.

Douche Phoenix
Oct 25, 2014
Waver/ Herc / support GOLDEN / Tamamo / Lalter / Mash
Got pretty dicey near the end, but managed to secure myself a no seals win. Feels good.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
https://www.facebook.com/FateGO.USA/videos/1137040129785352/

America launch confirmed for March 15! Very excited for this one, lots of fun Servants in this chapter.

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?
Fox Wife/Grumpy Mage/Cute NEET managed to burn through the first stage no problem and then GOLDEN, Waver, Robin Hood, Shiki, Medea, and a friend's NP5 (:eyepop:) Vlad made the second fight not the worst.

I'm a little sad, I WAITED and HOPED but Edgemond Dantes never came to me with my tickets. Better luck in the rerun, hopefully. and better luck with my pulls for jalter in a month or so

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

fffuuck davinci is gonna be when i'm on my trip to rome isn't it

Sylphid
Aug 3, 2012
Thank god I could use a support Waver for this quest. Charged up Lu Bu/Kaleido, nuked him with NP B B for my first real damage, Chevalier took off some heat for the first few turns. Managed to halt his NP for a few turns but then he nuked me, took out Lu Bu / Ushi (who replaced Chev), almost killed Waver with his first skill active + 1 attack. He survived long enough to give Liz / Artoria defense + offense, died next turn, then (mostly) Liz took him apart. No command spells (that run), but very close.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Ibram Gaunt posted:

Got Kiara with 3 of the 10 tickets from todays log in. Woo.

nice

my 10 tickets gave me nothing... maybe i should have saved them but i had to give it a shot

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME
10 tickets from today got me Passionlip so that's rad. Happy to have a Sakura-face since I missed BB.

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009
Unsurprisingly the ghost troupe didn't stand much of a chance against Medea/Mozart/Hans. Mozart really needs his strengthening, though - I can't say he contributed much to the fight as is.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

TheFireMagi posted:

https://www.facebook.com/FateGO.USA/videos/1137040129785352/

America launch confirmed for March 15! Very excited for this one, lots of fun Servants in this chapter.
Guess no Arjuna/Karna banner, though I wonder if we'll still get the 1/2 AP Training Grounds.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I have to say, the translation for this event is honestly quite good.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Euryale really proving her chops this event. Especially on the last boss where she had him stunned for like a 1/3 of the actual fight.

Badingading
Sep 2, 2011

Ghost parade was a bit of a slog due to my only high-level damage-dealing caster being Medea but I managed to win (after everyone but Tamamo died and she barely hung on in the end because of boss ghost crits and NPs). My first attempt at Dantes ended poorly with a standard "buff the zerker and beat him into a pulp" team after he surprised me with his NP charge skill and pulled a Chateau D'If on my frontline a turn early and my backline fell shortly afterwards, so I threw a MLB Holy Shroud on Tamacat, tossed every defense buff on her, and marveled as she took only two digits worth of damage per hit. Then everyone apart from her died but she still managed to land the final blow. :toot:

Gologle posted:

I have to say, the translation for this event is honestly quite good.

I was really impressed. Seems they realized the value of a decent editor pass.

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug
managed to beat whole event with 4 command seals and 1 saint quartz so a huge net positive :v:

i was rolling my eyes at the idea of edgelord dantes at first but uh the entire questline story was really cool? i enjoyed it and was stoked w/ the ending even

Ashsaber
Oct 24, 2010

Deploying Swordbreakers!
College Slice
Got edgelord down to 33k HP before having to resort to command seals. Given that I had been expecting to use them from the start I feel that things went well enough.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I went in with Waver, Robin Hood, Support Tamamo, Mash, St. George, Heracles, in that order. Robin was, of course, the frontline offense, and I put my MLB Black Grail on him despite my reservations (I was leaning heavily toward Halloween Princess for that extra starting boost, but decided with an Arts team building NP was not a problem).

It was dicey at the beginning, I'll admit. Dantes immediately hit Robin with a lucky crit, so I had to waste Tamamo's Fox Wedding immediately to make sure he didn't die in the next turn. But once Tamamo got her NP off and started the ball rolling everything fell into place. Dante never even got a chance to use his NP because I either had Waver's NP ready to remove it, had Tamamo remove it, or stunned him with the plug suit. Took 10 turns in all, and he never once penetrated my front line. Arts teams are good folks.

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D
My single ticket roll strikes once again, but in JP with Kiara

I would have been slightly happier with Passionlip, but I'll take what I can get

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Took me a few tries and a 90 Support Herc, but in the end it came to this:

Very appropriate, honestly. I don't care you're not meta, Saber Alter, you deserve your burgers.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?
http://news.fate-go.jp/2018/cbc2018_pu/

More news about White Day on JPN! It's Proto Arthur again with some more beautiful boy CEs that I will be unable to choose from.

e: Also because it's not on that page for some reason, have a costumed Proto Arthur NP. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUQyknOhkbA

TheFireMagi fucked around with this message at 05:23 on Mar 7, 2018

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Poor Dantes, didn't even get a single turn to act. The Black Grail was a bigger threat than he was.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3

TheFireMagi posted:

http://news.fate-go.jp/2018/cbc2018_pu/

More news about White Day on JPN! It's Proto Arthur again with some more beautiful boy CEs that I will be unable to choose from.

IS THAT CU CHULAINN AS HIS OWN THREE MUSKETEER BAND???? That is amazing. When that hits us in two years that will be my CE of choice.

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

Well, that was a short fight. One Servant KO'd, one command seal used, three turns taken.

Went in with Herc(Kaleidoscope) + Waver + support Kintoki (NP3, MLB Imaginary Element), and put Gil in my back line. First turn proceeded to put up all attack buffs along with Waver's other skills to fully NP charge them, then swapped in Gil to add another attack buff. NPs from the Herc/Kintoki, plus a Kintoki buster card, proceeded to knock off over half his health, though unfortunately the stun didn't stick. He proceeded to multi-crit Herc on his turn, but this was ironically to my benefit due to the card reshuffle. Second turn had me command seal Kintoki's NP back up, then did a NP buster brave chain which took him to 7k. Third turn was just cleanup.

Honestly probably would have had roughly the same results even without Gil, so it's really just another example of just how powerful just having Waver is to prep everyone else so quickly.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
For all of those who, like me, didn't roll Edgemont: wait, and hope.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

MonsieurChoc posted:

For all of those who, like me, didn't roll Edgemont: wait, and hope.

Waiting and hoping for Nightingale.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Hold your breath
Make a wish
Count to three

Come with me
And you'll be
In a world of pure imagination...

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

1/2AP training grounds tomorrow (and we end up late on Berserker day, drat) and another Singularity pickup banner instead of Karna/Arjuna.

And no free 15 quartz.

Meh. But I'll take it.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Pureauthor posted:

And no free 15 quartz.

Facebook thing gives 10 quartz at least? Maybe they'll give us the extra as part of a stream thing?

Be nice if they did another stream...

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

I need pages to finally max Babbage. For the dream...

Killed By Death
Jun 29, 2013

I cannot beat this loving ghost. If the point of this event is to make me want Dantes then it's having the opposite effect, because he feels like a weight around my neck.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

MonsieurChoc posted:

I need pages to finally max Babbage. For the dream...

I still haven't summoned Babbajin 28. I do the FP gacha every day, I burned a few ten thousand for each even for a silver event CE or two, I've done a couple dozen gacha pulls... not King of Steam for me. :negative:

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.

Killed By Death posted:

I cannot beat this loving ghost. If the point of this event is to make me want Dantes then it's having the opposite effect, because he feels like a weight around my neck.

yeah Dantes with no CE is not very good for this.

I would suggest not feeling too bad using Seals on this; the second fight's much easier then the first.

Traveller
Jan 6, 2012

WHIM AND FOPPERY

Stallion Cabana posted:

yeah Dantes with no CE is not very good for this.

I would suggest not feeling too bad using Seals on this; the second fight's much easier then the first.

To me it was the opposite, but I guess it depends on your luck with Caster draws.

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I still haven't summoned Babbajin 28. I do the FP gacha every day, I burned a few ten thousand for each even for a silver event CE or two, I've done a couple dozen gacha pulls... not King of Steam for me. :negative:

Awws. It took me a lot of time to get him to NP 5: it only happened this week. He's a 3*, you'll get him to NP5 in no time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

Waver/Hans/Medea stalled/stabbed the ghost to oblivion.