Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Proud Christian Mom
Dec 20, 2006
READING COMPREHENSION IS HARD
here's hoping Karam DNQs. cmon Buddy you can do it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reynold
Feb 14, 2012

Suffer not the unclean to live.
Why are Indycar drivers being made into animes? Why is this happening? The art style is okay I guess, but why do they have special powers?

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Yeah I don't quite get what the point of this is either. Feels like a weird marketing exercise.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

It's neat and fun, it doesn't need to be anything more that that :shrug:

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Bentai posted:

Yeah I don't quite get what the point of this is either. Feels like a weird marketing exercise.

... its literally a marketing exercise though?

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

I'm getting NHL Guardian Project flashbacks from those, but I at least give them props for trying to market the drivers for a change.

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

My thought was Nascar Racers without a budget.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

1) Are we doing the fantasy game again this year?

2) Why does Sage Karam have a ride? How does Sage Karam keep getting rides?

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Wherever you go, whatever you do, I will be right here waiting for you...

Yams Fan

CBJSprague24 posted:

1) Are we doing the fantasy game again this year?

2) Why does Sage Karam have a ride? How does Sage Karam keep getting rides?

1) Yes we will do the same league
2) :iiam:

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Karam has some ability on ovals. I guess he's a "fan favourite" among mouthbreathers (though I am also a mouthbreather and I hate the guy.)

Custard Undies
Jan 7, 2006

#essereFerrari

Looks like Indycar will be shown in Australia again thankfully!

ESPN will be showing it as usual, so I'm not sure why when I asked Foxtel (Aus pay tv company) if it was being shown they weren't able to answer me.

bennyfactor
Nov 21, 2008
https://vimeo.com/242315213

Video stitched together from photos at the 2018 Indycar brand video shoot of Hinchcliffe at IMS. Pretty cool.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

https://twitter.com/ConorDaly22/status/971096972995284995

ok thunderbirds scheme on an indycar kicks rear end

e: so with the pending announcements of Hildebrand and Oriol, we've got 34 cars. If Buddy shows, thats 35. we bumpin baby.

Cygni fucked around with this message at 20:44 on Mar 6, 2018

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Respect the power of the wind

Cygni posted:

so with the pending announcements of Hildebrand and Oriol, we've got 34 cars. If Buddy shows, thats 35. we bumpin baby.

I wonder if Buddy will show up now seeing that qualification isn't guaranteed. He didn't start last in 2017 (30th) but as the car count ticks to 34 and beyond I wonder if he can shoulder the risk of fighting for a spot in the last two rows and maybe not making it in.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
They should start all entires.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

I think they will up to 35 seeing as there is SOME precedent for it. Once they get to 36 they'll start bumping.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

No, they won't. Honda and Chevy are cool with providing that many engines for practice and qualifying, but to also hold that support for the race as well? Sketchy.

33. 33.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan
There could be 100 entries, but there should only ever be 33 starters :colbert:

Also I was curious as to why the Safety Team trucks at the Phoenix test were just plain black stock trucks, now I know why

quote:

AMR named new sponsor of INDYCAR Safety Team, official ambulance provider of Indianapolis Motor Speedway

INDIANAPOLIS (Tuesday, March 6, 2018) - The INDYCAR Safety Team, an industry leader in motorsports, now has title sponsorship from a national leader in emergency medical transport.

American Medical Response (AMR) was named today to a multiyear partnership with INDYCAR and Indianapolis Motor Speedway. AMR will brand the INDYCAR Safety Team and provide emergency and non-emergency ground medical transportation services at IMS.

The group now known as the AMR INDYCAR Safety team will continue to provide world-class medical response and care at all Verizon IndyCar Series and Mazda Road to Indy events.

gret
Dec 12, 2005

goggle-eyed freak

Human Grand Prix posted:

But reserve the top 25 spots to teams who've run the whole season...

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

KingShibby posted:

Also I was curious as to why the Safety Team trucks at the Phoenix test were just plain black stock trucks, now I know why

Huh. I guess Pruett misinterpreted that last release for Holmatro re-upping for another five years.

RIP the orange fire suits.

KingShibby
Jan 30, 2004

Yams Fan

WindyMan posted:

Huh. I guess Pruett misinterpreted that last release for Holmatro re-upping for another five years.

RIP the orange fire suits.

Holmatro is still involved and did renew their sponsorship, but now it's just as the Official Rescue Tools of INDYCAR. But yeah those orange firesuits looked pretty sweet

INDYCAR PR posted:

As previously announced, Holmatro remains involved with INDYCAR and Indianapolis Motor Speedway as the Official Rescue Tool Provider. Holmatro tools have been used to expedite on-track medical response at Indy car events since 1991.

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

KingShibby posted:

Holmatro is still involved and did renew their sponsorship, but now it's just as the Official Rescue Tools of INDYCAR.

quote:

IndyCar's guardian angels, its traveling safety crew, will continue to have Holmatro as its title sponsor in a new agreement that extends the partnership into the next decade.

Like I said.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

Human Grand Prix posted:

bumping kicks rear end and is legitimately my 2nd fav indycar event (when it happens) next to the 500 itself

also, the people have spoken:

https://twitter.com/GrahamRahal/status/969737352754024448

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

also harding is gonna have some wild colors

wicka
Jun 28, 2007

Cygni posted:

God drat this is good as hell

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cygni posted:

O hey.

Human Grand Prix
Jan 24, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Cygni posted:

bumping kicks rear end and is legitimately my 2nd fav indycar event (when it happens) next to the 500 itself

also, the people have spoken:

https://twitter.com/GrahamRahal/status/969737352754024448

I, too, like watching Buddy Lazier's car sit disassembled in the garage during qualifying. I was on the edge of my seat.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Did they rip off Dale Jr’s number font for the 88 there? It looks close.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

harperdc posted:

Did they rip off Dale Jr’s number font for the 88 there? It looks close.

Yeah, they did. IIRC Dale tweeted about it last year and liked it.

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Cygni posted:

Good! I enjoyed their choice of colors in their races last season, glad they're able to stick with this style.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cygni posted:

Hello there.

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

this weekend's (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) field of 24

WindyMan
Mar 21, 2002

Cygni posted:

this weekend's (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) field of 24

Look at all of those pretty sponsors.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

LED panel functionality:

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

WindyMan posted:

Yeah I was just thinking it's nice to see two properly sponsored Dale Coyne entries without paniced phone calls to Sonny's and the Boy Scouts.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Dudley posted:

Yeah I was just thinking it's nice to see two properly sponsored Dale Coyne entries without paniced phone calls to Sonny's and the Boy Scouts.

The second car will likely have that through the year, but it seems like Bourdais’ car is properly funded.

Also it’s kinda weird that JoNew is basically in Helio’s car but with the #1 plate. The ultimate final insult :smug:

Bentai
Jul 8, 2004

NERF THIS!

Indycar fantasy team site is back up. All accounts have been deleted, and unless they add it in the next couple days, it looks like no leagues this year.

hunnert car pileup
Oct 28, 2007

the first world was a mistake

WindyMan posted:

Sure looks different from the 2003-07 Champ Car grid, yeah?

Cygni
Nov 12, 2005

raring to post

guess what

rain

NWS posted:

Sunday: Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 79. Breezy, with a south wind 14 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 26 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MazeOfTzeentch
May 2, 2009

rip miso beno
CHAOS REIGNSRAINS