Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT ABOUT BEING HIP!

Olympic Mathlete posted:

I trust you have the exhaust valve open at all times? :colbert:

...they're one of the best sounding cars on the road in terms of exhaust noise to the point where I feel genuinely offended when one flies past with the valve closed.

Typically I keep them closed unless I'm going to be turning on to the highway where I can actually get a few RPM out of it, especially since it's winter and the windows are staying up. I don't know how much of a difference it'll make just going around at 60kph, but next time I go somewhere I'll keep them open and check.

(Once it gets warm out I'll start using my nice camera and try to get some glamour & road trip shots)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Raluek posted:

Aren't they just a V6? :confused: I don't think I've heard any V6 that sounds as good as your everyday burbly Mustang or whatever. I guess I'll have to pay more attention to the sound next time I see one.

The Ghibli doesn't sound that good on video, but is great in person.

Blame Pyrrhus
May 6, 2003

Me reaping: Well this fucking sucks. What the fuck.
Pillbug

Hirethor posted:

(aka: Holy poo poo what have I done?)

The right thing from the looks of it!

D C
Jun 20, 2004

1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING
1-800-HOTLINEBLING

Bape Culture posted:

Y’all should keep buying f types and keep me in a job.
Absolutely fantastic cars.

I'd love to buy one, but they are waaaaaay too loving small inside. Mercedes is the only one that builds small roadster/coupes that fit people over like 5'7.

GnarlyCharlie4u
Sep 23, 2007

I have an unhealthy obsession with motorcycles.

Proof

Somewhat Heroic posted:

F types sound completely pissed of at any speed greater than 15 MPH. They are wonderful sounding cars :allears:

It's certainly better than having a Maserati.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:

kimbo305 posted:

The Ghibli doesn't sound that good on video, but is great in person.

so does a Genesis but lol that anyone has ever actually bought one

willroc7
Jul 24, 2006

BADGES? WE DON'T NEED NO STINKIN' BADGES!

Hirethor posted:

Typically I keep them closed unless I'm going to be turning on to the highway where I can actually get a few RPM out of it, especially since it's winter and the windows are staying up. I don't know how much of a difference it'll make just going around at 60kph, but next time I go somewhere I'll keep them open and check.

(Once it gets warm out I'll start using my nice camera and try to get some glamour & road trip shots)

How's it handle the snow?

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?
Great. It has Winter tires, AWD, and winter driving mode. Compared to the car it's replacing it's like driving in summer. There haven't been any days with fresh snow on the ground yet since I got it, but it's so far been flawless on packed snow and ice.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.
:byetankie:
I bought an old truck

It's a 1985 Toyota Hilux Surf, 5 speed manual equipped with the 2L-T turbo diesel 4 cyl. 4x4, AC, beautifully maintained. I don't know exactly why the previous owner picked out the fabric they did for the seat covers and center console arm rest, or why they sheep skinned (???) the shift boots. Whatever, it has fender mirrors, those wicked sick stripes and no rust of any kind at all so I will deal with (remove) that when it gets here. Special mention that this is the 907th Hilux Surf that came off the line according the the Frame No. :cool:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Trailbreaker!!!

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

TURBO TURBO TURBO!!!

OBAMNA PHONE
Aug 7, 2002
oh my god how much did that cost

ExecuDork
Feb 25, 2007

We might be fucked, sir.
Fallen Rib
Fender mirrors are the best. What car has both fender mirrors and pop-up headlights? I need something new to lust after.

Also, I love the speakers on the tailgate.

What is this?

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

ExecuDork posted:

Fender mirrors are the best. What car has both fender mirrors and pop-up headlights? I need something new to lust after.

What is this?

The awesome jack that came with Toyota trucks until at least as late as the 100 series Land Cruiser came out
Also, what looks like a fluid bag, which I've never seen before

BraveUlysses posted:

This.

Wistful of Dollars
Aug 25, 2009

I love the fender mirrors :allears:

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich

ExecuDork posted:

What is this?

Bottle jack.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

ExecuDork posted:

What is this?

The original bottle jack in insanely good condition.

Good loving god that is the truck of my dreams in every way imaginable. I'm crazy jealous.

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

BraveUlysses posted:

$6500. It is in Japan though so figure around $9500 for it in my driveway, titled tagged. I generally don't spend this much but I usually don't buy to keep either. I'm thinking though that this Surf is going to become my wife's car to replace her Tracker. When she drives the Rugger or Crown around and people ask her "woah what??" she can now drive the Hilux which is much more eye-catching, says Toyota, and is just fantastic looking and reply back "Why you want one?" Catch that hot Back to the Future demo. Plus first-gen Hilux/4Runners could take their tops off ala the Tracker which we both really like.

BlackMK4 posted:

The awesome jack that came with Toyota trucks until at least as late as the 100 series Land Cruiser came out
Also, what looks like a fluid bag, which I've never seen before

That bag has got to be the fluid reservoir for the rear washer, my Rugger has one in the rear door. Having it's rear tailgate instead of a huge door they probably shoved it in with the bottle jack.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
That's pretty crazy, I've never seen that before. My LC had a washer line all the way back there

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

BlackMK4 posted:

That's pretty crazy, I've never seen that before. My LC had a washer line all the way back there

Early subaru impreza wagons have a rear washer fluid tank, my 84 mercedes 300td has a rear tank for washer fluid. It's not that uncommon.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm
The Merc surprises me, given how much they loved their loving lines running everywhere

chrisgt
Sep 6, 2011

:getin:

BlackMK4 posted:

The Merc surprises me, given how much they loved their loving lines running everywhere

Hey it doesn't run on vacuum (or the spare tire*), I'll be thankful for that.

* Old ACVWs (i think) used the spare tire to pressurize the washer fluid.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

I love everything about your truck, but this part got a special double-take from me :haw:

Previa_fun
Nov 10, 2004

Hirethor posted:

I love everything about your truck, but this part got a special double-take from me :haw:

ALTI METER

Fermented Tinal
Aug 25, 2005

by Pragmatica

Hirethor posted:

I want an oem clinometre for my Hilux so bad.

Kaker, that Surf looks sweet af. It's probably in better condition than most 1st gen 4runners here in NA.

Hirethor
Dec 16, 2008

You think you know hip?

Previa_fun posted:

ALTI METER

*Japanese text on the bottom right*
But "Hell Yeah" to ALTI METER.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

the transmission in my S60 was beginning to make some really worrying noises, so I decided to trade it in before poo poo got expensive.

I know it’s a generic economy sedan, but I absolutely love this thing. It feels just as quick as my 250hp Volvo, probably owning to he fact that it weighs 700lb less.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Thats slick but whats with the weird chrome chin strap that looks like its at an angle separate than the rest of the car?

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Rock My Socks! posted:

the transmission in my S60 was beginning to make some really worrying noises, so I decided to trade it in before poo poo got expensive.

I know it’s a generic economy sedan, but I absolutely love this thing. It feels just as quick as my 250hp Volvo, probably owning to he fact that it weighs 700lb less.

Is that the Sport? The Accord in general is a great car but the Sport is my favorite trim level since you can actually get them in the 6-speed

Edit: I guess yours isn’t the Sport since you have the chrome.

Bouillon Rube
Aug 6, 2009

It’s a Civic, so none of the above!

It’s easy to confuse the two these days; the 10th gen Civic is nearly as big as the Accord.

Mine is an EX-T, which is the lowest sedan trim that offers the 1.5T engine. It does have a CVT, but it’s much more tolerable than the Subaru and Nissan CVT units that I’ve driven in the past.

I looked at the Sport models, and while I like the look of that hatchbacks, you sacrifice a ton of features (namely Apple Carplay and the cool all-digital instrument cluster)

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

Rock My Socks! posted:

It’s a Civic, so none of the above!

It’s easy to confuse the two these days; the 10th gen Civic is nearly as big as the Accord.

Mine is an EX-T, which is the lowest sedan trim that offers the 1.5T engine. It does have a CVT, but it’s much more tolerable than the Subaru and Nissan CVT units that I’ve driven in the past.

I looked at the Sport models, and while I like the look of that hatchbacks, you sacrifice a ton of features (namely Apple Carplay and the cool all-digital instrument cluster)

Oh poo poo you’re right it is a civic, sorry! They’re getting very very similar.

DJ Commie
Feb 29, 2004

Stupid drivers always breaking car, Gronk fix car...

chrisgt posted:

Early subaru impreza wagons have a rear washer fluid tank, my 84 mercedes 300td has a rear tank for washer fluid. It's not that uncommon.

My 78 Subaru Wagon had a washer bag in the back. Still worked, too!

KakerMix
Apr 8, 2004

8.2 M.P.G.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")

'14 fiesta st with no modifications that I can find beyond the sorely needed tint. It's good to be back in this decade. It's never going to look this good again, it has to live under a pine tree.

Things I'm going to do to it:

-

Things I'm going to do in it:

Hoon

E: ziptied front plate gently caress you Virginia, thank you dealer for not drilling into my bumper

SeaGoatSupreme fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Mar 15, 2018

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

SeaGoatSupreme posted:

E: ziptied front plate gently caress you Virginia, thank you dealer for not drilling into my bumper

I'm just over the border in MD so I got the permanent front plates, but I just picked this up on Saturday and already got the windows tinted.

I feel like every photo I take of this thing is a different shade of yellow.

Dennis McClaren
Mar 28, 2007

"Hey, don't put capture a guy!"
...Well I've got to put something!
Looks like the same shade of yellow as my first car - 2001 Mustang GT.
Girls loved that color on my car. You should be good!
Looks sick.

Tamir Lenk
Nov 25, 2009

Not a new ride, but a nice pic of MY MINI COOPER from a show last June.

:frogc00l:

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

davebo posted:

I'm just over the border in MD so I got the permanent front plates, but I just picked this up on Saturday and already got the windows tinted.

Sweet! How is it? Reviews have been very positive. I'd like one, but it's just not in the budget right now.

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

davebo posted:

Yellow is one of those colors that you just can't take consistent pictures of. Reds seem to be the same way.

Looks good!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Darchangel posted:

Sweet! How is it? Reviews have been very positive. I'd like one, but it's just not in the budget right now.

Well I can't say I've driven it very much yet. I think it had 30 miles on it when I parked it just now, but it's great. I got to attend one of the Kia Stinger Experience Tour events where they set up an autocross course at FedEx Field parking lot outside D.C., so I got to thrash around an Audi then drive the Stinger, then ride in the Stinger while a professional driver did the course. I couldn't believe how well it accelerated and handled for something so heavy. Visibility out the rear is garbage compared to my Optima, as is gas mileage, but everything else is fantastic. A++ would recommend.

*aside from the lovely microsoft UVO system which still won't play mp3's on a usb drive in proper order either by filename or track number in the id3 tag, but instead relies solely on the track title tag.