Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

How many of the 'bots' are actually bots and how many of them are humans?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Namnesor
Jun 29, 2005

Dante's allowance - $100

vOv posted:

How many of the 'bots' are actually bots and how many of them are humans?

I just assume anyone performing poorly is a bot because I don't think I can take the mental destruction that comes with thinking of these idiots as humans.

Smith Comma John
Nov 21, 2007

Human being for president.
I taught someone how to press Chaos Thrust today (he was a lvl 64 drg)

At least you can tell when people don't use dots!

Bolow
Feb 27, 2007

Smith Comma John posted:

I taught someone how to press Chaos Thrust today (he was a lvl 64 drg)

At least you can tell when people don't use dots!

I had a DRG in my Hell's Lid that didn't use any aoe abilities except Dragonfire Dive. In fact they didn't use a single Geirskogul the entire time :v:

Also I've spent the better part of my free time today trying to figure out something to wear with this bow and I haven't a loving clue. How can one of the most gorgeous Bard weapons in the game just not work with anything :psyduck:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Bolow posted:

I had a DRG in my Hell's Lid that didn't use any aoe abilities except Dragonfire Dive. In fact they didn't use a single Geirskogul the entire time :v:

I'll confess that this was sometimes me on lazy days in heavensward, when Geirskogul was an ability you had to put a little thought into if you didn't want to tank your dps by mistake but now, there's no reason for that kind of behavior :colbert:

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Bolow posted:

Also I've spent the better part of my free time today trying to figure out something to wear with this bow and I haven't a loving clue. How can one of the most gorgeous Bard weapons in the game just not work with anything :psyduck:

I don't know what the model looks like but the icon makes it look very tech-y. Try Ironworks, or maybe the Company Tabard?

vOv fucked around with this message at 02:52 on Mar 7, 2018

a crisp refreshing Moxie
May 2, 2007

I had a level 38 lancer today in Cutter's Cry who had four 30+ classes but no jobs unlocked. When I took a beat to ask him if he knew about job crystals, he told me he had no idea what those were.

Turns out the job quests have a MSQ prerequisite (that you hit around level 20 or so), but this guy had been enjoying dungeons and sidequests so much he just straight up hadn't gotten around to it. :psyduck:

Good for him.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

I had a level 38 lancer today in Cutter's Cry who had four 30+ classes but no jobs unlocked. When I took a beat to ask him if he knew about job crystals, he told me he had no idea what those were.

Turns out the job quests have an MSQ prerequisite (that you hit around level 20 or so), but this guy had been enjoying dungeons and sidequests so much he just straight up hadn't gotten around to it. :psyduck:

Good for him.

Thats...That's the first good excuse I've heard for not having job crystals and it's really kind of cool he enjoys the dungeons so much.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!

Leofish posted:

The changes to triple triad NPCs in 4.2 has been a blessing and a curse. I love that I know who everyone is and whether they have cards to give, but I hate knowing that they have cards to give that I can't get because gently caress you Vorsaile Heuloix, just drop the loving Kan-E card already. I can reliably beat you every time with 5 Garleans thanks to Ascension so just hand it over, already.

You missed the era of the goddamn 6 minutes Swift windows for the loving Raubahn card.

Triple Triad is now infinitely better than it used to be with this NPC change. Currently sitting at 194/220 cards. All 26 remaining cards are from dungeons/raids. :negative:

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Thats...That's the first good excuse I've heard for not having job crystals and it's really kind of cool he enjoys the dungeons so much.
Yeah, really. Especially considering Square went and removed the multi-class requirements for Jobs in Stormblood so you think they'd have gone and removed the other hurdles too. :psyduck:

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Alright I have another stupid bard question.

In a 2 or 3 mob pull, after I've finished putting up my dots and started all my other plates-a-spinning, should I be using heavy shot or quick nock as my filler?

Math seems to indicate that quick nock is the better choice, because even when you factor in the chance for straighter shot to proc, hitting two mobs every time for 220 potency (or 3 for 330) is more dps (unless refulgent arrow changes this math, but I haven't hit 70 yet).

Am I missing something or should I be using my aoe move as filler on small pulls? Feels wrong, fundamentally, but numbers don't lie I guess.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

vOv posted:

I don't know what the model looks like but the icon makes it look very tech-y. Try Ironworks, or maybe the Company Tabard?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwRpJNqWF9Q&t=191s

Gally
May 31, 2001

Come on!

a crisp refreshing Moxie posted:

Oh, not in Legacy, no, it's a Standard control expression.

theres really no reason not to use legacy now that I can auto shoot arrows out of my rear end as I run, I encourage people to try it out. And this is coming from somebody who played wow for YEARS.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
How to be that guy, the MSQ indicator on my screen is taunting me every minute I play the game.

I got to a point in the MSQ where I have to clear Qarn, and I also had a blue sidequest that required me to clear Qarn (Hard). I cleared Hard mode first and learned it didn't count towards the MSQ, so I had to queue all over again. Also I forgot about the Doom mechanic and almost wiped to the first boss. The SAM in the party was passive-aggressively spamming angry emotes on me and the WHM (who died on the first and second bosses). Bleh.

I also did the Hildibrand questline after finally completing the FATE, it's so much fun. Based on that one cutscene, does it lead into Gilgamesh?

EponymousMrYar
Jan 4, 2015

The enemy of my enemy is my enemy.

Ainsley McTree posted:

Alright I have another stupid bard question.

In a 2 or 3 mob pull, after I've finished putting up my dots and started all my other plates-a-spinning, should I be using heavy shot or quick nock as my filler?

Math seems to indicate that quick nock is the better choice, because even when you factor in the chance for straighter shot to proc, hitting two mobs every time for 220 potency (or 3 for 330) is more dps (unless refulgent arrow changes this math, but I haven't hit 70 yet).

Am I missing something or should I be using my aoe move as filler on small pulls? Feels wrong, fundamentally, but numbers don't lie I guess.

3+ mobs is quick nock territory. Don't forget to factor in your TP. On 2 targets the added damage isn't worth the extra TP cost because then you're not going to have that TP for when the tank pulls 5-6 mobs and you'd be doing 550/660 potency of damage per nock.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Schneider Heim posted:

How to be that guy, the MSQ indicator on my screen is taunting me every minute I play the game.

IIRC you can turn it off somewhere if it's legitimately bothering you? The people I really don't understand are the people that don't check the 'hide this if I'm all caught up' option so they just have a thing constantly telling them they don't have any more quests.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)

vOv posted:

IIRC you can turn it off somewhere if it's legitimately bothering you? The people I really don't understand are the people that don't check the 'hide this if I'm all caught up' option so they just have a thing constantly telling them they don't have any more quests.

No it's fine, otherwise I'll never get to do it. It's kind of a love-hate relationship? The road to Heavensward is just so long...

My plan is to power through them (using the instanced ones as checkpoints) over the course of the month.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Schneider Heim posted:

Based on that one cutscene, does it lead into Gilgamesh?

I'm not sure who that is, but there's a cool guy named Greg who shows up.

DoubleNegative
Jan 27, 2010

The most virtuous child in the entire world.

Schneider Heim posted:

No it's fine, otherwise I'll never get to do it. It's kind of a love-hate relationship? The road to Heavensward is just so long...

My plan is to power through them (using the instanced ones as checkpoints) over the course of the month.

The road to HW is not as bad as it seems. The thought of doing the 100 quests is much worse than actually doing them. And once the story really gets going, you'll be there in no time at all.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

DoubleNegative posted:

The road to HW is not as bad as it seems. The thought of doing the 100 quests is much worse than actually doing them. And once the story really gets going, you'll be there in no time at all.
Yeah, I did them in like four days and didn't feel particularly rushed. The majority of them are cutscenes, not like, gameplay challenge.

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Some of the thing you can do with Reshade are neat:

Some of them are just a bad idea:

Cephas
May 11, 2009

Humanity's real enemy is me!
Hya hya foowah!

Winces, putting hand to side of head, as music begins to play

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

vOv posted:

Some of the thing you can do with Reshade are neat:

Some of them are just a bad idea:

Leave Sora alone, you monster

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

SonicRulez posted:

Leave Sora alone, you monster

I... don't get it.

SwissArmyDruid
Feb 14, 2014

by sebmojo

[Retrowave intensifies]

Chucat
Apr 14, 2006

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Not if people forget mechanics! Ramuh, Leviathan, and Ifrit EX, anyone?

It's not even doing mechanics, it's just sitting around for 3+ minutes waiting for the add phase to happen otherwise Ifrit will chaincast Hellfires while invincible until we all just get bored and die.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

I have ascended, I just realised you can set “select alliance X member Y” to a button press and now I never need to click on anything ever again

vOv
Feb 8, 2014

Chucat posted:

It's not even doing mechanics, it's just sitting around for 3+ minutes waiting for the add phase to happen otherwise Ifrit will chaincast Hellfires while invincible until we all just get bored and die.

I do like that a WHM could solo Twintania in like 3.55 just by letting her enrage and then healing through it. Probably doable by any healer job now.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

Chucat posted:

It's not even worth doing the two higher HP tiers of nails. Just heal up afterwards. The lowest one you definitely need to be prepared to just do. It's possible to kill Ifrit without the lowest tier nails, but you have to kill him during an ability cast.

Leviathan can just be powered through these days if people are sufficiently equipped and are topped off for Tidal Waves, no tricks like Mage's Troubadour to cross HP thresholds required anymore.

Skaw fucked around with this message at 10:16 on Mar 7, 2018

I am hella PEEVED
Oct 25, 2007

Welcome to Earth.

Talking about (well kinda) mods:

:nws: Want to play an Au'ra or Catperson but hate tails? NexusMods has you covered! :nws: I don't think there's anything NWS on this specific page, but its NexusMods, so if you are logged in and click basically any other page, you are gonna find some naked ladies.

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Won't that kind of poo poo get you banned though?

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

Truga posted:

Won't that kind of poo poo get you banned though?
In principle maybe, but I think they would have no way to really notice since I think this messes with your textures on your client's side. You wouldn't have any gameplay advantage from not seeing catgirl/dragongirl tails.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
Strictly speaking, I think it edits the applicable SQpack files, rather than being a live texture replacement.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Mordiceius posted:

You missed the era of the goddamn 6 minutes Swift windows for the loving Raubahn card.

Triple Triad is now infinitely better than it used to be with this NPC change. Currently sitting at 194/220 cards. All 26 remaining cards are from dungeons/raids. :negative:

Oh, I remember those days, and even the ones where some NPCs would have that rule that pulled from your entire card list so you'd have to try and win against their four 5-star cards with a smattering of 1- and 2-stars you'd normally never use.

I was just able to ignore those NPCs most of the time because I wasn't always actively trying to get the cards, especially after I hit 90.

Now, they're just all up in my face taunting me.

Exmond
May 31, 2007

Writing is fun!

DoubleNegative posted:

The Aplhinauts payoff is great

Watching his smugness cause his downfall is great

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

I am hella PEEVED posted:

Talking about (well kinda) mods:

:nws: Want to play an Au'ra or Catperson but hate tails? NexusMods has you covered! :nws: I don't think there's anything NWS on this specific page, but its NexusMods, so if you are logged in and click basically any other page, you are gonna find some naked ladies.

I'll be damned, nexus has a mod for male nipples and better abs.

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

vOv posted:

I do like that a WHM could solo Twintania in like 3.55 just by letting her enrage and then healing through it. Probably doable by any healer job now.
Along those lines, it's pretty easy for any reasonably geared level 70 class to solo Garuda Extreme unsynced now, which makes getting Nightmare drastically easier. Getting groups together to farm something that probably drops like 2% of the time or less is awful, but today I spent like 90 minutes punching a bird lady and got the mount nice and easy.

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

As a i340ish PLD I've been able to solo everything but Levi, although I haven't tried Ramuh yet. May have to try that tonight.

Edit: \/ Have to try that too

Rap Game Goku fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 7, 2018

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Wacky Delly posted:

As a i340ish PLD I've been able to solo everything but Levi, although I haven't tried Ramuh yet. May have to try that tonight.

You should be able to solo levi without trouble as well. He’s one of the easiest to solo as PLD.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

Leviathan's been soloable since 60, at least as a warrior. Haven't tried Ramuh. Soloed T11 for tails the other day - save inner release to burn down the cube add and try not to die to the In the Headlights whatsit.