Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

It doesn't help that someone at Bluehole China was leaking code to the cheat makers. That probably makes it especially hard to stop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao

VulgarandStupid posted:

It doesn't help that someone at Bluehole China was leaking code to the cheat makers. That probably makes it especially hard to stop.

Well if they didn't it'd be a lot harder to make the cheats...

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Cars-Only in FPP is, uh...

Cars-Only is TPP-Only.

TPP 4 Lyfe

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

If you solo-queue in squads do you get x4 times the points, regular single-player points, or normal points as if you were part of a squad?

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

very stable genius posted:

The only parts of Miramar that are decent: the cities, the red mountain areas in the south, and the two islands in the south. The vast majority of the map is bad and I’ve been saying that since it was released and everyone liked it. Now everyone is flip flopping and hates the map.

I told you so.

its grown on me quite a bit over time

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

It's super dumb, but I can't stop myself. This is just kind of how I do things.

Accretionist posted:

Cars-Only in FPP is, uh...

Cars-Only is TPP-Only.

TPP 4 Lyfe

Are you kidding? In FPP they can't ever see you coming, and if they see one, they definitely won't see the others.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Rex-Goliath posted:

If you solo-queue in squads do you get x4 times the points, regular single-player points, or normal points as if you were part of a squad?

Normal amount of points

PIZZA.BAT
Nov 12, 2016

:cheers:

Zipperelli. posted:

Normal amount of points

that’s mega lame wtf

fargom
Mar 21, 2007
However you do get 4x the salty buttholes who are angry enough to yell in all voice chat when I blast a fool coming into my house. Yeah sorry for "camping" aka just closing the outer doors to the compound and murdering the first idiot who comes in alone without his gun up.

Solo vs Squads is awesome though, who cares about the points.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

fargom posted:

who cares about the points.

It took 86 pages, but finally, someone I agree with.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

OatBoy posted:

Yeah I give Erangel the edge on its diversity of viable drops and midgame, but I just hate those final circles that are flat fields with trees and whoever is forced to move is probably dead. The terrain of Miramar makes the last 4-5 people a fun positioning and angle game.

"fun"

Give me Erangel where there's cover (trees, rocks) in at least some of the map.

Hulebr00670065006e
Apr 20, 2010

WhatEvil posted:

"fun"

Give me Erangel where there's cover (trees, rocks) in at least some of the map.

You don't really use trees and rocks for cover in Miramar you used the terrain and honestly there is a lot more cover and ways to relocated while in cover in Miramar compared to Erangel. Don't play Miramar like Erangel. Also people complaining about loot in Miramar must be doing it wrong. I'm generally faster kitted in Miramar with more good locations to drop for said loot. You just gotta be targeted in you looting and focus on the good buildings. If you only loot lovely apartments of course you will have crap to show for it. There is a crazy difference in loot quality between the different the buildings in Miramar.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i hate the tree sniping game and much prefer the moving around in terrain of miramar. i find it a lot easier to flank with it.

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

WhatEvil posted:

Looting in Miramar is rear end

I'm not sure I agree. Yes I think the average level of loot is lower in most buildings, but there are enough of the high-loot buildings to go around, in my opinion.

My loot ninja pro-tip is the L in Los Leones. It's been mentioned in this thread before: the building type circled in red normally has enough stuff in it to let you take on another player after looting just one building pair (the unfinished concrete two-story and the roofless construction).
I've come out of that two-story with an AR, a vest and a L2 helmet most of the times I've dropped there. If not, I at least have an SMG and a shotty.

You usually get a few other players who drop in the area, for good reason.

This crop of the map has no less than seven of those buildings so you have options. You also find them in some other towns and some stand-alone compounds. Great starting places.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Yeah I'm aware of the Los Leones loot run with the "Level 3 buildings" as we call them. Didn't they just nerf the loot in those though?

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

WhatEvil posted:

Yeah I'm aware of the Los Leones loot run with the "Level 3 buildings" as we call them. Didn't they just nerf the loot in those though?

I didn't notice a nerf. When would that have been?

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Couple of weeks ago?

The loot seemed worse but TBH it's from a small sample size of a few games.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I'm not convinced there is any different "levels" of loot pile. Like anything could be anywhere.

Also, slap a bunch of giant cactuses on the desert map and boom you have your trees.

Zipperelli. posted:

It took 86 pages, but finally, someone I agree with.

The only thing points are good for is making my money back from buying the game. Bought it maybe a month ago and I've got probably 1/3 of it back.

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

Zipperelli. posted:

Normal amount of points

I dunno, the 1vsquad I won I got a full squads worth of points. But that was pre 1.0 so who knows.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

drunken officeparty posted:

I'm not convinced there is any different "levels" of loot pile. Like anything could be anywhere.

I do think some buildings have higher average quality, but even if you don't the fact is some buildings have more potential spawn points and/or can be looted faster than others. Double concrete buildings are definitely top tier.

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Elman posted:

I do think some buildings have higher average quality, but even if you don't the fact is some buildings have more potential spawn points and/or can be looted faster than others. Double concrete buildings are definitely top tier.

Yeah I'm sure this is correct. Like I said though I thought they were nerfed from what they used to be but I could be wrong.

WeedlordGoku69
Feb 12, 2015

by Cyrano4747
the lever action rifles on Miramar are fun as gently caress honestly

there should be an old west gimmick mode for Miramar: no armor and a restricted weapon list with lever-actions, the sawed-off shotgun, and the 1895 revolver (maybe reskin frag grenades to dynamite for it)

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?
I think the thread agrees we want more game modes in general. Wild West is one of them. What to do about the vehicles though? Miramar would be completely unplayable without vehicles. Replace the Broncos with actual broncos? Yeah maybe not.

Edit: Oh, here's a wild idea - Add railroads to Miramar and make a train depart towards the circle center just before the circle starts closing, and let people duke it out on the train, robbery-style...

Seriously though, just leaving vehicles as they are and doing the restrictions you mentioned could still be a lot of fun for skilled players! Would probably devolve into car-only mayhem on lower ranks though, because most people can't hit poo poo with the Winchester...

Hippie Hedgehog fucked around with this message at 15:19 on Mar 7, 2018

WhatEvil
Jun 6, 2004

Can't get no luck.

Yeah but you can't loving run people over on Miramar either because you're much more likely to fly over them instead after hitting a small bump. Another reason it sucks.

WhatEvil fucked around with this message at 15:27 on Mar 7, 2018

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Hippie Hedgehog posted:

Edit: Oh, here's a wild idea - Add railroads to Miramar and make a train depart towards the circle center just before the circle starts closing, and let people duke it out on the train, robbery-style...

i want this so bad.

wolrah
May 8, 2006
what?
I don't think I've seen these posted, seems like the hackers have some fun new toys.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TisaUVZ1c94

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrBkYCy7yGo

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

that owns a lot.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

LORD OF BOOTY posted:

the lever action rifles on Miramar are fun as gently caress honestly

there should be an old west gimmick mode for Miramar: no armor and a restricted weapon list with lever-actions, the sawed-off shotgun, and the 1895 revolver (maybe reskin frag grenades to dynamite for it)

i have good news for you regarding red dead redemption 2

Riot Carol Danvers
Jul 30, 2004

wolrah posted:

I don't think I've seen these posted, seems like the hackers have some fun new toys.

Well then.

Time to hit the ol' dusty trail

Canuckistan
Jan 14, 2004

I'm the greatest thing since World War III.

Soiled Meat

wolrah posted:

Enemy Boat Spotted!

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

Now this is a good hack.

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003
I AM, AND ALWAYS WILL BE, UNFUCKABLE AND A TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT TO EVERYONE. DAE WANNA CUM PLAY WITH ME!?

Mischievous funny hackers are way better than the malicious ones who just kill you across the map. That owns.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

I love how none of the report reasons really apply in this case.

"Welp, guess I can't report him then."

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

Elman posted:

"Welp, guess I can't report him then."

There's already no report category for wallhacks, which is a bit dumb

VulgarandStupid
Aug 5, 2003

The Mash posted:

There's already no report category for wallhacks, which is a bit dumb

Cheating

The Mash
Feb 17, 2007

You have to say I can open my presents

None of the cheating subcategories cover it though. Not that that stops me from reporting them, obviously

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i honestly don't feel bad if people get wrecked by hackers if they're playing tpp.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

Most people struggling to loot on Miramar aren't checking the loving roofs!!! There's a stack of boxes next to almost every single building, and there's poo poo on top of most of them to facilitate a path between rooftops. Clamber on up! It's still extremely common to come into a looted city with untouched rooftops. If you're not doing this you're essentially lowering your odds to find what you want by a significant fraction

Los Higos is stronger than most other cities because the buildings are right on top of one another. It's always better to hit a higher number of spots, but only if you're actually going to check every spawn (like the roofs). There's enough for ~2.5 squads there, and there are ample vehicle/boat spawns. Solo squads and split looters like to drop east closer to the bridge, also keep an eye on Prison as you go down

Elman posted:

:eng101: You don't actually need to select one of those to make a successful report, they call it out as optional in the patch notes when it was released.

I'd probably still pick "player is moving faster than usual" or w/e the bottom one is

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

Lmabo if you think reporting actually does anything at all

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Count Bleck
Apr 5, 2010

DISPEL MAGIC!

I figured you guys might appreciate this.