Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

What’s the best melee weapon for Fire Grandma? I have had decent luck with the dagger on Pyromancer cause of the crit boost

Also glad to see my favorite rats are still in game; the ones who will press themselves up against a wall and not do anything until other rats jump in first

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Is it also safe to assume we’ll see a progression wipe before it goes live?

Probably not, only if something explodes.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

I postulate that the ideal party consists of a

FORWARD with a big loving sword or axe to cleave stunned fuckers
BLOCKER to stun fuckers, as many as possible
STRIKER, who should be protected so they can kill obnoxious specials quickly, and
HALFBACK, who primarily stops fuckers from stabbing the first 3 teammates in the back.

If any of these 4 elements is missing, you are going to have a hard time with something or other.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Dr. VooDoo posted:

What’s the best melee weapon for Fire Grandma? I have had decent luck with the dagger on Pyromancer cause of the crit boost

Also glad to see my favorite rats are still in game; the ones who will press themselves up against a wall and not do anything until other rats jump in first

dagger is my personal pick so far too. it's a flaming sword with marginally less targets hit but substantially higher damage/attack speed. i heard it was pretty weak in vermintide 1 but i didn't try that one. flaming sword is ok for crowd control and technically the damage over time will hit things even in full armor, but kind of crummy damage output. longsword is better damage (and the 3rd hit overhand in the light attack combo has armor pierce i think?) but can't push back crowds as well as either the dagger or the flaming sword. haven't really tried the two handed mace.

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Ignite Memories posted:

STRIKER, who should be protected so they can kill obnoxious specials quickly, and
HALFBACK, who primarily stops fuckers from stabbing the first 3 teammates in the back.

If any of these 4 elements is missing, you are going to have a hard time with something or other.

i dont understand sports ball references

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

Ignite Memories posted:

personally you can't go wrong with 11 linemen and 5 rerolls

Banano
Jan 10, 2005
Soiled Meat

Dr. VooDoo posted:

mace. explode heads, thunk through armour and send crowds of potato men flying

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
someone mentioned a dwarf rifle that pierced armor before. is that the grudgeraker, or something else?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

someone mentioned a dwarf rifle that pierced armor before. is that the grudgeraker, or something else?

it's called a handgun. the grudgerakers a shotgun, although it'll still do ok damage (maybe better than the handgun?) if you hit armored shlubs in the head with it up close

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Grudgeraker plus Ranger's invisibility is also great: it makes all your shots armor-piercing and crits as long as you stay in the smoke. It's like an actually-balanced version of Huntsman's active.

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Just unlocked Bounty Hunter and got a look at the tree, and let me get this straight.

You have a skill with *guaranteed ranged crits* every eight seconds *or on melee kill* where a *eight shot repeater burst* counts as one and at level 15 you get a skill to make that eight shot burst consume no ammo, so you get a free death cannon any time you smack a slaverat.

Who the gently caress designed this guy

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

toasterwarrior posted:

Grudgeraker plus Ranger's invisibility is also great: it makes all your shots armor-piercing and crits as long as you stay in the smoke. It's like an actually-balanced version of Huntsman's active.

it WHAAAAAA??

Orv
May 4, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Just unlocked Bounty Hunter and got a look at the tree, and let me get this straight.

You have a skill with *guaranteed ranged crits* every eight seconds *or on melee kill* where a *eight shot repeater burst* counts as one and at level 15 you get a skill to make that eight shot burst consume no ammo, so you get a free death cannon any time you smack a slaverat.

Yes. Also with the rapier, the pistol shot applies, consumes and then reapplies the crit buff with each shot.

poo poo's retarded yo.

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

it seems like it's supposed to be "on melee kill with a cooldown of 8 seconds" albeit that would only be marginally less broken

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

Yeah, I wasn't so hot on Ranger until someone in the thread said that the smokebomb buffs your damage, and I went and tested it one day. No faster reloads, melee crits, or unlimited ammo like Huntsman, but it's still a good and actually balanced ability. Good for revives or clearing out a swarm + armored dudes if you're in a good position. IMO could stand to have a bit faster cooldown, but then again Ranger's talents are fantastic for the group as a whole.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Orv posted:

Yes. Also with the rapier, the pistol shot applies, consumes and then reapplies the crit buff with each shot.

poo poo's retarded yo.

Waywatcher is dead to me, long live Bounty Hunter.

Orv
May 4, 2011
Do note that with the massive rapier pistol shot nerf it's basically only good for having a free strength potion whenever you want it, the pistol shot itself still does dick all.

LuiCypher
Apr 24, 2010

Today I'm... amped up!

Ignite Memories posted:

I dunno, if anything Lunethex proved that there's a viable spot for LIVING BOMB, who kills every single piece of chaff on the map so that the rest of the group can focus on specials.

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
420 melee kills w/ Dual Dagger Shade.

Kills rats/bad mans erryday.

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I mean yeah, it's wonky because of the way the repeater and the volley interact with it. As a gameplay thing it's neat because it encourages constantly switching back and forth between melee and ranged. Later you get a talent where your auto-crit costs no ammo, and if you get an orange weapon with the right trait, you can recover 5% of your cooldown every time you crit. I hope that doesn't go away because as a gameplay loop it's unique and cool.

Now if they wanted to nerf how it interacts with bosses I would not be sad.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

LuiCypher posted:

I dunno, if anything Lunethex proved that there's a viable spot for LIVING BOMB, who kills every single piece of chaff on the map so that the rest of the group can focus on specials.

If lune is on your team it's something of a struggle to participate at all tbh

jubelio
Dec 10, 2003
if you can balance a tac-hammer on your head, you can head off your opponent with a balanced attack

Ignite Memories posted:

you only need a halfback if the bocker is bad and a forward if the striker is bad so its just blocker and striker really unless you are bad at game.

Estranged On The Range
Oct 18, 2015
I was hesitant to get this cause I got no friends and playing with pubs can be a nightmare, but it's not as bad as I feared.

I love the dwarves on the tabletop so had to pick him and im loving all his classes so far.

Having a lot of fun playing ironbreaker, knocking down and burning everything in my path like a sentient battle tank.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Estranged On The Range posted:

I was hesitant to get this cause I got no friends and playing with pubs can be a nightmare, but it's not as bad as I feared.

I love the dwarves on the tabletop so had to pick him and im loving all his classes so far.

Having a lot of fun playing ironbreaker, knocking down and burning everything in my path like a sentient battle tank.

Play with Goons. Every single game I've played with Goons was enjoyable.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

urgh, last match reminded me why I hate pubs. I haven't played Sienna for long and am still getting the feel for her, so rather than, y'know, offer suggestions or employ the strange and alien concept of teamwork, this dipshit just kept mewling insults at me over VOIP, mostly consisting of the word retard. My final words (after several extremely sweary ones) were a recommendation to expand his vocabulary because retard wasn't the only word out there, called him a millennial catamite, then dropped.

This loving skriking little bitch mentality really sets me off. I've always been helpful, when I can tell someone's new to a particular feature, character, map, whatever, I'll offer advice, show them stuff, etc.

Plus there are few things as grating as a nasal, entitled-rear end sounding East Coast voice that sounds like it belongs on lovely youtube videos of spoopy stories and weird facts.

:stare:

wow, I haven't got piqued by someone like this in as long as I can remember. Usually pubby bluster just makes me laugh directly at them to make them even madder. Maybe I'm cranky because I"m knackered.

Sorry for ranting.

edit: ^^^^ best potential response before the post I've seen in ages. haha

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Anyone else find that there's an insane amount of healing items in the Grain level, but the opposite is true in the city level (ussein?)

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/warhammer-vermintide-2?aff_track=CJ

Alabama’s finest, verminROLLTIDEROLL launches tomorrow. And the cheapest you are going to get it for is the link above.

That’s $22.50. For a brand new game. That will own. And on day one, it’s going to be slammed with goons playing.

Play this while the getting is good.

Quote the skaven, nevermore.

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Anyone else find that there's an insane amount of healing items in the Grain level, but the opposite is true in the city level (ussein?)

Ussingen's pretty harsh with guaranteed supplies, I find. A lot of randomization for that level. I'm pretty sure I've barely seen ammo boxes in it too.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Yeah Ussingen is an ammo-sparse environment

Jimbot
Jul 22, 2008

I wish people would stop fighting bosses 10 feet from the shadowgate in the town level. Just run. Ten times out of ten it kills everyone and it's a waste of time.

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Hexenritter posted:

urgh, last match reminded me why I hate pubs. I haven't played Sienna for long and am still getting the feel for her, so rather than, y'know, offer suggestions or employ the strange and alien concept of teamwork, this dipshit just kept mewling insults at me over VOIP, mostly consisting of the word retard. My final words (after several extremely sweary ones) were a recommendation to expand his vocabulary because retard wasn't the only word out there, called him a millennial catamite, then dropped.

This loving skriking little bitch mentality really sets me off. I've always been helpful, when I can tell someone's new to a particular feature, character, map, whatever, I'll offer advice, show them stuff, etc.

Plus there are few things as grating as a nasal, entitled-rear end sounding East Coast voice that sounds like it belongs on lovely youtube videos of spoopy stories and weird facts.

:stare:

wow, I haven't got piqued by someone like this in as long as I can remember. Usually pubby bluster just makes me laugh directly at them to make them even madder. Maybe I'm cranky because I"m knackered.

Sorry for ranting.

edit: ^^^^ best potential response before the post I've seen in ages. haha

You know there's a mute button right? Like, it takes 3 seconds to just mute everyone and keep going. Also lol at using "east coast" and "millenial" as insults

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

The Gate posted:

You know there's a mute button right? Like, it takes 3 seconds to just mute everyone and keep going. Also lol at using "east coast" and "millenial" as insults

:emptyquote:

ICR
Dec 31, 2008

I knew this game was missing a character. Sure we got the dwarf and the elf. But we are missing the millennial.

I’ll give Fatshark a call.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

jubelio posted:

you only need a halfback if the bocker is bad and a forward if the striker is bad so its just blocker and striker really unless you are bad at game.

spicy take, glad to hear you're doing well

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

The Gate posted:

Of course I know there's a mute button, but I've had some genuinely good games with people who aren't shitlords and who can communicate so I'm not one to just automute everyone because of the occasional lovely pub.

Also, I was using those particular terms in my post there more to create a simple, easy archetype to identify the guy by. If you're an east coast millennial I don't automatically hate you, so don't worry.

edit: oh gently caress you all lol

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Mar 7, 2018

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011

SUN GOD AVATAR posted:

I knew this game was missing a character. Sure we got the dwarf and the elf. But we are missing the millennial.

I’ll give Fatshark a call.

I am glad someone else made the exodus from d2

Estranged On The Range
Oct 18, 2015

Internet Explorer posted:

Play with Goons. Every single game I've played with Goons was enjoyable.

I joined the goonintide steam group so maybe i'll get lucky and find someone who wants to roll with a dwarf

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
also is there a cap on block/push angle?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Estranged On The Range posted:

I joined the goonintide steam group so maybe i'll get lucky and find someone who wants to roll with a dwarf

I've been mainlining dwarf (:heysexy:) and telling everyone who will listen that I'm new and terrible and I haven't had anyone complain at me so far.

• Locked thread