Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
al-azad
May 28, 2009

I can't believe how upset I am about Cindy. Why couldn't it be Cidney or Sidney which are real names and match the fact that she's female Cid. This dumb detail is emblematic of my feelings for this game, that it nails the big picture but all the small details don't hold up under scrutiny. Maybe that's the downfall of all Final Fantasy games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

al-azad posted:

I can't believe how upset I am about Cindy. Why couldn't it be Cidney or Sidney which are real names and match the fact that she's female Cid. This dumb detail is emblematic of my feelings for this game, that it nails the big picture but all the small details don't hold up under scrutiny. Maybe that's the downfall of all Final Fantasy games.

She is Cidney in Japan. Baka Gaijins wouldn't get it so they changed it for you.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Saint Freak posted:

She is Cidney in Japan. Baka Gaijins wouldn't get it so they changed it for you.

No loving way, that makes me even more upset because that name is as Anglo-Saxon as a name can get god drat.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Endorph posted:

if you were doing a book about anime a to ____ why would you stop at p. i mean i guess all the q anime i can think of are fanservice crap but shes talking about overfiend so clearly that isnt a barrier to entry.

Maybe it's just volume one

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

al-azad posted:

No loving way, that makes me even more upset because that name is as Anglo-Saxon as a name can get god drat.

It's absolutely stupid and my least favorite thing about FFXV.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

al-azad posted:

Shidonī Ōrumu

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Cidnerella

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

She will change her name to Cidney in 15-2, when she goes on a road trip with Iris and Aranaea.

Please make that game, Square.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Mar 7, 2018

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Actually it's pronounced, SEEN-dee.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
I hate it when my partner gets turned into a pile of jelly.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

street fighter 2010 would be awesome if it didn't loving suck

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
But what about Ryu?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

It's just like that creepy scene in antman

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
RIP troy. pouring one out for troy.

also if the worst thing about FF15 is that someone is named Cindy, then im ready to play this video game

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

My fav boy is ignis what about you guys

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Expect My Mom posted:

RIP troy. pouring one out for troy.

also if the worst thing about FF15 is that someone is named Cindy, then im ready to play this video game

Well, the boys' default outfits are kinda dumb except for Ignis, but you can change that immediately.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

This suddenly reminded me of Last Battle, the Megadrive Fist of the Northstar game that had the FotNS stuff removed for the western release.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Gonna play as Gordon Freeman and pretend it's Half Life 3

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
i like noctis cause being a sleepy goth is a big mood, but ignis seems very good.

i like the gif of gladious doing one handed push-ups with ignis sitting on his back, reading so this game already seems very good

chumbler posted:

Well, the boys' default outfits are kinda dumb except for Ignis, but you can change that immediately.
whoa

no one told me this was fashion fantasy......

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

The annoying thing is that clothes have stats so I couldn't just wear what I wanted.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Sakurazuka posted:

The annoying thing is that clothes have stats so I couldn't just wear what I wanted.

I just wore what I wanted

suuma
Apr 2, 2009
Ignis is the best boy.

Noctis is whiny and bad.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Ignis is supposed to be named Ingis

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Ignis Stupeo Scientia

tap my mountain
Jan 1, 2009

I'm the quick and the deadly

The Colonel posted:

street fighter 2010 would be awesome if it didn't loving suck

That was one of my favorite NES games when I was a kid, what's wrong with it? I remember the animations were top notch and the sound effects were pretty good.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord
Gladio is voiced by Junkrat, which just shows the range of that VA. He can do both ironically garbage and actual garbage characters.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Help Im Alive posted:

My fav boy is ignis what about you guys

my spirit animal is noctis

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Expect My Mom posted:

Ignis Stupeo Scientia

the smart guy of the group having the surname "Scientia" is the funniest thing

al-azad
May 28, 2009

suuma posted:

Ignis is the best boy.

Noctis is whiny and bad.

Noctis is cool, he just has the weight of the world on his shoulders and his girlfriend is Mother Teresa and his best friends are only there to keep him from dying so he can fulfill a family lineage of self sacrifice that will probably repeat again except he has no children so the family line kind of dies there and the dude is just 18 and his only hobby is fishing which he's pretty good at.

Noctis and Luke from Tales of the Abyss should start a support group and hang out. They'd probably be close friends.

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Buglord

DLC Inc posted:

the smart guy of the group having the surname "Scientia" is the funniest thing

Funnier than a king named Regis or a body guard named Gladius?

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
FF15's lack of respect for words just owns in general. Naming cities and regions Insomnia and Leide (a german word to feel pain) is stupid and good

suuma
Apr 2, 2009

al-azad posted:

Noctis is cool, he just has the weight of the world on his shoulders and his girlfriend is Mother Teresa and his best friends are only there to keep him from dying so he can fulfill a family lineage of self sacrifice that will probably repeat again except he has no children so the family line kind of dies there and the dude is just 18 and his only hobby is fishing which he's pretty good at.

Noctis and Luke from Tales of the Abyss should start a support group and hang out. They'd probably be close friends.

:siren: (probably contains late-ish FF15 spoilers) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdFLa_6ghlk&t=34s

e: He hasn't even seen his 'girlfriend' in like several years and their relationship has zero weight to it

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Yeah Noctis gets a really raw deal in terms of FF protagonists. poor fucker is destined from the start for misery and has to face it even younger than his other ancestors, then loses 10 years off his life only to pretty much have it come to an end. it's one of the worst endings for any protagonist; even Cloud and Tidus had some kind of closure and managed to live on.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

The name of the city is Insomnia

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

The name of the city is Insomnia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hell,_Michigan

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

suuma posted:

:siren: (probably contains late-ish FF15 spoilers) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdFLa_6ghlk&t=34s

e: He hasn't even seen his 'girlfriend' in like several years and their relationship has zero weight to it

That scene is very much just Gladio being a dick

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Gladio is a good boy who loves Cup Noodle TM.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

What if we scaled it back a bit and made Sid again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

al-azad
May 28, 2009

I'm curious if the Japanese Gladio says "small, just like yours" because drat he is not a cool bro like your other bros.

• Locked thread