Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ICR
Dec 31, 2008

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

I am glad someone else made the exodus from d2

Oh, a ton of us did. Our giant discord has our Vermintide channel too. Loving this game.

Density 2 was a massive letdown. V2>D2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Hexenritter posted:

Of course I know there's a mute button, but I've had some genuinely good games with people who aren't shitlords and who can communicate so I'm not one to just automute everyone because of the occasional lovely pub.

Also, I was using those particular terms in my post there more to create a simple, easy archetype to identify the guy by. If you're an east coast millennial I don't automatically hate you, so don't worry.

edit: oh gently caress you all lol

General rule of thumb is mute 100% of the people you don't know when playing a multiplayer game, and about 85% of the people you know :)

SuperKlaus
Oct 20, 2005

Fun Shoe

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Is it also safe to assume we’ll see a progression wipe before it goes live?

Sergeant Cosgrove, I don't wanna go into the Nurgle tunnels. They smell like poo gas.

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

Orv posted:

Do note that with the massive rapier pistol shot nerf it's basically only good for having a free strength potion whenever you want it, the pistol shot itself still does dick all.

The pistol shot is insanely bad for trying to snipe stuff at range/use like a gun, but it’s actually quite good close up since it appears to do as much/more damage than a charged stab to a decentish range and it’s often easier to bring to bear (i.e. you can use it on shield dudes you staggered with a heavy blow to good effect). I think it’s a valuable part of his move set if you think of it more like a quick pole arm thrust/lunge whose crits you can control.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Stanley Pain posted:

General rule of thumb is mute 100% of the people you don't know when playing a multiplayer game, and about 85% of the people you know :)

Oh yeah don't get me wrong there are plenty of occasions where I've applied a global STFU in whatever game I'm playing. It's one of the fun things I like about Discord. I can just nix game-specific VOIP if I'm squadding up.

That said, next time I fire this up for more than a couple of half-rear end solo Empire in Flames runs for loot to break down for crafting, it'll be all goon, all the time

Hexenritter fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Mar 7, 2018

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Is it also safe to assume we’ll see a progression wipe before it goes live?

They've stated repeatedly that they don't plan to wipe progression from this phase unless something critical broke, and as far as I'm aware there haven't been any world-breaking problems like infinite loot dupe glitches or whatever yet, so I'm pretty sure progression is being kept as of this post.

Zephro
Nov 23, 2000

I suppose I could part with one and still be feared...

Dr. VooDoo posted:

What’s the best melee weapon for Fire Grandma? I have had decent luck with the dagger on Pyromancer cause of the crit boost
Other people have defend the mace and the dagger so I'm gonna make the case for the ordinary sword. It's a nice mix of crowd control and damage. The charged attacks sweep a lotta rats, it's reasonably fast, it does more damage per hit than the fire sword and the third quick attack is a headshot which helps with its weakness against armour. If you're not in a premade group and have to fit in with whatever you find it's a pretty good choice that can cope reasonably well with almost anything (except possibly a bunch of armour, so leave the Stormvermin patrols alone)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

I don't mind most pub VOIPs, but I do wish that every game would have a mic level check built in. Having someone mumbling into a tin can is worse than nothing at all.

LGD posted:

The pistol shot is insanely bad for trying to snipe stuff at range/use like a gun, but it’s actually quite good close up since it appears to do as much/more damage than a charged stab to a decentish range and it’s often easier to bring to bear (i.e. you can use it on shield dudes you staggered with a heavy blow to good effect). I think it’s a valuable part of his move set if you think of it more like a quick pole arm thrust/lunge whose crits you can control.

The crit damage pistol is nice, but i find it's most useful as a free shove imo. You can stagger some pretty big dudes with a shot and open them up for a reliable headshot without having to worry about eating a hit in the meantime.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

VOIP existing is fine

VOIP existing with “always on” as the default is a war crime

lookin’ at you mass effect andromeda

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Digirat posted:

VOIP existing is fine

VOIP existing with “always on” as the default is a war crime

lookin’ at you mass effect andromeda

*Chips crunching* *Incredibly loud typing* *Bong hit* ILL TAKE OUT THE TRASH WHEN IM DONE MOM

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

Clearly having an incomprehensible laptop mike is the correct choice here

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Me llamo Sarah Brandolino, the eighth Castilian of this magnificent marriage.

Ignite Memories posted:

If lune is on your team it's something of a struggle to participate at all tbh

Did we play together recently? The only person I recognized instantly was DeathSandwich and I stumbled into a pub game he was the last dwarf standing the other night.

Estranged On The Range
Oct 18, 2015

Internet Explorer posted:

I've been mainlining dwarf (:heysexy:) and telling everyone who will listen that I'm new and terrible and I haven't had anyone complain at me so far.

I only had one "toxic" experience so far and that was from one who said drakegun had been nerfed and kept whining about it troughout the game.
Not really a bad experience tbh, just weird since we were just playing on veteran :shrug:

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Lunethex posted:

Did we play together recently? The only person I recognized instantly was DeathSandwich and I stumbled into a pub game he was the last dwarf standing the other night.

not this beta, but we've played some VT1. I used to go by Cousin Okri and My Metal Dwarf for a while, now i'm Cousin Ogri

I remember running full speed just trying to keep up with you and you were still murdering everything

toasterwarrior
Nov 11, 2011
Ugh, man, really trying to make this drat flail work. Still got out-everything'd by a 2H hammer Kruber (my fault of course, credit to him), even if I feel like I'm doing clutch saves with quick charges to shore up against horde flanks.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I wonder why they decided the Glaive needed to hit like 6 rats a swing now, while still doing everything it did well before.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
People who just mute others by default in multiplayer games are weird, I've run into maybe one or two assholes out of all the people I've played with so far.

Edit: Anyone know if the base stats of a weapon benefits the other weapon you have equipped? Like, does having +crit on your melee give that benefit to your ranged?

Cowcaster
Aug 7, 2002

if i wanted to talk to random internet strangers i’d be posting on this internet forum, not playing a videogame

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Estranged On The Range posted:

I only had one "toxic" experience so far and that was from one who said drakegun had been nerfed and kept whining about it troughout the game.
Not really a bad experience tbh, just weird since we were just playing on veteran :shrug:

How was it nerfed though it's still pretty good.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Night10194 posted:

I wonder why they decided the Glaive needed to hit like 6 rats a swing now, while still doing everything it did well before.

Well the number of enemies it hits is constantly changing based on your current combination of power level, difficulty, what you’re hitting and other factors like whether it’s currently staggered, so everything is just all over the loving place now

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Lunethex posted:

It used to be bugged where you didn't have to charge it to do a full duration flame, they fixed it with a patch last week.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Lunethex posted:

They fixed a bug with the drake gun and the flamethrower staff where they could always spray for the max possible duration no matter how long you had actually charged them up

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

:reject:

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Hexenritter posted:

Yeah Ussingen is an ammo-sparse environment

Well, of course all the ammo has been stockpiled in the mansion you blow up, so there's none just lying around.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002
Are illusions just not enabled yet or do I not understand what they're supposed to do?

Lunethex
Feb 4, 2013

Some just aren't in yet I would guess.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Kaddish posted:

Are illusions just not enabled yet or do I not understand what they're supposed to do?

Illusions are (were?) broken and not applying properly. They're basically weapon skins that work for each specific weapon type. You extract and apply them with the last two crafting panels.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Is there a bug with BH's crippling strike, or is the tooltip wrong? I was testing it out on a dummy and the tooltip says "Increases the power boost of critical hits by 25%", but crit body shots only go from 1500 to 1525 with my repeater.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
not surprised someone uses the word pubbie and thinks everyone on the internet is bad except for them

Estranged On The Range
Oct 18, 2015
I didn't even know there was a bug, but yeah the drakegun is still good and stops hordes in their track so I dunno

Frustrated
Jun 12, 2003

the alt fire on the drakefire pistols is just broken right? I'm assuming it's supposed to be a shotgun blast but it just does nothing?

Orv
May 4, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Is there a bug with BH's crippling strike, or is the tooltip wrong? I was testing it out on a dummy and the tooltip says "Increases the power boost of critical hits by 25%", but crit body shots only go from 1500 to 1525 with my repeater.

A lot of things don't function properly on training dummies right now, that might be yet another.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Well, 25% is not unlike 25

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Kaddish posted:

they're very subtle.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here
Some are subtle, others are more apparent.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Gamerofthegame posted:

they're very subtle.

Pictured: Subtlety.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Frustrated posted:

the alt fire on the drakefire pistols is just broken right? I'm assuming it's supposed to be a shotgun blast but it just does nothing?

Pretty sure you have to hold right-click to charge and then left-click to fire.

Orv
May 4, 2011

Internet Explorer posted:

Pretty sure you have to hold right-click to charge and then left-click to fire.

Yeah that doesn't do anything. The balls don't actually leave the gun and in fact appear to shoot backwards into your character and subsequently nothingness. They're busted.

Internet Explorer
Jun 1, 2005

Well, that explains why I thought it wasn't very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kaleedity
Feb 27, 2016

the dummies don't suffer from aoe effects and don't trigger most effects

• Locked thread