Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

MALE SHOEGAZE posted:

im at the vet and it’s taking forever and i’m very bored and want to be at work because i have a lot of work to get done

stay safe and also inside of your animal body, animal ghost

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WrenP-Complete
Jul 27, 2012

flakeloaf posted:

stay safe and also inside of your animal body, animal ghost

this made me lol irl.

cjs: first day back at work after medical crisis all cleared (:v:) by doc yesterday. :woop:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

cjs: 219 unread e-mails

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

WrenP-Complete posted:

this made me lol irl.

cjs: first day back at work after medical crisis all cleared (:v:) by doc yesterday. :woop:

yay

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

lol

Farmer Crack-Ass
Jan 2, 2001

this is me posting irl
alls i care to know about hexadecimal is that cartoon chick w/ the masks and the big bangin' titties

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Farmer Crack-rear end posted:

alls i care to know about hexadecimal is that cartoon chick w/ the masks and the big bangin' titties

:confused:

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice

The show's early jokes at the expense of Board of Standards and Practices came from frustration encountered by the show's makers by an abundance of script and editing changes that were imposed upon Mainframe before episodes were allowed to air. These changes were all aimed at making the show "appropriate" for kids, and to prevent even the slightest appearance of "inappropriate" content, imitable violence or sexuality.

The character Dot was considered too sexualized by the BS&P even though she was "never one to expose much cleavage" so the animators were forced to make her breasts less curvy and form them into a lumpy "monobreast", as lightly referred to by the staff. However, starting with season three, the "monobreasts" of all adult female characters were replaced with more anatomically correct versions. In another case, the word "hockey", as well as the sport itself, was cut in some countries as it was supposedly used as a vulgar slang term there. In the episode "Talent Night", one scene of Dot giving her brother Enzo "a sisterly kiss on the chin" was cut due to BS&P's fear of promoting incest, an insinuation which Pearson described as "one of the sickest things I've heard."[14]

In response to the censorship, the series of binary codes seen above Mainframe in one episode encoded a profane insult, according to the Complete Series DVD special features.[citation needed]

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Hexadecimal

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
reboot has not aged well, like most children's shows in all fairness

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
cjs: other peoples code is the worst thing

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Kenny Logins posted:

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.
what?

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Les Lye and Billy Van are national treasures and their work is immortal

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band
https://twitter.com/bencasselman/status/971465177408397313

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Cold on a Cob posted:

The show's early jokes at the expense of Board of Standards and Practices came from frustration encountered by the show's makers by an abundance of script and editing changes that were imposed upon Mainframe before episodes were allowed to air. These changes were all aimed at making the show "appropriate" for kids, and to prevent even the slightest appearance of "inappropriate" content, imitable violence or sexuality.

The character Dot was considered too sexualized by the BS&P even though she was "never one to expose much cleavage" so the animators were forced to make her breasts less curvy and form them into a lumpy "monobreast", as lightly referred to by the staff. However, starting with season three, the "monobreasts" of all adult female characters were replaced with more anatomically correct versions. In another case, the word "hockey", as well as the sport itself, was cut in some countries as it was supposedly used as a vulgar slang term there. In the episode "Talent Night", one scene of Dot giving her brother Enzo "a sisterly kiss on the chin" was cut due to BS&P's fear of promoting incest, an insinuation which Pearson described as "one of the sickest things I've heard."[14]

In response to the censorship, the series of binary codes seen above Mainframe in one episode encoded a profane insult, according to the Complete Series DVD special features.[citation needed]

it took me like three read-throughs before I realized this was about ReBoot and not Animaniacs

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

i dont know

SO DEMANDING
Dec 27, 2003

Kenny Logins posted:

they're making a reboot (hah) of it, some horrible partially live-action teen adventure crap. shovelware in television form.

which is kind of dumb because everyone's really starting to cash in on 90s nostalgia but this thing isn't aimed at manchildren in their 30s so idkwtf.

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

prefect posted:

that thread gets really unpleasant sometimes :(

rick and morty is bad, I wouldn't expect less of this show's thread

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
just like barth

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
rick and morty is actually really good, sorry you're too dumb to understand it's subtle humor

Beast of Bourbon
Sep 25, 2013

Pillbug
https://i.redd.it/xlcg4ee15wpz.jpg

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

bump_fn posted:

just like barth

toe to tip

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
tomorrow js: meetings scheduled for a good six hours. that may sound dumb, but it also means that i wont have to do much actual work tomorrow.

:cheers:

PokeJoe
Aug 24, 2004

hail cgatan

i don't mind lots of meetings if they're actually useful. they never are though.

freeasinbeer
Mar 26, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Pollyanna posted:

now I will suffer no longer

I legit just posted about this, while I was doing it.

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Sniep posted:

i dont know
just realized both reboot and YCDTOTV had a running gag of a crusty chef who yelled what

:aaaaa:

e: wait ycdtotv was "I heard that" but still

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)

we didn't have cable tv when i was a kid, but my grandma did, so i'd watch nickelodeon at her house sometimes. that show offended her immensely.

Cat Face Joe
Feb 20, 2005

goth vegan crossfit mom who vapes

yeah sure lemme just click on a reddit link here

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Kenny Logins posted:

just realized both reboot and YCDTOTV had a running gag of a crusty chef who yelled what

i said, i dont know

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Kenny Logins posted:

running at five decahertz no less why do i remember that detail

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

Sniep posted:

i said, i dont know
let's go with...

:barf:

jony neuemonic
Nov 13, 2009

c gtfo of vancouver s: movers are booked :toot:

Pollyanna
Mar 5, 2005

Milk's on them.

jony neuemonic posted:

c gtfo of vancouver s: movers are booked :toot:

yayyyyyyyyyyyy gently caress that place

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them
https://twitter.com/ByYourLogic/status/971435161484251138

skimothy milkerson
Nov 19, 2006

cls: i only know two things. ruckin; and fuckin'

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

if only, they had cars

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

Skim Milk posted:

cls: i only know two things. ruckin; and fuckin'

ruck if u gently caress

graph
Nov 22, 2006

aaag peanuts

Sniep posted:

i dont know

oooooohhh

rememebr the single episode where it was red

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

that was the shining