Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Gamerofthegame posted:

they're very subtle.

I've gotten maybe 5-6 different weapons with the illusion trait and I can't tell the difference between any of those and the base 5 power weapon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slab Squatthrust
Jun 3, 2008

This is mutiny!

Orv posted:

Yeah that doesn't do anything. The balls don't actually leave the gun and in fact appear to shoot backwards into your character and subsequently nothingness. They're busted.

It staggers and does a little damage for me. Pretty weak though, and short range.

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Kaddish posted:

I've gotten maybe 5-6 different weapons with the illusion trait and I can't tell the difference between any of those and the base 5 power weapon.

I think what's happening is that you're getting a Blue weapon that has the Illusion of a White weapon. So you can make your fancy weapons look less fancy if you want.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Kaddish posted:

As mentioned, some of them are pretty subtle. Might have to make side by side comparisons to see the differences sometimes.

(Also, you can hold Z to inspect your weapon)

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Things could be going better

Real talk every sword in this game looks like it has been used for chopping wood then left in a puddle of stagnant water for three years. Saltz's rapier looks like he picked it up at the dollar store. Never mind increasing power levels, I want a whetstone.

Grondoth
Feb 18, 2011
I like the illusions in theory, I dislike them in practice. Instead of being able to apply whatever rarity appearance you want, instead you're beholden to RNG drops.

Kaddish
Feb 7, 2002

Ignite Memories posted:

I think what's happening is that you're getting a Blue weapon that has the Illusion of a White weapon. So you can make your fancy weapons look less fancy if you want.

That must be it because I just double checked and if 'subtle' means a certain scratch in a different spot they're definitely the same. Odd that every illusion weapon I've found is for white but oh well.

Orv
May 4, 2011
They added specials to the escape run on the plague cave mission. They added a lot of them. It goes as you might expect.

one on a bun
Oct 23, 2008
WHC might not have the most broken crowd deleting poo poo but it's so satisfying picking up the dumbass health regenerating infinite ammo elf for the second time in my stylish hat.

Also I get why they nerfed the lasergun rapier pistol but I wish they'd at least remove the little crosshair bump before you shoot, it does dick at 5 feet anyway but I want to stagger shield dudes without having to adjust my aim in the FPS game

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

DreamShipWrecked posted:

I want a whetstone.

There is one in the chaos encampment! You can even spin it.

Orv
May 4, 2011
It appears they've introduced a bug where dropped items (have a chance to) vanish from the game. Cool.

Mr. Meagles
Apr 30, 2004

Out here, everything hurts

Pyromancer Sienna with the Longsword and Beam Staff is the way to go if you like fire grandma. It's great to be able to use your ult on cooldown because it pops so fast (use your ult on cooldown).

I'm cleaning house without a broken gimmick, it's safe from nerfs and will probably get buffed. Which is fantastic.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

Just had a guy blast his mic so hard with static that it crashed the game.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Fun bug: about a minute into a match, the visual and audio effects of Lumberjack Kruber's ult stayed on for the entire match. If I was healed, they'd turn back to normal but as soon as I shot they'd come back.

Caidin
Oct 29, 2011

Orv posted:

They added specials to the escape run on the plague cave mission. They added a lot of them. It goes as you might expect.

Yesterday I got caught by a hook rat in there, which died when the tunnel caved in but I did not. So I had to leave the game so everyone else could finish.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Tom Gorman posted:

Pyromancer Sienna with the Longsword and Beam Staff is the way to go if you like fire grandma. It's great to be able to use your ult on cooldown because it pops so fast (use your ult on cooldown).

I'm cleaning house without a broken gimmick, it's safe from nerfs and will probably get buffed. Which is fantastic.

What's your set up? I just started playing Sienna and she's tons of fun, just unlocked Pyro. Also a lot of people seem to think she's weak as hell but I feel like I've been doing relatively well with her judging by end game stats.

Broken Cog
Dec 29, 2009

We're all friends here

Tom Gorman posted:

Beam Staff is pretty fun, if not the best. It also has some pretty nice Illusions.

The Big Bad Worf
Jan 26, 2004
Quad-greatness
Whole game feels like it's not really ready for primetime. Yeah, beta, sure, but a good 2/3 of the maps are completely untested and major features aren't going to be ready on launch day.

Is there a wiki, guide, or resource to help digest what arbitrary power thresholds you need to meet on a per-difficulty basis to not feel gimpy?

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

The Big Bad Worf posted:

Whole game feels like it's not really ready for primetime. Yeah, beta, sure, but a good 2/3 of the maps are completely untested and major features aren't going to be ready on launch day.

Is there a wiki, guide, or resource to help digest what arbitrary power thresholds you need to meet on a per-difficulty basis to not feel gimpy?

Play game, smash rats, open boxes, have fun.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I had a game yesterday where the idiot elf spent the whole thing running ahead, beelining for every tome, never letting go of W and never pressing right click. Towards the end she got grabbed by a leech, and all of the rest of us in unison just walked up to the Leech and stood in a circle around it. We just stood there talking in voice to the Leech, asking him to please let the elf go, while she slowly died. Then when she was on the ground the dwarf player looked some things up on WebMD to try to help explain what her "condition" was. When she respawned no one got her up, just stood around her explaining in voice how she should dislocate her thumbs or whatever to get unbound.

Everyone uniting around mocking the moron was the best and this game is the best thanks Fatshark

Mendrian
Jan 6, 2013

The Big Bad Worf posted:

I'm not quite sure what you mean. Untested by us, the players, yes. There are gonna be bugs, no doubt. But for like 20 bucks this is... pretty good?

Also what major features are you talking about? Mod support? The game wasn't sold on its mod support, at least not to anybody I know.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

I keep getting sack rats/loot rats that don't drop anything when killed. Is this normal? I don't remember that ever happening in VT1.

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

ArchRanger posted:

I keep getting sack rats/loot rats that don't drop anything when killed. Is this normal? I don't remember that ever happening in VT1.

I've never seen them drop nothing but they could always give you bum drops.

CuddleCryptid
Jan 11, 2013

ArchRanger posted:

Loot dice have weird physics for some reason, since they are usually larger than the containers they come from. Perhaps the die clipped into the ground?

I'm not sure why they have perfectly functional cube boxes and then chose to make the dies 30% larger than the boxes

Orv
May 4, 2011

ArchRanger posted:

Orv posted:

It appears they've introduced a bug where dropped items (have a chance to) vanish from the game. Cool.

Senethro
May 18, 2005

I unironically think I'm Garret, Master Thief.
To slay the rats is fun and good. Hoping for a smooth launch.

ArchRanger
Mar 19, 2007
I'm tired of following my dreams, I'm just gonna ask where they're goin' and meet up with 'em there.

Yardbomb posted:

I've never seen them drop nothing but they could always give you bum drops.

DreamShipWrecked posted:

Loot dice have weird physics for some reason, since they are usually larger than the containers they come from. Perhaps the die clipped into the ground?

I'm not sure why they have perfectly functional cube boxes and then chose to make the dies 30% larger than the boxes

It's happened the last three sack rats my friends and I have killed, so maybe it's just that bug.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
I want a mod that lets you play as Louis from L4D so bad

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Madcosby posted:

I want a mod that lets you play as Louis from L4D so bad

"ratfuck of love over here"

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
This game is about bonkin rats on their heads, and then laughing with goons when you mess something up.

ChickenHeart
Nov 28, 2007

Take me at your own risk.

Kiss From a Hog
I hope the launch bugs are both hilarious and experience-enhancing.

Like, Saltzpyre's pistols firing crows instead of bullets, or rat ogres swimming through the air after players, or player skins being replaced with wood textures.

Minera
Sep 26, 2007

All your friends and foes,
they thought they knew ya,
but look who's in your heart now.
controversial opinion for pubs: grimoires are optional

Dr. VooDoo
May 4, 2006

Minrad posted:

controversial opinion for pubs: grimoires are optional

I did my first veterans game last night and despite the pubbies sucking up every health item while I still had first unused potion they constantly went for grimoires and wiped three times in a row because of it

Sacrificial Toast
Nov 5, 2009

Bounty Hunter with volley bow after level 15 is real dumb. That free shots trait is probably a bit much. Or maybe it's the melee refresh on blessed shots that's the problem.

Tokubetsu
Dec 18, 2007

Love Is Not Enough

Tom Gorman posted:

loving the mace on her the most atm, but yes beam staff is dopest staff

Estranged On The Range
Oct 18, 2015
Got a drakegun that boosts attack power by 5% for every attack against the same target, stacks 10 times.
Just burning trough everything!

Tomahawk
Aug 13, 2003

HE KNOWS
dumb question but i know nothing about warhammer but this game is fun and a lot of you seem to be really knowledgeable about the warhammer lore. are there books or comics or something? i thought this was just a tabletop game

Yardbomb
Jul 11, 2011

What's with the eh... bretonnian dance, sir?

Tomahawk posted:

dumb question but i know nothing about warhammer but this game is fun and a lot of you seem to be really knowledgeable about the warhammer lore. are there books or comics or something? i thought this was just a tabletop game

There's a bunch of assorted novels, some comics and things like that yeah, some of them are pretty fun reads.

There's a whole Warham Fantasy wiki that's compiled tons of this stuff as well.

Yardbomb fucked around with this message at 03:45 on Mar 8, 2018

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Tomahawk posted:

gortrek and felix

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Most of what I know I know from all the fluff for the second edition of the RPG, since I've played in and run a bunch of campaigns in it with my gaming group.

• Locked thread