Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

purple death ray
Jul 28, 2007

me omw 2 steal ur girl

Caufman posted:

Ideally my hash oil would come to me in a 32oz can with a yellow label that just said 'crumble' in black arial font.

that version costs $5 more than the same thing but with black comic sans

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Mein Kampf Enthusiast posted:

imo craft beer is in this hilarious backswing where a lot of the better-known breweries have been bought by the big conglomerates or expanded their distribution, and a lot of the smaller microbreweries are really leaning into the trend and pricing their beer accordingly. I'm a pretty big beer nerd and I'll very happily continue buying six-packs of Sierra Nevada for $9.99 instead of four-packs of Singlecut or Finback or whatever for like $18.99.

Weed will probably be the same, the market will be a wild west of new entrants for a few years, big player will emerge, or step out from the shadow of a cigarette company, and begin to buy up smaller guys, either to keep them around as "choice" or eliminate alternative brands entirely.

In 5-10 years it'll be a few big name companies selling $5 grams and a bunch of $10-12 small batch """""""""organic""""""""" producers just like there is with beer.

....except Budweiser stock is ~$110 right now and you can buy stock in a weed company for $0.30 - $15.00. imagine going back to 1932 with the knowledge prohibition is ending in a year and a few bucks in your pocket to get in on that

WithoutTheFezOn
Aug 28, 2005
Oh no
So how do legal states balance the “up to one ounce of weed” and “up to 4-6 plants” thing? I’m guessing a harvested full-grown plant yields a lot more than an ounce.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

WithoutTheFezOn posted:

So how do legal states balance the “up to one ounce of weed” and “up to 4-6 plants” thing? I’m guessing a harvested full-grown plant yields a lot more than an ounce.

I think in most states, an ounce is the most you are allowed to buy at once or carry in public, but you can own more than that in your home.

also its not really enforced at all. like there's nothing to stop you from buying four ounces from four different places within an hour

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

bring back old gbs posted:

Weed will probably be the same, the market will be a wild west of new entrants for a few years, big player will emerge, or step out from the shadow of a cigarette company, and begin to buy up smaller guys, either to keep them around as "choice" or eliminate alternative brands entirely.

In 5-10 years it'll be a few big name companies selling $5 grams and a bunch of $10-12 small batch """""""""organic""""""""" producers just like there is with beer.

....except Budweiser stock is ~$110 right now and you can buy stock in a weed company for $0.30 - $15.00. imagine going back to 1932 with the knowledge prohibition is ending in a year and a few bucks in your pocket to get in on that

I'm ok with all of this

high school kids will slip you $5 to buy them a G of Coors Green along with your fancy eighth of Sam Adams (tm) Patriot Puffer for $30 or whatever

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

within like 10 years dispensaries will start selling dried out brown brick weed with seeds and huge stems as a novelty item. Schwag®

HenryJLittlefinger
Jan 31, 2010

stomp clap

I've said it in the other weed thread, but I'd pay a little extra every now and then to buy some lovely flat stuff with a branch down the middle in the city park at night.

Mariana Horchata
Jun 30, 2008

College Slice
diamonds & terp sauce is kinda artisanal but it also gets u high as gently caress

Caufman
May 7, 2007

purple death ray posted:

that version costs $5 more than the same thing but with black comic sans

That's a crayon.

bagmonkey
May 13, 2003

Grimey Drawer

imo craft beer is in this hilarious backswing where a lot of the better-known breweries have been bought by the big conglomerates or expanded their distribution, and a lot of the smaller microbreweries are really leaning into the trend and pricing their beer accordingly. I'm a pretty big beer nerd and I'll very happily continue buying six-packs of Sierra Nevada for $9.99 instead of four-packs of Singlecut or Finback or whatever for like $18.99.

Dude, yes. I'm v much there with beer and gotta imagine the same thing will happen with weed

bagmonkey fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Mar 9, 2018

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

bagmonkey posted:

Dude, yes. I'm v much there with beer and gotta imagine the same thing will happen with weed

There was this one dude who used to work at the beer store by me who would seriously stop drinking a brewery's beers if they got bought out. Like "oh yeah ever since they opened the 2nd and 3rd breweries their beer's gotten lovely" or whatever, which was total bullshit. Sam Adams or New Belgium or whatever don't suddenly start sucking because they're popular and got a bunch of money from a big conglomerate to upscale their facilities.

Sorry, that was a beer rant not a weed rant. If it helps I took a fat dab of Blueberry before I posted this!

e: oh yeah the moral of the dude at the beer store was he's been fired from like 2 or 3 bartending gigs and at least 1 brewery rep gig because of how retardedly snobby he is about beer :laffo:

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Didn't need the edit to guess that's what happened to that idiot, but it's nice to know certain things are always true.

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

So my buddy got some 80% THC crumble, and we did dabs with it. Each dab was like, half a pinky sized. Got loving BLASTED.

10/10, would recommend.

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
while high try playing as a fighting game character you never play as and master their moveset and playing as them.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Fututor Magnus posted:

while high try playing as a fighting game character you never play as and master their moveset and playing as them.

yeah but then you'll have to be high to be good with them later on, which could be problematic if you're at an arcade :haw:

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

yeah but then you'll have to be high to be good with them later on, which could be problematic if you're at an arcade :haw:

play high at an arcade with friends.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Fututor Magnus posted:

play high at an arcade with friends.

I wish there were arcades around here :(

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Isn't the humble compy kind of like an arcade from the past's idea of the future?

edit: I know, it's not the same :(

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

bagmonkey posted:

My regular guy stopped by a few weeks back and I got some of his cartridges and some flower too. Except now as I'm breaking down the flower, I'm finding seeds and poo poo, and honestly I haven't enjoyed the strain that much. My dude mentioned he had gotten it off a friend since he's waiting for his crops to mature... is it kosher to bring up the seeds things to him? I've been super weed spoiled and this is the first time I've had seeds in my weed, no joke.

I mean, if it is a seed or two and the weed is usually good otherwise I wouldn't but if it's a ton of seeds and it's poo poo weed I'd probably mention it.

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Earwicker posted:

i mean its not great but weed being marketed like that is also part of it being socially accepted and legal, and i'd rather see the odd marketing catchphrase than people going to jail for it or it having some stupid social stigma. do you get angry when you see small batch whiskys or craft beers? you can brew beer in your basement too, but there's nothing wrong with paying someone else for it.

The bullshit is that the people getting licenses to run stores are mostly white and minorities are still going to prison for possession, and at increased rates too in some places that legalized which is pretty loving lol (last I checked anyway).

So it's kinda like yeah a bunch of white yuppie fucks meeting in suits outside the local grocery store here in Cardiff are looking at graphs and discussing weed meanwhile the cops are still locking up black and latino people at the same rate and that's some bs honestly.

https://www.npr.org/2016/06/29/483954157/as-adults-legally-smoke-pot-in-colorado-more-minority-kids-arrested-for-it

quote:

Marijuana is legal in Colorado — as long as you're 21 or older. It's still illegal for kids to possess, so juveniles are coming to dominate the marijuana arrests in Colorado. But another startling trend also has developed: Arrest rates have risen dramatically for young blacks and Latinos.

A Colorado Health Department survey found there wasn't a huge racial difference in who smokes pot. But the marijuana arrest rate for white 10- to 17-year-olds fell by nearly 10 percent from 2012 to 2014, while arrest rates for Latino and black youths respectively rose more than 20 percent and more than 50 percent.

Humphreys theorizes that the marijuana businesses themselves may be playing a role in who gets arrested.

"The emerging legal marijuana industry is overwhelmingly white-owned and white-dominated, and provides good access to white customers," he says. "So one possibility is that that leaves the illegal market disproportionately composed of people of color, both the buyers and the sellers."

That issue touches Wanda James, who owns the Simply Pure dispensary in a gentrified neighborhood in northwest Denver. It's a Friday, and there's a steady flow of customers in and out of her shop — most of them white.

As a black woman, she is an anomaly in the industry, and news that minorities are being arrested at higher rates for marijuana offenses in the city makes her angry.

But she points out the targeting of minorities by law enforcement is not just a Colorado or Denver problem — "there is not a major city, small town, rural county, city-county, outskirts, beach community that does not have this exact same problem" — and safe and legal access to pot clearly hasn't wiped that away.

just sayin

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Mar 10, 2018

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Fututor Magnus posted:

Yes and No. the new character may not work out for you...but for their more complicated stuff you might pick up a input technique that makes you better with your main character.

Play more Fighting Games.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

god bless america

(I would go see the poo poo out of that if I could)

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Moridin920 posted:

So it's kinda like yeah a bunch of white yuppie fucks meeting in suits outside the local grocery store here in Cardiff are looking at graphs and discussing weed meanwhile the cops are still locking up black and latino people at the same rate and that's some bs honestly.

https://www.npr.org/2016/06/29/483954157/as-adults-legally-smoke-pot-in-colorado-more-minority-kids-arrested-for-it

of course its bullshit but the prime cause of this is the police being racist, not weed marketing. of course the main people who benefit from legalization are the same wealthy white people who were generally able to get away with possession even before it was legalized, but the typical branding and marketing language that's showing up is more of a side effect and something that gets applied to pretty much every legal product that exists. like pretty much everything you see in a grocery store has some sort of "small batch" or "artisinal" variants being sold to wealthier targets

Earwicker fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Mar 11, 2018

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Earwicker posted:

of course its bullshit but the prime cause of this is the police being racist, not weed marketing. of course the main people who benefit from legalization are the same wealthy white people who were generally able to get away with possession even before it was legalized, but the typical branding and marketing language that's showing up is more of a side effect and something that gets applied to pretty much every legal product that exists. like pretty much everything you see in a grocery store has some sort of "small batch" or "artisinal" variants being sold to wealthier targets

No one is blaming racism on weed being marketed, reread the post.

ArmTheHomeless
Jan 10, 2003

Tendai posted:

god bless america

(I would go see the poo poo out of that if I could)

This sounds like an amazing idea and I wouldn't have known about it if not for your post.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
legal weed is cool but gently caress all the dispensaries close at like 8PM here and I just got home a few minutes ago :sigh:

Oh well, I still have a sativa one but I wanted to pickup some CBD vape cartridges for saturday night

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

Improbable Lobster posted:

No one is blaming racism on weed being marketed, reread the post.

i know, sorry if i was unclear but my point is that while the continued racist law enforcement sucks as does the fact that already-wealthy white people are the main people getting rich in the business, its a bit silly to get angry about people applying the same kind of marketing terms to legal weed that they do to pretty much every other consumable product in this country, thats a positive sign as well as a negative one and things are overall still better than they used to be, even with today's problems

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I just learned about those little cartridges filled with distilled weed essence attached to a little battery and my world's been turned upside down.

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

yeah they are amazing especially for travel

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
I call it my knockout gas because I puff on it before bed and it puts me right to sleep.

scott zoloft
Dec 7, 2015

yeah same
how much do those carts typically go for? I've seen factory made and packaged gram ones going for 50 and half sized hand filled ones for about 25 30.

Also, how long have these been around? o_O

Earwicker
Jan 6, 2003

i usually get packaged half gram ones which are between 25-40 in legal states depending on the brand and the store, though they currently cost a bit more where i live in nyc. hopefully that will change once massachussetts gets set up this summer

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
if you're high watch this video:

https://youtu.be/5aV_850nzv4

this video will make you hungry:

https://youtu.be/hVkXszDfenc

Fututor Magnus
Feb 22, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

AkumaHokoru posted:

Yes and No. the new character may not work out for you...but for their more complicated stuff you might pick up a input technique that makes you better with your main character.

Play more Fighting Games.

lmao. you're just incapable if you can't acclimate yourself to new characters and get a feel for the flow of said characters - what you crudely term "their more complicated stuff" - which does become instinctual under the influence, especially under the influence of the more focus and stimulation oriented strains.

you haven't played enough fighting games, don't you dare assume anyone else's experience.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Fututor Magnus posted:

lmao. you're just incapable if you can't acclimate yourself to new characters and get a feel for the flow of said characters - what you crudely term "their more complicated stuff" - which does become instinctual under the influence, especially under the influence of the more focus and stimulation oriented strains.

you haven't played enough fighting games, don't you dare assume anyone else's experience.

Sir this is a dispensary drive-thru

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Earwicker posted:

i usually get packaged half gram ones which are between 25-40 in legal states depending on the brand and the store, though they currently cost a bit more where i live in nyc. hopefully that will change once massachussetts gets set up this summer

how long do those 500mg seem to last from your experience? let's say you take a hit from it twice a day. I was planning to try one out my next dispensary visit so i've always been curious how long they last on average

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Earwicker posted:

i know, sorry if i was unclear but my point is that while the continued racist law enforcement sucks as does the fact that already-wealthy white people are the main people getting rich in the business, its a bit silly to get angry about people applying the same kind of marketing terms to legal weed that they do to pretty much every other consumable product in this country, thats a positive sign as well as a negative one and things are overall still better than they used to be, even with today's problems

Nah, that corporate bullshit is also awful and just because it's considered normal doesn't mean that it has any positive qualities whatsoever. There's nothing good about it.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Earwicker posted:

yeah they are amazing especially for travel
have you taken them through your carryon? between a very small cartridge and very small charger, i'd guess it' be ok, and definitely fine checked-in but i usually avoid checked-baggage. i took my boxmod and eliq vape stuff a few times and 50/50 on getting "randomly" searched. even with the small amount in with the other 3oz liquids ziplock and electronic parts taken apart and in a bag with laptop cords/chargers

considering getting some cbd gummies for an upcoming long international flight since food should be np to carry. something like this looks good: https://www.eaze.com/groups/edibles?product_id=5499

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

loving annihilated right nowlooking at the ceiling listening to The Hunter by Mastodon, the track not the album necessarily, and I feel like I'm melting into space

This took fifteen minutes to type

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Fututor Magnus posted:

I have played more or less all of the fighters some at a professional level. Preeetty sure I know what I'm talking about.

If you are talking "yeah I can do this character's moves" 1 training sess or 2 might do it for you. if you're talking about actually being able to know the ins and outs of the character...no friend. no.