Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
I want workable goblin fanatics that don't hide in a unit or have the units name be hidden from the enemy.

I really just want more goblins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

Third World Reggin posted:

I want workable goblin fanatics that don't hide in a unit or have the units name be hidden from the enemy.

I really just want more goblins.

thats the advantage of fanatics though...

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Mangler squigs would be cool. Basically a fanatic chained to two giant squigs, IIRC they never got a model though?

The exploding squigs in the doomseekers loving annihilated me the first time cuz I never played Wurrzag. A line of slayers vs my early-game elf firing line, heheh, I thought, easy peezy. OH

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Motherfucker posted:

thats the advantage of fanatics though...

why do you not want a unit of fanatics that just start spinning at the start of the battle and disappear into the green ether

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Mangler squigs would be cool. Basically a fanatic chained to two giant squigs, IIRC they never got a model though?

The exploding squigs in the doomseekers loving annihilated me the first time cuz I never played Wurrzag. A line of slayers vs my early-game elf firing line, heheh, I thought, easy peezy. OH

Early game elf is 80% firing line 20% spears, no?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

why do you not want a unit of fanatics that just start spinning at the start of the battle and disappear into the green ether

Because they will either charge straight into your own army or just get gunned down as soon as they approach the opposing battle line.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Hunt11 posted:

Because they will either charge straight into your own army or just get gunned down as soon as they approach the opposing battle line.

This sounds like a very goblin thing

Klaus88
Jan 23, 2011

Violence has its own economy, therefore be thoughtful and precise in your investment
I'm 100 turns into a heavily modded ME campaign and I've only crashed once. This is a CA game right?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 5 days!
Is there any particular reason the only way you have different starting locations is by having different subfactions? With many, you run the risk of losing the chance to obtain the other Legendary Lords forever if they were wounded when the Confederation took place. So while you get alternate start locations, it comes at the cost of seldom getting the other LLs at a point in which it might be useful.

One alternative idea I'd pitch is to have some Legendary Lords be 'wild cards' that can be recruited from any of the subfactions of that race. There's no reason Grombrindal, for example, couldn't be recruited by Clan Angrund, for example. As they add more Legendary Lords (and hopefully Heroes, eventually) they can simply make them available like this, particularly if those Lords were more Mercenary in the Lore anyway and not currently tied to their own faction.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Panfilo posted:

Is there any particular reason the only way you have different starting locations is by having different subfactions?

The game started with the idea that if you were going to do co-op, one of you would be empire, the other dwarves, so why bother splitting the LLs.

Now that CA seems to think people care about co-op, starting with the bretonia DLC, the lords are no longer all in one province.

They have said they want to go back and move the old world guys around so you can co-op a game where you are both dwarves or both humans.

The only solution to LLs going missing is probably the mod where you can re-establish dead factions.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.
thats not how fanatics WORK though, like, even on the tabletop. their whole deal is you guide them to the front hidden among nightgobs than you go, "but surprise, its fanatics" and leave them wishing they hadn't charged your night-archers, or maybe the scatter dice sends them careening into your own lines killing everyone...

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

lol at worrying about how things work

*fires off another charge of spell summon fanatic*

Democrazy
Oct 16, 2008

If you're not willing to lick the boot, then really why are you in politics lol? Everything is a cycle of just getting stomped on so why do you want to lose to it over and over, just submit like me, I'm very intelligent.

Because they will get shot to poo poo by the dwarves you are most likely up against, and won’t be able to work the flanks or attack the missile troops, which is what it should be doing.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008
I’m playing a dawi ME campaign to try out the Greenskin buffs. It’s pretty good, the green tide is definitely a thing.

I’ve been hard pressed to consolidate the northern mountains and push out the vampires while keeping my southern holds intact. I have 2 good stacks just chainsawing 2-3 stack greenskin incursions every few turns.

If you felt that the dwarves were kind of boring before, it has been a bit of a nail biter for me and I recommend giving it a shot now.

I really wish CA would release some more info on the non Norsca DLC. I’d like to know what else they have planned since this is a long rear end wait and the previous schedule is thrown way out of whack.

Electronico6
Feb 25, 2011

Richard Bong posted:

I really wish CA would release some more info on the non Norsca DLC. I’d like to know what else they have planned since this is a long rear end wait and the previous schedule is thrown way out of whack.

Grace_CA more or less confirmed a couple of weeks ago that there won't be any new DLC for WH2 until Norsca.

Grace_CA posted:

We are going to do a 'what the teams are working on' update soon, and I posted the development blog which explains the difficulties and effort going into Norsca and RoR. Everyone was very upset when Norsca and RoR were not in mortal empires and I even got a great number of personal messages, so we have obviously prioritised that - even when we announced Tomb Kings, which we'd been working on before Norsca, people complained that we were "expecting" them to pay for content when content they had already paid for (Norsca) was not in the game.

Now we are prioritising that content, we're getting criticised for not adding paid content. As you can see, sometimes there is no winning, and so we've made the decision to do what we think is the right thing, which is Norsca in this case.

This doesn't mean we've abandoned WH2 or that there won't be any future DLC for it, but I don't think waiting a few extra months for content is unreasonable.

This month is all about Rome 2, and April is the Saga game. In May we get Norsca, and maybe a new paid DLC to go along with it

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Electronico6 posted:

Grace_CA more or less confirmed a couple of weeks ago that there won't be any new DLC for WH2 until Norsca.

This month is all about Rome 2, and April is the Saga game. In May we get Norsca, and maybe a new paid DLC to go along with it

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. All we know is we get Norsca. No word on the other DLC, FLC, or fixes. Are we getting more races, start positions, or...? I know may at least, but no word on what or when this deep into the games life cycle is a little annoying.

Fuligin
Oct 27, 2010

wait what the fuck??

Crynsos added rogie armies to the faction unlocker, each with unique unit rosters, and it is rad as hell. College of pyrotechnics here we go

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Richard Bong posted:

That’s exactly what I’m talking about. All we know is we get Norsca. No word on the other DLC, FLC, or fixes. Are we getting more races, start positions, or...? I know may at least, but no word on what or when this deep into the games life cycle is a little annoying.

Yeah if you ignore the part that was about future DLC then she didn't say anything about DLC. Honestly it's started to feel like CA just doesn't give a poo poo about the game, because besides when they talk about it and its development schedule they never bring it up. It's just radio silence on DLC outside of when they talk about DLC.

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

Yeah if you ignore the part that was about future DLC then she didn't say anything about DLC. Honestly it's started to feel like CA just doesn't give a poo poo about the game, because besides when they talk about it and its development schedule they never bring it up. It's just radio silence on DLC outside of when they talk about DLC.

“This doesn't mean we've abandoned WH2 or that there won't be any future DLC for it, but I don't think waiting a few extra months for content is unreasonable.”

Not a whole lot of specific info there.

And if you look at what I said, I’d like to know something more than a nebulous, “mystery stuff in mystery amounts at mystery times past or in May?”

I didn’t say whatever that poo poo you posted is.

blindwoozie
Mar 1, 2008

Warhammer 1's DLC schedule spoiled the poo poo out of us. On one hand, I hope they fix Norsca first and get poo poo ironed out, on the other hand give me all of the loving DLC you can possibly make CA hot pot catapults when

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Richard Bong posted:

“This doesn't mean we've abandoned WH2 or that there won't be any future DLC for it, but I don't think waiting a few extra months for content is unreasonable.”

Not a whole lot of specific info there.

And if you look at what I said, I’d like to know something more than a nebulous, “mystery stuff in mystery amounts at mystery times past or in May?”

I didn’t say whatever that poo poo you posted is.

It's really just nothing like the Warhammer 1 development cycle when they would clearly describe all of the DLC being released for the game. Take Call of the Beastmen, for example, CA announced it all the way back in July 2016, almost two whole weeks before that DLC was released. With Warhammer 2 we aren't getting poo poo other than the occasional "we will release a new DLC in one month" or "our next content release will be in May, followed by other projects."

Disgraceful.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

Holy god are you a bad poster

feller
Jul 5, 2006

This guy's disappointed that they haven't said more about future DLC plans? Well not on my watch bucko

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

i think TWH2 (cool new races aside) is pretty much inferior to TWH1 so I'm waiting for TWH3 personally

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

there is definitely a bit of sophomore syndrome with wh2

but then again it sets up to wh3 rock the poo poo out of everything

Nephthys
Mar 27, 2010

turn off the TV posted:

It's really just nothing like the Warhammer 1 development cycle when they would clearly describe all of the DLC being released for the game. Take Call of the Beastmen, for example, CA announced it all the way back in July 2016, almost two whole weeks before that DLC was released. With Warhammer 2 we aren't getting poo poo other than the occasional "we will release a new DLC in one month" or "our next content release will be in May, followed by other projects."

Disgraceful.

Oh shut up. They hosed up royally with Norsca and ate humble pie because of it. Its pretty obvious they wouldn't want to bring more attention to the situation by talking about DLC when its had to be pushed back so badly.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

nopantsjack posted:

i think TWH2 (cool new races aside) is pretty much inferior to TWH1 so I'm waiting for TWH3 personally

I don’t get this opinion at all, it’s basically identical but with more stuff

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

The climate concept was a good try that ended up feeling a lot messier than the pretty neat system from WH1.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

it runs slower (the main technical hurdle for me enjoying a TW game) and every time i start a game I gotta redo my turn and camera settings which is a small gripe but genuinely annoys the hell out of me every time

vortex is quite good but mortal empires is just a slower version of vortex or wh1 depending on who you're playing as, its pretty rare to actually encounter TW2 factions as a TW1 faction and vice versa

i like all the factions, i just found myself not enjoying it as much as WH1 and I basically dont play it at all anymore, whereas I played WH1 and loved it right up until 2 came out

e: also though I enjoy all the new factions and think they're neat as hell, especially skaven, i think they dont really change their rosters much from tier 1 to endgame whereas like orks, vamps and dwarves from 1 are fielding much more elite armies. that may just be rose tinted glasses though

Communist Thoughts fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 8, 2018

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

I mean if you feel like CA isn't communicating enough you're probably an idiot. I'm sorry that you're offended by this Senor Dog, as I understand criticism can hit very close to home.

Nephthys posted:

Oh shut up. They hosed up royally with Norsca and ate humble pie because of it. Its pretty obvious they wouldn't want to bring more attention to the situation by talking about DLC when its had to be pushed back so badly.

Call of the Beastmen was announced on July 14, 2016. Call of the Beastmen was released on July 28, 2016. Grim and Grave was announced on August 23, 2016. Grim and Grave was released on September 1, 2016. Realm of the Wood Elves was announced on Nov 17, 2016. Realm of the Wood Elves was released on December 8, 2016.

CA's practice was to announce Warhammer 1 DLC just a few weeks before it was released. CA has said that future Warhammer 2 DLC is going to be released after May. So, unless CA was practicing for damage control for Warhammer 2's DLC release schedule before that game actually entered development, I think that this might be normal.

JacksAngryBiome
Oct 23, 2014
I just want them to fix the quick battle bug that keeps you from loading the army selection screen after an opponent is found. It failed 8 out of 9 attempts last night.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

turn off the TV posted:

I mean if you feel like CA isn't communicating enough you're probably an idiot. I'm sorry that you're offended by this Senor Dog, as I understand criticism can hit very close to home.

Call of the Beastmen was announced on July 14, 2016. Call of the Beastmen was released on July 28, 2016. Grim and Grave was announced on August 23, 2016. Grim and Grave was released on September 1, 2016. Realm of the Wood Elves was announced on Nov 17, 2016. Realm of the Wood Elves was released on December 8, 2016.

CA's practice was to announce Warhammer 1 DLC just a few weeks before it was released. CA has said that future Warhammer 2 DLC is going to be released after May. So, unless CA was practicing for damage control for Warhammer 2's DLC release schedule before that game actually entered development, I think that this might be normal.

Ok your point has made you sound really stupid. They normally announce DLC a few weeks before release. That is probably still the case here. We are just not getting any right now because they are working on Norsca. Tomb Kings were the exact same style as WH1.

Just be patient. Wait for Norsca then the games release schedule should be normal again. poo poo had to get pushed back because of Norsca.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

MonsterEnvy posted:

Ok your point has made you sound really stupid. They normally announce DLC a few weeks before release. That is probably still the case here. We are just not getting any right now because they are working on Norsca. Tomb Kings were the exact same style as WH1.

Just be patient. Wait for Norsca then the games release schedule should be normal again. poo poo had to get pushed back because of Norsca.

Did you quote the wrong post or uh

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

JacksAngryBiome posted:

I just want them to fix the quick battle bug that keeps you from loading the army selection screen after an opponent is found. It failed 8 out of 9 attempts last night.

Oh god yes. That bug is infuriating

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

turn off the TV posted:

Suck my dick from the back, wanting to know if they are truncating DLC plans or other content due to the Norsca pooch screwing is not ~unreasonable~. I’m not even saying I want to know exactly what or when, just some broad strokes stuff.

WH1 is not a great model because they didn’t have a 6 - 8 month setback for planned races that included a stop in future content until that was resolved. Considering the standard DLC plan is changed in a significant manner, wanting to know what they still have planned is not some wacky entitled thing. Especially since continued DLC/FLC releases are big draw of the game.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Richard Bong posted:

Suck my dick from the back, wanting to know if they are truncating DLC plans or other content due to the Norsca pooch screwing is not ~unreasonable~. I’m not even saying I want to know exactly what or when, just some broad strokes stuff.

WH1 is not a great model because they didn’t have a 6 - 8 month setback for planned races that included a stop in future content until that was resolved. Considering the standard DLC plan is changed in a significant manner, wanting to know what they still have planned is not some wacky entitled thing. Especially since continued DLC/FLC releases are big draw of the game.

Is it though? Don’t get me wrong, CA makes good DLC, but dear lord I do not like the Paradox model of returning to the game a year later and seeing 200 bucks of new DLC.

feller
Jul 5, 2006

turn off the TV posted:

drat, you calling me stupid is some hard hitting poo poo that I assume sounded better in your head.

No one is asking for a calendar. You're the only one sperging about that. People just like the game and would like to know more about what is coming with/after norsca. If that sounds stupid to you then OK this has been your glimpse into normie life.

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

Senor Dog is correct

Richard Bong
Dec 11, 2008

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Is it though? Don’t get me wrong, CA makes good DLC, but dear lord I do not like the Paradox model of returning to the game a year later and seeing 200 bucks of new DLC.

The new races end up adding a couple new play throughs and some quick battle time for me so I don’t mind(too much) the 20$ for another 60 hrs of enjoyment.

I’m not thrilled with DLC being put in place of proper expansions, but Tomb Kings are definitely not horse armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Richard Bong posted:

Richard Bong posted:

"This doesn't mean we've abandoned WH2 or that there won't be any future DLC for it, but I don't think waiting a few extra months for content is unreasonable."

:thunk: