Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Intel&Sebastian posted:

In the midst of a DS9/Dinner watch and just got to the Orb of the Emissary...

If I was as suave as the guy playing Damar I'd be mad they had me under all the Cardi makeup that whole time.

Casey Biggs is a treat, whatever the makeup situation.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DfTaMzV4oFo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

sweet geek swag posted:

That's when he realizes, to his horror, that he is on Voyager.
I have 8 episodes left. I feel the same way. It feels like a lifetime. Set me free.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!

Zesty posted:

Goons like to repeat this until they forget it's not true. Just off the top of my head, The Most Toys.

quote:

British actor David Rappaport was the first actor chosen for the role of Kivas Fajo, but he attempted suicide over the weekend after a few days of filming were completed. Director Timothy Bond stated, "[T]here was a story going around that they had found him in his car with a tube running from the exhaust. Obviously I had to replace him."

:stare:

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I want to find a copy of Brent Spiners jazz album or whatever it is

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

IT CAN'T BE BARGAINED WITH.
IT CAN'T BE REASONED WITH.
IT DOESN'T FEEL PITY, OR REMORSE, OR FEAR.
AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Burning_Monk posted:

Hyperdrive is really underrated.

It was the Orville before the Orville.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

mods change my name posted:

ill put it next to my paper copy of the star trek cook book

i kind of want to get a batleth too

ironically???

also some star trek collector plates

ironically....

Drink-Mix Man
Mar 4, 2003

You are an odd fellow, but I must say... you throw a swell shindig.

mods change my name posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EsUke0g4ajQ

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
I saw star trek cologne on super clearance at tj maxx and bought a bottle of "Red Shirt" for like $3. It smells like baby powder but makes me feel like an elite member of an star spanning federation.

The General
Mar 4, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tObGkKHFf_w

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

TheScott2K posted:

Data seemed sinister AF in Farpoint and a whole series with that dude driving the ship would have ruled.

Um, Data's post was operations not the helm, sheesh

:goonsay:

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I started watching DS9 again. Seemed like a more enjoyable use of my time than cobbling a watchable tng list together or doing a biij run of voy/ent. Season 1 is so loving weird man, i'm remembering why i usually start on season 2

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=edflm7Hh3hs

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Burning_Monk posted:

Hyperdrive is really underrated.
It was so good that unlike many of its peers it managed to produce double digits of episodes.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.

basic hitler posted:

Season 1 is so loving weird man, i'm remembering why i usually start on season 2

i can't understand why anyone would want to skip the first season or two of tng or ds9. sure, they're weird as heck, but that's what makes them so much fun to watch!!

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

Ghostlight posted:

It was so good that unlike many of its peers it managed to produce double digits of episodes.

those bbc series always seem to be shortlived. except for red dwarf.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Mulaney Power Move posted:

those bbc series always seem to be shortlived. except for red dwarf.

Hey now, we'll get a third season of This is Jinsy any day now :pray:.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Gatekeeper posted:

i can't understand why anyone would want to skip the first season or two of tng or ds9. sure, they're weird as heck, but that's what makes them so much fun to watch!!

i agree

mods changed my name
Oct 30, 2017
TNG S1 is like the most :whitewater: Star Trek

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
The first season of DS9 is kind of rough but it's also fun to see the actors get the feel of their characters.

barbecue at the folks
Jul 20, 2007

Trast posted:

The first season of DS9 is kind of rough but it's also fun to see the actors get the feel of their characters.

Visitor and Brooks going at full tilt trying to constantly out-act each other is a blast. Both hit the ground running and just keep on turning up the heat until they start settling down into their roles and dynamics with the rest of the cast.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Brooks? Act?

counterfeitsaint
Feb 26, 2010

I'm a girl, and you're
gnomes, and it's like
what? Yikes.

simplefish posted:

Brooks? Act?

Yes? You can see his acting from space, let alone the back row.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The scene with Picard meeting Sisko and clearly thinking 'What's got this guy so steamed- oh. Oooooooh...' is a highlight.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

AND IT ABSOLUTELY WILL NOT STOP, EVER, UNTIL YOU ADMIT YOU'RE WRONG ABOUT WARHAMMER
Clapping Larry

Inescapable Duck posted:

The scene with Picard meeting Sisko and clearly thinking 'What's got this guy so steamed- oh. Oooooooh...' is a highlight.

Why is my small talk not amusing you commander?

You murdered my wife.

Oh uhh well everything seems to be in order here. Good day.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

So what series of TNG do I watch the films in between? I can't really be bothered to work it out but I can if nobody knows off the top of their head

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

simplefish posted:

So what series of TNG do I watch the films in between? I can't really be bothered to work it out but I can if nobody knows off the top of their head

all the films are set either before or after TNG, so... none?

Nutsngum
Oct 9, 2004

I don't think it's nice, you laughing.

simplefish posted:

You dont.

Well, First Contact is still a pretty good adventure action romp but gently caress the others.

So which Is the worst TNG movie? I wanna say Generations because its a complete mess of ideas, pacing, quality and lazyness and utterly wastes so many premises.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Nemesis was the worst imo

Malthuras
Feb 23, 2012

Go away

Hector Beerlioz posted:

Nemesis was the worst imo

Thats a hard call between Nemesis or Insurrection.

MA-Horus
Dec 3, 2006

I'm sorry, I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

Insurrection would have been a perfectly fine TNG 2-parter.

Nemesis is AGGRESSIVELY bad.

Generations is good solely for Shatner and Malcom McDowell. McDowell was apparently super excited to kill Kirk.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Data says poo poo in Generations which gives it bonus points

thuly
Jun 19, 2005

Transcending history, and the world, a tale of MS Paint and animes, endlessly retold.

MA-Horus posted:

Generations is good solely for Shatner and Malcom McDowell. McDowell was apparently super excited to kill Kirk.

We all should be.

Insurrection is a boring TNG episode given the movie treatment, and as such it's boring. Nemesis is a fanfiction.net trash fire.

Insurrection's director commentary track is great, it's Frakes and Sirtis at least a little drunk.

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec
Nemesis' director also did Executive Decision which owns and also edited like every action movie from the 90s.

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
After watching the DS9 episode where Weyoun 6 tries to defect to Odo....I'm wondering why Starfleet didn't just start threatening to put Odo on every important mission, claiming they've found more scout-baby-changelings or like inserting a hologram of him everywhere possible.

Even if the Dominion knows there's a 99.99% chance it's bullshit wouldn't their genetic hang ups about hurting changelings at least gently caress with their heads?

TheScott2K
Oct 26, 2003

I'm just saying, there's a nonzero chance Trump has a really toad penis.
I know Generations is bad but I still love it. Nemesis is bad and also I have it. Insurrection is pretty inoffensive except for how I agree with the Admiral.

Kitchner
Nov 9, 2012

Clapping Larry
Hot take here but I think nemesis is better than insurrection because years on i remember the plot to nemesis but have no idea, what happened in insurrection

Hector Beerlioz
Jun 16, 2010

aw, hec

Kitchner posted:

Hot take here but I think nemesis is better than insurrection because years on i remember the plot to nemesis but have no idea, what happened in insurrection

Salieri tried to kill a bunch of space farmers

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Captain Picard discovers he has the ability to slow down time as long as he is heavily invested in getting laid later.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

i think redlettermedia already said everything that could be said about the next gen movies but my main critique is that neither generations or insurrection really felt like a movie. first contact was good and felt like a movie and most complaints come from it being a departure from the show which is fair enough i guess. nemesis was just a dumb action movie with fat elderly men in a dune buggy chase and a 45 minute space battle that goes on forever complete with riker fighting a monster because he mind raped his wife but they never really developed that aspect of the story enough to feel like it was for revenge more so than just riker needing to do something at the end of the movie. they also killed the fat robot at the end to be like wrath of khan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

the thing i most remember about insurrection is at one point they vaguely mentioned that the sona made ketracel white for the dominion and then later in ds9 at one point weyoun mentions they can no longer count on the sona as allies or something to that effect, but that's probably because i was watching so much ds9 at the time.